Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,283 members, 7,849,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:41 PM

The irony of the 'weaker vessel' - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The irony of the 'weaker vessel' (565 Views)

Henry And Kate (a Love Story In Irony) / The Irony Of The Damned / So Much, Yet So Little. The Irony Of African Societies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The irony of the 'weaker vessel' by Richbee(m): 2:04pm On May 30, 2013
I have always wondered why the female folks are called 'weaker vessels'. It doesn't in any way describe them. These are the people that God created and structured very differently. At the start of their maturity, they experience discomfort and pain during their monthly periods. They get married and in time help carry a being within them. They go through this discomfort with the strength that even a man at times lack. For nine long months, they endure, love and cherish the feel of a new one with an unknown patience. And in the time to give birth, they go through an indescribable pain. And the funny thing is that, they'll go through this experience over and over again just for the birth of a new one. They tend and nurture that new one and keep late nights just to see that the young one has all he needs. And then comes 'menopause'. Even at old age, they exhibit so muuuucccchhhh strength and endurance despite the pain and discomfort. So you tell me. Why wouldn't I appreciate the women folk? Appreciate my mom, who in their weakness yet are strong. Who gives so much to a world that has little regard for them. To the ladies, mothers and to-be mothers, I do salute your strength. And to those young ones who dresses half naked and expose that which is made to be hidden, all I can say is that, you worth better than that. Any man who doesn't appreciate you when you are properly covered isn't worth you. You are special and indeed the strength and foundation of this world.

(1) (Reply)

Freestyle - 'world Of Maisters I' / Access Patriotism In Nigeria Today In Comparison To What We Had In The 60s / Win N50,000! Be The Next Yada Star Writer!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.