Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

................ - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / ................ (31499 Views)

Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff / Was Successful In The Owerri Diamond Bank Aptitude Test. / New Announcement: Nigerian Navy Recruiting (ssce, Nce, Ond, Staff Nurses: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ................ by Gboliwe: 7:21pm On May 29, 2013
sharubutu: When I left the banking industry for a less paying federal job a year ago, some of my close relations and friends thought I was mad. Now, did I make any mistake?
my brother, you applied wisdom there. I will leave my present job that pays better than fg job 4 a fg job the first opportunity I get. There, I will have job security and less headache
Re: ................ by phillip001(m): 7:25pm On May 29, 2013
9JA mistake, our IQ is low.would you rather work in a bank for few years and sacked or start your own biz and build your life.
trying to be perfect in English language will not get you out of poverty. be gravity my people.
Re: ................ by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:27pm On May 29, 2013
Nellyd: ...and i just got a banking job...may God help me.
Guuuuuuuuuuud!
1st thing u need 2 do honey, is try 2 locate d vault's keys, are u following? grin
Re: ................ by tjay01(m): 7:27pm On May 29, 2013
madam_oringo: Diamond Bank deserves to collapse! This is a bank led by corrupt and very poor managers whom I understand are majorly from the East. These thieves stole all the money in the account of their customers, especially folks who don't live in Nigeria. They only tell you to write a letter to customer service. Good thing is I have better banks, in and outside Nigeria. If patronage could decline to 0% for them in the next 1 year, it would be more than enough payback for this gang of looters!
I think people should always endeavour to get their facts right b4 making any post. Diamond bank has over 3000 staff nationwide including myself and I can tell u categorically that what the op said is not true. Infact there is large scale recruitment going on because of the new branches being built.

1 Like

Re: ................ by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 29, 2013
After all the plenty GMAT...I reject it! They had better not sue and start looking for something to do with their money, that is if the fake life they live hasn't eroded everything.
Re: ................ by obailala(m): 7:32pm On May 29, 2013
successking: That's Sanusi Lamido Sanusi's policy in a bid to retain the value Naira and maintain inflation at one digit figure.

Until he is fired, many people will still lose their jobs.

Oh yes, as usual, blame it on Sanusi! but I would rather have thousands of bankers losing jobs than millions of depositors losing funds
Re: ................ by paljay: 7:39pm On May 29, 2013
WHY THEM GO GO QUARREL FO PERSON WORK NA..MAKE THEM TRY SET UP THEIR OWN COMPANY OR EVEN BANK LOL
Re: ................ by JimmyBoy1: 8:02pm On May 29, 2013
2000 workers at once? that is certainly not true.

1 Like

Re: ................ by omajali2003(m): 8:13pm On May 29, 2013
Lord help them and their families through this trying hour. This isn't fun
Re: ................ by Tinyemeka(m): 8:15pm On May 29, 2013
gistyinka: In early May, over 147 staff were sacked from Ecobank after they’re tagged as non-performing workers.

In another development, Diamond bank have fired 2000 staff over low patronage.

2000 staff out of how many in their entire workforce. Where did you come about that figure?
Re: ................ by Zector(m): 8:24pm On May 29, 2013
it is not a good story for my friend's wife bcs she happened to be one of the victim.
Last year december the husband was sacked from his company due to economy situation of the country.
Now wife that is taking care of the house responbilities is now at home with husband.
Tell me wat is happening to Nigeria economy.
God please save us

1 Like

Re: ................ by victorv12(m): 8:39pm On May 29, 2013
The recession in Nigeria is real!!
Re: ................ by BrutusOj(m): 8:40pm On May 29, 2013
Wiz-Prince:
Bank Sack People, You Dey Blaim GEJ... Wetin happen sef? Na GEJ Cause am? Make him rest small na
I tire oo..I swear GEJ is a strong man if not him for don die wit naija mouth...haba, pesin wife no do him well for bed,dm go shout GEJ...
Re: ................ by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 29, 2013
Non Farm Payrol: self epmloyment still remains the best option, get a skill today

Some people dont want to hear this. They want to wear bow tie.

1 Like

Re: ................ by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 29, 2013
sholay2011:
I knew this thread would still result to this short-sighted statement from a small mind. And who are those that would be the employees if everyone is an employer? And mind you, not everyone is cut out for entrepreneurship. And when you make profit from your business, do you keep it in your house? And when you get to the bank, does the GM attend to you? I am not an employee (yet grin) but your statement reeks of ignorance sir.

You are the real ignorant person. A little self employed MD is more secure than a bank manager. Coming from a 5yr ex-banker.

