Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran (1002 Views)

Birth Of Imam Hassan Ibn Ali (a), Grandson Of Prophet Muhammad (s) / The Oppressed Grandson Of The Prophet / Interview With Al Haj Shabaaz (grandson Of Malcolm X) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by olajide21: 11:25am On May 30, 2013
Position of Jesus (pbuh) in Islam:
(i)Islam is the only non-Christian faith, which
makes it an article of faith to believe in Jesus
(pbuh). No Muslim is a Muslim if he does not
believe in Jesus (pbuh).
(ii) We believe that he was one of the mightiest
Messengers of Allah (swt).
(iii) We believe that he was born miraculously,
without any male intervention.
Muslims also believe Jesus;the son of Mary spoke in his Cradle.
(iv) We believe he was the Messiah translated
Christ (pbuh).
(v) We believe that he gave life to the dead with
God’s permission.
(iv) We believe that he healed those born blind,
and the lepers with God’s permission.
Muslims also believe he would be coming back towards the END OF TIME to destroy the Dajjal(anti Christ) and all he stands for.
if your believe is in line with the above, you are inch closer to salvation and eternal bliss.
WE SHOULD ALL STRIVE HARD TO LEARN ABOUT THE GENESIS OF OUR RELIGION, NOT FROM ADULTERATED SOURCES NOR FROM DUBIOUS PERSONALITY THAT CLAIMS TO BE KNOWLEDGEABLE.

1 Like

Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by AbdH: 12:42pm On May 30, 2013
Nice write up. But I'd like to point out that we do not keep beard because of Jesus A.S but because Mohammad S.A.W encouraged it. I may be wrong though.
Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by olajide21: 3:27pm On May 30, 2013
AbdH: Nice write up. But I'd like to point out that we do not keep beard because of Jesus A.S but because Mohammad S.A.W encouraged it. I may be wrong though.
You are absolutely correct dear brother.... its the Sunnah of The Rasul...... My intention was to point it out that Jesus was also bearded..... May Allah forgive My errors and reward you for your act..... Jazakhallahu Khairan.
Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by alexis(m): 3:47pm On May 30, 2013
Do you believe He died?
Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by olajide21: 10:38am On May 31, 2013
alexis: Do you believe He died?
Hello Alexis....... No Jesus; the son of Mary was not killed. God took him to himself (Ascension)........
Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by alexis(m): 10:50am On May 31, 2013
olajide21:
Hello Alexis....... No Jesus; the son of Mary was not killed. God took him to himself (Ascension)........

Please confirm from the Quran or the Hadith where it says that so we can review. Thanks.
Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by olajide21: 11:36am On May 31, 2013
alexis:

Please confirm from the Quran or the Hadith where it says that so we can review. Thanks.

"And for their unbelief, and their uttering against Mary a grave false charge, and for their saying, 'We killed the messiah, Jesus son of Mary, the Messiah of God"…yet they did not slay him, neither crucified him, only a likeness of that was shown to them. Those who are at variance concerning him are surely in doubt the following of conjecture; and they did not kill him of certainty…no indeed; God raised him up to Him; God is Almighty, Allwise. There is not one of the people of the book but will assuredly believe him before his death, and on the Resurrection Day he will be a witness against them." (An-Nissa 4:156-159)..... Hey Alex, you can check up this as well as download a copy of the Qur'an for your studies on line.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by alexis(m): 4:50pm On May 31, 2013
olajide21:

"And for their unbelief, and their uttering against Mary a grave false charge, and for their saying, 'We killed the messiah, Jesus son of Mary, the Messiah of God"…yet they did not slay him, neither crucified him, only a likeness of that was shown to them. Those who are at variance concerning him are surely in doubt the following of conjecture; and they did not kill him of certainty…no indeed; God raised him up to Him; God is Almighty, Allwise. There is not one of the people of the book but will assuredly believe him before his death, and on the Resurrection Day he will be a witness against them." (An-Nissa 4:156-159)..... Hey Alex, you can check up this as well as download a copy of the Qur'an for your studies on line.

Thanks for providing the verse I appreciate it. The reason I asked was for clarification and I will like you to clarify my next question because I am a bit confused. You established from the Quran that Jesus never DIED and God "Allah" took him to himself.

Other parts of the Quran said Jesus DIED:

Surah Al-Imran 3:55 === "Behold! Allah said, O Jesus, I wil cause thee to DIE and raise thee to myself, and clear thee of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who disbelieve (in you), even to the day of the Resurrection. Then shall ya all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute"

Here the Quran not only mentions the death of Christ, contradicting the verse you quoted. The Quran also mentions the death of Jesus Christ here:

Surah Maryam 19:33 === "So peace is on me, the day I was born, the day I DIE, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"

Here are two verses in the Qu'ran speaking of the death of Jesus Christ, and one verse that said He did not die!. Can you please explain or through more light.

