Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways (1490 Views)

Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja / Exposed At Last: President Jonathan Behind Boko Haram Insurgency - Labaran Maku / Oshiomhole Government Is The Highest Employer Of Casual Workers In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by wills(m): 1:56pm On Apr 28, 2008
Some and I mean a few Nigerians can be unruly and some times conduct them self with out respect for them selves or others, but that’s a very minute few,  and I think each nation has its fair share of such types.

So don’t trade issues with anyone cursing, abusing and calling Nigeria or Nigerians a living hell.

To (almondjoy) scrub all you want you still a black, Nigerian woman!

Before you criticize Nigeria and Nigerians next, get the facts…

Read this

'A world of casual racism' exposed at BA

Senior BA pilot exposes shocking cockpit culture of Britain's flag carrier
Source the Daily Independent . UK

ABy Andy McSmith
Saturday, 26 April 2008

A senior British Airways pilot reveals today the startling levels of casual racism in the flagship UK company, which once famously claimed to be "the world's favourite airline".

Captain Doug Maughan, who has 28 years' flying experience, including 15 years with BA, says that derogatory remarks about race by his colleagues are so common they are treated as normal.

Mr Maughan, a serving pilot who captains BA aircraft to all parts of the world, has decided to go public with his complaints after struggling to persuade BA's management to take racism among its senior staff seriously. He has complained by email to BA's chief executive, Willie Walsh, but says no action was taken.

His allegations are an acute embarrassment for the airline which carries 36 million passengers a year; operates out of airports in every continent; and could plausibly claim to be one of Britain's most high-profile companies. The airline is already threatened with a boycott by Nigerians flying to and from the UK.
Mr Maughan alleges that racism is a "generational" problem – common among middle-aged pilots, but rare among younger pilots.

He lodged his first complaint after hearing a senior training captain use the word "coon" during a training session on a flight simulator – but says that no action was taken.

"There was the time when we set off for Los Angeles with a large party of Saudis on board, who had joined us at Heathrow direct from the VIP lounge," he added. "In the cruise, my captain suddenly embarked on an extraordinary rant about 'rag-heads'. He got the word out twice before I stopped him by explaining he was going to be short of a first officer for the return sector if he carried on."

Mr Maughan, who lives in Dunblane, Perthshire, was on another flight when a fellow flight officer complained that there were too many Asians in Britain. "The captain turned to me and said: 'I don't suppose there are many of them up your way.' I replied: 'Well, there's my wife.' After that, they had the decency to fall silent," he said.

He has also complained about abusive emails sent to him by a fellow pilot, who is English. One of the emails said: "Come separation, will all Jocks F. off to that Welfare State (paid for by English middle classes) Please say yes."

Mr Maughan, 53, is so exasperated by what he sees as BA management's refusal to tackle the problem that he is planning a protest at this year's annual shareholders' meeting. "It's what I'd call a canteen culture," he said. "It seems to be accepted that people are going to make racist remarks and get away with it. The phrase 'institutional racism' has been so over-used as to be almost worthless, but I have to say that racism is as prevalent now in BA as it was in the RAF 25 years ago.

"What is common among white flying crew in BA is the use of mildly derogatory, sometimes jokey, language about other races, mainly aimed at black and Asian groups. Because it's so common, it's hard to tackle: it's ,  the norm and rarely even noticed."

BA said: "All British Airways employees must adhere to our policies concerning dignity at work. Under these policies we encourage employees to report incidences of racism, sexism or any other behaviour that they deem offensive or inappropriate. Any reports of such behaviour are taken extremely seriously and investigated as a matter of priority. Captain Maughan has a duty as an employee to provide details of any alleged inappropriate behaviour direct to the airline."

Mr Maughan's revelations come as BA's treatment of Nigerian passengers threatens to have diplomatic repercussions. Robert Dewar, the British high commissioner to Nigeria, has been summoned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to be warned that Nigeria expects its citizens to be treated with "dignity". And a meeting between BA representatives and the director general of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority, Harold Demuren, broke up when Dr Demuren objected that BA had slighted him by sending junior managers.

