Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

2015:Atiku To Challenge Planned Award Of PDP Automatic Ticket To Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015:Atiku To Challenge Planned Award Of PDP Automatic Ticket To Jonathan (851 Views)

Buhari Sends Atiku To SA To Lobby Zuma For Adesina.....premium Times.(PIX) / Atiku Kicks Against Automatic Ticket For Buhari / 2015: PDP Considers Automatic Ticket For Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015:Atiku To Challenge Planned Award Of PDP Automatic Ticket To Jonathan by draogtech: 5:28pm On Jun 01, 2013
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar might mount a legal challenge against his party, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, should the party goes ahead to award automatic second term tickets to President Goodluck Jonathan and state governors.

In a statement by his media office Saturday, Atiku said he remained opposed to the PDP’s policy of “consensus arrangement” and “adoption” rather than transparent elections to produce candidates for all elective offices, including the presidency.

He was responding to the proposal by the Chairman of the PDP Board of Trustees, Tony Anenih, that the party should give automatic tickets to President Jonathan and state governors in 2015.

The former vice president recalled that he was repeatedly in courts to challenge this undemocratic arrangement and that the courts ruled that the policy is alien to the PDP and Nigerian constitutions.

Read more here: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/137204-2015-atiku-threatens-to-challenge-planned-award-of-pdp-automatic-ticket-to-jonathan.html

2 Likes

Re: 2015:Atiku To Challenge Planned Award Of PDP Automatic Ticket To Jonathan by Mogidi: 5:31pm On Jun 01, 2013
So Atiku is still alive? I thought OBJ killed him politically several years ago?

1 Like

Re: 2015:Atiku To Challenge Planned Award Of PDP Automatic Ticket To Jonathan by kzokul(m): 6:11pm On Jun 01, 2013
Does this man have a family? Does this man have associates and friend? Is this man in tune with the reality on ground? Can this man win adamawa gubernatorial election now? Is this man still a member of bot pdp? Does this man still have a political base? So many questions for atiku? If I was atiku, I will just take my loot and enjoy my the rest of my live. Gosh! Narcissism at its best!
Re: 2015:Atiku To Challenge Planned Award Of PDP Automatic Ticket To Jonathan by erinlakatabu: 7:43pm On Jun 01, 2013
All these old men Atiku has stealing from Nigeria for the past 2 decades or more he should go and rest.
Re: 2015:Atiku To Challenge Planned Award Of PDP Automatic Ticket To Jonathan by CROWE: 8:33pm On Jun 01, 2013
You people are the same ones that will complain about the Nigerian government, wondering why Nigeria is so corrupt, here it is right in your faces and instead of condemning it you are ridiculing the man who despite his potentially questionable motives is standing up for what is right.

PDP have used and abused every loophole in the constitution and now they are fabricating ones in their own party. Some people want Jonathan in office by 2016 come hell or high water so they proceed to deny other pdp members the right to vote and be voted for. If PDP cannot run a clean, fair and most of all democratic party then how can they be exppected to do it in government? Also, if they would go this far to guarantee that GEJ represents the party then who is to say they won't try to abuse the election process as well and rig him back in.

This should be very alarming to all of you, it is yet another Nigerian made attack on the people and their democracy, another method by which PDP want to take us for a ride and you are all more interested in Atiku, when you complain about Nigeria and wonder what our problems are, do us all a favour and look in your mirrors.

3 Likes

Re: 2015:Atiku To Challenge Planned Award Of PDP Automatic Ticket To Jonathan by Gbawe: 9:00pm On Jun 01, 2013
CROWÉ: You people are the same ones that will complain about the Nigerian government, wondering why Nigeria is so corrupt, here it is right in your faces and instead of condemning it you are ridiculing the man who despite his potentially questionable motives is standing up for what is right.

PDP have used and abused every loophole in the constitution and now they are fabricating ones in their own party. Some people want Jonathan in office by 2016 come hell or high water so they proceed to deny other pdp members the right to vote and be voted for. If PDP cannot run a clean, fair and most of all democratic party then how can they be exppected to do it in government? Also, if they would go this far to guarantee that GEJ represents the party then who is to say they won't try to abuse the election process as well and rig him back in.

This should be very alarming to all of you, it is yet another Nigerian made attack on the people and their democracy, another method by which PDP want to take us for a ride and you are all more interested in Atiku, when you complain about Nigeria and wonder what our problems are, do us all a favour and look in your mirrors.

