Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? (705 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Could This Be Regarded As Sin? / Must A G.O Give Prophesy To Be Regarded As MOG ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by Prosper793: 11:55am On Jun 01, 2013
I couldn't stop pondering on this widely spread belief,after going through a bible passage that tends to contrast God's perfection:

"And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them." (Genesis 6:5-7).

God was grieved after realising some sort of flaw in his creation. His plans didn't manifest as he intended,hence his deep disappointment.

This is pretty much something one should logically look into,so as to ascertain the validity of his/her conviction.
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 01, 2013
Prosper793: I couldn't stop pondering on this widely spread belief,after going through a bible passage that tends to contrast God's perfection:

"And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them." (Genesis 6:5-7).

God was grieved after realising some sort of flaw in his creation. His plans didn't manifest as he intended,hence his deep disappointment.

This is pretty much something one should logically look into,so as to ascertain the validity of his/her conviction.

The concepts of omniscience and perfection destroyed in one verse....

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by iamdsam: 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2013
I nor know o. You nor fit ask Am
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 01, 2013
Prosper793: I couldn't stop pondering on this widely spread belief,after going through a bible passage that tends to contrast God's perfection:

Morning guy,

Why do you think the passage above undermines the perfection of God?
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 01, 2013
musKeeto:

The concepts of omniscience and perfection destroyed in one verse....

Morning Musky,

How does that passage send the reality of God's Omniscience to the trash bin?
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2013
striktlymi:

Morning Musky,

How does that passage send the reality of God's Omniscience to the trash bin?
Yawn. What's regret?
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 01, 2013
musKeeto:
Yawn. What's regret?

You haven't said anything.
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 01, 2013
striktlymi:

You haven't said anything.
Do I need to?
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 01, 2013
musKeeto:
Do I need to?

Not if don't have anything to say.
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 01, 2013
striktlymi:

Not if don't have anything to say.
I regret I posted on this thread. Time to burn it up.
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 01, 2013
musKeeto:
I regret I posted on this thread. Time to burn it up.

Is it that difficult to say how the passage opposes God's omniscience?
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 01, 2013
striktlymi:

Is it that difficult to say how the passage opposes God's omniscience?

It is more difficult to understand why you live in denial!
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

It is more difficult to understand why you live in denial!

It is very easy to understand why you cannot comprehend simple things...it's all explained in Olodoism!!!
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by Prosper793: 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2013
striktlymi:

Morning guy,

striktlymi:

Morning guy,

I must suppose you have insights to comprehend the ideas a given bible passage conveys. From the passage,God was palpably said to have grieved and repented to have created man,due to the fickle attitude of man all of a sudden.

God created man to look like him and be good(Genesis 1:30);unfortunately things never turned out to God's expectation. His creation(Man) suddenly bacame bad,which is a probable flaw.
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 01, 2013
Prosper793:

I must suppose you have insights to comprehend the ideas a given bible passage conveys. From the passage,God was palpably said to have grieved and repented to have created man,due to the fickle attitude of man all of a sudden.

God created man to look like him and be good(Genesis 1:30);unfortunately things never turned out to God's expectation. His creation(Man) suddenly bacame bad,which is a probable flaw.

You are just repeating the OP without answering the question asked...
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 01, 2013

BUT YOU ERR. THE BIBLE IS WRITTEN AS AN EXPRESSIVE AND INQUISITIVE NATURE OF GOD SO THAT THE READER CAN GET AN IDEA OF WHY CERTAIN DECISIONS ARE BEEN MADE. HOWEVER IN REALITY HE DOES NOT ASK HIMSELF THOSE QUESTIONS OR HAVE ANY DOUBTS. ALL HE DOES IS ACTIONS AND REACTIONS. YOU SIN YOU PAY FOR IT. ACTIONS AND CONSEQUENCES. HOWEVER IF WRITTEN IN THAT CONTEXT IT WILL BE VERY STRAIGHT TO THE POINT AND TOO DIRECT. ITS A WORK OF POETRY IF YOU WILL. SEE TO FULLY BE ABLE TO GRASP THE COMPREHENSIVE RICHNESS OF THE BIBLE IN ALL ITS FACET, YOU NEED TO APPROACH IT LIKE A CHILD AND WITH AN OPEN MIND. THAT IS YOUR OBSTACLE AS WELL AS MANY PEOPLE
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by Prosper793: 3:43pm On Jun 01, 2013
obadiah777: BUT YOU ERR. THE BIBLE IS WRITTEN AS AN EXPRESSIVE AND INQUISITIVE NATURE OF GOD SO THAT THE READER CAN GET AN IDEA OF WHY CERTAIN DECISIONS ARE BEEN MADE. HOWEVER IN REALITY HE DOES NOT ASK HIMSELF THOSE QUESTIONS OR HAVE ANY DOUBTS. ALL HE DOES IS ACTIONS AND REACTIONS. YOU SIN YOU PAY FOR IT. ACTIONS AND CONSEQUENCES. HOWEVER IF WRITTEN IN THAT CONTEXT IT WILL BE VERY STRAIGHT TO THE POINT AND TOO DIRECT. ITS A WORK OF POETRY IF YOU WILL. SEE TO FULLY BE ABLE TO GRASP THE COMPREHENSIVE RICHNESS OF THE BIBLE IN ALL ITS FACET, YOU NEED TO APPROACH IT LIKE A CHILD AND WITH AN OPEN MIND. THAT IS YOUR OBSTACLE AS WELL AS MANY PEOPLE

