Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,242 members, 7,836,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) (19439 Views)

Nigerian Breaks Academic Record At University Of Manchester!!! Photos / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / University Of Ibadan(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by dridowu: 6:32pm On May 31, 2013
baba dey: cry cry. tedder hall!!... Its like it didnt affect the students. Well,no hall like INDY(katangite) and ZIK hall grin
Proudly Zikite
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by superdude007(m): 6:37pm On May 31, 2013
My body vibrated when I heard the news. Hall of Frame, shall be rebuild beautifully. I stayed in A15 and C43 while in UI. Greatest UI.
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Royaldee: 6:42pm On May 31, 2013
This is where we used to buy bread n egg from Robbinson and his mum. We used to buy other things from here esp provision and recharge cards. Oh my Tedder Hall. I can't forget airoplane logo, the DSTV(movies n football) in d hall, the quadrangles, Baba Toyin the food seller(I think he's still there) and many others. I spent about 7 years in this hall. All thanks to ASUU strikes and others. Greatest Tedderites!!! Greatest Uites!!!

2 Likes

Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by MrNigeria2(m): 6:44pm On May 31, 2013
...oh boy so we have a lot of ex tedderites in dis forum

.dats cool
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by anonimi: 6:46pm On May 31, 2013
Opportunity for the UI authorities to launch a serious fund raising campaign among alumni of the hall to rebuild it the same model with updated features.
I hope sey all of una wey dey post una fond memories of your good old days here will respond when the call is made. Or better still champion the cause.
Wish them luck
Ile oba tojo ewa lobukun.
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 31, 2013
tosomaju: Which block got burnt?
this looks like the building that housed d buttery back in the days (dem Robinson/ iya dara). Sad.
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Royaldee: 6:48pm On May 31, 2013
superdude007: My body vibrated when I heard the news. Hall of Frame, shall be rebuild beautifully. I stayed in A15 and C43 while in UI. Greatest UI.

I also stayed in A15 in 100level, A25 in 200level, C10 in 300level D15 in 400level and D33 in 500level. What a life building moments during the periods
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 31, 2013
Royaldee: This is where we used to buy bread n egg from Robbinson and his mum. We used to buy other things from here esp provision and recharge cards. Oh my Tedder Hall. I can't forget airoplane logo, the DSTV(movies n football) in d hall, the quadrangles, Baba Toyin the food seller(I think he's still there) and many others. I spent about 7 years in this hall. All thanks to ASUU strikes and others. Greatest Tedderites!!! Greatest Uites!!!
which one be baba toyin? Baba klass ni joor - come to klass b4 going to class grin grin

1 Like

Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by MrNigeria2(m): 6:50pm On May 31, 2013
Royaldee: This is where we used to buy bread n egg from Robbinson and his mum. We used to buy other things from here esp provision and recharge cards. Oh my Tedder Hall. I can't forget airoplane logo, the DSTV(movies n football) in d hall, the quadrangles, Baba Toyin the food seller(I think he's still there) and many others. I spent about 7 years in this hall. All thanks to ASUU strikes and others. Greatest Tedderites!!! Greatest Uites!!!

it is baba klass not baba toyin
....he is still yhere though now tusher and rebranded

A14 ,c29,c9,c2,c39 2005-2010
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by bamto(m): 6:50pm On May 31, 2013
tosomaju: Which block got burnt?

Buttery, cybercafe and Part of C Block
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 31, 2013
The fire which started around 4;10am at the buttery area of the hall was as a result of an electrical failure. News reaching us has it that the fire service came around 5;25 am when the fire had already done serious damage.

In the year 2013. IT TOOK THE LOCAL FIRE SERVICE OVER AN HOUR TO ARRIVE AT THE SCENE. PATHETIC NIGGERS.
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 31, 2013
ndudan: Very unfortunate. This cannot happen in my beloved Sultan Bello's Hall.
We were Kings then at my time.Had great times there.still misses the hall.
UI remains the Greatest still.

Why can't it happen in Bello. Was the hall built with fireproof bricks and wood?
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by bamto(m): 6:55pm On May 31, 2013
annoymous:

Why can't it happen in Bello. Was the hall built with fireproof bricks and wood?

Perhaps because Bello hall is immune to electrical power surge. Utter tosh!
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by bamto(m): 6:59pm On May 31, 2013
anonimi: Opportunity for the UI authorities to launch a serious fund raising campaign among alumni of the hall to rebuild it the same model with updated features.
I hope sey all of una wey dey post una fond memories of your good old days here will respond when the call is made. Or better still champion the cause.
Wish them luck
Ile oba tojo ewa lobukun.

