Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects (11319 Views)

RiversRerun: NYSC Confirms Killing Of A Corper During Election / NYSC Personal CDS Projects By Ayokanmi Oyeyemi / Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by mukina2: 1:28pm On May 31, 2013
A CORPER IN NEED OF YOUR NOBLE ASSISTANCE IN PUBLISHING HIS PERSONAL CDS PROJECTS

I Am Corper Francis Chidozie Okoye with State Code KW/12B/0069 and Phone Number 08032969195, from Anambra State. A 2012 Batch-B Corps Member, Presently Serving in OFFA Grammar School OFFA, Kwara State, but will be Passing out on the 6th of June 2013.

I executed Eleven (11) Community Development Service Projects during my Service Year; which had direct impact on the community where I served.

Single-handedly, I constructed a Motorized BoreHole, Renovated NYSC Building, Constructed 20ft by 6ft Directional Bill Board and Constructed an Executive Peacock Bird (Okin bird) at Owode market Traffic
Junction,which is seen as the symbol and Pride of Offa Kingdom, and so many others.

As a corps member, I strongly believe that you have passed through this road some time in the pass, and you already know and understand where am coming from.

Serving in Kwara State is not as comfortable as other States, because the Government and PPA don’t pay Corpers.

We are only dependent on our federal monthly allowance, which is not even enough at the end of the day. I can’t really say how I had my way, to put up all this projects, because I suffered a lot of insults and humiliation from members of the community and corps members. After the commissioning, I could not boost of feeding money, because I ran dry, trying to put up this projects.

My dreams and vision is to put a smile on the faces of less privileged ones in the community and by the special grace of God; it was achieved.

Please, in the spirit of service, I humbly appeal for your assistance in publishing my Story, 'YOUTH CORPER EXECUTED 2.5MILLION NAIRA PROJECTS IN OFFA KWARA STATE' edited by a Radio Reporter who was present during the commissioning on the 14th May 2013 at OFFA Local Government Secretariat Hall.

Mr. Okoye Francis Chidozie hails from Abatete in Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State. A Graduate of Electrical Electronics Engineering, Anambra State University Uli; Posted to OFFA Grammar School, OFFA Kwara State for his Compulsory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Program.

Piqued by the absence of some social facilities and the passion to be outstanding and truly fulfill the fundamental purpose of his service year, he decided to write his name in gold and leave his footprints in the sands of time with laudable CDS Projects which had direct impact on the entire community like

-Construction of a Motorized Bore Hole at Owode market Offa.*

-Renovation of NYSC Building (Secretariat) Offa Local Government.*

-Construction of 20ft/6ft Directional Bill Board that bears “welcome to
Owode market Offa”.

-Construction of Executive Peacock Bird (Okin bird) at Owode market Police
Traffic Junction.

- Donation of 2000 writing materials to six selected primary schools in Offa
Local Government.

-Donation one hundred pieces of treated Mosquito nets to one hundred
families in Offa rural area

-(Net-A-Child Project).

-Donation of one hundred Pairs of school sandals to five selected Primary
schools in Offa.*

- Donation of one hundred WAEC Recommended Novels (blind trust) and one
hundred Pens to one hundred (100) SS1 students in Offa Grammar School (his
PPA) that performed excellently (85 above) in the computer studies
examination he taught in seven classes.

-Organized Quiz Competition Among all NYSC CDS Groups in Offa LGA at Okin
Fm Radio Station Offa.

-Trained Less Privileged Mothers in Offa on Skills Acquisition, on how to
Bake Cake, Chin-Chin, Donut, Fish Roll, Egg Roll, Meat Pea & Buns; and
Empowered them with Coal Pot, Baking Flower and a Bottle of Vegetable Oil
(One For Each Person).

-Enumerated one hundred Families in Offa LGA, through MDG United Nations
“My World Global Survey”.

This gesture attracted an Award of Excellency and a Cash Reward of N50,000 to Corper Francis, From OFFA Local Government. Recommendation Letters from OFFA Descendant Union, His Royal Majesty, the Olofa of Offa, Owode Market Traders Association, OFFA Grammar School, Igbo Community Association Offa and OFFA Local Government Secretariat. Commendations, from Community Leaders, Government Agencies, Corporate Organizations around and Officials of the NYSC.

