Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,456 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Please Come In Lets Better Our Police Force (activist Mind Only) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Come In Lets Better Our Police Force (activist Mind Only) (867 Views)

APC Activist Omojuwa Criticises Buhari Government. / Stun Guns For Our Police Instead Of Guns / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Come In Lets Better Our Police Force (activist Mind Only) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 01, 2013
AS we all know the police force is the bed rock of every nation, where there is an obvious crack in the police force , the dastard effect pervades all through the various facets of the society; this is presently evident in our Police force (NPF). Our Police force has become a laughing stock in our society, starting from the dirty cloths they wear, to the indescriminate killing of innocent and unarmed civilians,down to unjudicial killings to framing up, bribery, extortion at gun point, rapping , stealing from citizens and sometimes even lending guns to robbers, these has been very much evident as we all know and d cummulative effect taking toll on the innocent masses, we usually suffer the collateral damages . Understandably our citizens have bestowed a no confidence on our police, as crimes are being witnessed buh the police are not being informed for fear of them not being victimised .For some the mantra "the fear of the police is the beginning of wisdom" is now apt.This is not supposed to be so , as no nation can thrive and grow stronger like this.

Withnessing this total decadence in our police force it seem to help no man as we re the ones that suffer the brunt of this police ineptitude. Myself being a crusader of anti-brutality and oppression is creating this thread. Here we are expected to come in and share our bitter experiences with the police force or those witnessed, post pictures if need be. when we have a reasonable number, we shall be forwarding a petition to the IGP (Mr. Abubakar) and the federal govt. will be copied, we shall harness the use of social medias to spread the news, form other group, make suggestions, we shall persist in these means till our police is better. come with me comrades lets better the NPF for Nigeria belongs to us and no one else.

Long live NLnders
Long live NPF
LOng live the federal republic of Nig.

Ur comrade Ray.
Re: Please Come In Lets Better Our Police Force (activist Mind Only) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 01, 2013
Myself I haven't had any bitter experience with police my self, buh have read more than enough sad and disheartening news and killings, pls Nlnders with active mind, open the floor. am waiting. I have succeeded in opening a forum " Standing against police brutality on facebook" pls lets fellow suit. thank U don't keep a comrade waiting for too long
Re: Please Come In Lets Better Our Police Force (activist Mind Only) by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 01, 2013
I once met a police officer that changed my conception of the NPF. He had 2 degrees and a Masters . The talk with him made a whole lot of sense,but you knw wat?
Because he was radical,they sat on his promotion,but he was still positive. I never belvd people like that still exist in the police force.

90% of people that take up police jobs in Nig are frustrated job seekers,and that is why we can never get the best. What we have is psychological retards in uniforms parading as our frnds.

I hope for a better NPF.

1 Like

Re: Please Come In Lets Better Our Police Force (activist Mind Only) by Gbawe: 11:27pm On Jun 01, 2013
@ Comrade Ray.

The FG can get the ball rolling by embarking on a genuine overhaul of the entire NPF. This can begin with a drive to improve the welfare of police officers through a revision of what amounts to "living wage" for them. I.e income that allows them to meet their private obligations and still enable them to concentrate on doing their job well.

I understand that the IGP is currently pushing forward a pay scale that would increase monthly salary of Nigerian police officers to N100,000.00. Why not focus on that, as a start? I am sure Nigerians will be behind a drive to make the police force, as one of the sector that has no choice but to sacrifice for the safety of the rest of us, adequately paid and compensated for doing what is possibly the most difficult job in Nigeria.
Re: Please Come In Lets Better Our Police Force (activist Mind Only) by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jun 01, 2013
@ Gbawe ;In as much as I acknowlegde the need for a better police welfare, (I'm aware of the IGP move n I give accolade to him, I believe in his gallantry and bravery) buh we cant keep our arms folded and watch as the police brutally murder and extort our fellow citizens in the believe that wen their welfare is well met all that will stop. that will be suicidal, the reason why we have to act now and strt pushing, people and consistency cracks even the hardest of rocks!!! We can do something and change Nigeria, I think we owe our children dat, they shouldn't come and meet Nig. in dsame deplorable state dat we re, that won't be an apt legacy..... It strts now.

