Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,525 members, 7,823,284 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

MouthAction Caused My Throat Cancer: Michael Douglas - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / MouthAction Caused My Throat Cancer: Michael Douglas (736 Views)

MouthAction Is ‘bigger Cause Of Throat Cancer Than Tobacco’ / Michael Douglas Blames MouthAction For Throat Cancer / How Can I Get Rid Of The Worm In My Throat (2) (3) (4)

(1)

MouthAction Caused My Throat Cancer: Michael Douglas by justin04(m): 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2013
Actor Michael Douglas believes his throat cancer was caused by a virus he contracted while performing MouthAction on women.
Douglas was diagnosed with throat cancer in 2010 and has been free of the disease for more than two years.
In an interview published Monday in Britain’s The Guardian newspaper, the 68-year-old actor blamed cunnilingus for his cancer.
Asked whether he now regretted his years of smoking and drinking – which are typically the two primary causes of throat cancer, Douglas replied: "No. Because without wanting to get too specific, this particular cancer is caused by HPV [human papillomavirus], which actually comes about from cunnilingus."
He continued: "It’s a sexually transmitted disease that causes cancer,” before adding with a shrug, “And if you have it, cunnilingus is also the best cure for it."
It’s likely Douglas was joking with that comment, as there is no evidence that MouthAction can cure oral cancer, notes Dr. Mahesh Kumar, a consultant head and neck surgeon in London.
"Maybe he thinks that more exposure to the virus will boost his immune system. But medically, that just doesn't make sense,” Kumar told The Guardian.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/health/oral-sex-caused-my-throat-cancer-michael-douglas-1.1308306
Re: MouthAction Caused My Throat Cancer: Michael Douglas by Sissy3(f): 8:40pm On Jun 03, 2013

(1)

Role Of Water In Health And Weight Loss / How Do I Get Rid Of Birth Mark? / Pharmacist Interventions Improve Outcomes, Reduce Costs 4 Home Infusion Therapy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.