Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) (14954 Views)

Letter To Airtel Nigeria / Solutions To Airtel Bb Plans On Android Devices. SOS! / Zain Nigeria To Change Name To 'Airtel' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) by mjay(m): 4:59pm On May 28, 2013
My experience has been less than desirable. It started on Thursday the 23rd around 5.45pm When I went to port my line from MTN to Airtel, I was told it will take 48hrs, but less than two hours later, I received a text to replace my sim to put the airtel sim in the phone. By Monday the sim was yet to work. Finally after so much stress, the sim could call but could not receive, I then proceeded to load credits to buy data bundle after which I have 1gig of data and more than N400, However in rectify the issue, ALL MY DATA BUNDLE AND MONEY WAS WIPED OFF by Airtel. Right now I can receive and make calls but all my credit and data are yet to be returned. I have reported the case again I don't know whether they will be able to return it. THAT IS MY PORTING STORY. Is it just me?, or are there similar stories? Please SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Re: My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) by Madawaki01(m): 5:23pm On May 28, 2013
No b only portin,those telecommunication companies ar real thieves,deductin pple's moni 4 no reason
Re: My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 28, 2013
mjay: My experience has been less than desirable. It started on Thursday the 23rd around 5.45pm When I went to port my line from MTN to Airtel, I was told it will take 48hrs, but less than two hours later, I received a text to replace my sim to put the airtel sim in the phone. By Monday the sim was yet to work. Finally after so much stress, the sim could call but could not receive, I then proceeded to load credits to buy data bundle after which I have 1gig of data and more than N400, However in rectify the issue, ALL MY DATA BUNDLE AND MONEY WAS WIPED OFF by Airtel. Right now I can receive and make calls but all my credit and data are yet to be returned. I have reported the case again I don't know whether they will be able to return it. THAT IS MY PORTING STORY. Is it just me?, or are there similar stories? Please SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE.
aitel na thief. they always steal your money one way or the other. the problem is with airtel not the porting. i loaded 1000 on my phone last week and i dropped the sim only to check it yesterday and found 120, they stole 880 and i didnt make any call or subscribe to anything. their cc is also bad angry
Re: My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) by Francheezy(m): 5:48pm On May 28, 2013
na tru airtel dey steal faya...ii had one sim wit 600 dere ..d lst tym i chkd it was remainin 220
.am sure if i chk naw it wld b 0.45kobo

1 Like

Re: My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) by overdrive(m): 6:23pm On May 28, 2013
Sorry u need not hv ported rather spend #150 for airtel line wld hv saved u money and headache.

1 Like

Re: My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) by honsule(m): 6:49pm On May 28, 2013
Francheezy: na tru airtel dey steal faya...ii had one sim wit 600 dere ..d lst tym i chkd it was remainin 220
.am sure if i chk naw it wld b 0.45kobo

LOL cheesy cheesy cheesy O.45KOBO Try to check the sim to confirm

1 Like

Re: My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) by abrahym(m): 6:55pm On May 28, 2013
this airtel guys na real thief. They deducted 1,500 from my account without any reason.....na thunder go fire them....money wey person hard earn

1 Like

Re: My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) by purpinkx(m): 8:11am On May 29, 2013
Airtel ? Thief ? Check your sim well i'v been using airtel for a year now ... And i can categoricaly say they're the bestest

1 Like

Re: My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) by naamy: 8:21am On May 29, 2013
Mtn unlimited stil blazin high.(08038518464)..and also i got 13sims already activite with oldest method 4 sale...

1 Like

Re: My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) by 4peace(m): 8:38am On May 29, 2013
mjay: My experience has been less than desirable. It started on Thursday the 23rd around 5.45pm When I went to port my line from MTN to Airtel, I was told it will take 48hrs, but less than two hours later, I received a text to replace my sim to put the airtel sim in the phone. By Monday the sim was yet to work. Finally after so much stress, the sim could call but could not receive, I then proceeded to load credits to buy data bundle after which I have 1gig of data and more than N400, However in rectify the issue, ALL MY DATA BUNDLE AND MONEY WAS WIPED OFF by Airtel. Right now I can receive and make calls but all my credit and data are yet to be returned. I have reported the case again I don't know whether they will be able to return it. THAT IS MY PORTING STORY. Is it just me?, or are there similar stories? Please SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE.

if what you are saying was true not paid and genuine,go to any of their customer care center and file your complaint there

they will surely attend to you.

i remembered borrowed #500 from them and they refuse to deduct the money for more than a month during which i still borrowed and paid back.