Thanks
Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by DevotedOne(m): 10:42pm On May 31, 2013
In The Name of The Only GOD, Allah, The Very Merciful, The All Merciful, The Praiseworthy. As salaamu alaykum, The peace be on you, everyone.

Salaam Alexis. Whose Qur'an are you copying from. The verses are numbered incorrectly.

003.055 إِذْ قَالَ اللَّهُ يَا عِيسَى إِنِّي مُتَوَفِّيكَ وَرَافِعُكَ إِلَيَّ وَمُطَهِّرُكَ مِنَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَجَاعِلُ الَّذِينَ اتَّبَعُوكَ فَوْقَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا إِلَى يَوْمِ الْقِيَامَةِ ثُمَّ إِلَيَّ مَرْجِعُكُمْ فَأَحْكُمُ بَيْنَكُمْ فِيمَا كُنْتُمْ فِيهِ تَخْتَلِفُونَ
003.055 Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute. Al-Qur'an, 003.055 (Aal-E-Imran [The Family of Imran])

019.033 وَالسَّلامُ عَلَيَّ يَوْمَ وُلِدْتُ وَيَوْمَ أَمُوتُ وَيَوْمَ أُبْعَثُ حَيًّا
019.033 "So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"! Al-Qur'an, 019.033 (Maryam [Mary])

Wa salaam. DevotedOne
Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by alexis(m): 12:30am On Jun 01, 2013
DevotedOne: In The Name of The Only GOD, Allah, The Very Merciful, The All Merciful, The Praiseworthy. As salaamu alaykum, The peace be on you, everyone.

Salaam Alexis. Whose Qur'an are you copying from. The verses are numbered incorrectly.

003.055 إِذْ قَالَ اللَّهُ يَا عِيسَى إِنِّي مُتَوَفِّيكَ وَرَافِعُكَ إِلَيَّ وَمُطَهِّرُكَ مِنَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَجَاعِلُ الَّذِينَ اتَّبَعُوكَ فَوْقَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا إِلَى يَوْمِ الْقِيَامَةِ ثُمَّ إِلَيَّ مَرْجِعُكُمْ فَأَحْكُمُ بَيْنَكُمْ فِيمَا كُنْتُمْ فِيهِ تَخْتَلِفُونَ
003.055 Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute. Al-Qur'an, 003.055 (Aal-E-Imran [The Family of Imran])

019.033 وَالسَّلامُ عَلَيَّ يَوْمَ وُلِدْتُ وَيَوْمَ أَمُوتُ وَيَوْمَ أُبْعَثُ حَيًّا
019.033 "So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"! Al-Qur'an, 019.033 (Maryam [Mary])

Wa salaam. DevotedOne

You are right, I missed the numbers. I have corrected them. Thanks for pointing it out
Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by ayenny02(m): 6:08am On Jun 02, 2013
Answer:
JESUS (PBUH) SAID, "THE DAY THAT I DIE", NOT "THE DAY THAT I DIED"
It is mentioned in Surah Maryam, Chapter 19 verse 33

"So Peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die and the Day that I shall be raised up to life (again)". [Al-Quran 19:33]

The Quran mentions that Jesus (pbuh) said "Peace is on me the Day I was born, the day that I die". It is not stated "the day that I died". It is in the future tense and not in the past tense.

WE believe jesus christ(peace be upon him) will come back and later will die in a natural death.
And the raise up to life(again) means: the day of judgment.

JESUS (PBUH) WAS RAISED UP ALIVE
The Quran further says in Surah Nisa, Chapter 4 verse 157-158:

"That they said (in boast),˜ We killed Jesus Christ the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah. But they killed him not, Nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not. Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is exalted in Power, Wise." [Al-Quran 4:157-158]
Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by olajide21: 7:38am On Jun 02, 2013
ayenny02: Answer:

"So Peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die and the Day that I shall be raised up to life (again)". [Al-Quran 19:33]

The Quran mentions that Jesus (pbuh) said "Peace is on me the Day I was born, the day that I die". It is not stated "the day that I died". It is in the future tense and not in the past tense.

WE believe jesus christ(peace be upon him) will come back and later will die in a natural death.

