Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,171 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

LIFE Without Gaming: - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / LIFE Without Gaming: (1031 Views)

Gaming Online Using Your Phone As A Hotspot. / Is OUYA The End Of Playstation, Nintendo And Xbox Gaming Domination? / Building A Gaming Pc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LIFE Without Gaming: by 9ineGames: 7:34pm On May 31, 2013
I always knew that books are not the end of everything. Returning from school everyday to continue with another book was no fun at all. It was equivalent to fasting with Ghandi for several days without hope of it ending. I wish that something could just rescue me from such damnation. Yes...I called it damnation. Then one day a new redemption came.
My parents--especially my mother--had warned me against video games. How dangerous they are to one who is always playing it. I had always believed it until Lanre came to my school.
He is also a brilliant boy who sees fun in everything. I quickly took to him. More to that, he is also intelligent. We became friends without much wasting of time. We spent time together in our studies.
One day he invited me to his house. I never visited anyone from my school. But this was an exemption I wanted to make. The first thing I noticed in his room when we arrived was the video game gallantly balanced on his T.V stand.
He asked if I could play of which I replied him that it was a taboo to me.
He only laughed and invited me to join him. After teaching me the basics, I learnt quickly. But what confused me was how he balanced his studies with playing games. He told me he assigned not more than 1hr 30mins to his game. I was joyed at this. The tension of studies I always experienced suddenly dropped as I found a way to relief this with Lanre after school. My studies improved as my brain have to be involved in logic while playing games. Today even still in the university, I found games really interesting. What would have my life been without it? I don't know but nevertheless, it all fun!!!
*share your experience
-Credits Tony 9ineGames Entertainment
Re: LIFE Without Gaming: by ichidodo: 3:40pm On Jun 01, 2013
As a young boi who's got a low attention span, is always restless with itchy fingers and a rovin brain, I find gamin an opium without which i mght have killed myself lolz. Even in my old age,i still find gaming a relevance in my daily activities especially the strategy genre. The fact that am financially independent and i have good problem solvin skills owes it to playing Ages Of Empire at an impressionable age, hell i still play it in the office
Re: LIFE Without Gaming: by Kaycee7(m): 6:55pm On Jun 01, 2013
I grew up playing video games at friends' houses. From there to gamehouses. I bought Sega twice in my SS1. It wasn't until after my SS3 that I bought my PS2. It was like a lifetime achievement. Looking 4wd to gettin a PS3 soon. Just can't imagine my life without gaming.
Re: LIFE Without Gaming: by 9ineGames: 8:48pm On Jun 01, 2013
hahah @ichi still gaming in the office grin ;Dhope your boss does not catch you sha and @ kaycee abt getting ps3(why don't u wait and see if you would be able to afford ps4)or check out our site when we launch Sept 09(we help reduce price)
Re: LIFE Without Gaming: by Kaycee7(m): 12:26am On Jun 02, 2013
9ineGames: hahah @ichi still gaming in the office grin ;Dhope your boss does not catch you sha and @ kaycee abt getting ps3(why don't u wait and see if you would be able to afford ps4)or check out our site when we launch Sept 09(we help reduce price)
Comments on PS4 backward compatibility is not encouraging. Thats y I want to play PS3 b4 playing PS4.
Re: LIFE Without Gaming: by 9ineGames: 4:05am On Jun 02, 2013
^^
haha*its ok!!!(we hope to inspire game developers in Africa to build games for Africans)its high time we have our own console and playable high tech games(note*not talking about flash games) cheesy cheesy
-the journey starts Sept 09
Re: LIFE Without Gaming: by ichidodo: 3:55pm On Jun 04, 2013
Kaycee7:
Comments on PS4 backward compatibility is not encouraging. Thats y I want to play PS3 b4 playing PS4.
i am going to start all over again.... Ps2 build me an extensive game library, then Ps3 build also a very vast game repertoire then on to Ps 4...... We can go on and on.

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Joypad X700 For Sale / Your Best Tom Clancy Games / Ps2 Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.