2 Likes

Re: ................ by tellwisdom: 8:53pm On May 29, 2013
Do people still work in the bank?..most people i meet inside and outside the banks are security men and computers...where dem see 2000people?? sad
Re: ................ by 735i(m): 8:53pm On May 29, 2013
Obviously the OP failed Diamond Bank's test woefully that why "it" came up with this type of story.

DB didn't sack 2000 staff as the OP claims.

2 Likes

Re: ................ by otokx(m): 8:56pm On May 29, 2013
This story looks fake
Re: ................ by ol2012: 8:58pm On May 29, 2013
It seems NL MODs don't even bother 2 confirm d authenticity of some stories b4 bringing 2 FP. Gistyinka, wetin DB do U nau? Dis is really not fair on d bank
Re: ................ by goodson(m): 9:02pm On May 29, 2013
the total staff strenghth of diamond bank is about 2900. the people who were laid of from the bank is only but 70 contract staff employed through a vendor.the contract staff were only returned to their employer.

@op if na 2000 staff dat means no body go do the work na...get the fact right before u post..
Re: ................ by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 29, 2013
Wiz-Prince:
Bank Sack People, You Dey Blaim GEJ... Wetin happen sef? Na GEJ Cause am? Make him rest small na
I am sure their being sacked has something to do with Nigeria and GEJ is the president of Nigeria...thou shall not deceive thy self.
Re: ................ by OCcool: 9:16pm On May 29, 2013
Itoroetti :

Ebamma,try and get what dis dude is trying to say.handwork is what we all need.handwork is what we should all inculcate in our kids or future kids as the case maybe.let's take a cue from china,japan,etc.
try and also get what ebamma is saying. Inasmuch as learning a skill or handwork is worthwhile considering the unemployment rate in the country, the big question is at the end of the day, is it not the bank you will take earnings to or are you going to keep it under ur mattress?
Re: ................ by OCcool: 9:20pm On May 29, 2013
nicago:

Nelly, my candid advice is that you should try as much as posible not to increase your lifestyle, then save like no man's business. If you are a contract staff, the pay might be small but if you are a full staff, pls and pls, save till you have enough to set up something for yourself. I'm sure you can save about 2m within a year. The bank job is an opportunity for you to raise enough capital for your future endeavors/plans.

I hope you listen.
well said bro
Re: ................ by mrkels(m): 9:24pm On May 29, 2013
op nor get sense , how many staffs are in diamond bank all together ? are you high or you are just incredible stupid i work in diamond bank and i can bodly say that there have not been any major sack of workers in the past 11 months or more.

Op use common sense , if you remove 2000 workers from the current workforce in diamond bank then we ll be left with just a few at the head office , who would then man the other branches accross nigeria?

1 Like

Re: ................ by ReLaTE(m): 10:01pm On May 29, 2013
olymurphy: Last
two years Ecobank (Onitsha branch) retrenched about 300 bankers and
since then my married neighbour who used to work in that bank has been
doing okada business. a graduate for that matter.
may be he was a security in d bank.u mean he didn't save anything during his work wt the bank by ending up as an okada rider.
Re: ................ by viktuur(m): 10:29pm On May 29, 2013
We cant eat our cake and have it, dont forget most of the banks are doing better profits wise, but the truth is they are cutting costs BECAUSE CBN is hacking them in all ways: Not more ATM charges, Not more bank charges,I dont mind the charges so far it benefits some people at least!!!
Re: ................ by dominiceze: 10:34pm On May 29, 2013
@OP this is a big lie,its so unfair for you to tarnish d image of this bank by ur fallacious posts, i cant believe some peepz wia so gullible to believe this crap, Diamond Bank z currently recruiting nationwide and i think the OP failed the test woefully thats why he came out here to blast them, Diamond Bank is a very strong financial institution far better than most of the banks around.
Re: ................ by mrvictor: 10:38pm On May 29, 2013
This is just but a reflection of how much Mallam Sanusi has messed up the banking industry. Expect more!
Re: ................ by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 29, 2013
u see life, bankers leave above their means, the one in my house works with firstbank and will blow generator to disturb our sleep through out the night, instead of saving for the raining day. anyway sorry for those that loose their job.
Re: ................ by bizzlemie(m): 10:43pm On May 29, 2013
So some1 comes from nowhere and puts up a post about a bank laying off 2,000 workers without any proof or facts(e.g the date/time period they were laid off), and some people are quick to believe?

Tomorrow another "bad belle" will put up a post saying "Dangote Cement Sacks 1 million Workers", then some people will start displaying their high level of gullibility.....

Beats me how posts like these make the frontpage.
Re: ................ by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 29, 2013
ebamma 3: and after making money from the phone repairs u will take it to the bank for saving right?
i think u do not get his message.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My First Major Job Interview In Germany (true Life Story) / How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job / Samsung Heavy Industry Calling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.