"That they said (in boast),˜ We killed Jesus Christ the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah. But they killed him not, Nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not. Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is exalted in Power, Wise." [Al-Quran 4:157-158]

Thanks brothers for clarifying those verses for Alexis.....
Alexis, hope you understand the explanations now. Those who reject the TRUE teachings of Jesus; the Son of Mary has totally rejected faith. Dear Alexis, i would implore you to take some time out and study Al-Islam, not from the Media, not from events and happenings around the world but from the Qur'an and Hadith.
Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by olajide21: 7:39am On Jun 02, 2013

Alexis, hope you understand the explanations now. Those who reject the TRUE teachings of Jesus; the Son of Mary has totally rejected faith. Dear Alexis, i would implore you to take some time out and study Al-Islam, not from the Media, not from events and happenings around the world but from the Qur'an and Hadith.
Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by alexis(m): 7:47am On Jun 02, 2013

You seem to be adding your own meaning to the Quran ayenny02. Why would Allah mention the death of Jesus if he didn't intend for him to die?

If Jesus is with Allah right now, why would he come back and die a natural death again?

Your desperate attempt is clearly not what the author of the Quran said. Why didn't Allah made is clear then. At best, there is a lot of confusion here smiley
Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by alexis(m): 7:50am On Jun 02, 2013
olajide21:

I am a student of the Quran and his explanation has no basis in the Quran mate. The author of the Quran would have made it clear that he didn't want Jesus to die yet the same author talked about Jesus death in the present tense. So, Allah should have been more clearly as to what he meant
Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by ayenny02(m): 8:22am On Jun 02, 2013
alexis:

You seem to be adding your own meaning to the Quran)
I will advice you to study the arabic verses, you will understand very well. Al-Quran is ONE ARABIC BOOK an arabic language with different translation.
alexis:

Why would Allah mention the death of Jesus if he didn't intend for him to die?

If Jesus is with Allah right now, why would he come back and die a natural death again?

The Quran tells us that they did not kill him and they did not crucify him and that Allah raised him up to Him. In none of the verses, is there an actual reference to his murder or that he was killed in Quran.
Furthermore, Allah (God) also says in the Quran, "And he (Jesus shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Resurrection); therefore have no doubt about it (the Hour). And follow me (Allah), this is a Straight Path." (Quran 43: 61)

Some of the reason why he is coming back are;
1) The Jews believe that they killed Prophet Jesus(AS), Allah will send him before the end of time to prove that they did not killed him and that he is alive. It is Jesus who will fight and the kill Dajjal (Anti-christ). 

2)  Protect the Muslims from  Yajuj and Majuj (Gog & MaGog) by taking them to Mount Tur and then praying to Allah to make Yajuj and Majuj perish.

3)  It is the Law of Allah that anything created from the Earth has to be buried in the Earth and not in the Heavens. Thus, he will return to the Earth for the second time, kill the Dajjal, live for a period of time and then he will die a natural death and will be buried
alexis:

Your desperate attempt is clearly not what the author of the Quran said. Why didn't Allah made is clear then. At best, there is a lot of confusion here smiley
There is no confusion there, the statement was very cleared
Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by lanrexlan(m): 8:22am On Jun 02, 2013
olajide21:

Brother olajide,please don't waste your precious time explaining things to alexis,he can't comprehend easily and he will never admit he made mistakes.If you explain something to him,he will conclude you are adding your own words,he has no knowledge about Quran and Islam.Just an anti islamic guy visiting anti islamic sites.Leave him alone.....Peace
Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by tintingz(m): 9:30am On Jun 02, 2013
alexis:

Thanks for providing the verse I appreciate it. The reason I asked was for clarification and I will like you to clarify my next question because I am a bit confused. You established from the Quran that Jesus never DIED and God "Allah" took him to himself.

Other parts of the Quran said Jesus DIED:

Surah Al-Imran 3:55 === "Behold! Allah said, O Jesus, I wil cause thee to DIE and raise thee to myself, and clear thee of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who disbelieve (in you), even to the day of the Resurrection. Then shall ya all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute"

Here the Quran not only mentions the death of Christ, contradicting the verse you quoted. The Quran also mentions the death of Jesus Christ here:

Surah Maryam 19:33 === "So peace is on me, the day I was born, the day I DIE, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"

Here are two verses in the Qu'ran speaking of the death of Jesus Christ, and one verse that said He did not die!. Can you please explain or through more light.