God will bless you and yours abundantly. Imagine if those who , to borrow from your succinct delivery, want to vote and be voted for find themselves denied the right to do that by custodians of everything we hold sacrosanct who have now decided to dictatorially abuse the power vested in them for personal 'sit-tight' ambition?

If these disenfranchised politicians then embrace guerilla tactics to get 'even' , because the door to the legitimate pursuit of their ambition was slammed shut in their face, will the self-destructive and myopic folks you address here remember the part they played, by blindly supporting what is outright wrong, in any anarchy we see in future that may go on to affect many of us? Why is it that Nigerians can simply not be committed to what is right always rather than when it suits them and their sectional affiliations?

For once, folks should rise above attacking the messenger vacuously , because of sectional bias, and demonstrate they have a functioning moral compass that should surely lead them to urge GEJ to go and test his popularity for the sake of our democracy.

1 Like

Re: 2015:Atiku To Challenge Planned Award Of PDP Automatic Ticket To Jonathan by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 01, 2013
If you are NOT a member of PDP, please steer clear of PDP internal matters. If PDP decides to field GEJ and other performing Candidates automatically for re-election, it is not the business of the opposition parties. GEJ is fully in charge of the PDP machinery and Atiku can not oppose the decision of the NWC or BoTs, he will be suspended from the Party for "Anti-Party" behaviour.
Re: 2015:Atiku To Challenge Planned Award Of PDP Automatic Ticket To Jonathan by CROWE: 9:21pm On Jun 01, 2013
I knew that someone would pop up saying nonsense, if it is the opinion of the majority of PDP people that Jonathan continue as president in 2015 then there is no need to do this automatic ticket nonsense, this can only serve to deny other PDP people who would want to run in 2015 a chance to do so, it is anti-democratic at its core and there is no precedent for it, everybody should be given a chance, and PDP's internal shenanigans is an indicator of how they will be as leaders, if you can change rules in a system on the fly to suite whatever selfish desires you have at any given time then what are the rules there for in the first place.

I was curious what someone was going to say in defense of PDP and here you are, all sorts of ignorant things and evil always find people to support them. I am just glad no one is my family is this unreasonable.

PS. PDP should be suspended by INEC for anti-democratic behavior, wheres you're logic now billyonaire, where is it?

1 Like

Re: 2015:Atiku To Challenge Planned Award Of PDP Automatic Ticket To Jonathan by Gbawe: 9:53am On Jun 02, 2013
CROWÉ: I knew that someone would pop up saying nonsense, if it is the opinion of the majority of PDP people that Jonathan continue as president in 2015 then there is no need to do this automatic ticket nonsense, this can only serve to deny other PDP people who would want to run in 2015 a chance to do so, it is anti-democratic at its core and there is no precedent for it, everybody should be given a chance, and PDP's internal shenanigans is an indicator of how they will be as leaders, if you can change rules in a system on the fly to suite whatever selfish desires you have at any given time then what are the rules there for in the first place.

I was curious what someone was going to say in defense of PDP and here you are, all sorts of ignorant things and evil always find people to support them. I am just glad no one is my family is this unreasonable.

PS. PDP should be suspended by INEC for anti-democratic behavior, wheres you're logic now billyonaire, where is it?

Thank you. The next question to ask these charlatans, openly supportive of what is wrong and unfair, is this. Is it wise to support illegality and undemocratic conduct today because it gets us and our sectional affiliates what we want yet pretend to be the 'victim' tomorrow when said undemocratic actions has secured serious repercussions for all Nigerians?

When the openly disenfranchised candidates then decide that geurilla tactics is their only option to fight a rogue Presidency, it will be the same charlatans you respond to who would want us to forget this stage where they openly supported incendiary antics and hypocritically prompt everyone to focus on the "evil men" trying to "destabilize" the Presidency of "Saint Jonathan" who is always "innocent". I am Nigerian but I am disgusted with the viewpoint of fellow Nigerians on this forum as it distinctly reveals that many amongst us are not committed to supporting what is equitable and just all the time.

Also, the silly noise of this being a "PDP affair" is the most inane thing I have ever heard. First of all the PDP is the ruling Party. Actions within the Party may have serious consequences for the Nation and I am surprised Nigerians have to be shown this since I see that others fundamentally appreciate this worldwide.