Nigeria's President, Umaru Yar'Adua, has ordered an investigation into an incident at Heathrow in which 136 passengers were turned off a BA flight to Lagos. It developed as immigration officers and BA staff were trying to force a man who was being deported to stay on board against his will. The deportee, Augustine Eme, is a member of Massob, a banned organisation in Nigeria campaigning for independence for the region of Biafra.

A fellow passenger, Ayodeji Omotade, from Chatham, objected to Mr Eme's treatment and was arrested. Mr Omotade's arrest triggered more protests, until the BA captain ordered every passenger in economy class off the plane. BA has defended the decision to empty the aircraft saying that it was legally obliged to carry passengers such as Mr Eme. It said a large number of passengers on flight BA75 on 27 March became disruptive; that it was not possible to pinpoint which ones were involved; and that the police and crew agreed it could pose a safety risk to allow them to stay on board.

BA's other troubles

*TERMINAL 5

BA's biggest disaster in recent years was the botched opening of Heathrow Terminal 5 on 27 March. More than 500 flights were cancelled after a hi-tech baggage handlinge system malfunctioned. The fiasco cost the airline £16m, and, combined with rising oil prices, caused its share price to fall to its lowest level in four years. Chief executive Willie Walsh resisted calls for his resignation.

*Gate Gourmet

In August 2005, the catering firm Gate Gourmet, which wanted redundancies among its full-time staff, brought in 130 temporary staff to handle the holiday workload. The firm's 600 staff went out on unofficial strike, and were sacked. About 1,000 BA staff walked out in sympathy.As a result, 900 flights were grounded and BA lost £45m.

*The crucifix

BA was threatened with a boycott by protesting Christians, after Nadia Eweida, a check-in worker, was suspended for refusing to remove her crucifix at work.

Related Articles
Robert Fisk: It's easy to be snotty with an airline so haughty that it regards its own customers as an inconvenience
Leading article: Plane offensive
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by Blatant: 2:13pm On Apr 28, 2008
God bless you for bringing this story out

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/a-world-of-casual-racism-exposed-at-ba-815842.html

There are many Nigerians who believe that other Nigerians should be trampled upon by everyone else in the world. I pray such people get trampled upon and hopefully, they'll scream blue murder: they may have no one to support them by then
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by lucabrasi(m): 3:54pm On Apr 28, 2008
its not these people's fault,you ll discover most of them have no acess to going back to nigeria at all or some that do have not been back in like 15/20 years and have no plan of going back so they ll rather discourage you so everybody will remain with them abroad, we frankly dont need anyone or any group of people changing their minds because we are more than enough in nigeria to sort ourselves out,i just hope the people mouthing off will have the good sense to shut up now that they have seen the testimony from a ba pilot and a "white man"at least if they dont think anything of we fellow nigerians/blacks ,they will listen to a white man going by all we v read in the other threads, GOD bless my country nigeria
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by Kobojunkie: 5:55am On Apr 29, 2008
Trying to attack others for not holding the same views as you do already speaks volumes of you and the kind of person you are. That happens to be my main issue with people who come in here to debate and the next they start throwing insults. Mothers used to teach their kids to ignore rubbish. Do you really need to open a thread to insult her in return for not seeing things your way

Traveling back and forth to Nigeria has never been a problem for many Nigerians out here and majority of them have flown BA and to this day have no complaint. I just flew across country and back myself and and had no problem at all. Should I then say cause a few Nigerians who I believe are also are fault, say Jump, I should jump?? If you first understand that when you insult those who insult you, you lost the argument, then maybe you can understand how we can all be humans and see things differently. I have flown BA international with my Nigerian passport and yet to regret or be disturbed at all. How then can anyone conclude this is racism without solid evidence and information to back up such a claim?? One would think we as humans have come a long way, long enough to realize that there is a good way and a bad way to argue points. Going around throwing the word RACISM up in the air does not make for sense at all. Infact, it puts you in a place where people do all they can to avoid you and your biased way of seeing things and I will not be shocked if this comes back to bite us as it has with those who scream RACISM in america today.
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by EloSela(f): 11:21am On Apr 29, 2008
Lip service at it's best.

