Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? (6687 Views)

Ize-Iyamu Replies Oshiomhole:How Much Did Dangote Contribute To Your Campaign? / Steady Power Supply Puts Generator Dealers Out Of Business In Kebbi / Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 02, 2013
I know for a fact that....generator dealers are the ones bribing NEPA officials to be sabotaging Government efforts on stable electricity.

So blame your fellow countrymen for the sufferings
Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by rodeo0070(m): 2:20pm On Jun 02, 2013
Na wa o!

Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by rodeo0070(m): 2:28pm On Jun 02, 2013
Dsh pishure don talk am finish...

1 Like

Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by stylesco: 3:22pm On Jun 02, 2013
Funny theory.
Will you also say that gala and lacesera producers are the cause of traffic on the road?.

1 Like

Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by pat077: 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2013
Zinosalexander: Lol. Same way armed robbers are behind the decay in the NPF, private school owners behind the poo we call an educational system, pure water manufacturers behind the lack of water. What i cant seem to understand is who is behind unemployment.
the devil is responsible 4 d high rate in unemployment so he can ve many workshops. Lol!
Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by veltany: 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2013
A nation is in darkness because a few individuals have selfishly sold the light of the nation

[size=15pt]WE SELL AND SUPPLY DOLMAR CHAINSAW PARTS IN NIGERIA. CALL 0702469432[/size]

Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by Zinosalexander(m): 5:44pm On Jun 02, 2013
pat077: the devil is responsible 4 d high rate in unemployment so he can ve many workshops. Lol!
Thank you. Now i can sleep at Night
Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by adconline(m): 6:27pm On Jun 02, 2013
NO, they dont! oya conspiracy theorist have a field day.
OBJ budgeted $16bn for power generation and the money went to him and his cronies. I wonder if all the generator dealers in the country could offer up to $1bn in bribe to politicians.
Every year, FG budgets billions of $ for power and never does anything, so politicians share the money.Power is a cash cow for Naija politicians. Gen dealers are cashing in from govt failure!

1 Like

Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by Jobig(m): 6:37pm On Jun 02, 2013
them and their stakeholders,infact stakeholders to importation of generators.
Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by InvertedHammer: 6:47pm On Jun 02, 2013
/

Conspiracy theorists at work!

Generator dealers have no hands in the power problem in Nigeria.
Money for power generation is too sweet to be ignored by the career looters.

Especially as looters are known to buy their freedom.

There is every incentive to steal and no retribution

//
Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by Virick(m): 7:05pm On Jun 02, 2013
RedBenson: Owing to the much talked propaganda that major generator dealers in the country are also a brain why we can't have stead supply of electricity in the nation, do you think so?

The fuel importation may have a logical part to play too, indeed far much more than the importation of generators. People do not buy generators everyday, but they do so with fuel. My 2 cents.
Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by Fenix: 7:15pm On Jun 02, 2013
Zinosalexander: Lol. Same way armed robbers are behind the decay in the NPF, private school owners behind the poo we call an educational system, pure water manufacturers behind the lack of water. What i cant seem to understand is who is behind unemployment.

Spot on! We usually get cause and effect backwards in this country. Generator dealers are only taking advantage of a bad situation. The government itself has zero desire to see things change. This is why for over a decade, we are still averaging 3000MW of electricity generated. This is despite every so called "effort" to change things.
Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by BeingAkorede(m): 7:48pm On Jun 02, 2013
Besides, i dont think the FG can do something about it: power failure has become nature since over a decade now.
Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by antap(m): 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2013
samseen02: learn how to start rabbit farm business. a free guide on how to start rabbit breeding right from your backyard, just follow this link to learn more https://www.nairaland.com/1310641/free-guide-how-start-rabbit
Who dey buy rabbit in Nigeria? Shey dat one na goat or ram? Nansense!
Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by deelobe: 8:32pm On Jun 02, 2013
Of course to a large extent. There are part contributors to the state ofelectricity inthis nation..
Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by nerodenero: 8:53pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ban the importation of generators, in fact deny Aso-rock generator and you will be surprised the way PHCN will function very well.Shaking my head for Naija!
Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by Kingspin(m): 9:37pm On Jun 02, 2013
The poor supply of power across the country has something to do with generator dealers/importers which Atiku is one of them. (importer)
Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by donwilly3: 10:04pm On Jun 02, 2013
wot of fuel dealer dey contribute too because wen dere is light nbody go buy fuel or diseal 4 gen dem go dey buy am only 4 motor
Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by 99cent: 10:35pm On Jun 02, 2013
interesting argument. U have a point
since all d rich people (including govt officials themselves) are using generators, no one is doing anything about our power problem.