The conservative Party in the UK, for example, cannot act like an azz and then arrogantly tell Britons to butt out because it is "a conservative affair". No sir. They will be vehemently reminded of their duty to set good examples, as the ruling Party, or relinquish power if doing so is too much for them

Secondly, nothing ever remains a PDP affair. Many said zoning was a PDP affair, at a time some PDP members swore GEJ was a treacherous chap going against something he signed up for, yet we all know political Boko Haram, that has cost many Nigerian lives, went on on to show that only fools will believe anything remains a "PDP affair" especially when it is related to members of the "nest of killers" being fundamentally aggrieved.

GEJ and Anenih, however desperate they become, cannot change the rules in the middle of the game when me and you know, beyond the "PDP affair" rhetoric, that this can have devastating repercussion for Nigeria.

Besides, did GEJ not fully utilise the availability of the Primaries method to get rid of an incumbent Governor i.e Sylva? Many Nairalanders know I have continuously stated that GEJ, an incumbent President, will get the same treatment he dished out to Sylva. That is what team GEJ is now petrified about but cannot avoid because democracy is a game of numbers and some should have remembered that when they were busy insulting and demonizing Northerners as if they are not a legitimate part of Nigeria deserving respect and inclusion rather than be treated myopically with open disdain and enmity as jingoistic backers of GEJ have done self-destructively.

1 Like

Re: 2015:Atiku To Challenge Planned Award Of PDP Automatic Ticket To Jonathan by taharqa2: 10:16am On Jun 02, 2013
Gbawe:

Thank you. The next question to ask these charlatans, openly supportive of what is wrong and unfair, is this. Is it wise to support illegality and undemocratic conduct today because it gets us and our sectional affiliates what we want yet pretend to be the 'victim' tomorrow when said undemocratic actions has secured serious repercussions for all Nigerians?

When the openly disenfranchised candidates then decide that geurilla tactics is their only option to fight a rogue Presidency, it will be the same charlatans you respond to who would want us to forget this stage where they openly supported incendiary antics and hypocritically prompt everyone to focus on the "evil men" trying to "destabilize" the Presidency of "Saint Jonathan" who is always "innocent". I am Nigerian but I am disgusted with the viewpoint of fellow Nigerians on this forum as it distinctly reveals that many amongst us are not committed to supporting what is equitable and just all the time.

Also, the silly noise of this being a "PDP affair" is the most inane thing I have ever heard. First of all the PDP is the ruling Party. Actions within the Party may have serious consequences for the Nation and I am surprised Nigerians have to be shown this since I see that others fundamentally appreciate this worldwide.

The conservative Party in the UK, for example, cannot act like an azz and then arrogantly tell Britons to butt out because it is "a conservative affair". No sir. They will be vehemently reminded of their duty to set good examples, as the ruling Party, or relinquish power if doing so is too much for them

Secondly, nothing ever remains a PDP affair. Many said zoning was a PDP affair, at a time some PDP members swore GEJ was a treacherous chap going against something he signed up for, yet we all know political Boko Haram, that has cost many Nigerian lives, went on on to show that only fools will believe anything remains a "PDP affair" especially when it is related to members of the "nest of killers" being fundamentally aggrieved.

GEJ and Anenih, however desperately they become, cannot change the rules in the middle of the game when me and you know, beyond the "PDP affair" rhetoric, that this can have devastating repercussion for Nigeria.

Besides, did GEJ not fully utilise the availability of the Primaries method to get rid of Sylva? Many Nairalanders know I have continuously stated that GEJ will get the same treatment he dished out to Sylva. That is what team GEJ is now petrified about but cannot avoid because democracy is a game of numbers and some should have remembered that when they were busy insulting and demonizing Northerners as if they are not a legitimate part of Nigeria deserving respect and inclusion rather than be treated myopically with open disdain and enmity as jingoistic backers of GEJ have done self-destructively.
triple post
Re: 2015:Atiku To Challenge Planned Award Of PDP Automatic Ticket To Jonathan by taharqa2: 10:17am On Jun 02, 2013
Gbawe:

GEJ and Anenih, however desperately they become, cannot change the rules in the middle of the game when me and you know, beyond the "PDP affair" rhetoric, that this can have devastating repercussion for Nigeria.

