Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,761 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Fund Managers Vs Stockbrokers: Which Is Better? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Fund Managers Vs Stockbrokers: Which Is Better? (2434 Views)

Poll: Stock brokers or fund managers?

Stock Brokers: 50% (1 vote)
Fund Managers: 50% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients / Can An Undergraduate Take Chartered Institute Of Stockbrokers (cis)exam? / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fund Managers Vs Stockbrokers: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 28, 2008
buying shares on your own through your stockbroker and investing in fund managers (for example aims asset management company ltd) which is better? I just went to aims website and saw a 60:40 sharing ratio on returns which the marketers never mentioned to us when they were telling us to invest. someone in the house should enlighten me please. Is it worth going ahead because i already have a stockbroker?
Re: Fund Managers Vs Stockbrokers: Which Is Better? by Ibime(m): 6:19pm On Apr 29, 2008
Fund managers. It all depends on how good they are sha.
Re: Fund Managers Vs Stockbrokers: Which Is Better? by bussylove: 8:47am On Apr 30, 2008
well going from what you said,a stockbroker will be better because at all the returns oyour investment belongs to you,according to our own company(IMPERIAL ASSET MANAGERS LTD)policy,i dont know about others
Re: Fund Managers Vs Stockbrokers: Which Is Better? by afam1(m): 9:14am On Apr 30, 2008
my name is AFAM i work with ASSET AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT COMPANY(ARM) OWNERS OF THE DISCOVERY FUND AND AGGRESSIVE GROWTH FUND.

FROM MY EXPERIENCE,I THINK A FUND MANAGER IS BETTER OFF.KINDLY FIND ATTACHED THIS DOCUMENTS IN SUPPORT OF MY ARGUEMENT.

for further information on how to get your own subscription form ,pls contact me on 08038673022

Re: Fund Managers Vs Stockbrokers: Which Is Better? by krama(m): 2:06am On Jun 07, 2008
Noted
Re: Fund Managers Vs Stockbrokers: Which Is Better? by kingdoug(m): 5:41pm On Jun 07, 2008
Buying stocks by yourself through your stockbroker is the best because all the
profit that comes out of it goes to your pocket and you only get to pay those
meager commissions that is not even up to 3% of the total buy or sell.

Nigeria's fund managers have a specified percentage for which whatever you
deposit with them increases, for example, ARM Discovery fund increases your
deposit with them by only 22.54% annually. But a research recently conducted
revealedthat the Nigerian stock market appreciates on an average of close to
100% annually.

You can see that these fund managers are eating fat on your investment.
If you invest yourself, you will bear all the risk your self and eat all the gain
but if you don't know how to do it yourself, you should get hooked to a reliable
stock analyst that will always tell you what to buy, hold and sell at anytime and so
even your stockbroker will not have a say in your investment decisions, he will only
be executing your mandates.

But if you must invest with fund managers, I will strongly recommend IBTC fund managers
to you because their annual returns is the highest in the country and they were awarded
for that. Just enquire about their Equity fund and Ethical fund.
Re: Fund Managers Vs Stockbrokers: Which Is Better? by dejiman1: 8:41pm On Jun 09, 2008
You mean Its so good to use a stock broker rather than asset management beccause of the RATIO. Please can we have all this websites posted on this thread?
Re: Fund Managers Vs Stockbrokers: Which Is Better? by Tospej: 4:12pm On Jan 21, 2010
Well, it all depend on your motive for investment, some prefer to monitor their investments themselves while some don't even have time or can not stand the mind of ups and downs movement of shares on the floor of the Stock Exchange.
Asset Managers are there to take risks for you, they manage your fund with a promise of an agreed returns or profit within a specified period.so u don't have to bother your brain about anything except for return on investment (R O I) for the agreed period.
Stock Brokers on the other hand,are there to buy and sell shares/stocks for you whether discretionary or non discretionary. Some investors prefer to watch their money grow in their own very eyes, receiving dividends at intervals and monitor their investment themselves.They are the risk takers.
Some investors even prefer to engage the service of CONSULTANTS who analyze and decide for them. Many brokers also engage in fund management Because its the same financial market where the fund managers and brokers patronize.

(1) (Reply)

Genexpayment.online / Naira4dollar: Best Crypto Currency Exchange Company In Nigeria! / How I Made My First Millions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.