Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,836 members, 7,828,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

................ - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / ................ (31512 Views)

Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff / Was Successful In The Owerri Diamond Bank Aptitude Test. / New Announcement: Nigerian Navy Recruiting (ssce, Nce, Ond, Staff Nurses: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ................ by Darlo22(m): 10:59pm On May 29, 2013
@poster, I work in Diamond Bank and nobody was sacked.stop spreading false news.Please write a rejoinder and next time getyour facts right.

1 Like

Re: ................ by phemybof(m): 11:12pm On May 29, 2013
Keziehenry:
was GEJ d one dat sacked dem
yes,we ar feelin hungry and he was savin our money into foreign reserv: thereby reduc money in economy,wich leads to low savin into bank,it reduc numba of patronag. Okonjo iweala did nt do ECONOMICS in schls atall [color=#990000][/color]

Re: ................ by Revolva(m): 12:50am On May 30, 2013
na wa oo Diamond bank and ecobank.....damm wahala dey this our country oo..imagine you go school finish after all the sufferation and you luckily get a job and give testimony for church or mosque...one day dem Fiyyya you to no where without nothing...imagin a nation ..infact i dont advise any youth to go thru the gar damm university anymore...find business do or learn work...its berra anyday anytime
Re: ................ by Tinyemeka(m): 4:16am On May 30, 2013
I strongly believe that the OP spouted off that bogus figure to create traffic to his site.

Shameful.

@ Gistyinka, where did you come about this news?

2 Likes

Re: ................ by Nobody: 5:27am On May 30, 2013
madam_oringo: Diamond Bank deserves to collapse! This is a bank led by corrupt and very poor managers whom I understand are majorly from the East. These thieves stole all the money in the account of their customers, especially folks who don't live in Nigeria. They only tell you to write a letter to customer service. Good thing is I have better banks, in and outside Nigeria. If patronage could decline to 0% for them in the next 1 year, it would be more than enough payback for this gang of looters!
Shut up with your Bitchy tribalistic nonsense!!! Lemme guess you have applied several times to Diamond bank and never ever got employed right? grin grin
I cant blame them for mot employing a dimwit like you

1 Like

Re: ................ by waja(m): 5:40am On May 30, 2013
free2ryhme: it is well oh .. another 2417 added to the job market ..
. Pls which community school did you attend?

1 Like

Re: ................ by Kingsleyoamadi: 5:40am On May 30, 2013
Moi pls where did u get ur news on sacked bank workers from? I knw 4 sure dat diamond never sacked anybody rather it is recruiting on daily basis. Or you just want to rubbish these two strong banks?
Re: ................ by engrfcuksmtin(m): 5:57am On May 30, 2013
ebamma 3: and after making money from the phone repairs u will take it to the bank for saving right?
No he will save it in clay pot placed under his bamboo bed. The guy is trying to tell you people that it is better to acquire a skill and be self employed than to face the job insecurity of the private sector in Nigeria.
Ok Check out the quote below:
Zector: it is not a good story for my friend's wife bcs she happened to be one of the victim.
Last year december the husband was sacked from his company due to economy situation of the country.
Now wife that is taking care of the house responbilities is now at home with husband.
Tell me wat is happening to Nigeria economy.
God please save us
Re: ................ by lastpage: 6:01am On May 30, 2013
50calibre: 2147 rendered jobless overnight!! How many jobs were created in the last three months? Were the guys who got layed off paid some sort of severance fee?

Nigeria is just a big joke, a fu*king travesty.

Its not just the BANKS alone, a Friend just told me that CUSTODIAN & ALLIED PLC IS SACKING ALL (MANY HUNDREDS OF THEM) THE WORKERS OF CRUSADER INSURANCE PLC, AFTER IT ACQUIRED THE COMPANY....THIS FRIDAY MAY 31st, 2013! .....

....and the Bugger of an M.D. (Wole Oshin) does not even want to pay them, their entitlements!