Those present at the Commissioning were full of praises to the 25-Year-old Corper because he has demonstrated that even amid a generation that is selfish, greedy with common trait of a Me-First attitude, there are some individual who may not occupy any political or economic office but determined to make use of their personal resources to put smiles on the faces of people they encounter or even people in any environment they find themselves. Such may not be born with a silver spoon in their mouth, but an innate quality to impact positively on the lives of people coupled with determination and focus that drives them on.

Against this backdrop, the initiatives of Mr. Francis Okoye, With Registration Number KW/12B/0069 is worth considering.

This noble idea of a selfless youth should be encouraged with not just Verbal Commendations but with State, National and International Awards. The time, money and energy this Second Class Upper Degree (Elect Elect Eng.) holder from Anambra State University Uli could have been channeled into personal programs or that which will benefit his nuclear and extended families or even better him lots in lives but for his humane nature, decided to develop a community where he spent just 11 to 12 months.

The communities that are benefiting from these projects should as matters of necessity encourage him with a Traditional Title that will encourage others to do same.

He spoke with the Press and promised never to give up in rendering social services to people wherever he goes, not minding the inherent challenges. He advised other youths to be selfless and always contribute their quota to the development of their communities and the nation alike.

Without being Preemptive, we are optimistic that Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmen, the Executive Governor of Kwara State and the Presidency will honour this Hard Working Man for his heroic and outstanding projects.

He appreciated his Sponsors, Contributors and Advisers. .

He also appreciated the people that guided and directed him all through his stay in Kwara State. In his words, “They made me feel at home even when am not home”. He is so grateful to the Management and Staff of NYSC Secretariat Ilorin.

Finally, he remained indebted to his parents Chief and Mrs. Christopher Okoye, His Siblings Ebele Okoye, Nkeiruka Okoye, Somtochukwu Okoye and Ogechukwu Okoye for their endless Love, Prayers and Encouragement.”

Yours Brother In Service.

Corper Okoye Chidozie Francis

Kw/12B/0069 (Batch-B)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by Acidosis(m): 1:40pm On May 31, 2013
hmmn... Good Work, Sir

But did you do all these because of the recognition?

Philanthropy etymologically means "love of humanity" in the sense of caring for, nourishing, developing, and enhancing both the benefactor and the beneficiary.
Real philantropists despise publicity.
Not the Nigerian type of philantropists who spend 10million on bill boards, placards and T-shirts, for a donation less than 1million naira.

Do I need to remind you that alot of corpers and even undergraduates have done same (and more) without any media attention?

Anyway, you've contributed your quota and God will surely reward your selfless efforts. God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by nitrogen(m): 1:45pm On May 31, 2013
Where is Jarus?? undecided
Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by Masanto: 1:47pm On May 31, 2013
Can we see pics of some of your projects?

1 Like

Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 31, 2013
And so what?

Are you the 1st person to do good?

You should not seek personal recognition for acts of philanthropy....other wise people would be worshiping Warren Buffet and Bill Gates right now!

3 Likes

Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by aminho(m): 1:49pm On May 31, 2013
I will brief the SGF about what you did to our dear country
Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by delors(m): 1:49pm On May 31, 2013
Good work chukwudi...but can we see pictures of the works done pls? Sighting is confirming! cool

1 Like

Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by nitrogen(m): 1:50pm On May 31, 2013
Acidosis: hmmn... Good Work, Sir

Not the Nigerian type of philantropists who spend 10million on bill boards, placards and T-shirts, for a donation less than 1million naira.

Anyway, you've contributed your quota and God will surely reward your selfless efforts. God bless you.

Exactly, it is GOD that will reward him, forget about public recognition, believe me, when it is his time to be recognised throughout, nothing can stop it.

So Mr Chidozie from Anambra, gboju joooor!
Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by israelboy1(m): 1:50pm On May 31, 2013
Hmm, well u hv done a great job
it calls for no alarm
if it were to be true u did all this
then dont bother letting ur left hand know what u hv done
coming to nairaland only will discourage u
just becos of the comments u will receive
y nt do ur best nd ignore the praises
with all what u hv counted down,
i dnt think its a new thing
seeking for a chief title burnt all the praises i kept in mind for u
cant u do something nd neglect the praises?

Well, its is meritorious, but should nt be publicized,
things done secretly shall be rewarded openly.
Thats the secret of this life

Jah bless

1 Like

Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by tellwisdom: 1:52pm On May 31, 2013
Yours Brother In Service.