"...like a child(open minded)". More like naive and blindfolded. Hmmm, everybody ponders on issues,be it trivial or worthwhile. Kids do,even dummies do;consequently,that doesn't invalidate the question. You can't serve someone you don't know properly. You have to know about the entire features and characteristics of someone before giving him a profound service. As a result,God's features ought to be known to its profundity.

Remember,you still haven't made known to us your stance as regards this issue.
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 01, 2013
Prosper793:

"...like a child(open minded)". More like naive and blindfolded. Hmmm, everybody ponders on issues,be it trivial or worthwhile. Kids do,even dummies do;consequently,that doesn't invalidate the question. You can't serve someone you don't know properly. You have to know about the entire features and characteristics of someone before giving him a profound service. As a result,God's features ought to be known to its profundity.

Remember,you still haven't made known to us your stance as regards this issue.
MY STANCE ? I HAVE NO STANCE. HOW CAN THE CREATURE QUESTION THE CREATOR ? <<<<< THATS MY STANCE grin grin grin
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by Prosper793: 6:44pm On Jun 01, 2013
obadiah777: MY STANCE ? I HAVE NO STANCE. HOW CAN THE CREATURE QUESTION THE CREATOR ? <<<<< THATS MY STANCE grin grin grin

Lol! The creature ain't questioning the creator. The creature is rather questioning itself with respect to the features of the creator.

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by mazaje(m): 9:41pm On Jun 01, 2013
From the evil bible website it says. . . .

"Let us suppose that this perfect God did create the universe. Humans were the crown of his creation, since they were created in God's image and have the ability to make decisions. However, these humans spoiled the original perfection by choosing to disobey God.

What!? If something is perfect, nothing imperfect can come from it. Someone once said that bad fruit cannot come from a good tree, and yet this "perfect" God created a "perfect" universe which was rendered imperfect by the "perfect" humans. The ultimate source of imperfection is God. What is perfect cannot become imperfect, so humans must have been created imperfect. What is perfect cannot create anything imperfect, so God must be imperfect to have created these imperfect humans. A perfect God who creates imperfect humans is impossible."
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by Prosper793: 9:19am On Jun 02, 2013
mazaje: From the evil bible website it says. . . .

"Let us suppose that this perfect God did create the universe. Humans were the crown of his creation, since they were created in God's image and have the ability to make decisions. However, these humans spoiled the original perfection by choosing to disobey God.

What!? If something is perfect, nothing imperfect can come from it. Someone once said that bad fruit cannot come from a good tree, and yet this "perfect" God created a "perfect" universe which was rendered imperfect by the "perfect" humans. The ultimate source of imperfection is God. What is perfect cannot become imperfect, so humans must have been created imperfect. What is perfect cannot create anything imperfect, so God must be imperfect to have created these imperfect humans. A perfect God who creates imperfect humans is impossible."

I think God is imperfect!
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by mazaje(m): 9:30am On Jun 02, 2013
Prosper793:

I think God is imperfect!

They will tell you that their god is perfect. . .if you tell them to tell you how, they will start crying and speaking english. . .
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by Prosper793: 1:06pm On Jun 02, 2013
They will tell you that their god is perfect. . .if you tell them to tell you how, they will start crying and speaking english. . .[/quote]

Are you an infidel??
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by EyesWideOpen(m): 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2013
God, this thread reeks of unbelief!
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by Prosper793: 5:52pm On Jun 02, 2013
EyesWideOpen: God, this thread reeks of unbelief!

Everybody believes in one thing or the other. Only the dead are void of beliefs.
Re: Why Is God Regarded As Being Perfect? by mazaje(m): 2:39pm On Jun 03, 2013
Prosper793:

Are you an infidel??

Yesss. . . . .

(1) (Reply)

Which Church In Port Harcourt Plays The Best Music? / American Evangelist Jailed During Wimbledon Championships For Engaging In... / Ese Walter Saga: Pastor J Writes Pastor Biodun (COZA)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.