Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Travelling To Mumbai, India - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Mumbai, India (1266 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling To Mumbai, India by eviegold: 11:26pm On Jun 01, 2013
Hello everyone. I would like my cousin to meet me at Mumbai, India for a vacation. I was wondering how easy it would be for her to obtain a visa and roughly how much it would cost. Also I am aware that there are many flights to India from Lagos, but which one would you recommend? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Mumbai, India by delonz(m): 5:40am On Jun 02, 2013
It depends on the type of visa you want for ur couson. Is the person applying for the visa personally or passing through agent? It will be more expensive if through agent. Avrage of 350k could get you visa and flight tickect through agent. But it will be cheaper if the person applys personally. Ethiopia Air line, Emirate and Qatar frequent India.
Re: Travelling To Mumbai, India by femart(m): 6:44am On Jun 02, 2013
Tell him to apply from the Embassy it cost just 7k for one month visa. As agent will ask you for 100k.
Re: Travelling To Mumbai, India by delonz(m): 7:25am On Jun 02, 2013
femart: Tell him to apply from the Embassy it cost just 7k for one visa. As agent will ask you for 100k.

You are right but applying personally is so hectic.
Re: Travelling To Mumbai, India by gonon: 7:53am On Jun 02, 2013
I was in Mumbai in 2011. We flew with Ethiopian airlines which landed in Addis Ababa and another plane took us to Mumbai. Ethiopian airlines is OK, that is d plane from Lagos to Addis Ababa, but the second plane was like molue. I don't know if they have changed the plane now though. Another thing, eat before u get in the air because you might not enjoy the food served in the plane, am talking from experience, and its a 12hr flight:if I remember correctly. Well enjoy
Re: Travelling To Mumbai, India by eviegold: 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2013
Thanks for all your replies. You've all given me really useful information here to work with.
Re: Travelling To Mumbai, India by eviegold: 7:19pm On Jun 13, 2013
Hello again. I hadn't realised that the time I wanted to travel to Mumbai is at the height of the Monsoon (ending of July). Tell me, does it rain every single day during this month? If it does I just won't go because spending all that money would be a complete waste.
Re: Travelling To Mumbai, India by VanezFitz: 3:15pm On Jun 14, 2013
If she's taking the flight from Lagos, I recommend to stick with Emirates, Jet Airways or Jet Lite. Have a great time with your cousin.

(1) (Reply)

10 Strangest Buildings In The World / The 7 Best Places To Live Rich Without Much Money / Army general crushed to death in gory accident *GRAPHIC PICTURE*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.