Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Have You Ever Been A "Born Again" Christian Before? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Been A "Born Again" Christian Before? (1263 Views)

Can A Born Again Give A Head During Sex? / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been A "Born Again" Christian Before? by djeezy(m): 6:56am On Jun 02, 2013
Arguably, it has been categorically asserted and contended that going to church doesn't make you a christian, this is tantamount to standing in your garage doesn't make you a car. The word "christian" is just nominal and serve no real purpose. It is ipso facto a name that differentiates us from other religions and it is by all odds pretentious, practical cases abound like for the purpose of filling forms,writing the name of a religion in lieu of vacuum or lacuna. At a point in some people's life, when the chips where down once gave their life to Christ. It is not a rare practice as we all know there is a term "born again". It is not uncommon when someone asks you are you a christian? Following a preceding question, are you "born again"? Some people's faith is still extant whilst the fire of many has been extinguished and in extreme cases total apostasy, hence backsliding. Have you ever been "born again" christian before? What happened, and your experiences. Also for those who lost their faith. Mature responses pls.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been A "Born Again" Christian Before? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 02, 2013
I was a bigot religious wise and also tending towards fanatism (fanatic) because it got to a point I was almost practising the mosaic law, but after I realised somethings I noticed this life is not as hard as we tend to see it from the religious point of view my perspective about world religions changed and I must confess when I was a practising christian it had some positive impacts in my life, because before then I was a womanizer but the religion changed my perspective concerning some stuff, but I must say , religion is good because it really modifies some people behavioural wise because if not for the fear of God or hell some people won't even have a pinch of good behaviour or moral, but thanks to religion , but now whenever I do things I don't do it because I don't want to go to hell I just do it for service to humanity..Hence Religion should be propagated and reason or rationalty to of for adherence abrogated...
Re: Have You Ever Been A "Born Again" Christian Before? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:13am On Jun 02, 2013
I am a Born-Again Pagan.
Re: Have You Ever Been A "Born Again" Christian Before? by Emusan(m): 1:42pm On Jun 02, 2013
@Op, It really pains me when I see the way practicing Christianity today because we've lost the true message of Christ both pastors and follwers have put an earthly things into the service of God. Our attitude towards God's service is zero no wonder the Holy Spirit of God can no longer move in us.

Alot of people today have backslided because they fail to realise and discover what it takes to be a christian and the true message of our Lord Jesus. Being born again or believing in God doesn't mean you can't archive what you suppose to archive.

What brought the issue of 'Born Again'? A certain man came to Jesus and asked Him what can I do to be save?
"John 3:5-Jesus answered, verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a mam be born or water and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God" This very verse make it clear for someone to enter into the kingdom of God he/she must be 'Born Again', then what does it mean to born again? Born again can simply be stated as being turned into a new creature through the help of the Holy Ghost.

There are alot to say about this but space and time did not permit to do so.

Virtually about 90% of christians today a not Born again incuding pastor but you don't need to look at them because everybody will stand before the throne and face his own judgement. No wonder unbelievers are increasing in number because God cannot prove Himself in most christian life again.

God help us all!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is There Truly A Curse On First Born / South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him / Allah's Hell Is More Realistic Than Yahweh's Hell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.