IFA, UI's VC is GEJ's boy. FG will fund the reconstruction, like it did when the bookshop and fishpond were flooded.
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Royaldee: 7:02pm On May 31, 2013
annoymous: which one be baba toyin? Baba klass ni joor - come to klass b4 going to class grin grin

That's true and correct. But he was known as Baba Toyin b4 he came up wt Baba Klass idea....I can recount the story wella!
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by rafcrown(m): 7:03pm On May 31, 2013
THE GREATEST HALL.GREAT Pity.
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Lilboots(m): 7:08pm On May 31, 2013
Greatest of the Greatest UItes. I salute una. Chai! I stayed in Tedder Hall in my final year. Not very used to this place sha becos na apiam way I dey use comot. Remember that broken fence wey dey between C block and D block. If you just jump down via one tree wey dey there, u go just hit Faculty of Arts / mosque for the other side. Was easy for me to get to pharmacy that way via mosque- chapel- conference centre - staff club = pharmacy. Anyways, sad to read this! I'm sure Tedder will bounce back stronger.
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by rafcrown(m): 7:12pm On May 31, 2013
@Lilboots.You are perfectly correct about that illegal route.I am proud and happy to be GREATEST TEDDERITE.TEDDER HALL WILL SHINE AND RISE AGAIN.I trust greatessst Tedddeerrriteees all over the world.NO PLACE,NO HALL lIKE TEDDER HALL,BABA GBOGBO WON.AKERE KORO.
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by HarvardGrad: 7:22pm On May 31, 2013
Yeepa, I hope Robinson was not burnt with the shop o. I still recall his 'risky burger" and phone for making calls.

chai Robinson chop my money well well. I would leave Bello to come and make calls in Tedder (N20/min then). I carry all my allowance call Ogonma finish yet she no gree grin

I swear I can still remember her phone number almost 10 years after, I too call am.
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by AndreUweh(m): 7:26pm On May 31, 2013
My own Tedder hall. This is painful.
Ndo nu.
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by oc2fish: 7:31pm On May 31, 2013
Tedder hall of fame stayed there as a jambite and it was fun although I am a zikite. And remain so. All D blockite I hail u.
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by MrNigeria2(m): 7:40pm On May 31, 2013
Harvard-Grad:
Yeepa, I hope Robinson was not burnt with the shop o. I still recall his 'risky burger" and phone for making calls.

chai Robinson chop my money well well. I would leave Bello to come and make calls in Tedder (N20/min then). I carry all my allowance call Ogonma finish yet she no gree grin

I swear I can still remember her phone number almost 10 years after, I too call am.

change ur moniker from harvard grad to tedder grad lol
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Lilboots(m): 7:52pm On May 31, 2013
Harvard-Grad:

@Harvard Grad, so u dey leave Bello come Tedder come make call even though that business centre wey attach themselves to swimming pool dey there. And old boy, dem dey sell wicked beans and bread for those buka wey dey near that swimming pool. UI was d place to be. grin
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 31, 2013
I was a kutite but spent most of my time in Sultan Bello hall. Had maximum fun there.

I remember wedding receptions that were held in Bello dome. Na so we go dress up, go the dome and sidon like wedding reception guests. Na so dem go dey serve us food, drinks and every. Chai, good old days grin
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 31, 2013
Atigba talaye ti daye, kosomo Indy to so riburuku. Proudly Katangite.
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by funshint(m): 8:16pm On May 31, 2013
pDude:

But Kuti's bread and egg was the best. Remember aunty Odun, the fat girl? I liked her bread a lot.
Hmmmn Kuti burger!!!

1 Like

Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by vet707(m): 8:17pm On May 31, 2013
Royaldee:

That's true and correct. But he was known as Baba Toyin b4 he came up wt Baba Klass idea....I can recount the story wella!

Lilboots:

@Harvard Grad, so u dey leave Bello come Tedder come make call even though that business centre wey attach themselves to swimming pool dey there. And old boy, dem dey sell wicked beans and bread for those buka wey dey near that swimming pool. UI was d place to be. grin
Royaldee:

Tedder hall was the only hall dat runs a 24 hrs buttery service way back 2004- 2007. This was courtesy Robinson & Iya Seun then. It was so much a blessing then especially for we night crawlers. Also around that time Baba Toyin now known as Baba klass was at SUB before he came to Tedder.
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Gistben: 8:26pm On May 31, 2013
Where de students dem been de na? Na dem supose quench d fire b4 dos useless fire service rank and file begin come na
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Thermythorpe(f): 8:58pm On May 31, 2013
Gistben: Where de students dem been de na? Na dem supose quench d fire b4 dos useless fire service rank and file begin come na
Most students had gone home... Finished exams few weeks ago...only Few pple are still in schl
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 31, 2013
vet707:

Tedder hall was the only hall dat runs a 24 hrs buttery service way back 2004- 2007. This was courtesy Robinson & Iya Seun then. It was so much a blessing then especially for we night crawlers. Also around that time Baba Toyin now known as Baba klass was at SUB before he came to Tedder.

True. Bread with fried egg in between while driving to social science/law to read was fun.

1 Like

Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by olaezebala: 9:36pm On May 31, 2013
this post is hidden

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff / Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) / Olanrewaju Fagbohun Celebrates His 50th Birthday: A Nairalander Gave Him Artwork

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.