Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager (17530 Views)

Payment Of N5000 To Unemployed Will Be Very Difficult - FG / N5000 To Unemployed: Murray-Bruce Sad Over APC's Rejection Of Motion / Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 01, 2013
Sad: Teenager released by JTF admits being given N5000 to burn schools

It would be hard to talk about eradicating the menace of terrorism from our shores without talking about poverty. The type of poverty which pushes a young lad to burn schools because he was offered the sum of N5000.

That was the confession of one of the teenagers released by the JTF on Friday to Gov. Kashim Shettima of Borno and Ibrahim Geidam of Yobe. In all, the JTF pardoned 58 Boko Haram suspects comprising of 23 women and 35 children.

Out of the 58, twenty were released to the Borno governor. They comprised of six women and fourteen children who were arrested between 2012 and 2013. They are expected to be rehabilitated and reintegrated into the society.

According to the document of their release: “The children are between the ages of 9 and 15 years. The 20 detainees were mostly arrested in Maiduguri, Bama in Borno and Damaturu in Yobe State.

“The six freed women include Hajjia Zainab Mohammed (40); Hajjia Karagama Mohammed (55); Hajjia Zari Mohammed (40); Aishatu Mohammed Aji (62); Hadiza Ahmad (40) and Yakaka Goni Habib (16).

“The 14 children include Abba Modu Aji (10); Mohammed Musa (12); Ibrahim Mohammed (15); Umar Bukar (1)5; Mustapha Umaru (14); Bashir Ali (12); Musa Grema (13); Abba Mohammed (14); Baba Alhaji (13); AbdulAziz Umar (14); Ari Masa’a (14); Bayi Mustapha (14); Mohammed Ibrahim (14) and Alhaji Goni (14).”

Most of the women released claimed innocence. One of them, Aishatu Mohammed Aji (62), said she was arrested because of her son’s involvement. She said that her son was still at large. However, military sources said that the woman was regularly keeping guns for her son after he carried out attacks.

According to a source, “There was drama at the council chambers venue of the handover when three children revealed that some sect members recruited them mostly to gather information, especially to bring report on troop movement and behaviour of soldiers at duty posts.

“We were taken to Damaturu. We watched out for the soldiers at their units and reported back to them. We were reporting when soldiers were at ease or enjoying themselves and when they were off guard, and we were paid for doing that.”

One of the teenagers also revealed that they were paid N5, 000 and provided with fuel in kegs to set schools ablaze in Maiduguri .

He said: “We were given a keg of petrol by our bosses to set some schools ablaze, which we did within Maiduguri, and we were paid N5, 000.”

One of the children also revealed that he was usually sent to steal clothes from houses for use by insurgents.

“They, however, said after they were arrested and interrogated by the men of the JTF, they volunteered information that led to the arrest or killing in gun battle of their pay masters.

“The three boys also said they were in Almajiri schools. They, however, said they were willing to be enrolled into formal education to be combined with Islamic education, with a pledge to be of good behaviour.”

According to reports:

The Commander, 21 Armoured Brigade, Maiduguri, Brig. Gen. Bamigboye, who did the handing over, said he was acting on behalf of the Chief of Defence Staff, Admiral Saad Ibrahim, following President Goodluck Jonathan’s directive to the army.

He explained that the detainees were arrested in connection with their roles in the insurgency.

The Special Adviser on Media and Communication to the Governor of Borno State, Alhaji Isa Gusau, confirmed the release of the 58 detainees last night.

Gusau said: “Governor Shettima presented fabrics to the pardoned detainees to assist them. He noted that with the President’s offer, they were like every innocent Nigerian so long as they remained of good behaviour.

He quoted the governor as saying: “We most sincerely thank Mr. President for his magnanimity for releasing our sisters and children. This marks a milestone in our quest for peace through a dialogue and to restore normalcy.

“We will do our part by ensuring that they are integrated into the larger society after rehabilitation to become better citizens.