There is nothing wrong in "Downsizing' (assuming its not a result of one silly M.D. misappropriating Company's working capital) but please, PAY THE PEOPLE WHAT IS OWED TO THEM IN TERMS OF SEVERANCE/REDUNDANCY PAYMENT!

Most Nigerian Employers will outperform Satan itself, when it comes to wickedness!

Lastpage!
Re: ................ by kolamilan(m): 6:14am On May 30, 2013
who is the living proof ?
Re: ................ by burningspear(m): 6:21am On May 30, 2013
madam_oringo: Diamond Bank deserves to collapse! This is a bank led by corrupt and very poor managers whom I understand are majorly from the East. These thieves stole all the money in the account of their customers, especially folks who don't live in Nigeria. They only tell you to write a letter to customer service. Good thing is I have better banks, in and outside Nigeria. If patronage could decline to 0% for them in the next 1 year, it would be more than enough payback for this gang of looters!

Senseless and brainless comment from depleted and yet void mind! How do this type of people sleep, who jump without observing and who thrive in bringing down others? Is there really joy in this? Worst still, who asked you where you have your banks? Let it be in the moon or in the rugged golgotha wood even!
Re: ................ by enlady(f): 7:46am On May 30, 2013
olymurphy: Last
two years Ecobank (Onitsha branch) retrenched about 300 bankers and
since then my married neighbour who used to work in that bank has been
doing okada business. a graduate for that matter.
hmmm... Stories that touch the heart. Imagine the risky business - okada
Re: ................ by Rick9(m): 8:05am On May 30, 2013
Amnesty for the Bankers (- _ -)

1 Like

Re: ................ by Nobody: 8:25am On May 30, 2013
Non Farm Payrol: self epmloyment still remains the best option, get a skill today
but not everybody as d capability
Re: ................ by bootlegaz: 8:28am On May 30, 2013
50calibre: 2147 rendered jobless overnight!! How many jobs were created in the last three months? Were the guys who got layed off paid some sort of severance fee?

Nigeria is just a big joke, a fu*king travesty.
Hypocrisy, where you not the one telling us how well off Nigeria's bankers are? What happened to those lies brah? LMAO....*caught in the act*
Re: ................ by Nadoson: 8:32am On May 30, 2013
femmyb: And some slowpoke was arguing with me the other day, how a Nigerian banker is better than a US cab driver.
who is arguing wit u? My broda, it's wel knwn that even a common gardener in US is bether of bank jobs here.
Re: ................ by OdionOdion: 8:37am On May 30, 2013
gistyinka: It is sad news again for the bankers workers again in Nigeria, Thousand of banker are now out of jobs

According to news going viral now, two top trouble banks, Ecobank and Diamond bank plc have laid off thousands of their workers.

In early May, over 147 staff were sacked from Ecobank after they’re tagged as non-performing workers.

The laid off employees of the Ecobank find the non-performing label offensive and have vowed to sue the bank.

In another development, Diamond bank have fired 2000 staff over low patronage.

The sacked employees of Diamond bank were not given any notice…They were surprised to hear that the bank no longer needs their service.

The employees stormed the premises of Diamond bank in Abuja on May 15th to protest their lay off.

There is nothing like having a business of your own in any country you find yourself.

Hope those workers can find something to sustain themselves in the main time.

http://www.gistyinka.com/ecobank-sacked-147-workers-diamond-bank-fired-2000-staff/
What Lamido Sanusi still doing as CBN governor?.Rather steer the ship of CBN and Financial sector to safety,he busy junketing round maketing unnecessary political statements, Sanusi should resign
Re: ................ by bumskyla: 8:56am On May 30, 2013
Non Farm Payrol: self epmloyment still remains the best option, get a skill today

thats not true, by the time everyone is fired from there jobs, i wonder who will be giving your business patronage.

1 Like

Re: ................ by adultiph: 9:17am On May 30, 2013
gistyinka: It is sad news again for the bankers workers again in Nigeria, Thousand of banker are now out of jobs

According to news going viral now, two top trouble banks, Ecobank and Diamond bank plc have laid off thousands of their workers.