My view still stands on this.

Omotade had no right to interfere in a court ordered deportation order.

The majority of Nigerian passengers are rude and uncouth. They need to learn how to respect themselves first if they would like others to respect them.

The nerve of some of you to think that because an oyibo/journalist newspaper has come out in defence of some your views, every Nigerian is also going to follow suit stance.
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by lucabrasi(m): 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2008
@poster
pls any updates?thank GOD for some of these white people who are honest and have a conscience,im sure others will still come foward and show that these things run deep like they say, still waters run deep as for me i v just changed my ticket last week and i never felt happier
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by Kobojunkie: 3:48pm On Apr 29, 2008
Exactly @Elosela.
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by Blatant: 2:07pm On Apr 30, 2008
So, because majority of Nigerians are, in your opinion, rude every other Nigerian should be subjected to humiliation everywhere they go?

I hope and pray it gets to you or some of your close family/friends some day. You will remember that Nigerians are rude then.
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by lucabrasi(m): 3:27pm On Apr 30, 2008
Blatant:

So, because majority of Nigerians are, in your opinion, rude every other Nigerian should be subjected to humiliation everywhere they go?

I hope and pray it gets to you or some of your close family/friends some day. You will remember that Nigerians are rude then.

it doesnt even matter,there are more than enough patriotic nigerians to stand up and be counted, warms my cockles to see even nigerians in nigeria taking steps,the ministers taking steps and i love the way british airways dissrespected the minister by sending junior officials which has made the case more serious, if anyone is rude its b.a and most of these airlines
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by Jamco45: 3:44pm On Apr 30, 2008
EloSela:

Lip service at it's best.

My view still stands on this.

Omotade had no right to interfere in a court ordered deportation order.

The majority of Nigerian passengers are rude and uncouth. They need to learn how to respect themselves first if they would like others to respect them.

The nerve of some of you to think that because an oyibo/journalist newspaper has come out in defence of some your views, every Nigerian is also going to follow suit stance.

Your opinion is your opinion and you have the right to it but i just want to know if you have heard Omotade's side of the story. If not please check this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-130861.0.html
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by komekn(m): 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2008
Jumping to conclusions, has never been a sign of wisdom and there is always two sides to a story, I would expect that most well meaning Nigerians should give Mr Omotade, the benefit of the doubt, before aligning themselves to the position of the British establishment particularly the police.

This same police have been indicted in numerous public enquiries, Stephen Lawrence, etc for racist abuse and discrimination. Furthermore do you know how many claims for racial discrimination have been upheld in court against the British police? I do not, primarily because they always settle out of court.

I REST OH !!!
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by Kobojunkie: 7:03pm On Apr 30, 2008
Well, being haste to judgement would be what happened with this being plastered all over the place as a RACE issue from the get go. It is true that wisdom is the best way to go but are you trying to claim that crying RACISM is the wise thing to do here
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by redsun(m): 7:40pm On Apr 30, 2008
Anybody trying to deny white racism against other races in the west is just as well as denying reality,sickos,especially when the person is black.

Today at my work place,all english people were saying they are voting for british national party,a fascist party,for tomorrow local elections in england,a party that use to be for known english degenerates is the party that cooperate and suppose responsible people are going for now in the name of fear of invading immigrants,it is more more like voting for kkk in america.They hate change and they can't keep up with the pace of the changing world,

Racism is becoming worse and more pronounced and some black idiots are saying otherwise,i wonder the kind of world they live in.
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On Apr 30, 2008
redsun:

Anybody trying to deny white racism against other races in the west is just as well as denying reality,sickos,especially when the person is black.

Today at my work place,all english people were saying they are voting for british national party,a fascist party,for tomorrow local elections in england,a party that use to be for known english degenerates is the party that cooperate and suppose responsible people are going for now in the name of fear of invading immigrants,it is more more like voting for kkk in america.They hate change and they can't keep up with the pace of the changing world,

Racism is becoming worse and more pronounced and some black idiots are saying otherwise,i wonder the kind of world they live in.

