Stats: 3,167,250 members, 7,867,654 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:45 PM

Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 - Sports (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 (110007 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 / Kenya Vs Nigeria - W-C Qualifier - (0 - 1) On 5th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Emmysteve(m): 10:13pm On Jun 12, 2013
sheyee: Abeg wen the game dey start
Tomorow
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 12, 2013
It didn't look like SE did their best at all sad
And the Namibians defended quite well..
Anyway, I'm just glad we didn't lose smiley
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Odunharry(m): 10:14pm On Jun 12, 2013
o boy c pipu..
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Rossikk(m): 10:14pm On Jun 12, 2013
CFCfan: The odds on a Malawi victory on September 6, are very low.

Nigeria has not lost a home competitive match for 32 years. The last time the Super eagles suffered a home competitive loss, was in 1981, to Algeria.

What a record! smiley

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
CFCfan: The odds on a Malawi victory on September 6, are very low.

Nigeria has not lost a home competitive match for 32 years. The last time the Super eagles suffered a home competitive loss, was in 1981, to Algeria.
and how many has been played since then?.. Mteww
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by supaeagles(m): 10:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
COOLDUN:
He scored it with his head and he used to score for Chelsea, Which match are you talking about self?
ok - thanks bros .... I was following the game by reading it on NL and so thought it was a free kick goal
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
maxwello.yg:

If you think it was easy, go play it yourself or hustle to be included in the team going to Brazil in 2014. Let us see how far you can go.

Bruv., nothing is easy in life and that's their gaddamn profession.

Btw, always expect the best from your team and critique them when they're mediocre.

That's what being a good/loyal fan should be about, ok? wink
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by nerodenero: 10:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
I dont want to talk about the officiating and inasmuch as I am not happy about the outcome,I still applaud the Eagles for the result.Having said that,the Eagles have not lost in so many FIFA organized matches and kudos to them for this great achievement,'e no easy'.Again,no small team in African football and that is what we saw today.Above all,I wish Super Eagles success as Confederation Cup beckons.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Jarus(m): 10:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
pawpawsir: I feel the super eagles are playing like this on purpose because the confederation teams will be watching their matches and moves, so it only smart they play like this and bash teams good performance when d confederation cups begins........

You think they are naïve like you, not to know that this match is more important than confederation cup?

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Samchelsea(m): 10:16pm On Jun 12, 2013
pawpawsir: I feel the super eagles are playing like this on purpose because the confederation teams will be watching their matches and moves, so it only smart they play like this and bash teams good performance when d confederation cups begins........
I don't think so bro I really think those boys are tired cos of all the travelling they have been in the past weeks so for the Confed cup we just need to try our best and come back with our heads head high
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by yoged(m): 10:16pm On Jun 12, 2013
CFCfan:

Ideye should be deployed as a support striker, playing just behind the main striker.
i'll support your view. He always fumble as a main striker in the National team.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by seekier(m): 10:17pm On Jun 12, 2013
Honestly speakimg from the begining i knew this match is going to be a draw viewing the circumstances surounding the resignation of malawi coach and the super eagles boasting here and there without knowing that God liveth.
Remember when AVB left chelsea nd Di moti take over, chelsea became stronger more than when Vila Boss was around to xtent they won the chanpion league.. I see malawi qualifying for Brazil

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 12, 2013
Jarus:

You think they are naïve like you, not to know that this match is more important than confederation cup?

Abi o. It's even better for the Eagles to qualify for the world cup and crash out in the group stage of the confed cup.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Rossikk(m): 10:17pm On Jun 12, 2013
R2bees: and how many has been played since then?.. Mteww
Many - while you were sucking your mother's brst!!

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by supaeagles(m): 10:18pm On Jun 12, 2013
COOLDUN:

Even India would have been keeping the cup for keeps for a very long time.
I heard that India was banned by FIFA for using black magic and beating brazil 99-0 in the sixties grin grin
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by damosky12(m): 10:18pm On Jun 12, 2013
BabaAlabi:
U must be silly...how can you be satisfied with mediocre results?...If we have Emenike and Moses I believe we can defeat spain but this present team will lead us to the claws of defeat
You are only being pessimistic. You will see a sharper and more prolific attack for the Super Eagles soonest.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by ingoditrust101: 10:19pm On Jun 12, 2013
we need top 9
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 12, 2013
shymexx:

Bruv., nothing is easy in life and that's their gaddamn profession.

Btw, always expect the best from your team and critique them when they're mediocre.

That's what being a good/loyal fan should be about, ok? wink
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 12, 2013
Samchelsea: For those of us wey no get fast internet connection na brila fm and nairaland all d way......but how come Namibia of about 2million people held Nigeria of 170million to a 1-1 draw....NIGERIA NEEDS GOOD STRIKERS!