NLnders where re U all? NPF must be better
Re: Please Come In Lets Better Our Police Force (activist Mind Only) by mikolo80: 12:36am On Jun 02, 2013
MOBILISE 1MILLION VOLUNTEERS.COLLECT 1 PER DAY.PAY KEYAMO OR FALANA TO CHALLENGE MOST BRAZEN POLICE MISDEMEANOURS.AND MAYBE PROVIDE TRAINING COMMS VESTS VEHICLES AND WELFARE ON CHRISTMAS AS WELL AS REWARDS/RECOGNITION FOR BRAVERY/ PERFORMANCE.SNIPE/BOMB FOOLISH COPS WHERE ALL ELSE FAILS
Re: Please Come In Lets Better Our Police Force (activist Mind Only) by JomecsG: 7:32am On Jun 02, 2013
guday,i think instead of embarking on such journey i will appreciate we pray 4 them 4 a better change
Re: Please Come In Lets Better Our Police Force (activist Mind Only) by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 02, 2013
Jomecs G: guday,i think instead of embarking on such journey i will appreciate we pray 4 them 4 a better change

Jesus christ!!! Re u for real? My goodness, it is this particular attitude that has continued killing our nation,"stay in our homes and pray" dat is why we re in dis deplorable state, pls note n mark my words, Prayer doesn't change a nation ,action does. We cannot continue in thid state, it is because of ur kind that I am thinking of organising movt. To overhaul d docile nature of our youths. Action changes nation.
As I write this european nation re in hot seat as their youths are protesting rampantly, particularly turkey! N dat is why u see their leaders always on their toes n working, the presenteconomic state of european nations is 100 parcent better than Nig. Yet U see there youths protesting, 2 mek the place a better place for their children
Was it not when we had a massive protest against subsidy dat d president called up a subsidy investigation panel n d rot in d system was brought to limeline 4 public view, dis same people have been der without d long arm of d law touching dem, n we re bck in our homes, nothing is done (hopefully I believe U re praying) n dey re wallowing away in our wealth! If only we organize ourselves n conduct a massive protest den U'll see wat will happen. It is really piteable dat we have been brainwashed n our keen sense reshaped all because of religion.
Govt. Have been toppled by protest, leaders sit up by protest( wen dey know have viliant fellowers), a country gets revolution by protest, actions bring about d changes we need not inactions (ur prayers). Even. D bible made us understand dat "Faith without work is useless" Thank you sire
Re: Please Come In Lets Better Our Police Force (activist Mind Only) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2013
Waiting!!!!
Re: Please Come In Lets Better Our Police Force (activist Mind Only) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 03, 2013
Domicile n lazy youths das y dis god 4saken country can nvr grow, nonsense.... Wake up let's fight injustice, wake up let's wake dis economy, wake up let's end police brutality, silly youths...
Re: Please Come In Lets Better Our Police Force (activist Mind Only) by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 08, 2013
StiLl waiting...
Re: Please Come In Lets Better Our Police Force (activist Mind Only) by funnyx(m): 7:46am On Jun 08, 2013
Brb
Re: Please Come In Lets Better Our Police Force (activist Mind Only) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2013
http://www.punchng.com/news/police-killed-foreigner-for-driving-against-traffic-eyewitness/

Policemen, killed one onyedikachi in lagos, sometime lastweek, perpetrators have been arrested, so we were meant to believe! Buh we must act, to mek sure our voices re heard. N incessant police killing must stop!!! More more, kip it coming
Re: Please Come In Lets Better Our Police Force (activist Mind Only) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 11, 2013
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/killing-of-uniben-student-family-faults-police-on-casefile/

A final year, uniben student shot in d chest by police officer ordelies attached to DPO Mrs. Carol Afeigba in benin. (We re meant to believe d police is on top of d matter, buh we really know wat it means 4 police to be ontop of a matter)

Apo 6 ... To come,
Nlnders pls come on. We need a revolution in dis coun3 its gonna strt somewhere
Re: Please Come In Lets Better Our Police Force (activist Mind Only) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 16, 2013
.... waiting
Re: Please Come In Lets Better Our Police Force (activist Mind Only) by rooftech: 3:56pm On Jun 16, 2013
u want to convert satan from hell.my friend nigerian police force can never be changed.
Re: Please Come In Lets Better Our Police Force (activist Mind Only) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
@rooftech, pls trust me on this one, just let's try sumtin, in time of injustice, d sane one should not stand aside n allow d vallain rule. ... Word.
Re: Please Come In Lets Better Our Police Force (activist Mind Only) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2013
Waiting

(1) (Reply)

Be Careful / Why Amaechi Remains Suspended —akpabio Print / Gov Amaechi Shuns Patience Jonathan’s Port Harcourt Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.