In early May, over 147 staff were sacked from Ecobank after they’re tagged as non-performing workers.

The laid off employees of the Ecobank find the non-performing label offensive and have vowed to sue the bank.

In another development, Diamond bank have fired 2000 staff over low patronage.

The sacked employees of Diamond bank were not given any notice…They were surprised to hear that the bank no longer needs their service.

The employees stormed the premises of Diamond bank in Abuja on May 15th to protest their lay off.

There is nothing like having a business of your own in any country you find yourself.

Hope those workers can find something to sustain themselves in the main time.

http://www.gistyinka.com/ecobank-sacked-147-workers-diamond-bank-fired-2000-staff/

You are only spreading lies.Ecobank did not sack any staff this month.
I have many friends and relations that are working with the bank.
Re: ................ by pampy: 9:22am On May 30, 2013
This story is clearly false or at best greatly exaggerated. The bank is a running business with profits as its ultimate goal and it will have to do what it can to survive. It is not a charity organisation or government run organisation where staff can sit and do nothing and all will be alright.

Besides the written English of the poster is so bad I would like to know where he works. If his job involves communication he really needs to improve
Re: ................ by adultiph: 9:24am On May 30, 2013
enlady: hmmm... Stories that touch the heart. Imagine the risky business - okada

Please don't mind that guy with lies.
As 2years ago,the staff strenght of Ecobank in all the branches in onitsha is not upto 200.
So ho did they sack 300?
Re: ................ by adultiph: 9:32am On May 30, 2013
Nadoson:
who is arguing wit u? My broda, it's wel knwn that even a common gardener in US is bether of bank jobs here.

Don't say what you don't know.

My cousin has worked for just six years with Ecobank and he has a well furnished bungalo at Asaba.He is married with 3 kids.Over these 6 years he has trained 3 of his sisters from university.
He has 2 cars.One Highlander and Toyota Camry for his wife.

So tell me how a gardner is better than him.
Is it those diasporans in US that pronounce $100 as if it is something big.
Though there is no job security in the banking industry but someone has to start from somewhere.
Re: ................ by adultiph: 9:44am On May 30, 2013
olymurphy: Last
two years Ecobank (Onitsha branch) retrenched about 300 bankers and
since then my married neighbour who used to work in that bank has been
doing okada business. a graduate for that matter.

You are just spreading false news.As at last two years ecobank has only 7 branches in onitsha.
They are Nkpor branch,Ogboefere branch,Fegge Branch,Williams branch,New market road branch,Old market road branch and Bridge head branch.
None of the branches have more than 25 staffs(including cleaners,securities and drivers).
So i don't think in all they have upto 200 staffs in Onitsha.
So how did they sack 300 staffs?

Nne this your lie di kwa egwuoo
Re: ................ by AmeLonRo(m): 9:56am On May 30, 2013
I wonder like wonder bank why a sensible Nigerian (Nairalander 4 dat matter) will be joking with a sensitive issue as a bank job sack/issue. Please I beg U in God's name to always get your facts and figures right before you start anything here. We mean what we write here,we believe what we read here and we write what we mean too. smiley smiley smiley
Re: ................ by didicold(f): 9:57am On May 30, 2013
Whether or not d banks sacked d numbers mentioned, its disgusting to see people literally bubbling with pleasure @ other people's "alleged" setback.
So what if a man is a banker or a cab driver, is it not all about putting food on d table and providin for ur family? If a banker switches on d gen to sleep all nite, what is ur bizness ,buy ur own or pray for God to provide, we all know d truth,dis ppl work @ d very least 7-7, or even 7-9 with so much mental stress ,why should dey not get paid handsomely and go home to a good lighted environment to relax. Itz dis "sour grapes " mentality dat continues to divide nigeria

2 Likes

Re: ................ by jisky(m): 10:13am On May 30, 2013
.and i just got a banking job...may God help me.
U beta dont deceive urself,u never get job.try n pursue that plan B inside u.
Re: ................ by Nobody: 10:47am On May 30, 2013
I am seeking for a reliable investor to invest 300k for the release of this movie that the trailer copy has been pasted below.
http://vimeo.com/43151929