Besides, did GEJ not fully utilise the availability of the Primaries method to get rid of Sylva? Many Nairalanders know I have continuously stated that GEJ will get the same treatment he dished out to Sylva. That is what team GEJ is now petrified about but cannot avoid because democracy is a game of numbers and some should have remembered that when they were busy insulting and demonizing Northerners as if they are not a legitimate part of Nigeria deserving respect and inclusion rather than be treated myopically with open disdain and enmity as jingoistic backers of GEJ have done self-destructively.
Double
Re: 2015:Atiku To Challenge Planned Award Of PDP Automatic Ticket To Jonathan by taharqa2: 10:18am On Jun 02, 2013
Gbawe:

@Gbawe, SHUT up yr mouth you sillly HYPOCRITE. You DISGUST me with yr unbrindled HYPOCRISM *spitsindisgust*... Your party, d ACN, has NEVER selected its candidates, either for Elective or party posts, in any process even remotely resembling an Election. Candidates hv ALWAYS bn Imposed by a very few men in that party, led by d Emperor himself; in fact, I recall top Leadas in that party vehemently opposing and subsequently aiding in killing d Bill sm persons tried pushing tru d NA early 2011, which wud hv made it compulsory for ALL parties to conduct competitive primaries- i recall with sm Alarm how ACN leadas argued that parties shld be left to choose their candidates the way the see fit since the candidates must follow d manifesto and Leadas of d party!! What the helll now gives you d right to be overtly concernd about how ANOTHER party conduct its own 'primaries' when yours has never had any tin resembling it. You want to remove d Speck in anodas eyes, while completely forgeting the heavy log that is almost blinding you. Don't you hv ANY SHAME at all, and sm respect for d sensitivity/intelligence of the people for whom you write yr long epistles.... Again, you DISGUST me
Re: 2015:Atiku To Challenge Planned Award Of PDP Automatic Ticket To Jonathan by Gbawe: 10:26am On Jun 02, 2013
taharqa2: @Gbawe, SHUT up yr mouth you sillly HYPOCRITE. You DISGUST me with yr unbrindled HYPOCRISM *spitsindisgust*... Your party, d ACN, has NEVER selected its candidates, either for Elective or party posts, in any process even remotely resembling an Election. Candidates hv ALWAYS bn Imposed by a very few men in that party, led by d Emperor himself; in fact, I recall top Leadas in that party vehemently opposing and subsequently aiding in killing d Bill sm persons tried pushing tru d NA early 2011, which wud hv made it compulsory for ALL parties to conduct competitive primaries- i recall with sm Alarm how ACN leadas argued that parties shld be left to choose their candidates the way the see fit since the candidates must follow d manifesto and Leadas of d party!! What the helll now gives you d right to be overtly concernd about how ANOTHER party conduct its own 'primaries' when yours has never had any tin resembling it. You want to remove d Speck in anodas eyes, while completely forgeting the heavy log that is almost blinding you. Don't you hv ANY SHAME at all, and sm respect for d sensitivity/intelligence of the people for whom you write yr long epistles.... Again, you DISGUST me

I think I can hear and smell an irritating sh1t-ridden fly buzzing around. Never mind. Such filthy creatures are to be avoided and ignored.
Re: 2015:Atiku To Challenge Planned Award Of PDP Automatic Ticket To Jonathan by awodman: 10:53am On Jun 02, 2013
Gbawe:

I think I can hear and smell an irritating sh1t-ridden fly buzzing around. Never mind. Such filthy creatures are to be avoided and ignored.
You are a shameless hypocrite..Answer the question does ur party or any of its merger partners conduct primaries..I have consistently asked you why are hell-bent on GEJ losing his party candidacy...since u claimed he hasn't performed,his been a PDP candidate will make it a smooth sail for your party..that should be your concern...
And for all of you calling the proposed automatic ticket "anti-democratic"..the USA in which we are quick to draw comparison with on issues of democracy have in their various parties what is called "RIGHT-OF-FIRST-REFUSAL"...which is why OBAMA DIDN'T FACE ANY PRIMARIES...

1 Like

Re: 2015:Atiku To Challenge Planned Award Of PDP Automatic Ticket To Jonathan by Gbawe: 11:22am On Jun 02, 2013
Another smelly fly. This forum is full of these dirty creatures who live in sh1t. Seun, no fly spray to rid this place of these smelly irritants?
*covers nose*.
Re: 2015:Atiku To Challenge Planned Award Of PDP Automatic Ticket To Jonathan by awodman: 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2013
Gbawe: Another smelly fly. This forum is full of these dirty creatures who live in sh1t. Seun, no fly spray to rid this place of these smelly irritants?
*covers nose*.
Y don't u respond to the issues raised rather than resort to insults...I thought you ωнεяε an intelligent old man but alas you are a hideous and selfish character whose posts on this forum is not about bettering the lots of the ordinary citizens of this great country but because of your own selfish and wick*ed interests...
Re: 2015:Atiku To Challenge Planned Award Of PDP Automatic Ticket To Jonathan by Mesico2(m): 5:59pm On Jun 02, 2013
You guys should let Gbawe be pls. It's clear that's ACN's style from beginning and we are ok with it as the system favour us and work to our satisfactions here in SW but it's also clear that, that's not PDP style and you can't just change rule overnight because u want to please GEJ for u guys own sake. God bless u my honorable Gbawe of our time for standing for what's right and against what's wrong.
Re: 2015:Atiku To Challenge Planned Award Of PDP Automatic Ticket To Jonathan by Gbawe: 6:22pm On Jun 02, 2013
Mesico2: You guys should let Gbawe be pls. It's clear that's ACN's style from beginning and we are ok with it as the system favour us and work to our satisfactions here in SW but it's also clear that, that's not PDP style and you can't just change rule overnight because u want to please GEJ for u guys own sake. God bless u my honorable Gbawe of our time for standing for what's right and against what's wrong.

