Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? (2557 Views)

OMG! Small Children Rocking Themselves In Intimate Dance At A Party :o / A Man Set Ablaze Because Of Being Intimate With His Mother In Enugu (pics) / SHAME: 46-year-old Igbo Man Caught Being Intimate With A Sheep In Ebonyi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
A friend called this morning and was complaining that her doctor examine her three days ago and told her she's not been having enough sex and that's why her under is so tight and that can prolong her labour when the time comes. she's eight months pregnant now. her hubby traveled out a month after their weding and since then, she has not had sex. base on my knowledge and experience, i told her that not having sex can not prolong her labour, but she didn't believe it. if u've had any experience like this or u have knowlege

1 Like

Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by tpia5: 4:47pm On Jun 03, 2013
doesnt sound like something a real doctor would say.

i could be wrong however, i'm open to being corrected.
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 04, 2013
say something if u have an ideal. dont just read and pass.
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by EveryLadY(f): 10:33am On Jun 04, 2013
missmishel: say something if u have an ideal. dont just read and pass.

some of us branched in to learn also.no experience,wetin u wan make wre say? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 04, 2013
tpia@:
doesnt sound like something a real doctor would say.

i could be wrong however, i'm open to being corrected.
the doctor say she's too tight under and that may prolong her labour when the time comes. then she asume it's becos she's not been intimate all along.
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 04, 2013
Every_LadY:

some of us branched in to learn also.no experience,wetin u wan make wre say? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
if u have no ideal, no problem, but those with experience or ideal should say something. at least, everybody will learn more
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by bibinwaka: 11:34am On Jun 04, 2013
dat is absolutly corect by d doc. wen i was preg 4my 1st baby abt 6mnths, weneva i go 4 chkup it waz hel because i waz 2tight under. my mum den cald me and told me 2 get realy intimate wit my huzy and frm den til i gav birth. my body bcame flexible. it realy helps.

1 Like

Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 04, 2013
Long term,no. But short term towards d end of pregnancy,it can delay it for few days. Ask google. It will give u a more comprehensive answer
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 04, 2013
bibinwaka: dat is absolutly corect by d doc. wen i was preg 4my 1st baby abt 6mnths, weneva i go 4 chkup it waz hel because i waz 2tight under. my mum den cald me and told me 2 get realy intimate wit my huzy and frm den til i gav birth. my body bcame flexible. it realy helps.
it's ur mom that told u right not ur doctor? but thank God it work for u
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 04, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Long term,no. But short term towards d end of pregnancy,it can delay it for few days. Ask google. It will give u a more comprehensive answer
This long term and short term, i dont get it at all. thank u. i'll search google as u said, but i thought hearing from people based on experience should provide accurate answer.
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by lornaluv(f): 9:54pm On Jun 04, 2013
I know the prostaglandin in the sperm helps to soften the cervix and quicken labour wen the woman is due, so maybe he noticed the cervix wasn't soft at all which is why he adviced her to get intimate!

2 Likes

Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by tpia5: 12:31am On Jun 05, 2013
missmishel: the doctor say she's too tight under and that may prolong her labour when the time comes. then she asume it's becos she's not been intimate all along.

Thats not what you said initially though.

In any case, maybe the doctor wants to recommend a cs?
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by Youngpo413: 1:06pm On Dec 05, 2014
Whatever
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 05, 2014
the doctor is saying the truth but thats non of my biz
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by alaura: 9:06am On Dec 18, 2014
He is not correct, it has nothing to do with sex, i did not have sex during pregnacy from.my second trimester cos my hubby was not comfortable with it, i asked the doc if it will affect labour since i heard it does, but she assured me it was ok. On d day of my delivery the doc even confirmed my cervix was very soft and i dilated fast, everything went well. So if u r not comfortable having sex or ur hubby is not ard it ok, all u need to do is pray for a safe delivery. Why is the doc even checking thr, all my antenatal visits d gyn does not check my v so am a bit confused.

1 Like

Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by Juzzybabe(f): 9:48am On Dec 18, 2014
I got pregnant while on my honeymoon and my husband traveled out right after,I have not had any intimacy since then. I use two different hospitals and my doctors do ask if my husband is around but they never told me anything negative in relation to that. Maybe I will just ask my doctor today since am off to the hospital.
My doctor said that's a wrong analysis. he said in some cases it MAY only be a bit difficult for the baby to come out as the opening is small and the woman will have to be cut a bit. But he said not in all cases.
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by Juzzybabe(f): 9:56am On Dec 18, 2014
Come to think of it,pls I have no experience as this is my first. I was even nervous the first time the doctor had to feel my breast. Do u guys mean the doctor will still look into my Virginia to know if my cervix is ok?
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by alaura: 3:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
Juzzybabe:
Come to think of it,pls I have no experience as this is my first. I was even nervous the first time the doctor had to feel my breast. Do u guys mean the doctor will still look into my Virginia to know if my cervix is ok?
what is he looking for in ur bossom hmm, dont understand, did he tell u why?
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by Juzzybabe(f): 4:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
alaura:
what is he looking for in ur bossom hmm, dont understand, did he tell u why?
Well,from the way he handled it,I sense he was checking for lumps or maybe accessing my milk bag. grin