I also have the preview copy for serious minded investors and we can discuss profit sharing.
Call me on 08162655771 or add me on bb: 2320EEBD.
Thanks.
Re: ................ by nicole24(f): 11:51am On May 30, 2013
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS JOB SECURITY ANYMORE IN NIGERIA.....JOIN A GREAT NETWORK MARKETING COMPANY AND LEARN HOW TO OWN YOUR LIFE AND ACHIEVE YOUR DREAM.....So You Want To Be An Entrepreneur? ........

Having success in the business world is attributed in large part to your own thinking and the mindset that you bring to this new avenue of making money.

Most people arrive here wanting to break free from the rut of a nine-to-five job that they’re no longer passionate about. The hours are long, the work is never-ending, and the pay is poor. Huh! On second thoughts, it sounds very similar to the beginnings of the entrepreneurial world.

What many people don’t realize is that the major hindrance to success in their business niche has nothing to do with technique or value, but with the job mentality that they have brought along with them.
Crossing over from a job to business is not just a physical move—it also involves a complete change in your mindset. It is a completely different world to what you’re used to in the cubicle farm. I often see arguments break out online which immediately make me wonder whether the people involved have an entrepreneurial mindset or a job mentality.
To cross over to the entrepreneurial world, you need to adopt the following ways of thinking.

1. Change is Evolution.

Job people become stuck in the way things are done, and always have been done. They are used to rules, schedules, and procedures. When they cross over into the business world, they discover that the rules have changed—and often, they can’t handle it.
Entrepreneurs understand that in the business world, the rules are always changing and if you don’t evolve with them, you’re going to die.

Sometimes I just want to shout, “Listen up! The rules have changed. You are not in the banking world any more. You are in the online world. The place where degrees and awards don’t matter. Anyone can start a website and have massive success with it. Whether you like it or not, doesn’t count. This is the reality of online marketing and building your own business. You either become an entrepreneur and adapt to the new world, or you sink—fast.”
How many highly successful entrepreneurs do you know who were never great at school and didn’t get a college degree? Let’s see. There’s Bill Gates, Andrew Carnegie, Walt Disney, Richard Branson … They have gotten where they are because of their entrepreneurial mindset. Entrepreneurs don’t try to fit the square peg into the round hole—they become a round peg instead.

2. Think big

Entrepreneurs think big and focus on the ultimate vision of what they are doing. They think outside of the box to look for new and unique ways to be successful and make money. They do not follow the herd. They watch and learn, and then say, “How can I make this better? How can I do this in a different, yet bigger way?” When you think outside the box, you create things that make you move above the crowd.
Job people concentrate only on the tasks at hand, and follow what most other people are doing. They are not used to focusing on the bigger picture as it has never been their vision to worry about. Bringing that limitation over to the entrepreneurial world can stifle your creativity and restrict your ability to handle and solve the many challenges that will arise.

Quitting becomes an easier option. Entrepreneurs know that the road to eventual wealth and success can be long and difficult, and the bigger vision helps move them through that period.

One of my favorite Donald Trump quotes is, “If you are going to be thinking anyway, you might as well be thinking big.” If you think small, you receive small.
I began my quest into entrepreneurship with the intention not to make a few bucks here and there, but to look towards a bigger picture that can lead me to earning vast amounts of income from many different sources. This bigger picture has an impact on my overall strategy.

3. Self-promotion

I know people who are afraid to hand out their business cards, or tell people who they are and what they do. When you are able to do that confidently, you have made a big jump over into the entrepreneurial mindset.
No one is going to promote you for you. No one is going to care about what you have to offer more than you.
If you want to have success in an entrepreneurial world, you have to learn to promote yourself. Think of all the big brand people you know: Richard Branson, Donald Trump, Oprah Winfrey. What are all these people good at? Self-promotion.
Entrepreneurs are willing to do whatever it takes. Hand out those business cards, shake that person’s hand, and speak confidently about what you do and how you can offer value to others. Invite people to check out your website and connect with you via your networks. Share your work and successes.
You are guaranteed to receive criticism for doing this. Concentrate on your bigger picture and understand the criticism comes from those who want to do what you do, but have not yet broken free from the job mentality.

