Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Where Are You Fulaman? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Are You Fulaman? (1383 Views)

Fulaman Come In Here You Nomad / Fulaman lord of the Bantus come here / Fulaman Get In Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are You Fulaman? by Nobody: 10:22am On May 29, 2013
On your west Africa/sahelo-fulani trip?

Come back sir
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:24am On May 29, 2013
yeahh wow I was just remembering him the other day! He just disappeared! shocked
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by Nobody: 10:27am On May 29, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
yeahh wow I was just remembering him the other day! He just disappeared! shocked
yeah, I was thinking about him too, and the last thread about Fulani influence in Africa made me open that thread....

Hmmm I investigated Nl a little bit , and I saw Tpia calling him Cameroonian/non Nigerian a lot of Time, it is true that he's French is very good for a Nigerian.
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:28am On May 29, 2013
yes I think he is your countryman too. very decent guy and has a lot of respect for our African religions and culture.
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:29am On May 29, 2013
leave Tpia@. he called me Tuareg once. tongue
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by Nobody: 10:33am On May 29, 2013
You mean "she"
I think the dude has one parent Nigerian and the other Cameroonian and he probably grew up in both countries.

Because he speak/write very good French but doesn't know much about Cameroon like he does about Nigeria, but to b honest I think he's Nigerian tho he once told me that he despises nigerian. I mean he will never take a Nigerian girl for wife too westernized...and that he will prefer a Cameroonian one or others fulani. Maybe he's one of those Fulani who dont know their country and have no loyalty
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:36am On May 29, 2013
^yeahh srry tpia@ is she.

possible. He told me he wants to marry a Mbororo (Woodabe girl) from the Gerhewol. and I agree with him. Mbororo girls are extremely pretty.

you know whats a Gerhewol yes?

actually these village Fulani are very lucky (both men and women). They have a lot of sexu.ual freedom from the age of 17 or so.

They just have to that strange dance and they get their partner and do it in the bush. (without marriage). and its legal in their Pulaagu law.

[img]http://3.bp..com/_bKAR0Ix1ZGo/SfAHCbF7kQI/AAAAAAAAAG4/0D2a6dBt2o4/s400/CPW+-+Niger+-+Wodaabe+gerewol+sandstorm.jpg[/img]
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by Nobody: 11:39am On May 29, 2013
No tell me more what's Gerhewol?
Sounds interesting
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by tpia5: 11:57am On May 29, 2013
I dont remember fulaman ever calling himself nigerian.

I assume he's from one of the other west african countries with a fulani population- he was trying to build a fulani unification group or something like that.

Besides, the way a fulani talks and interacts is different from what i'm seeing with some alledged fulanis here, who sound more like southerners yet they wont admit to not knowing much about fulani besides what they learn from google.
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 29, 2013
Fulaman198: and other foreigners.....

We must treat our own people as well instead of bowing down to foreigners and trying to copy them. Our country, Nigeria, is the biggest offender of lacking originality and being traditional. Many people look down upon tradition as if it is some kind of a plague, do you really want your children and your childrens' children to wear a Western mask and be Westernized? Ask yourself...

Many of you probably don't care, this is why I can't marry a Nigerian woman, even if I am Nigerian. I just can't have a wife goading my future children to become Westernized and White washed. It is not going to happen. I won't allow my future children to speak English better than their native tongue(s), and I won't have them frowning upon African tradition(s) as if it is some plague.

BTW, to all the Coconuts, coconut thread is that way >>>>>>>>>>>

A lot more , I think he said he is mborroro that's in both Adamawa
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 29, 2013
However I came across of one of his posts he was talking to you about being 3rd generation mborroro, I don't know what he meant and I'm too lazy to look for that post
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by tpia5: 12:19pm On May 29, 2013
Oh,ok, i must have missed that post.

He sounds like a southerner however, not sure why he considers himself mbororo which is rural fulani.

He is obviously from the town.

I'll go through his posts sometime and see what gave me the impression he's not nigerian.
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 29, 2013
What he meant by 3rd generation is the key , and Yeaa his French is too good or perfect for someone who grew up in a remote village anyway
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:31pm On May 29, 2013
he posted a pic of himself I think. He said he wants to become Mbororo. He doesnt like being city FUlani. something like that.
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by tpia5: 12:47pm On May 29, 2013
In any case, nl nigerian is different from actual nigerian.
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:31pm On May 29, 2013
^not always.
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:32pm On May 29, 2013
nl Nigerians are much more truthful about their true inner feelings, than ofl Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by tpia5: 3:54pm On May 29, 2013
I dont mean off or online nigerians, but nl nigerian as different from people who actually are nigerian.
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 29, 2013
^^ how so?
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by tpia5: 9:31pm On May 29, 2013
meaning some non-nigerians claim to be nigerian on nl.
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 29, 2013
I got you, I'm asking how do you know? And why will they do that?
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:59pm On May 29, 2013
yes tpia@. what do you think are the reasons?
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by tpia5: 2:38am On May 30, 2013
I wouldnt be expected to know what their reasons are?
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by Fulaman198(m): 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
Tpia doesn't make sense. I am Nigerian. If anything, there are several Fulani that speak and write good English including Mbororo like myself. I don't know why people always think Fulani are uneducated and stupid. I am from Mayo Belwa in Adamawa state.

That said my friends, I am flattered that you made a topic about me. The reason I have not been on is due to work.
Re: Where Are You Fulaman? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 11, 2013
Where did you learn french?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ekong Initiation Rites Of Ibiono Ibom Akwaibom State By Deezia / Please Donate Proverbs / Ooni On Royal And Peaceful Tour To Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.