Thank you my brother. The reason some of us speak is that when these killers ramp up the next wave of killing innocent Nigerians, because they perceive they were fundamentally denied their rights, these idiotic, uncouth and blind followers of their kinsmen will not remember GEJ disenfranchising many by changing the rules , in the middle of the game, for "the biggest Party in Africa" that has hosted Primaries as the most fair way to accommodate the ambitions of many.

As for those fans of GEJ, they are clowns. Dishonesty runs through the blood of most supporters of GEJ and I don't bother to read what most of them write. As if , considering the composition of the PDP, any method other than Primaries will suffice. We are talking of the most ruthless and brutal men here who will visit their vengeance on Nigeria if things are not done in a way they want. These clowns here should tell us whether PDP members, especially Northerners, can ever accept "consensus endorsement" at a time we all know GEJ will lose 100% because he simply does not have the numbers to defeat others.

What has GEJ not tried in his desperation to get round his impending loss stemming from how so many are united and determined to teach his treachery a lesson? I will continue to speak because GEJ will plunge Nigeria into total chaos if he is not unanimously implored by Nigerians to drop his dictatorial sit-tight desperation and embrace a democratic test of his popularity. Doing that will ensure that chaos will not ensue as would be the case if so many are summarily disqualified with the "automatic ticket" garbage Anenih is messing around with.

In any case, Did GEJ not play judge and jury to use the Primaries method to deny Sylva a return as Governor of Bayelsa? Why did our hypocritical, callous and highly cynical President not let Sylva have the "automatic return" he now wants?,
Re: 2015:Atiku To Challenge Planned Award Of PDP Automatic Ticket To Jonathan by awodman: 8:55pm On Jun 02, 2013
Gbawe:

Thank you my brother. The reason some of us speak is that when these killers ramp up the next wave of killing innocent Nigerians, because they perceive they were fundamentally denied their rights, these idiotic, uncouth and blind followers of their kinsmen will not remember GEJ disenfranchising many by changing the rules , in the middle of the game, for "the biggest Party in Africa" that has hosted Primaries as the most fair way to accommodate the ambitions of many.

As for those fans of GEJ, they are clowns. Dishonesty runs through the blood of most supporters of GEJ and I don't bother to read what most of them write. As if , considering the composition of the PDP, any method other than Primaries will suffice. We are talking of the most ruthless and brutal men here who will visit their vengeance on Nigeria if things are not done in a way they want. These clowns here should tell us whether PDP members, especially Northerners, can ever accept "consensus endorsement" at a time we all know GEJ will lose 100% because he simply does not have the numbers to defeat others.

What has GEJ not tried in his desperation to get round his impending loss stemming from how so many are united and determined to teach his treachery a lesson? I will continue to speak because GEJ will plunge Nigeria into total chaos if he is not unanimously implored by Nigerians to drop his dictatorial sit-tight desperation and embrace a democratic test of his popularity. Doing that will ensure that chaos will not ensue as would be the case if so many are summarily disqualified with the "automatic ticket" garbage Anenih is messing around with.

In any case, Did GEJ not play judge and jury to use the Primaries method to deny Sylva a return as Governor of Bayelsa? Why did our hypocritical, callous and highly cynical President not let Sylva have the "automatic return" he now wants?,
You can spin all you want..but the question remains why are u hell-bent on seeing GEJ lose his party's primaries?..y are u so concerend with PDP affairs than its members?

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan, Mark, Kalu, Govs, Others Condole With Tinubu / Lesson For Nigeria: ‘SMEs Part Of Germany’s Success Secret’ / Nigerian Companies Generate As Much As 1,457mw Off-grid Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.