4. Networking is vital

Job mentality people tend to call this a “You scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours” kind of deal, and in some ways it is. But, in my entrepreneur mind, I never see it as being the case that if I do something for you, you have to do something for me in return.
It has more to do with building relationships and from those, interacting with those you like and trust. A natural extension of a relationship with someone you like and trust is to read their work, use their products, and recommend them to others. People do business with those they like and trust, just as they are friends with those they like and trust. There’s nothing shady about it.
Entrepreneurs immediately start building their networks of professional and business contacts. They understand the power and truth in the saying “It’s not what you know, it’s who you know.”
Networking is not just about what others can do for you, but what you can do for others. Being an entrepreneur means helping out others and providing value when you can. It means creating a mastermind group of people you can share and bounce ideas off of. You don’t hold your cards to your chest for fear of losing out and having others rise to the top over you.

5. Learn from those you want to be like

In the job world, we are taught that to move up the ladder and get that much-desired promotion, we need to prove we are better than the rest. It becomes a dog-eat-dog world: the knives come out and we are prepared to stomp all over those beside us in order to get to the finish line first.
Entrepreneurs have the intention to be the best at what they do; they are competitive and like to win. But, they know they don’t have to destroy others in the process. They understand that we each have a unique perspective or value that we can offer.
They understand that the best way to get to the top is to learn from those who are where you want to be. They don’t look at the person in the mansion on the hill and feel jealous. Instead, they find out that person’s name, they give them a call, and they say, “Hey. I really like what you have achieved. I want to be like you. How can I learn what you know?”
And usually that successful entrepreneur replies, “Well, how about we meet up for coffee and I can go over a few things with you?”
Entrepreneurs understand the concept of abundance. They understand what it takes to get to the top and they are more than happy to take the time to help someone do the same. As with everything in life, there will always be anomalies, but I have never met an entrepreneur yet who I have not had an interaction with that’s similar to what I have just described.

6. Making money is a good thing

Entrepreneurs think like this. They believe they can offer value and know they deserve to be rewarded for it. Because of this, they are not afraid to ask for the money and they don’t believe it’s dirty when they get it. They approach all transactions from a win-win perspective and there’s nothing bad about this.
On a similar level, I hear many entrepreneurs say they feel they are selling out on their network by selling things to them. Really? If your network expect you to spend countless hours every day giving valuable content that informs and entertains, without receiving any compensation for it, then you need to get new network.
Do you think they feel the same way when they pick up a magazine, a newspaper, or turn on the TV? Why do people think that when you enter the business world, suddenly you should start working for nothing? If you have a job mentality then you may not get past these uncomfortable feelings of “selling out.”

You are doing this for the passion—yes! But you are also doing this for the income you originally craved so you could start living your life by your desires.

Think like an entrepreneur: “There is nothing wrong with making money. Making money enables me to move forward and grow, so I can in turn provide more value.”
If this article has struck a raw nerve with you, then ask yourself, “Could this perhaps be a sign that I have not yet crossed over?” Well … have you crossed over?

OK. Let me help you out.
Re: ................ by coretechng(m): 11:59am On May 30, 2013
Banking job is still cool if you get one.

Re: ................ by nyilins: 12:01pm On May 30, 2013
I need a skill Oº°˚˚°º bank jobs these days are somethingelse!!![color=#990000][/color]
Re: ................ by monopolist: 12:05pm On May 30, 2013
Come to Plantation Agriculture

We can Train you
We can Employ you
We can Manage your Investment in Farming
We can help Establish your our Farm Business

kingolusola@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My First Major Job Interview In Germany (true Life Story) / Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test / Samsung Heavy Industry Calling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.