“The Federal Government has shown commitment by releasing these women and children under detention. We would admit the women into our vocational training centres for rehabilitation.

“As for the children, we are going to hand them over to the Ministry of Women Affairs and social welfare. We will advertise for their parents to come and claim them after they might have signed a written undertaking to inculcate good behaviour and to enroll them in schools.”

Gusau added: “The governor also said for each released child that is enrolled in school, their parents would get N10, 000 for 30 days of uninterrupted stay in school

“He said it is a foreign model that he is borrowing as a campaign to boost education. The governor also urged the women to turn a new leaf and not walk back to the wrong alley. He commended the security agents for keeping the detainees hale and hearty.

“He assured that the state government wiould do everything to rehabilitate them to be better citizens, promising that the women wiould be trained at the various vocational training centres in the state to acquire skills, while the children would be sent to schools.”

Source
Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by mascot87(m): 9:08am On Jun 01, 2013
Another good one from Mr President,he meant well for the northerners,hope they will appreciate it.I know quite well that the boko haram cult group are cowards using innocent children to carryout there evil act,I thought there aren't afraid to die and wish to go and dine with the 72 virgins in hell.Bokoharm,get ready to dance azonto with the devil Thumbs up for you grand commander of the federal republic of Nigeria. angry

18 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by CLASSMAN: 9:44am On Jun 01, 2013
SOME BODY CARRYING PLATE UP AND DOWN BEGGING TO GET LITTLE DROP OF FOOD, SOME BODY NOW CALLS HIM AND SAID HE WILL GIVE HIM N5000, DONT U THINK HE WILL DO ANY THING FOR THAT?

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by Foodconsumer(m): 12:53pm On Jun 01, 2013
CLASSMAN: SOME BODY CARRYING PLATE UP AND DOWN BEGGING TO GET LITTLE DROP OF FOOD, SOME BODY NOW CALLS HIM AND SAID HE WILL GIVE HIM N5000, DONT U THINK HE WILL DO ANY THING FOR THAT?
sure.. Poverty is one of the tool the insurgence is using to perpetrate their evil cause.. If their governors could tackle this, it eases everything...
Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by homerac7: 1:16pm On Jun 01, 2013
Gusau added: “The governor also said for each released child that is enrolled in school, their parents would get N10, 000 for 30 days of uninterrupted stay in school

Am I the only one seeing this anomaly? So what happens to millions of other disenfranchesed kids that have so far behaved well by not being mini-terrorists?

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 01, 2013
homerac7:

Am I the only one seeing this anomaly? So what happens to millions of other disenfranchesed kids that have so far behaved well by not being mini-terrorists?
the governor's gesture is not bad. Would you choose to become mad because of the rice,milk and fried chickens served at the rehabitation centers?? The man is trying to ignite passion in the kids and their parents so as to drag them away from evil

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by gramci: 1:33pm On Jun 01, 2013
It has nothing to do with poverty! Michael Adebolajo isn't poor, micheal adewale isn't poor, muttalab isn't poor, fawiz (amigo supermarket owner) isn't poor.

If poverty fuels terrorism, how come we don't have christian terrorist?

Secondly, terrorist can't be rehabilitated, a terrorist will remain a terrorist alive or dead.

I still believe that the only way out of the mess is through summary execution, the world don't need them.

23 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 01, 2013
homerac7:

They should try their luck next time.
Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 01, 2013
Food_consumer: sure.. Poverty is one of the tool the insurgence is using to perpetrate their evil cause.. If their governors could tackle this, it eases everything...

Poverty on its own does not explain the actions of the insurgent-child.
If any meaningful discussion is to be advanced on this subject, all contributory factors (culture, religion, the lack of awareness, ...) would have to be examined holistically.

6 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by Youngzedd(m): 2:30pm On Jun 01, 2013
Let them ban this useless Almajiri system now!

If any parents found not taking care of their children should be sent to jail.

Just because of ordinary 5k, millions of Naira will be burnt down including souls. And someone is telling me that it's not the cause of poverty^3.

