Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

I Have No Regrets Killing My Father - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Have No Regrets Killing My Father (1390 Views)

How I Found My Father After 30yrs Through Nairaland / Woman Who Cooks With Menstrual Blood Says "No Regrets" / Please I Need Your Advice I Feel Like Killing My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have No Regrets Killing My Father by busar(m): 1:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
An 18-year-old boy, Olanrewaju Kayode-Aremu, who was recently arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for stabbing his 46-year-old father, Victor Kayode-Aremu, to death has said he does not regret his action.

The native of Kwara State added that he decided to stab his father to death because he could not lay his hands on poison or a gun which he would have used to kill his father

PUNCH Metro had reported on May 15, 2013 that the suspect stabbed his father to death at their home located at Langbasa in Ajah.

It had also been reported that the suspect was a Geology student of the University of Ilorin, Kwara State, but was asked to leave the school due to his poor grades.

The suspect, who is currently being detained at the state Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba, said he killed his father for many reasons.

He said killing his father was a mistake but he still had no regrets.

Olarenwaju said one of the reasons why he killed his father was that his father forced him to study Geology even though he did not like the course.

He said, "My father used to maltreat me and my mother was aware of this. Sometimes he would not give me food or money. He sent me to University of Ilorin but I did not get the course I wanted. I was admitted to study Geology but I wanted to study Biochemistry.

"My father forced me to go to the school and after I failed, the school asked me to leave. I started working with my father afterwards and I used to follow him to work. He did not want to send me to school anymore."

Narrating what happened on the day he killed his father, Olanrewaju said he had complained to his parents that he was not feeling too well but they had ignored him.

He said it was in the usual behaviour of his father to maltreat him, adding that he decided to vent his anger on his father

He said, "On that day that I killed my father, I was ill and I told my parents but they ignored me. I do not really know what came over me. I took a knife and followed my father upstairs and stabbed him repeatedly. He ran downstairs and I chased him downstairs and stabbed him once more.

"My mother saw me when I stabbed him to death but she did nothing."

Asked why he decided to kill his father in such a gruesome manner, he said, "I could not get poison or a gun. That was why I stabbed him."

Olanrewaju, who is the first of five children, said his father married a second wife and this had strained the good relationship the family once had.

He said on several occasions, his father had sent him out of the house because he hated him, stressing that he had reported to relatives but no one ever listened to him.

Olanrewaju said he killed his father because he believed he would not be arrested due to his young age. He said he thought the murder would be treated as a family affair.

He lamented that since his arrest, family members, including his mother, had refused to visit him.

He said, "My mother has not come to visit me since I was arrested. I want her to get me a lawyer. I am still very young. I killed him because I wanted to be free. I did not know I would be arrested. I thought nothing would ever happen to me.

"I am not happy in detention and I want the police to release me; I have suffered enough. I am not happy in the cell."
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father by Afam4eva(m): 1:51pm On Jun 03, 2013
Chei, some people get mind oo. Aluu(Abomination)
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father by Iaz93: 2:53pm On Jun 03, 2013
busar: An 18-year-old boy, Olanrewaju Kayode-Aremu
He lamented that since his arrest, family members, including his mother, had refused to visit him.

He said, "My mother has not come to visit me since I was arrested. I want her to get me a lawyer. I am still very young. I killed him because I wanted to be free. I did not know I would be arrested. I thought nothing would ever happen to me.

"I am not happy in detention and I want the police to release me; I have suffered enough. I am not happy in the cell."
This guy is a conc. mumu!
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father by Vansnickers: 12:04am On Jun 04, 2013
LOL at the Numbskull!

Rip to the Father. This World is filled with Retards.
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father by Afam4eva(m): 12:06am On Jun 04, 2013
I even thought he was gonna give a very good reason why he killed his father that will make me support him sef. What a dunce. The only reason i will fault his father is for not taking him to a mental home early enough.

1 Like

Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 04, 2013
Killing his dad doesn't make him a free mam, rather it just worsened his case
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 04, 2013
Afam4eva: I even thought he was gonna give a very good reason why he killed his father that will make me support him sef. What a dunce. The only reason i will fault his father is for not taking him to a mental home early enough.