17kg of abakaliki rice filled with sand and gravel aggregates and 2 kg of top grade basmati....Which wld you choose.. grin

Population means nothing if your football management and investment in youth and sports isnt very good.

China with their huge population can not stand either of the koreans or even japan..

Its not about numbers.

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 12, 2013
Rossikk:
Many - while you were sucking your mother's brst!!
ewu congo, i no ask u
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by OmoEziokwu: 10:22pm On Jun 12, 2013
Just a hypothesis of mine . I will use Ideye, Ujah and Oduamadi to explain, and this applies to every member of the team.:

I think Keshi is a smart coach. I reckon he announces his team list shortly before the match just to keep everyone on their toes and at the end of the day, does not even feature Ideye who naturally you would expect to feel entitled to every game, at least with the present status of the Super Eagles team. At the same time I want to imagine that he (Keshi) will be saying to himself that he has given everyone a chance (in this case I'm referring especially to Ujah and Oduamadi) and so if for instance Ujah or Oduamadi later do not get featured in the Confederations Cup or on the big stage, they wouldn't complain or develop any resentment towards the coach, because they know they blew their chances. At the same time someone like Ideye would cherish any given opportunity to play and would give his best all the time. This all might be a ploy to keep everyone gearing for gold and so Keshi might be doing a good job on the psychology of the players, who knows? He should just be encouraged, he is doing not badly presently.

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
gbosaa:

17kg of abakaliki rice filled with sand and gravel aggregates and 2 kg of top grade basmati....Which wld you choose.. grin

Population means nothing if your football management and investment in youth and sports isnt very good.

China with their huge population can not stand either of the koreans or even japan..

Its not about numbers.
wat r u sayin dude? Trash?

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by RedLight1: 10:25pm On Jun 12, 2013
Rossikk:

What a record! smiley
just that we dont appreciate our thing in nigeria. if england happens to have that kind of record of (Not loosing home competitive match for 32 years), they will over market to the world. it will even be in Guinness book of record. since its nigeria, nobody gives a damn
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by damosky12(m): 10:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
nijanigga: This Nigerian team will be whipped like in koranic school in madras in the confederations cup in Brazil.
You lie!! MARK MY WORDS. The Super Eagles will surprise you! Hehehe. You will see.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by seunlayi(m): 10:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
we really need a striker in this team
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Adexchelsea19(m): 10:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
seekier: Honestly speakimg from the begining i knew this match is going to be a draw viewing the circumstances surounding the resignation of malawi coach and the super eagles boasting here and there without knowing that God liveth.
Remember when AVB left chelsea nd Di moti take over, chelsea became stronger more than when Vila Boss was around to xtent they won the chanpion league.. I see malawi qualifying for Brazil
lolz...what did u smoke this night??

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Soso990240(m): 10:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
Kudanis: Though it's late but he should have called Micheal Eneramo and maybe give Ike Uche another chance to show his mettle once more in these qualification matches. I heard Ike Uche picked up during the close the season.
ike uche na bomb now.i so much miss dat guy.he scored in 3 consecutive games for villar.in spain.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Pvin: 10:31pm On Jun 12, 2013
Jeez, why Nija go equaliZe, now I hav loosed my $30. Very upset now
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 12, 2013
Red-Light:
just that we dont appreciate our thing in nigeria. if england happens to have that kind of record of (Not loosing home competitive match for 32 years), they will over market to the world. it will even be in Guinness book of record. since its nigeria, nobody gives a damn

Competitive matches against Kenya, Namibia, Lesotho, Malawi et al, no?

You're a clown!!

I doubt England will lose to any of those teams in the next 4000 years, to be honest.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by SirFemiTopstar(m): 10:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
The inability to watch the match on local station is from CAF not Namibia.[quote
author=brownlord]Good now i know the plan of this stipid Namibians, so
they dint show the match so they can oppress our boys and rip them off,
thunder fire all of una, if una win our boys, make una ready wait our
soldiers tomorrow morning [/quote]
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by nijanigga: 10:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
damosky12:
You lie!! MARK MY WORDS. The Super Eagles will surprise you! Hehehe. You will see.
You drink too much ogogoro? you're fool of yourselves,that's why Nigeria is falling backwards. Anyway, we heard better upbeats before the London olympics, the rest is history.
Damosky12, I will page you after Nigeria's two matches.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by seekier(m): 10:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
Imagine nigeria meeting spain in the confedration cup.
How many goals?
Tores and villa go break all our defenders backbone. Keshi should just go with 15 defenders 6mildfielders and 2striker to the confederation cup

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (43) (Reply)

Photos : Meet Ahmed Musa's Wife , Son And Mum / More Than 1,000 UNIPORT Students Watching Nigeria Vs Iceland Match / Cristiano Ronaldo Chooses Acting As Retirement Plans