David Mark what are we still waiting for about this system that constitute nuisance in the society?

Enough is enough.

The northerns the game is over.

Waiti na only una like money self.

Igbo kwenu!

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by Akshow: 2:32pm On Jun 01, 2013
Imagine. He should be stoned to death
Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by coogar: 2:33pm On Jun 01, 2013
this would please the united nations and the international community!
Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by Mudash(m): 2:39pm On Jun 01, 2013
Walahi dz hausa guy dy craze...,naxo poverty dy kill dm?

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by infobiz9ja(m): 2:43pm On Jun 01, 2013
Joblessness is a contagious virus & its d BA k bone of negative happenings in Nigeria. If joblessness can be tackled then I see no reason why the youths would be lured into crime 4 a meager sum.
Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by theripper3: 2:49pm On Jun 01, 2013
So na poverty dem wan use now abi? Like say hunger no dey everywhere for naija. Wetin happen to all the food wey dem dey fumble with. Afterall, na dem dey feed the nation for their mind. Ndi oshi

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by darichlife: 2:49pm On Jun 01, 2013
The world is becoming too callous and uncaring, future leaders now destroying their very own foundation. The North has too many issues to curb especialy poverty and lack of quality and sound education,gud child upbringing.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by AbuMikey(m): 2:50pm On Jun 01, 2013
Poverty is a MENTAL DISEASE!!!
Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by jamace(m): 2:52pm On Jun 01, 2013
I hope JTF has arrested the guy who gave or promised to give this poor boy the money? And the chain of arrests should continue till the MAIN sponsors are known and arrested as well.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by Nonybb: 3:02pm On Jun 01, 2013
gramci: It has nothing to do with poverty! Michael Adebolajo isn't poor, micheal adewale isn't poor, muttalab isn't poor, fawiz (amigo supermarket owner) isn't poor.

Secondly, terrorist can't be rehabilitated, a terrorist will remain a terrorist alive or dead.

I still believe that the only way out of the mess is through summary execution, the world don't need them.
I quite definitely agree with u. Poverty is a minutiae cause of it. This ppl are caged with religious bravery coupled with mental slavery. I label them as brainwashed virgin hunters. They are muhammadean mujahadeen

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by preselect(m): 3:02pm On Jun 01, 2013
Youngzedd: Let them ban this useless Almajiri system now!

If any parents found not taking care of their children should be sent to jail

Ban wetin? Send them to which jail? Jail don full na! You don forget say dem been don arrange jail for gays and lesbians wey no hurt anybody. Una dey clap. Original criminals wey dey parade death like market are being rewarded with cash. Amnesty for boko haram wey de kill thousands of Nigerians, harassment for massob wey never kill anyone yet, jail for gays wey de go about thier own business, amnesty for MEND wey don sabotage economy tire,

Keep on clapping for National Assembly. Dem carry this gay law take cover una eyes.

Jail don full. If una want more jails, dem fit budget $40billion for 2 new jails. grin

What a country!

5 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by Kingspin(m): 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2013
Who is taking abt poverty here?are there no poverty everywhere in the country,this people are more lazy set of country even to go school that are free they prefer to catch them young only to brain wash them in-toto through religion,born as many as you like,marry as you wish for christ sake these thing is no longer relevant to this modern time,it was practice to suit the old as of that time. therefore, there is urgent need to face reality and attend thing that suit now.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by mesther96(f): 3:12pm On Jun 01, 2013
if they do evil,they say its d devil's handiwork....nw terrorism is blamed on poverty.SMH
Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by instinctg(m): 3:19pm On Jun 01, 2013
Poverty plays very little role in d terrorism carried out by islamists. The main factor has and always be the jihadist ideology . You can't believe the level of involvement by the sponsors and sympathisers of this evil islamic cause.