You are not my brother, i know my brothers undecided

4 Likes

Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by fujirice: 1:54pm On May 31, 2013
Why is he telling us all this? Me thinks he thought this is a shortcut to some political appointment or something........ some strategy sha!
Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by AlabiMary(f): 1:55pm On May 31, 2013
WELL BROTHER GOD IS UR STRENGTH wink wink
Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by delors(m): 1:56pm On May 31, 2013
Oh! So u even got N50k from Offa govt? Nice. Before Boko Haram started in 2008, I started an elementary school in Maiduguri (Lagos Road) teaching almajiris free for 2 hours 3 days of the week...I bought free exercise books and I designed small text books (with nice pictures for them) about 23 of them...I hired some hausa guys to help with the language thing and setting. I brought a big box of vests (The ones used in private schools for inter house sports and stuffs), shipped it from lagos to Maiduguri (and luxurious bus guys almost collected every money I had in this world), distributed these cloths to the almajiris. They were happy! And I was happy!
On some saturdays, i prepared rice for those boys...and even some of their mama wey stroll come chop self.
At the school i was teaching, I helped with somany projects, basically funded by my money...
But i thank God that I did all these for humanity...I feel proud and humbled and fulfilled because if i could do that there, I can do even better in the nearest future. Watch out, i am working towards that.
Goodluck Mr Chidozie. Nigeria loves u.

4 Likes

Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by aquabeing: 1:59pm On May 31, 2013
I will say kudos to you for executing all the above listed projects and putting smiles on people of the community faces but wondering if its motivated by public recognition or are you gearing towards politics?
Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by onyeego(m): 2:01pm On May 31, 2013
Acidosis: hmmn... Good Work, Sir

Don't make me laugh my friend.
This young man was a blessing to the community he served and all u
can say is that he seeks publicity?

Yes he has every right to be recognized for his selfless service.
If people like you and I did half of what this young man is doing during our service years,Nigeria would have been a better place.
Stop been a pessimist, applaud this great Nigerian he deserved to be honored.

Op, I will be happy to give every support.

3 Likes

Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by dfolan: 2:01pm On May 31, 2013
if what u did for the community is for recognition so that people will praise you, then you shall have it and that is reward you shall have is PRAISES. which is better reward from God or men, the choice is yours
Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by demmy55(m): 2:03pm On May 31, 2013
You don't have to publish it. Just send me your call-up number and state code, I'll recommend you for national merit award.

embarassed
Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by Elvin247(m): 2:03pm On May 31, 2013
hmmm
Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by demmy55(m): 2:03pm On May 31, 2013
embarassed
Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by AK481(m): 2:04pm On May 31, 2013
Let only those who did better than him speak against him( list the pessimists above me).if you consumed your alawi during nyysc and u want to claim itk here thereby discouraging him,.....holy ghost.....fire!
Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by dulphines: 2:09pm On May 31, 2013
onye ego:
Don't make me laugh my friend.
This young man was a blessing to the community he served and all u
can say is that he seeks publicity?

Yes he has every right to be recognized for his selfless service.
If people like you and I did half of what this young man is doing during our service years,Nigeria would have been a better place.
Stop been a pessimist, applaud this great Nigerian he deserved to be honored.

Op, I will be happy to give every support.

Ok, we will honor him. By the powers conferred on me, i hereby honor him as A Member of the Order of Niger (MON) This 31st Day of May, 2013 for his selfless service to humanity.
Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by ohiza: 2:12pm On May 31, 2013
D truth is pple now do dis CDS tin 2 gain recognition by d Govt,..so dey will either be employed or giving ramson,.....individuals want 2 spoil/change d name of CDS 2 personal Instress(PI).....d aim of d project nids 2 be knw before awards are bin Givin
Fake corp man with Number KW/12B/0069,...leave ur legacy deir and get remembered by d offa pple and deir prayers shall be with U,..not all dis ur stylish tins,...Tank U all

1 Like

Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by Adanyebe(m): 2:12pm On May 31, 2013
NEITHER GOODLUCK NOR ANY TOP POLITICIAN IS A MEMMBER OF THIS FORUM.... SO I WONDER WHAT THE PLEA WOULD YIELD...