1 Like

Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by adedayourt(m): 1:06am On Dec 19, 2014
Juzzybabe:

Well,from the way he handled it,I sense he was checking for lumps or maybe accessing my milk bag. grin

. . . and u were seariouly happie bout it grin

Wish ya safe delivery in advnce dou
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by kendraloops(f): 4:55am On Dec 19, 2014
Yea, its true according to the midwives that attended to me during childbirth.

They jokingly asked why i witheld the thing from Oga cos if i hadn't, it would have been freer down there for baby to pass through. They had to cut me up.

Was told to have more sex esp during the last months during my next preg.
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by orbis(m): 6:46am On Dec 19, 2014
I know it would be really strange to have se.x with your wife when she's preggy. All that big belle and the expression on her face would make a man loose interest.

In other news, how do you keep a man satisfied with se.x when preggy...Most men would rather look for short term relief outside.
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by Juzzybabe(f): 7:41am On Dec 19, 2014
adedayourt:

. . . and u were seariouly happie bout it grin

Wish ya safe delivery in advnce dou
I was like WHAT!!! and he said chill its a normal procedure so I just chill until he was done. Thanks Dear
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by Juzzybabe(f): 7:52am On Dec 19, 2014
kendraloops:
Yea, its true according to the midwives that attended to me during childbirth.

They jokingly asked why i witheld the thing from Oga cos if i hadn't, it would have been freer down there for baby to pass through. They had to cut me up.

Was told to have more sex esp during the last months during my next preg.
Cut you shockedshockedshocked:- I don't pray for such o cuz I can't even take injection without being held how much more that
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by adedayourt(m): 8:26am On Dec 19, 2014
Juzzybabe:

I was like WHAT!!! and he said chill its a normal procedure so I just chill until he was done. Thanks Dear

Sure if ur hubbie waz der, d Doc sef go re-adjust wit d kind eye hubby go tak luk am.

Do av a nice day sis

1 Like

Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by kendraloops(f): 1:34pm On Dec 19, 2014
Juzzybabe:

Cut you shockedshockedshocked:- I don't pray for such o cuz I can't even take injection without being held how much more that

hehehe, i pray so for you too. Just know that if you'll be cut up, you'll be injected first so you wouldn't feel any pain. The pain comes afterwards when the show is over.

pls let me know how things went when you do put to bed. I wish you all the strength from above.
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by Juzzybabe(f): 8:03pm On Dec 19, 2014
kendraloops:

hehehe, i pray so for you too. Just know that if you'll be cut up, you'll be injected first so you wouldn't feel any pain. The pain comes afterwards when the show is over.

pls let me know how things went when you do put to bed. I wish you all the strength from above.
OMG!!! I pray God help me ooo. been thinking about this all day,making me scared. will kip u posted.
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by deylookme: 10:25pm On Dec 19, 2014
E
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by EfemenaXY: 10:43pm On Dec 19, 2014
missmishel:
A friend called this morning and was complaining that her doctor examine her three days ago and told her she's not been having enough sex and that's why her under is so tight and that can prolong her labour when the time comes. she's eight months pregnant now. her hubby traveled out a month after their weding and since then, she has not had sex. base on my knowledge and experience, i told her that not having sex can not prolong her labour, but she didn't believe it. if u've had any experience like this or u have knowlege

D'you think it's healthy for teenage boy like you to be obsessed with pregnant, married women?

What other fetishes have you got? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by thorpido(m): 11:15pm On Dec 19, 2014
Juzzybabe:
Nah,the doctor will just look into your mouth.

*Hope u can take a jibe.No offence.
Re: Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour? by aspirebig: 4:27am On Dec 21, 2014
I think it depends on the individual, it is a yes and no answer. For some people yes, maybe say first timers, but for others no...What about those raped once that never had sex again till they deliver normally. Some people body are more open than others, then most of our Naija doctors these days are no even patient enough during labour to assist the woman through that painful time, others are just inexperienced in such time, they next they say it is CS.
When most of best hands are on the run to the US, UK, Canada, etc for greener pasture, what do you expect? Never in the history of Nigeria had we experienced the high rate of giving birth through CS like this generation or even women dying while giving birth.
My mother had plenty of us naturally. She stay alone and give birth in the 60s.

(1) (Reply)

My Mother Hates Me And My Sister For No Reason / Husband Pours Super Glue On Wife’s Private Parts Because She Cheated {photo} / Please Marry My Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.