Too bad d world would have to live with this vultures due to the zealousness in carrying out this jihadist ideology as preached by their grandmaster .
Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by GentleNaaz(m): 3:30pm On Jun 01, 2013
Lafn In Pigi English, LIPE, hahehuhuheahaaahaha... Aboki na aboki o. Carry am go America come bk, e go stil b aboki. Weda hm dy 12yrs or 27yrs.
Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by condralbede(m): 3:35pm On Jun 01, 2013
Almageri...those are kids are something else.
Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by GentleNaaz(m): 3:37pm On Jun 01, 2013
m.esther96:
if they do evil,they say its d devil's handiwork....nw terrorism is blamed on poverty.SMH
guy, poverty go mk u do wetn u no ft do on a normal day. Hv u evr wondered y d son of ministers, commisioners, governors, Dangote n d likes r nt seen in ds knd act. Instead sons n daughters of garri sellers, corn sellers, etc r caught in act? D anwer is POVERTY. Poverty go mk u do wetn u no ft do on a normal day. U go dy answer sir to evry dude n lass. After God, i fear poverty pass satan
Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by mathskill: 3:50pm On Jun 01, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by chaloner(m): 3:52pm On Jun 01, 2013
The earlier the north start telling themselves the truth , the better for them. They should know that "tricks need updates", Their tricks can never work in this country in Jesus name. If they say its poverty, pls tell me , the food Nigerian are consuming where are they coming from? Atleast 70% from the north. Ok again, do we get the food from them for free? No we do pay for every purchase. Follow me my brothers, who are our past presidents of Nigeria? See them ....

Azikiwe
Military regime

Aguiyi-Ironsi
Gowon
Mohammed
Obasanjo
Second Republic

Shagari
Military regime

Buhari
Babangida
Shonekan(interim)*
Abacha
Abubakar
Fourth Republic

Obasanjo
Yar'Adua
Jonathan

How many north did you see Their ? Please somebody should count and tell me.. Ok now what's their problems? If the north is still poor to this extend of 5k for bombing and with this so called past leaders ... Then it shows we have jam parasites, inactive beings, nuisances , unreasonable entities, unproductive humans, leaders that lack the ability to govern but set of minds to enrich themselves ..... It shows Nigeria as a whole need to REJECT the north...call them outcast, Their leaders hav failed them period .

6 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by TechyGuy: 3:56pm On Jun 01, 2013
So is it poverty that made Almutalab try to bomb US-bound aircraft on Dec 25th(Christmas day)?
Why don't we have Christian, Buddhist, Hindu terrorists? Is it only Islam that have poor people?
From this, it means that BH members are well known members of the community. It justifies my argument.

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by gramci: 4:12pm On Jun 01, 2013
Gentle Naaz: guy, poverty go mk u do wetn u no ft do on a normal day. Hv u evr wondered y d son of ministers, commisioners, governors, Dangote n d likes r nt seen in ds knd act. Instead sons n daughters of garri sellers, corn sellers, etc r caught in act? D anwer is POVERTY. Poverty go mk u do wetn u no ft do on a normal day. U go dy answer sir to evry dude n lass. After God, i fear poverty pass satan

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab the Christmas Day bomber's father was a former chairman of Firstbank Plc. He wasn't poor by any standard.
Re: Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager by okoolori(m): 4:15pm On Jun 01, 2013
gramci: It has nothing to do with poverty! Michael Adebolajo isn't poor, micheal adewale isn't poor, muttalab isn't poor, fawiz (amigo supermarket owner) isn't poor.

u mentioned micheal ade something, does that name sounds like a muslim name? Look either you like it or not, terrorism is not only in one religion. The norway guy that went to kill a lot of students isnt a terrorist abi but an insane person. Alot of american using guns against an unarmed pupils in their schools, aint terrorisst i guess by you. pls stop this religion hatred. its only a fool that does this. Ignorant kills my fellow country m

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ben Murray-Bruce Celebrates Granddaughter's Birthday / Fani-kayode To Contest For PDP National Chairman Position / Keyamo Blames Obasanjo For Appointing ‘crackhead’ Fani-kayode Into Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.