For someone to claim that racism is a white only issue, makes me wonder if that person is so blinded by his own bitterness that he can not see past his own rants. Racisms exists everywhere you go. Even in Nigeria, in Ouagadougou, in thailand, in Saudi Arabia. Everywhere, it is not a white issue but a universal issue. Racism is the reason for the problem in darfur, trying to place the bulk of it on one race without realizing that in doing so, you yourself are an admitted racist is just as blind as one can get.

So even in a democracy, if the people vote for a group you do not like, they are automatically racists You just shot yourself in the foot. The reason it is called a democracy is so people can vote for whomever they choose. It may not always be right by you but it is their right to do so. Even here in America we have over 90% of black people planning to vote for a black man just cause they want to see someone like them in office. Do you think they are racists?? I am going to assume, you answer will be no and that is to be expected.

Racism is worse cause people like you continue to make it the main issue in your daily life and continue to harp on it instead of deciding to let those who can not seem to get over their issues with others go on while you move on to better and earn their respect instead of demanding it and imposing your own view on them expecting that it will all work out when all bow to your whims. We have Chinese, Asians and Indians who used to be seen by some as being worse than blacks now commanding more respect world wide. Not cause they decided to match daily against racists but cause they actually decided earning respect is the best way to go.
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by komekn(m): 9:21pm On Apr 30, 2008
The subject of this thread does have a racial connotation that does not mean that everybody in the UK is racist, just that it is both institutional as well as individualistic, which has been widely established, (Macpherson inquiry 1999 )

That doesn’t mean we don’t have our problems in Nigeria tribalism, nepotism, etc but that’s not subject for discussion at the moment.

Again Nigerians are largely well behaved and upright standing members of the communities they find themselves, for some Nigerians to have such a low opinion of his/her own people as expressed by some in this thread is most disheartening.

I choose to be optimistic and see the good as opposed to the bad.
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by redsun(m): 6:20am On May 01, 2008
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20080501/tuk-soldier-sues-over-race-abuse-6323e80.html

Another instance,it is very much alive and coming from white people
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by Kobojunkie: 6:24am On May 01, 2008
redsun:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20080501/tuk-soldier-sues-over-race-abuse-6323e80.html

Another instance,it is very much alive and coming from white people

But @Redsun, we do not need to have you post refrences on others to know racism is alive. We have you here and you are a racist. Proof enough that racism exists and is still alive today. Does pointing out that other races are racist mean excuse you from being called a racist??
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by redsun(m): 6:17pm On May 01, 2008
What is your own junkie?i hope you are just kobojunkie,not the hard stuff?We are talking about racism in the west,a suppose civilized world where the colour of one skin and prejudices should be on the side line,while people's individual qualities and characters should be paramount

Personally,i have no problem with people preferring their race to other races,but when it is detrimental to others in form of physical abuse and economic restrain,that is when it becomes dangerous and it should not accepted,especially in the so-called first worlds that is championing the campaign for the the freedom of the third world.

I don't find verbal or social racial abuse and discrimination particularly offensive,when somebody say something you don't like,either you ignore the person or you say something back and as well i prefer black clubs,black relevant social gatherings,black fashion while i don't mind a suitable white girlfriend every now and then.i personally think that white ladies are more open minded and down to earth than white men,black women that goes with whitemen may think other wise too.

I have a picture of me with a monkey frame on my phone and i do show it to white people,and yet some of them think that calling a blackman monkey is offensive,but i don't think so,i think a monkey is smarter and more adorable than a human who doesn't know what another human is,unless of course the suppose human is actually stupid like obasanjo and the rest of those sub-humans that are destroying africa.and most of the time they judge us with those miscreants.

