Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,430 members, 7,833,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO (28950 Views)

See What This Lady Said About Bleaching. / Nigerian Skin-Bleaching Expert Shares Pictures Of His Transformation / Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 04, 2013
pulel:

D get their fact from the amount of bleachin products coming into naija for 1. D no of nigerians with funny skin color is anoda 1.
100/100 for that answer
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Osyxcel(m): 10:43am On Jun 04, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:

Lightskin Girls start bleaching later on to "remain" lightskin and remove traces of sun tan

that's the part of the bleaching epidemic most guys can't comprehend

it's not always about "becoming" lightskin, it is more about "maintaining" light brown skin.

Light Girls Bleach more then Dark Girls. IMO

To a very large extent, You're right

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by pulel(f): 10:45am On Jun 04, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:

Lightskin Girls start bleaching later on to "remain" lightskin and remove traces of sun tan

that's the part of the bleaching epidemic most guys can't comprehend

it's not always about "becoming" lightskin, it is more about "maintaining" light brown skin.

Light Girls Bleach more then Dark Girls. IMO

So true. I had some really fair girls as roommates. U wont believe d amount of beachin products d use to maintain d color of their skin.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by HezronLorraine(m): 10:46am On Jun 04, 2013
Billyonaire: Nigeria does not have demographic or biometric database, so not even the Nigerian census board knows the number of Nigerians in this country as a fact. So how did World Health gather their statistics ?
they arrived at their conclusion by checking the influx of skin lightening and bleaching products.the demands for these products is high.skin bleaching as a favourable climate in nigeria as most women believe it enhances beauty and attraction.
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 04, 2013
Cusubaba: Black is beautiful. I also don't like people that bleach their skin but where i come from we have many natural fair skin people. When this my Igbo little sister grow up, these inferior minded people will also say that she is bleaching. Nonsense...
I undastnd wat u sayin but make sure she doesn't join d yorubas sori I mean d que wen she grows up

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Sanboy25: 10:50am On Jun 04, 2013
I thought it was the Congolese, men & women.
It's like a national sport over there, even the politics are in it... undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by sportfeva(m): 10:51am On Jun 04, 2013
I am highly disappointed in WHO for this unreasonable and unscientific report. Nobody or sane Nigeria should believe it. If they want to conduct "non wearing of bra is good for your breast" they know how to conduct it perfectly and scientifically. Rubbish
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by AlyricistLaura: 10:53am On Jun 04, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBv_MZ0pvWI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here is another point i want to bring up...

look at this video...notice how "nice, shiny & pretty" the bottles that contain these horrible chemical products come in?

The bleaching market is just too "comfortable", they don't even try to deter it. If anything, it should be at least forced to "Black Market" sales appeal

meaning, the fancy bottles and shiny commercialized consumer allure should be eradicated.

Imagine if Kokaine came in Shiny Bottles and were just sold with free liberty in places. It would increase sales and lure small children as well..

Your governments don't even give a Damn!!!!

and for a Black Owned & Controlled Government {..<--Intricate Satire to my Left} To even openly Promote this Nonsense Is Sad.

Bleaching should be so damn illegal, that if a biitch wants to purchase bleaching products she should be Forced to go the Black Market Route and Buy it out of a Brown Filthy Can! or a Plastic Bag. Just like the Koke Heads and Dopee Fiends!
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 04, 2013
Bluetooth,billioniare nd 50 calibre pls dnt be so defensive wen d truth is so glarin,there are bleachers in every tribe evn in my ethnic group but mennnn YORUBA Women and men(eg Omo T's hubby)take d lead!!nd not forgetin Auchi boys!
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Sanboy25: 10:56am On Jun 04, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:
Here is another point i want to bring up...
look at this video...notice how "nice, shiny & pretty" the bottles that contain these horrible chemical products come in? The bleaching market is just too "comfortable", they don't even try to deter it. If anything, it should be at least forced to "Black Market" sales appeal
meaning, the fancy bottles and shiny consumer allure should be eradicated.
Imagine if Kokaine came in Shiny Bottles and were just sold with free liberty in places. It would increase sales and lure small children as well..
Your governments don't even give a Damn!!!!
and for a Black Owned & Controlled Government {..<--Intricate Satire to my Left} To even openly Promote this Nonsense Is Sad.
Bleaching should be so damn illegal, that if a biitch wants to purchase bleaching products she should be Forced to go the Black Market Route and Buy it out of a Brown Filthy Can! or a Plastic Bag. Just like the Koke Heads and Dopee Fiends!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iBv_MZ0pvWI

