Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,458 members, 7,846,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:11 AM

Job Chapter 1 Vs 6 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Job Chapter 1 Vs 6 (2251 Views)

There Is Always Job Chapter 42 In Our Life / What Actually Happened Before Genesis Chapter 1??? / Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Chapter 1 Vs 6 by Nobody: 12:54am On Jun 05, 2013
Oahray: the context of John 3:13 shows it was in reference to humans. Some translations even render it "No MAN..." instead of "no ONE". No human has ascended into heaven, but what of spirit creatures? In the Bible, angels used to come down to earth to deliver messages. Didn't they ascend back? Therein lies your answer. Satan isn't human. In any case, The events of the gospel of John preceeds the prophecies of Revelations (that foretells Satan's expulsion).

About the meeting, read Job 1:6 again. Satan entered in among them, uninvited. So God did not arrange a meeting with Satan as you implied.

Woah, come back here, soldier

What are you saying?

What does an angel's ability to deliver earthly message have to do with Satan's presence in heaven? Are you telling me that God came to earth?

Passage said that angels CAME to present themselves before the Lord......CAME.
Re: Job Chapter 1 Vs 6 by Oahray: 1:39am On Jun 05, 2013
From_Guiriga:

I understand.
Satan is a spirit right? Don't a spirit need a flesh to manifest itself?

Thanks in advance.
to a human, yes. To another spirit, no.
Re: Job Chapter 1 Vs 6 by Oahray: 1:42am On Jun 05, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Woah, come back here, soldier

What are you saying?

What does an angel's ability to deliver earthly message have to do with Satan's presence in heaven? Are you telling me that God came to earth?

Passage said that angels CAME to present themselves before the Lord......CAME.

lol. I actually wrote that in response to an opinion someone expressed about a certain other passage.
Re: Job Chapter 1 Vs 6 by Oahray: 2:07am On Jun 05, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Wait, didnt his falling resulted in his expulsion from heaven or were they two separate events?

So assuming that Satan (an INTENTIONAL sinner) still occupied heaven after his transgression (according to the Rev), does that mean a sinner can occupy the vicinity of God in heaven?
a) The Bible depicts them as separate events.

b) It's more of "having access to" than "occupying" heaven. The latter expression seems to imply a permanent stay, as opposed to joining the sons of God in their gathering,uninvited, on those occasions as the book of Job puts it, or being around to "accuse the brethren" before their God, according to Revelations. In any case, they (Satan and other rebellious angels) were soon cast out, and nowhere was found anymore for them in heaven. Back to your question. I'd say.... No.
Re: Job Chapter 1 Vs 6 by FromGuiriga(m): 3:23am On Jun 05, 2013
Oahray: to a human, yes. To another spirit, no.

Give thanks for the reasoning.
So the spirit of the adversary can dwell inside man? Then a human can see him/it, no?
Is not this what Jesus saw in Peter when he told him "Get behind me Satan"? Which begs the question, How can the fall take place in the future?
Can we not "see" spirits by discernment?

Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Should Your First Salary Go? Your Parents Or Church? / EXCLUSIVE: 70 Sermons To Preach To Your Destiny By D. K. Olukoya - Download Here / The Gates Of HELL Will Not Prevail Or Is It HADES ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.