Thinking i don chop them but one day i loaded 500 and the money disappeared,menh no be small thing cos of urgent call i want to made then.
After series of call 111 spoke with difference agent with low IQ,i went to their CCC dey rake,after going their for 3 days they provide me my activity log, lolz grin i no fit talk when i saw it that error which to them was as a result of system error.

So yours may be due to system error from their side this time around.
Re: My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) by abrahym(m): 8:40am On May 29, 2013
[quote author=purpinkx]Airtel ? Thief ? Check your sim well i'v been using airtel for a year now ... And i can categoricaly say they're the bestest[/quote
i hope they wont do same to thing u one day one. by the way am not the type who buy 100 naira rechaege card. just telling u my experience with this group of thieves call airtel

1 Like

Re: My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) by mjay(m): 10:12am On May 29, 2013
Anyone who thinks am lying must be on crack, I just ported my line and the welcome pack they gave me was a harrowing experience. The attention I got to rectify whatever was even using those I know who are insiders, their CC kept repeating the same thing, asking me to call back cos the system they need to check my issues was down.

As I write this my hard earned money and data is yet to be returned. What kind of network welcomes new customer that way? I cant wait to port out after 90 days, am eagerly counting the days, thank God it is not a permanent thing. FYI I did my due diligence before choosing airtel as a porting destination, so far it looks like a wrong step and a wrong choice, though am still patient.
Re: My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) by naamy: 2:23pm On May 29, 2013
Mtn unlimited stil blazin high.(08038518464)..and also i got 13sims already activite with oldest method 4 sale.
Re: My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) by mjay(m): 7:10pm On May 30, 2013
GUESS WHAT My credit and data was finally restored, thanks to inside connection. So what has your experience being?
Re: My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) by Kingbilo(m): 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2013
mjay: GUESS WHAT My credit and data was finally restored, thanks to inside connection. So what has youjr experience being?

Brother Abeg if ur connection can help me I'd be really grateful. Been struggling with exactly the same issue for almost a week. Only God knows the amount of important calls I've missed. I'm almost losing it here.
Re: My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) by ebot64(m): 6:21pm On Oct 12, 2013
I went to airtel office yesterday and ported my etisalat line to airtel. After receiving the "porting" confirmation sms that says "swap to the new operator SIM", I loaded #2000 in a bid to activate my BIS. Both SMS and USSD code methods of airtel BIS subscription failed with some error messages. I also noticed that I cannot recieve calls through the line but can make calls. I have called CC and he said its a general problem they are working on. What a porting experiience!!!!! I so hope they resolve this soon.
Re: My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) by Kingbilo(m): 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
ebot64: I went to airtel office yesterday and ported my etisalat line to airtel. After receiving the "porting" confirmation sms that says "swap to the new operator SIM", I loaded #2000 in a bid to activate my BIS. Both SMS and USSD code methods of airtel BIS subscription failed with some error messages. I also noticed that I cannot recieve calls through the line but can make calls. I have called CC and he said its a general problem they are working on. What a porting experiience!!!!! I so hope they resolve this soon.
Boss how far? Have they fixed it?
Re: My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) by Idrismusty97(m): 11:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
naamy: Mtn unlimited stil blazin high.(08038518464)..and also i got 13sims already activite with oldest method 4 sale...
If you won't giv it for free.take this!
………………..,/ ¯../
………………./ …./
…………./´¯/ ’…’/ ´¯ ¯`•¸
………./’/…/…./ ……./- \
……. (‘(…´… ´…. .~/…’)
………\……………. .’….. /
……….\……….. .... _.•´
…………\…………. .(
…………..\……… ….\

1 Like

Re: My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) by Idrismusty97(m): 11:10pm On Oct 18, 2013
Behind all this so call experience.Airtel is the best.It cant be compare with the theifness(mtn made me form this word)of MTN.
Re: My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) by Julibet: 8:41pm On Aug 11, 2021
I ported my mtn to Airtel yesterday and I really regret. Airtel is the oga pata pata of the worst.

1 Like

Re: My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) by Flytime: 9:39pm On Aug 13, 2021
Julibet:
I ported my mtn to Airtel yesterday and I really regret. Airtel is the oga pata pata of the worst.
although all of them are useless mtn is still the best for now
Glo network is too useless for you to consider their bonus so they're second

(1) (Reply)

Symbian Phones And Operamini Clinic / Twitter Is Down / Airtel Free Megabyte

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.