Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Presidency Jittery Over Obasanjo’s Stance On Lamido - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Jittery Over Obasanjo’s Stance On Lamido (715 Views)

Dasuki: Changing Stance On Arms Deal, 2014 & 2015.. Pix Attached.. / PDP Jittery Over Six Arrested INEC Staff In Abia / Apc Jittery Over The Achievement Of The Army And Government - Aljazeera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Jittery Over Obasanjo’s Stance On Lamido by dkolu(m): 1:29pm On May 31, 2013
The joy of the Presidency over the success of the mid-term assessment was cut short with former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s endorsement of Jigawa State Governor Sule Lamido, one of the speculated presidential aspirants of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at that state’s economic submit on Wednesday. Obasanjo who boycotted the Democracy Day activities reportedly presented Lamido as a preferred option to President Goodluck.

According to an informed Presidency source, while Obasanjo was speaking in Jigawa, he was monitored by two presidential aides who reportedly briefed President Jonathan. The brief was said to have angered Jonathan who was said to have summoned the chairman, Board of Trustees, PDP, Chief Tony Anenih, the chairman of the party, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, his chief of staff, Mike Ogiadomen and a few others where they deliberated on the arsenal coming from Obasanjo camp.

“The meeting was held on the Red Carpet and President Jonathan could not hide his disappointment in former President Obasanjo. He was said to have asked what does this man want again? But after a while, both Tukur and Anenih calmed him down and Anenih volunteered to intervene in the matter by meeting Obasanjo in Ota before the week runs out,” the source disclosed. - http://leadership.ng/news/310513/presidency-jittery-over-obasanjo-s-stance-lamido

hmmmmm what success was jonathan celebrating in the first place. well the race for 2015 is getting more interesting.i know that Nigerians will be more wiser this time no more sympathy vote.
Re: Presidency Jittery Over Obasanjo’s Stance On Lamido by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 31, 2013
Once I see Leadership as source, I always pass....I am passing this too.
Re: Presidency Jittery Over Obasanjo’s Stance On Lamido by Chanchit: 2:36pm On May 31, 2013
@Mr BillyonaireI watched the summit and its true, I can't believe I watched Obasanjo speak for almost an hour, you would think he's a comedian. But I can't watch Oga GEJ speak for 5mins I will only do that if I want to sleep.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Rivers' Lawmakers To Evans Bipi : You Are An Impostor / Drama In Court, As Freed Prison Inmate Refuses To Go…says He Prefers Prison / Governnor Seriake Dickson Appoints Mbgn 2013 S.A On Culture And Tourism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.