I respect respect and i disrespect disrspect,skin colour or race not withstanding and sometimes i find it easier dealing with disrespect than respect,because i owe respect loyalty,while owe disrespect nothing but dismay.
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by redsun(m): 6:38pm On May 01, 2008
One of my greatest icon is Che,Che is a whiteman,i rate him like a rate men like Malcolm X and co
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On May 01, 2008
redsun:

What is your own junkie?i hope you are just kobojunkie,not the hard stuff?We are talking about racism in the west,a suppose civilized world where the colour of one skin and prejudices should be on the side line,while people's individual qualities and characters should be paramount

Ok…. So we should not talk of Africa where the color of skin and the tribe of individuals is also a HUGE problem. So big that a whole people of almost a billion suffer under the pressure of this to this daily?? It is always easy to look at the problems of others and pretend it is bigger and more than our own, isn’t it? Yes, suddenly the word “civilized” means all the many things you do not feel should be demanded of you; place the burden on others while you relax in your own pool of wickedness ?? Amazing!

Personally,i have no problem with people preferring their race to other races,but when it is detrimental to others in form of physical abuse and economic restrain,that is when it becomes dangerous and it should not accepted,especially in the so-called first worlds that is championing the campaign for the the freedom of the third world.

More detrimental than the economic restraint and the physical abuse that your own people bear at the hands of their own on a daily basis?? I know. It is always easier to look at the problems of others and pretend they are worse than ours even when reality continues to show otherwise, right?? It is always easier to hold others to a higher standard than we hold ourselves. We redefine everything to make it seem they are supposed to be better than us and it is ok that we continue to be plagued by our own wickedness.

I don't find verbal or social racial abuse and discrimination particularly offensive,when somebody say something you don't like,either you ignore the person or you say something back and as well i prefer black clubs,black relevant social gatherings,black fashion while i don't mind a suitable white girlfriend every now and then.i personally think that white ladies are more open minded and down to earth than white men,black women that goes with whitemen may think other wise too.

Well… by the way you feel entitled to judge and insult others, I would expect that you would be open to being judged the same way and I see you just as the racists you claim everyone else is. Only problem is, they are not here fuming in the mouth about how you did this and that to them. You are and to be honest, a bitter racists I find to be worse on the scale when it comes to racism.
It is always easier to easier for many to think that the only evil we have in africa are the many bad leaders we have had over and over but we fail to understand that they, these leaders, actually mirror the attitude and minds of the people over which they rule, 90% of the time. The worst of it is what goes on in houses, in back streets, in places of work etc.

I have a picture of me with a monkey frame on my phone and i do show it to white people,and yet some of them think that calling a blackman monkey is offensive,but i don't think so,i think a monkey is smarter and more adorable than a human who doesn't know what another human is,unless of course the suppose human is actually stupid like obasanjo and the rest of those sub-humans that are destroying africa.and most of the time they judge us with those miscreants.

I respect respect and i disrespect disrspect,skin colour or race not withstanding and sometimes i find it easier dealing with disrespect than respect,because i owe respect loyalty,while owe disrespect nothing but dismay.

I think your salvation starts the day you change the way you think. I am not sure if you have ever read a bible in your life but if you notice the message of God in there is that people renew their minds. Yoruba say “ ko koro to n je fo, ara efo lo wa”. You seem a classic case, and I believe redemption for you and your kind comes the way you realize that when you start respecting yourself and actually see yourself as not just a pile of crap, you will notice people around you, will learn to treat you better. You step out from right under that pile of low self esteem, you will actually realize that your life is worth more. You may then see past skin color and tones to see the good that exists in people no matter how distant or how bad at first.

I am sure and expect you to try to come back with excuses and what not. But I pray you invest that time instead in freeing yourself and your children or else you doom them to the same fate as you doom yourself in a beautiful world where everyone has learned we are free to mold our futures as we see fit.
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by sheniqua: 12:58am On May 02, 2008
like you folks have never called Jamaicans Jamo,Pakistanis Paki,Chinese chinks,African Americans Akata or whites oyibo.
Even amongst Nigerians the hatred of one tribe towards another is evident even here on nairaland.
Abeg!!

