Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,982 members, 7,866,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:07 PM

Ex Microsoft Windows Chief: I Was Right To Dump The Start Button - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ex Microsoft Windows Chief: I Was Right To Dump The Start Button (694 Views)

Is Shutting Down Via The Computer's Power Button Really Safe? / First Leaked Windows 8.1 Screenshot Distinctly Shows A Start Button / Windows 8.1 Will Bring Back The Start Button (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ex Microsoft Windows Chief: I Was Right To Dump The Start Button by vowiski(m): 8:38pm On May 31, 2013
Alot has been said about Microsoft's decision to remove the start button entirely from it's new version of Windows operating system; Windows 8. The company has reacted to critics and plan on re-introducing the Start menu in a upgrade version of Windows 8. Window 8.1 will have Windows 8 logo placed on the left side of the task bar but it won't be the conventional start button that everyone has been screaming for. Rather, the Windows 8.1 start button will take users to the startup screen.

Steven Sinfosky, former Windows Chief spoke at the Wall St Jouranl's D11 yesterday where he revealed his happiness for killing-off the "most wanted start menu"

“It's hard for me to look at selling 100 million of something and not be happy.” Sinfosky exclaimed while participating in a Q&A session with
http://www.thatnaijablog.com/2013/05/why-windows-8-start-button-was-removed.html

(1) (Reply)

Where To Buy Used Laptops Dat Are Working Perfectly In Benin City... / 1GB Of MTN Data For N1,400 / My Laptop Is Nt Playing Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.