ban generators and nigerian govt will be forced to do something about power supply. LOL
Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 02, 2013
It's isn't generator dealers that made past administrations spent almost $15 billion on power plants and there is nothing to show for it....

Constant electricity begins with adequate generation. ( we have the right amount of power plants that generate the right amount of megawatt).

To claim that a group is sabotaging our power of mere 4000 megawatt is false. A government that provides mere 4000 megawatt for 160 million people is the real saboteur.
Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by born2fuckpussy: 2:05am On Jun 03, 2013
If generators did not exist, electricity would have been stable because all the high profiles people and government officials will not have others plan other than get the problem solved and would have been solved more than a decade ago, its obvious since other countries have been living without generators, nigeria will never carry last just like the internet and and e-payment
Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by Rednose: 6:43am On Jun 03, 2013
born2fuckpussy: If generators did not exist, electricity would have been stable because all the high profiles people and government officials will not have others plan other than get the problem solved and would have been solved more than a decade ago, its obvious since other countries have been living without generators, nigeria will never carry last just like the internet and and e-payment

Isn't it high time we boy-cott the purchase of fuel generators? After all, there are better alternatives.
Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by Rednose: 7:02am On Jun 03, 2013
The use of fuel generators is expensive. You purchase your fuel generator and still have to fuel it with petrol, diesel or gas. Let's think more of solar, wind and hydro-electricity. I remember being thrilled the first time I saw mini-wind mills in some locations in Lagos. Home-owners who haven't explored renewable energy should think about this alternative. The start-up cost for alternative energy is high, but there are long-term benefits. The sun is free and so is the wind. We do need to kick against the use of fuel generators, they are noisy and very unhealthy.

PHCN is taking us for a ride, we can't keep relying on them as a nation if we are to move forward. Electricity is so important, and it's one of the major reasons we are still underdeveloped. Electricity is so important, yet this thread has only 2 pages.

Although the protest that was organized by Light-Up Nigeria against Nig.'s erratic electricity supply some years ago is commendable, we need more pragmatic solutions. One of them is boy-cotting the purchase of fuel generators. Lets campaign for the production of clean, noiseless and renewable electricity.
Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 03, 2013
Yes they and owners of fuel station will fight anything that will make Nigeria have 247 power. Have you ever wondered why phcn will never bring light anytime Nigeria has a serious event like Football matches? It is there deal with these 2 people, gen dealers + oil moguls so that you will have to buy Gen and Buy fuel.
Re: Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 03, 2013
@Rednose & gboss4sure, i totally i gree wit u people. Infact i never considered the aspect of fuel moguls and thier importatns, i think u just opened my eyes there.

At least, am closed to one gen. dealer. This guy is doing excellently well in his biz. On one occasion, i commended him for doing well in his biz but i later tactically asked him, "Dont u think u shld have subdiary branches of ur biz cos very soon now in Nigeria, we'll have constant electricity and that means no one will look generator again twice left alone asking u how much?" Guess what he answered me, "Who told u there will ever be constant light in Nigeria?". That was his response. Now how did he come to such conclusion that there will 'never' be constant light in Nigeria?

That response alone from that man made me to believe these people have hands in dis light problem.

Fuel importers are a major factor too. Taking advantage in citizens' pains to make evil money.

May God help us all - Amen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTO NEWS ; Amaechi's Loads of Failed Promises. / The Helicopters That Evacuated CDS Badeh’s Family From Mubi: A Lesson For All Ni / How GMB Killed Nollywood Actor, Nkem ‘osofia’ Owoh’s Brother In His Prime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.