Anyone that starts a fracas on an aircraft should be thrown off.
Now people are boycotting BA,tomorrow it'll be Virgin.
By the time it's over,we'll be swimming the Rio Grande to Naija.
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by ADint(m): 2:27am On May 02, 2008
Racism does manifest itself in one form or the other across the globe.  This case in question is most definitely a case of racism.  The British authorities would not DARE deport an American, Russian or Japanese national in the same manner as they did this 'gentleman'.  I do not fly the racism flag - but where there is a clear case of racism, irrespective of nationality or colour, then lets call it racism.  If the 'stand up guy' had been a white French, German or Canadian national they surely would not have treated him/her with the same callous disdain.  Imagine a plane load of Americans flying back to the US from London with an American deportee on board protesting the same way - this would never have happenned. 

Stop and Think - The Nigerian Gov./Airline deporting a British national from Lagos in this same degrading fashion in the presence of over a hundred other British nationals, and then asking them all to disembark? IMPOSSIBLE!!
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by Kobojunkie: 3:05am On May 02, 2008
ADint:

Racism does manifest itself in one form or the other across the globe.  This case in question is most definitely a case of racism.  The British authorities would not [b]DARE deport an American, Russian or Japanese national in the same manner as they did this 'gentleman'.  I do not fly the racism flag - but where there is a clear case of racism, irrespective of nationality or colour, then lets call it racism. [/b]  If the 'stand up guy' had been a white French, German or Canadian national they surely would not have treated him/her with the same callous disdain.  Imagine a plane load of Americans flying back to the US from London with an American deportee on board protesting the same way - this would never have happenned. 

Stop and Think - The Nigerian Gov./Airline deporting a British national from Lagos in this same degrading fashion in the presence of over a hundred other British nationals, and then asking them all to disembark? IMPOSSIBLE!!

I am going to believe you are an intelligent  person and I would appreciate it if you would stop and think about what you really know of this case from the accounts of the "victim" here. In what way exactly would they not deport a person?? Does BA actually deport people or does the government of the land use BA as a carrier to deport people?? Who in this group BA or the policemen are actually guilty of Racism and how did you figure this one out?? Where is the evidence to support this being racist in any form?? Do you work into a store and accuse the clerk of being racist when she is rude to you and then come out crying of how YOU THINK she would never had done that if you were white?? Are you sure that is what RACISM is about?? Please give me the man's own word for your reason please. I done with what IF THIS AND THATS.
Re: 'a World Of Casual Racism' Exposed At British Airways by redsun(m): 1:24am On May 03, 2008
Kobojunkie,is there any where i mention in my write up that i am not comfortable with who i am or that i need any kind of earthly or heavenly salvation?Religion is the biggest racist tool that whiteman used to finish africa and the rest of the world that fell for it,telling you your windows to the world and that of your ancestors are unworthy,while theirs is the light.A total loss of the fundamentals,a total loss of way of life and meanings.

Loss of language,loss of name,loss of identity and in place of it is total confusion like we have today,we have to have whiteman's approval before we think we are worthwhile,we live their life,copy their culture,we see the world in their eyes at the expense of ours.

The only thing that can free the world from the scourge of racism is economic and social freedom for all,we seems to care about what whiteman says or does because we are caught in their world,people should try to salvage their world and stop using whiteman as a yard stick because they too are just in the race blindly,under probability,championing the course of world destruction,the more we tend to be civilize,the more we take mankind to the limit and right now,we are at the peak.

I am not in the realm of being bothered with racism,my only boundage now is living in europe ,i want to be free of the the entanglement of dependency and chart my world ,my first move in africa will be changing my name to pure african names,i wonder why my father fell for the gimmick of giving english names.names of all those english ruthless kings,edward,williams,andrew,james are the names we prefer,when you tell a whiteman your name is edward or williams,he will just be looking at you,bearing a name you don't understand,it is like a whiteman telling you his name is seun or okoro.

(1) (Reply)

Saraki Dumped - Pdp Governors Root For Jonathan / Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again / Boko Haram And The Disintegration Prediction Of American Intelligence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.