You mean there's a chance of you supporting him kill his own father? shocked
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father by Afam4eva(m): 12:11am On Jun 04, 2013
staicey:

You mean there's a chance of you supporting him kill his own father? shocked
It was a tongue-in-cheek statement. I don't support the killing of any human being but i was expected a better case from the guy. The reason he gave was stup1d and he deserves to be shot with his mouth wide open.

Btw, i think you're beautiful. Just glanced at your profile pic.
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father by Nobody: 12:17am On Jun 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
It was a tongue-in-cheek statement. I don't support the killing of any human being but i was expected a better case from the guy. The reason he gave was stup1d and he deserves to be shot with his mouth wide open.

Btw, i think you're beautiful. Just glanced at your profile pic.
Okay I get your drift now. Team# no man is entitled to take the life of another cheesy
Thank you for the compliment.smiley
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father by Afam4eva(m): 12:18am On Jun 04, 2013
staicey:
Okay I get your drift now. Team# no man is entitled to take the life of another cheesy
Thank you for the compliment.smiley
You're welcome, Warri girl.
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father by Nobody: 12:20am On Jun 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
You're welcome, Warri girl.
shocked Warri? Where did you get that from? I'm not warri, but I'm deltan smiley
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father by Afam4eva(m): 12:21am On Jun 04, 2013
staicey:
shocked Warri? Where did you get that from? I'm not warri, though but I'm deltan smiley
I sha know you're either urhobo or isoko? I'm i right or right?
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
I sha know you're either urhobo or isoko? I'm i right or right?

You try gringrin just leave it like that
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father by druid06(m): 12:41am On Jun 04, 2013
[b]Very unusual story indeed but there's nothing new under the sun. It's sad to see how a disgruntled young mind has shattered the whole family's joy. There are some points I am going to make which might sound unreasonable to some especially those not from a polygamous home.

Like the boy said, the problem started when the fathered married a second wife. I have friends who shared with me their experience coming from a polygamous home and one even mentioned he was never going to marry another woman apart from the only woman in his life even if she can't bear children. There's always jealousy brewing amongst the wives and children from a polygamous family that sometimes they use diabolical means to charm the other wives children to be lesser in respect to their own children.

Remember the line where the boy said he did not know what entered him that faithful day, this is an example to show you he was under the influence of an evil spirit probably done by the second wife or the influence might be from the mother.

Another point is that he mentioned problems started after the dad took another wife and the teenager in particular started having feuds with his dad. He was once close to the dad and after the intake of a new wife, they couldn't stand the sight of each other with him being the first child of the family.

Another suspicious act is the attitude of the mother towards her own son. I understand what the little boy did was a very sinful act and in some traditions, it's a sacrilage but all mothers usually stand by their children whatever the crisis or consequences is. So the mother not visiting him while in custody to stand by him shows an evil force lurking somewhere in that family.

The part that first raced the first red flag in my mind was the boy's assault to the father. The mother saw her little innocent boy stabbing his father and she stood there doing nothing. Other women would scream and call for help or run towards the boy dragging him away from the father but she stood there doing nothing..

So it's either the boy's mother is behind all these because she's angry and jealous with her husband for taking in another wife and she used her first son as the sacrifice for the destruction of the family or the new wife is the problem behind it all..

To all the men and future father's out there. Do not be tempted to take in another wife no matter how wealthy and influencial you are. Women that are jealous can kill and destroy.Polygamy is a curse and it's an old pratice by our ancestors to show/brag to the society how wealthy they were. Stay away from it. My advice.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father by tbaba1234: 3:28am On Jun 04, 2013
Mr Druid,

Many of the things you said are very faulty. I do not understand, your fixation with black magic.

1. The boy said, he didn't know what came over him but he also said he killed him to be free. There was no black magic at play here, what you have is premeditated murder. A dumb murderer. Nothing to do with polygamy or black magic.

2. Polygamy is NOT a curse. In history, societies (including christian societies) needed it for survival. The wives and children provided labour that cultivated farmlands.

3. My grandfather was polygamous and it was fine. The children from the home still get along fine. So while there might exist the occasional conflict, polygamous families are not always as stereotyped.

4. The mother not visiting him simply shows a woman pissed off by the cruelty of her son. IT has nothing to do with magic.

