Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,222 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:40 PM

Should I Tell Him? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Tell Him? (1427 Views)

My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell / How Do I Tell Him That The Woman He Married Is A Marine Spirit? / Caught A Fellow Nigerian Woman Cheating On Her Husband . Can I Tell Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Tell Him? by GodsSon5(m): 11:08pm On May 28, 2013
sometime ago i was short of cash so i went to this neighbor of mine to borrow but after narrating my predicament to him, he brought out the money and showed me then he told me he wont give it to me bc i insulted him one day (which i ve forgotten) in public. But recently i started noticing him trying to toast a girl whom was tested HIV positive in the lab where i work. Now, should i tell him or allow him??
Re: Should I Tell Him? by biolabee(m): 12:18am On May 29, 2013
If it was your brother will you tell

Could this not be a breach of professional practice and will it further compound the lady's stigma

You can ask him to know the extent of feelings about the Girl.if he likes the girl you can observe further and tell her to let him know but that is not. Your decision ti make

Forget about the money issue

Gods-Son:

sometime ago i was short of cash so i went to this neighbor of mine to borrow but after narrating my predicament to him, he brought out the money and showed me then he told me he wont give it to me bc i insulted him one day (which i ve forgotten) in public. But recently i started noticing him trying to toast a girl whom was tested HIV positive in the lab where i work. Now, should i tell him or allow him??

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell Him? by GodsSon5(m): 12:47am On May 29, 2013
biolabee: If it was your brother will you tell

Could this not be a breach of professional practice and will it further compound the lady's stigma

You can ask him to know the extent of feelings about the Girl.if he likes the girl you can observe further and tell her to let him know but that is not. Your decision ti make

Forget about the money issue

Well said...
Re: Should I Tell Him? by Handsomeemmy(m): 8:09am On May 29, 2013
It is kind of complicated ooo, you can playfully tell him that he should be mindful of the type of ladies he ask out so that he will not contact HIV, but i don't he will adhere.
Re: Should I Tell Him? by taryour(f): 8:53am On May 29, 2013
Gods-Son:

There is no point telling him cause he wunt believe you at all, the man definatey dosnt like u one bit. For him to bring out cash dt u realy needed and show you to your face and yet not give you because of a past offence shows you the kind of person he is.
For the sake of the lady don't tell,she has a right to live and also enjoy life has everyother human being not minding her hiv status. If the man is wise and responsible and wants her for real,he will be patient enought. For the lady to realize his tru intentions and tell him her status by herself.
BTW I don't expect them to have intimacy without the use of a condom else the man is a fool and he is doomed big time...
Re: Should I Tell Him? by coogar: 10:07am On May 29, 2013
i am quite evil, i won't tell him.....i would also probably egg him on to meet his waterloo.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell Him? by taryour(f): 10:16am On May 29, 2013
coogar: i am quite evil, i won't tell him.....i would also probably egg him on to meet his waterloo.

Seriously tell me you are joking
Re: Should I Tell Him? by greatgod2012(f): 10:22am On May 29, 2013
coogar: i am quite evil, i won't tell him.....i would also probably egg him on to meet his waterloo.

chai! Coogar, may God help you o.
Thats unforgiveness now.

@op, forgive him, make him a friend, along the line, try and educate him on the risks or dangers involved in having unprotected intimacy with anyone.
Never reveal the status of that lady, that is a breach of professinal ethics/secrecy. You, as an employee/a person should be able to keep a secret secret.
Morever, the lady deserves to be loved as every other lady/human being, regardless of her status.
May God help us all.
Re: Should I Tell Him? by Mamaflex(f): 11:05am On May 29, 2013
Do not tel d guy abt d lady's status. I will advice u to bring up a topic wit him as a form of discussion related to HIV/AIDS. When u see dat d guy is into d discussion,then u wil ADVICE him to take his future girlfriend along wit himself to a clinic for HIV test. And dat, people do it( d test) every hour( cos i guess he knows where u work already). And its advisable for him to do same. And alsi, he shud never ever have sexx wit any girl witout condom. HIV/AIDS is real.
Re: Should I Tell Him? by Daresh(f): 11:19am On May 29, 2013
Why should you tell him? Ol boi bone the matter, an last to do dey sweet pass" lol" tongue
Re: Should I Tell Him? by coogar: 11:35am On May 29, 2013
taryour:
Seriously tell me you are joking

joking ke? i needed help, he made me know he was in a position to help but he would not. an eye for an eye.....

greatgod2012:
chai! Coogar, may God help you o.
Thats unforgiveness now.

abeg, this dude is wicked - i would continue to psyche him up to take the girl to bed ASAP. it's up to him to use protection or not.

i might even go further to egg him on to make babies with the chic cos the chic has got good genes

i have never been nice to people who aren't nice to me and this is probably why i am still alive.

Daresh: Why should you tell him? Ol boi bone the matter, an last to do dey sweet pass" lol" tongue

you are a gem!
is too nice - she would probably make a delicious soup for a robber that once robbed her aeons ago at gun point!
Re: Should I Tell Him? by Nobody: 11:45am On May 29, 2013
Dont let your personal life affect your professional life,bottomline,MIND YOUR BUISNESS.whatever happens between whatever they contact from each other is their cross to carry.what is your problem if he contacts hiv.will it add to your salary or reduce it

as for the money,forget it
Re: Should I Tell Him? by freecocoa(f): 1:04pm On May 29, 2013
Aren't you supposed to be professional?
What's your business with whom he decides to date?
Re: Should I Tell Him? by bebe2(f): 1:23pm On May 29, 2013
does ur company not have confidentiality rules?

HIV has enuf publicity for pple to be aware of where they stick their thing, if by now he still doesnt know he has tp protect himsef, then i think he deserves anything he gets.

if u save him from this one will u be following him around to test all the girls he will sleep wit in the future??
Re: Should I Tell Him? by oyinmama(f): 1:52pm On May 29, 2013
@ op, you do not have the right to reveal her HIV status to anyone. Btw, do you know his own status?
Re: Should I Tell Him? by causewahala: 2:39pm On May 29, 2013
@ OP: U don't have the right to reveal her HIV status. . . so says the law!

What if she eventually passes it on to the man and they split, the man discovers and decides to unleash hell on any babe that comes his way

I think the law should be reviewed! Everyone should know the status of everyone! grin

To reduce/eradicate stigmatization, more sensitizing programmes should be embarked upon!

OP, can't help u, sorry!
Re: Should I Tell Him? by degurl(f): 3:42pm On May 29, 2013
I'm certain that the op is not a Medical Lab Scientist. If you are, the oath you swore during your induction forbids you from revealing a priviledged information. #nuffsaid.
Re: Should I Tell Him? by baby124: 3:50pm On May 29, 2013
Advice him to get her tested before attempting anything se*xual. And tell him that you are not allowed to tell him why due to professional reasons, but it is very important that the both of them get tested.
Re: Should I Tell Him? by Nobody: 7:34am On May 30, 2013
This is a complicated issue. Telling him has many sides,he might not believed you,and still tell the lady you told him,you can imagine the rippling effect to your job.

Not telling means when you had the opportunity to save a soul,and help to curb the spread of the disease,you didn't.

To most of you there,won't you tell him,if the guy were to be your brother?forget policy.
Re: Should I Tell Him? by vanitty: 8:04am On May 30, 2013
Tell him what exactly?
Didn't you sign a confidentiality clause where you work?
Na wa for Nigeria o

(1) (Reply)

Man In Port Harcourt Divorces Wife Over Pregnancy Scam And Occult Practices / How Pastor Lost Entire Family In One Night / When Someone Asks Me "What State Are You From"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.