ANYWAY GOODLUCK MR. COPPER
Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by nitrogen(m): 2:15pm On May 31, 2013
ohiza: D truth is pple now do dis CDS tin 2 game recognition by d Govt,..so dey will either be employed or giving ramson,.....individuals want 2 spoil d name of CDS 2 personal Instress(PI).....d aim of d project nids 2 be knw before awards are bin Givin
Fake corp man with Number KW/12B/0069,...leave ur legacy deir and get remembered by d offa pple and deir prayers shall be with U,..not all dis ur stylish tins,...Tank U all

Mehn! You murdered English language here o.

Good input anyway.

1 Like

Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by ohiza: 2:20pm On May 31, 2013
Ma Guy @nitrogen nah spellin error Boss,..base on ma high level of anger
Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by collynzo2(m): 2:24pm On May 31, 2013
What exactly do you want? You are not the first to carry out a CDS project and your post makes it seem like you used your personal money.
Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by victorazy(m): 2:26pm On May 31, 2013
Nwaoke ibukwa nwa-afor Igbo? Nndi nna nna anyi mere iberi ibe u wan follow them. Umunna gi no without mmiri etc an ur here executing 2m project. Go and cry for their state gov not here cuz I wont help.

3 Likes

Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 31, 2013
I com dey pity u, heyaah sorry... So u believe this NYSC crap, as for me i'll help those I can when I can and when its convinient. Bt no one should expect anyone to use his or her money to develop a community as a corper(except u wanrt recognition and recomendations of course), and that was ur instruction.
So don't come hear publicizing ur glorious accomplishment cos its personnal and wld remain personnal.
Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by SOHKAHTOA: 2:36pm On May 31, 2013
I think the shap should be encouraged. I would have loved to render some piece of advice but don't know if the said corps member is a nairalander?. I was once in this shoe. Corp members embark on personnnal CDS for recognition and maybe if lucky enough the NYSC presidential merit award which GEJ made lot better on assuming power. The motive is not important and he deserve the publicity because that is what the NYSC projects are about in order to spur others to make some contributions towards developing their fatherland. Imagine if 20% of the serving corps members could take such initiatives if palpable social and societal improvement won't be evident. The problem with Nigeria is that the reward system is low and intentions are easily misconstrueded. I was a batch B , 2011 in one of the states in the north central. I built and donated a primary health centre, renovated, reequipped and introduced some essential health services in another, renovated and expanded the local govt council corp members lodge, massive deworming program for some pry school pupils as well as mosquito nets distribution to kids and preg women. With other corp doctors we embarked on free medical and surgical services to the rural poor in almost eight(cool local government areas( logistically supported by the state govt), etc. but I left service year depressed because I didn't get what I initially expected and most of the money I would have used to improve on myself was used for these community service. The local govt was irresponsible and not co operating but the local communities tried in their little way by volunteering their time, energy and little resources( I understand they are poor). Though I got a state Honour's award, job offer was not made( though i might have turned it down because i needed to relocate ) and hoping that I could make the presidential merit award which even after one year nothing is being heard. In all I am fulfilled I did what I did. I didn't feel this way initially but I have moved on and God has not disappointed me.
I will admonish the corp member to keep close tab on the state CDS dept, work closely with his LI and ZI to ensure that he is not shortchanged. I know the politics with NYSC projects. In as much as they try to be fair but you can't rule out the human factor and sentiments. It happened to me and if not for proactiveness, maybe my works wouldn't have gotten to the NYSC headquarters. NTA and a local daily was invited for my commissioning and I made move to have my work published on the NYSC national gazzets ( didn't follow it up upon realization that reward comes from God only), hence I will advise him not to kill himself on getting these works on the media but should secure his work with documented evidence with backups. Maintain a good rapport with the CDs dept in your state and have somebody among the top ranking officials in the state who could protect your interest. Ensure your work is published in your PAssing out magazine and press it on the director of public relations to forward to the national PRO. Once it is captured on the national gazzets, you are done with your aim.
Try to know what others are doing( though not too necessary now considering the time). If you can be among the first 2 or 3 in your batch, you might be selected as a nominee for the presidential award.
God bless your handwork.

6 Likes

Re: A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects by Arrosoft: 2:46pm On May 31, 2013
Ehya tank u so much, dats my mum‘s home town. Just passing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi / NCCF Kano Distributes Relief Materials To Rural Areas In Kano / The 2013 NYSC PRESIDENT HONOURS' AWARD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.