5. Maybe, she was shocked beyond words at the actions of her son.. Perfectly understandable reaction... Not everyone will scream when they witness a traumatic event.

NO ONE IS BEHIND ANYTHING. THE BOY KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING.

1 Like

Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father by druid06(m): 4:39am On Jun 04, 2013
I don't disagree with you neither am I in agreement with your thesis. An 18yo boy just instinctively woke up one faithful morning and decided to murder his father for of a feud he has with the father because he wants to be free. If he wanted to be free, he should have ran away like other teenager would do. He had so many opportunities to do so. Why still hang around? There are so many other 18yo old out there in Lagos in constant conflict with their fathers, why don't they just kill them all to be free. There's something at work here that is more than what meets the eyes. Believe in black magic or not my brother, it exist and some evil minded people are using such diabolical acts to harm others daily without anyone noticing.

tbaba1234: Mr Druid,

Many of the things you said are very faulty. I do not understand, your fixation with black magic.

1. The boy said, he didn't know what came over him but he also said he killed him to be free. There was no black magic at play here, what you have is premeditated murder. A dumb murderer. Nothing to do with polygamy or black magic.

2. Polygamy is NOT a curse. In history, societies (including christian societies) needed it for survival. The wives and children provided labour that cultivated farmlands.

3. My grandfather was polygamous and it was fine. The children from the home still get along fine. So while there might exist the occasional conflict, polygamous families are not always as stereotyped.

4. The mother not visiting him simply shows a woman pissed off by the cruelty of her son. IT has nothing to do with magic.

5. Maybe, she was shocked beyond words at the actions of her son.. Perfectly understandable reaction... Not everyone will scream when they witness a traumatic event.

NO ONE IS BEHIND ANYTHING. THE BOY KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING.

Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father by andyanders: 6:17am On Jun 05, 2013
druid06: [b]Very unusual story indeed but there's nothing new under the sun. It's sad to see how a disgruntled young mind has shattered the whole family's joy. There are some points I am going to make which might sound unreasonable to some especially those not from a polygamous home.

Like the boy said, the problem started when the fathered married a second wife. I have friends who shared with me their experience coming from a polygamous home and one even mentioned he was never going to marry another woman apart from the only woman in his life even if she can't bear children. There's always jealousy brewing amongst the wives and children from a polygamous family that sometimes they use diabolical means to charm the other wives children to be lesser in respect to their own children.

Remember the line where the boy said he did not know what entered him that faithful day, this is an example to show you he was under the influence of an evil spirit probably done by the second wife or the influence might be from the mother.

Another point is that he mentioned problems started after the dad took another wife and the teenager in particular started having feuds with his dad. He was once close to the dad and after the intake of a new wife, they couldn't stand the sight of each other with him being the first child of the family.

Another suspicious act is the attitude of the mother towards her own son. I understand what the little boy did was a very sinful act and in some traditions, it's a sacrilage but all mothers usually stand by their children whatever the crisis or consequences is. So the mother not visiting him while in custody to stand by him shows an evil force lurking somewhere in that family.

The part that first raced the first red flag in my mind was the boy's assault to the father. The mother saw her little innocent boy stabbing his father and she stood there doing nothing. Other women would scream and call for help or run towards the boy dragging him away from the father but she stood there doing nothing..

So it's either the boy's mother is behind all these because she's angry and jealous with her husband for taking in another wife and she used her first son as the sacrifice for the destruction of the family or the new wife is the problem behind it all..

To all the men and future father's out there. Do not be tempted to take in another wife no matter how wealthy and influencial you are. Women that are jealous can kill and destroy.Polygamy is a curse and it's an old pratice by our ancestors to show/brag to the society how wealthy they were. Stay away from it. My advice.[/b]

Well spoken. Too bad to go into polygamy.
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 05, 2013
This lazzy ungrateful ar..sehoe would have killed my dear mother who practically ran a barrack while we were growing if he were her son. What did the poor dad really did wrong to deserve what he got? They should lock him up for the rest of his sorry life without the possibility of parole .Omoalejatijati
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father by slimyem: 7:33am On Jun 05, 2013
lmao @him thinking killing his father would be treated as a family affair:
Boy should have been locked up long ago.

(1) (Reply)

What's That You Can't Be Caught Doing? / Please Advice / How Would You Feel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.