Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? (2695 Views)

Vote For The Best Rapper In Nigeria? / Rapper In Need Of A Manager For Booking/promo / Any Body Help Me,am A Rapper In Need (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by lumeviews: 12:54am On May 30, 2013
Ever since grabbing a mic and rhyming on beats was born, we never seize to wonder “Who got the best
rap skills?” So right about now, we are asking a very simple but deeply complex question. Who’s the best
rapper in Nigeria? And our feature rapper profiles are situated below;

MODENINE

One of Nigeria’s top rappers for more than a decade now, released his first album Malcolm IX in 2004.
He pioneered the ”Underground Hip Hop” tag for a long time and has hit songs which includes ”
Africa, Cry, Elbow Room, It’s About To Get Ugly, Rock On, Pain, 419 State of Mind,
Lagos State of Mind & Fellow Nigerians, just to name a few.

He is known for his raw delivery, conscious lyrics, battle raps, metaphors & similes. His style is similar
to one of Hip Hop’s legends KRS One. He epitomises underground Hip Hop in Nigeria.
He scaled the heights after hitting the limelight with mega smash hit ”Cry” from the album
”E Pluribus Unum”.

Top Songs: Cry, Africa & Lagos State Of Mind.

Flops: Oga, Okokomaiko & Fiyah Burn

Criticism: Too much similes on a track which makes it lose it’s subject matter, loud unpleasant delivery
& on rare occasions poor beat selection.

M.I

Mr Incredible, Nigeria’s accclaimed ”Rap Messiah”, dropped his EP ”Illegal Music” in 2009, after
which he exploded onto the music scene with the amazing album ”Talk About It” and has hit songs which
includes Teaser, Talk About It, Area, Fast Money Fast Cars, Money, Nobody & Action Film, just to name a few.

He is known for his husky delivery, multisyllabic rhymes, metaphors & has the tendency to sing. His style is
similar to Lil’ Wayne & Kanye West. He is one of the leaders of today’s new school Hip Hop in Nigeria.
The song ”Safe” from the album ”Talk About It” brought him to the limelight.

Top Songs: Nobody, Teaser & Money.

Flops: Craze, Seven Days & My Head My Belle.

Criticism: Tries too hard to rhyme so he ends up saying non-existing words, he isn’t a spectacular singer and
should stick to just rapping.

Click below for entire list
http://www.lumeviews.com/2013/02/23/who-is-the-best-rapper-in-nigeria/
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 12:58am On May 30, 2013
Are you insinuating that Mode 9 and MI are the two best rappers in Nigeria? If you want to compare then why not list at least 5 rappers so that we can decide who we think the best is.

As for me, there's no such thing as Best rapper. As long as I like your rap, it's ok for me. Two of the songs that I've been playing for months now is MI's "Number One" and "Action Film". I also like Phyno's Ndi Ala.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by lumeviews: 1:04am On May 30, 2013
Afam4eva: Are you insinuating that Mode 9 and MI are the two best rappers in Nigeria. If you want to compare then why not list at least 5 rappers so that we can decide who we think the best is.

As for me, there's no such thing as Best rapper. As long as I like your rap, it's ok for me. Two of the songs that I've been playing for months now is MI's "Number One" and "Action Film" are MI's songs. I also like Phyno's Ndi Ala.

Sorry man...been trying to post the entire list here but, can't do it for some unknown reasons, got a link below now though.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by lumeviewscom: 2:33am On Jul 27, 2013
lumeviews: Check out the top 10 best rappers in Nigeria:

(1) MODENINE

One of Nigeria’s top rappers for more than a decade now, released his first album Malcolm IX in 2004.
He pioneered the ”Underground Hip Hop” tag for a long time and has hit songs which includes ”
Africa, Cry, Elbow Room, It’s About To Get Ugly, Rock On, Pain, 419 State of Mind,
Lagos State of Mind & Fellow Nigerians, just to name a few.

He is known for his raw delivery, conscious lyrics, battle raps, metaphors & similes. His style is similar
to one of Hip Hop’s legends KRS One. He epitomises underground Hip Hop in Nigeria.
He scaled the heights after hitting the limelight with mega smash hit ”Cry” from the album
”E Pluribus Unum”.

Top Songs: Cry, Africa & Lagos State Of Mind.

Flops: Oga, Okokomaiko & Fiyah Burn

Criticism: Too much similes on a track which makes it lose it’s subject matter, loud unpleasant delivery
& on rare occasions poor beat selection.

(2) M.I

Mr Incredible, Nigeria’s accclaimed ”Rap Messiah”, dropped his EP ”Illegal Music” in 2009, after
which he exploded onto the music scene with the amazing album ”Talk About It” and has hit songs which
includes Teaser, Talk About It, Area, Fast Money Fast Cars, Money, Nobody & Action Film, just to name a few.

He is known for his husky delivery, multisyllabic rhymes, metaphors & has the tendency to sing. His style is
similar to Lil’ Wayne & Kanye West. He is one of the leaders of today’s new school Hip Hop in Nigeria.
The song ”Safe” from the album ”Talk About It” brought him to the limelight.

Top Songs: Nobody, Teaser & Money.

Flops: Craze, Seven Days & My Head My Belle.

Criticism: Tries too hard to rhyme so he ends up saying non-existing words, he isn’t a spectacular singer and
should stick to just rapping.

Visit WHO IS THE BEST RAPPER IN NIGERIA? for our complete list reasons.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by sweetkevisco(m): 5:30pm On Aug 28, 2013
Are you talented enough to
be given a record deal?, no
record label will notice
you,except they hear your
music.
Send your track in mp3 file,and bio to
musicpromoter9ja@mail.com.

(1) (Reply)

Voice Training And Vocal Care Self Starter Kit / best album? / Good Recording Studio In Port Harcourt!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.