Thanks
Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by alexis(m): 9:53am On Jun 02, 2013
lanrexlan: Brother olajide,please don't waste your precious time explaining things to alexis,he can't comprehend easily and he will never admit he made mistakes.If you explain something to him,he will conclude you are adding your own words,he has no knowledge about Quran and Islam.Just an anti islamic guy visiting anti islamic sites.Leave him alone.....Peace

A person who can't explain how many days Allah created the world is here telling me that I don't know about the Quran grin. It's common for people like you who can't engage in debate to attack others smiley. In between, we are still waiting for the Bible the Jews threw at their back and got lost
Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by alexis(m): 9:56am On Jun 02, 2013
ayenny02: I will advice you to study the arabic verses, you will understand very well. Al-Quran is ONE ARABIC BOOK an arabic language with different translation. The Quran tells us that they did not kill him and they did not crucify him and that Allah raised him up to Him. In none of the verses, is there an actual reference to his murder or that he was killed in Quran.
Furthermore, Allah (God) also says in the Quran, "And he (Jesus shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Resurrection); therefore have no doubt about it (the Hour). And follow me (Allah), this is a Straight Path." (Quran 43: 61)

Some of the reason why he is coming back are;
1) The Jews believe that they killed Prophet Jesus(AS), Allah will send him before the end of time to prove that they did not killed him and that he is alive. It is Jesus who will fight and the kill Dajjal (Anti-christ). 

2)  Protect the Muslims from  Yajuj and Majuj (Gog & MaGog) by taking them to Mount Tur and then praying to Allah to make Yajuj and Majuj perish.

3)  It is the Law of Allah that anything created from the Earth has to be buried in the Earth and not in the Heavens. Thus, he will return to the Earth for the second time, kill the Dajjal, live for a period of time and then he will die a natural death and will be buried

There is no confusion there, the statement was very cleared

The contention is this - the Jews indeed KILLED Him, as documented in the Bible. Mohammed came 600 years later with no evidence and said other-wise. So, whose account should we believe?
Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by ayenny02(m): 10:31am On Jun 02, 2013
alexis:

The contention is this - the Jews indeed KILLED Him, as documented in the Bible. Mohammed came 600 years later with no evidence and said other-wise. So, whose account should we believe?
The truth will always prevail and Quran has said it already. The only problem was the bible, I have explained how jesus was not killed and not crucified, see it here;
https://www.nairaland.com/1271315/dilema-muslims-crucifixion/2
Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by alexis(m): 10:49am On Jun 02, 2013
ayenny02:
The truth will always prevail and Quran has said it already. The only problem was the bible, I have explained how jesus was not killed and not crucified, see it here;
https://www.nairaland.com/1271315/dilema-muslims-crucifixion/2

That is the difference mate - your Quran has no historical evidence smiley. Mohammed received a revelation from "Angel Gabriel" concerning this matter. He never went to Israel to confirm for himself. Yet muslims believe every single account irrespective of it's historical evidence.

He said the same thing when Jesus was born - Jesus never spoke as a baby; we all know that is incorrect smiley. Jesus was never born under a palm tree. Palm trees don't grow in that part of the world. Yet muslims like yourself ignore all these facts and close your eyes and believe what Mohammed said.

He is the same one that said a fly carriers sickness in one wing and the anti-dote to that sickness in another wing - factually and scientifically, is that correct?

He is the same man that said if you pray with your eyes lifted up to heaven, it will be snatched out of your head. Does that make any sense to you?

Yet this is the same man you want me to take his account on the death of Jesus Christ?
Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by lanrexlan(m): 4:37pm On Jun 02, 2013
alexis:

A person who can't explain how many days Allah created the world is here telling me that I don't know about the Quran grin. It's common for people like you who can't engage in debate to attack others smiley. In between, we are still waiting for the Bible the Jews threw at their back and got lost
People who have knowledge know I answered your questions perfectly,it's not a must you accept,and you are the one that's good in a debate? Jumping from one topic to another,shame on you.I don't have your time.....Peace

1 Like

Re: Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran by alexis(m): 11:19pm On Jun 02, 2013
lanrexlan: People who have knowledge know I answered your questions perfectly,it's not a must you accept,and you are the one that's good in a debate? Jumping from one topic to another,shame on you.I don't have your time.....Peace

Listen, you started the attack on my character; I simply responded back. If you didn't have my time, you wouldn't have posted here. It appears you know more than Allah who wasn't sure how many days He created the world. Your response was - he wanted his followers to think he created the world in 2 days when that was clearly what not the Quran meant. You have to try harder

(1) (Reply)

Islam Is Not A Religion Of Violent... / Things They Wont Tell You About Islam And Why It Is The Perfect Religion / Woman Police Officer In UK Revert To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.