grin Haha, I really do appreciate your posts, they make a lot of sense cheesy
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Sophiegurl(f): 10:58am On Jun 04, 2013
Abeg o we no dey bleach, we just dey tone our skin to make it blend and bring out our original color. grin
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by collynzo2(m): 10:59am On Jun 04, 2013
What method did they use for the research? People should learn to think for themselves instead of just believing everthing they read.
Don't tell me they they used the number of bleaching products coming into the country as a yardstick because it doesn't make sense. How many people are buying it? Compare that with the population of adult females in the country? Do they have these statistics. Ia m very sure they don't.
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by lightheart(m): 11:00am On Jun 04, 2013
Well I've designed more lightening cream packs than normal cream packs.

And sadly, these bleaching creams sells even more.
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Ajekpako(m): 11:01am On Jun 04, 2013
The whites are tanning to be brown (lotions inclusive)while the black are bleaching(they insist its toning to bring out their original colour shocked cheesy) to be fair

like the great Fela would say "We're in a state Of confusion" embarassed embarassed

Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 04, 2013
AB$I:
Bisi omo logbalogba dino melaye, moji olaiya,sola sobowale.sikira sindodo,mosun filani,fathia and saheed balogun,rita dominic,sola kosoko etc endless list of low esteem, inferior complex plagued individuals
U FORGOT IYABO OJO
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by collynzo2(m): 11:03am On Jun 04, 2013
Sophiegurl: Abeg o we no dey bleach, we just dey tone our skin to make it blend and bring out our original color. grin
Whether fish swallow Jonah or Jonah swallow fish, there's something fishy somewhere. Stop it! Wetin hide your 'original' colour before? How you take know which one be your 'original' colour? Na una dey give naija bad name
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by collynzo2(m): 11:09am On Jun 04, 2013
Sophiegurl: Abeg o we no dey bleach, we just dey tone our skin to make it blend and bring out our original color. grin
Hve you seen any soap or cream with the word 'bleaching' before? Of course it's toning.
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 04, 2013
They all say "Black is Beautiful" but they hate their blackness.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit - superficial tingz!! grin grin grin

If 770% do bleach their skin - I wonder how the country would smell like, with freaking hot sun. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by An0nimus: 11:33am On Jun 04, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:

You look at the contrast between inner palm, and outer exterior top hand.

If the colors are too close, that indicates bleaching.
Interesting.
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by ZURYZEST(m): 11:46am On Jun 04, 2013
let them be, they are trying to port from blcakky to whitee, when the trouble show, them go begin solicit for fund to rectify the problem they caused by themselves for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 04, 2013
Billyonaire: Nigeria does not have demographic or biometric database, so not even the Nigerian census board knows the number of Nigerians in this country as a fact. So how did World Health gather their statistics ?

No mind them, 77% of what population. Naija babes wey never see GARRI and PURE WATER...
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 04, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:

Interesting Testimony By a native woman, i need to log this in my files.
yea baby,proudly native African woman
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by vm26: 11:54am On Jun 04, 2013
991: the w.h.o has not visited congo kinshasha.

i agree i am not sure aboiut who stats but they shld go make a recount in Congo coz there the men bleach their skin im sure more than the women.Pathetic
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Cusubaba(m): 11:55am On Jun 04, 2013
Black is beautiful. I love dark ebony skin like John Mikel Obi type but not charcoal like those our noisy neighbours. God created me with fair skin and am greatful to him. Am using toilet soap i.e premier to bath and vaseline to apply on my body. Pls not every body that have fair skin used bleaching creams.

Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Princek12(m): 11:56am On Jun 04, 2013
No wonder a lot of Nigerian women smell bad. Most of them are bleaching, and little do they know that there are terrible body odors attendant to bleaching your skin, particularly when you take into account Nigeria's heat, high humidity, and inadequate electricity to power your A/C.
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by zolajpower: 11:57am On Jun 04, 2013
Okija juju:

MY BRO I NO KNOW SAY U DEY SEE WETIN I DEY SEE. NA SAID AND JIDE KOSOKO OWN WORSE PASS, THIS 2 PPLE BE LIKE GAY. INFACT GHANA SOAP DON DEY EXPENSES COS OF THIS TWO GUYS
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 04, 2013
What are the criteria used in coming to the conclusion that Nigerian women lead in skin bleaching? The truth is that this is just a guess work. I can't imagine when the WHO Nigeria is trying to dissuade people from doing things they will use all false information to do so. I think this information is false.

Not until they provide us with the statistical records not because there is huge store dedicated to bleaching products in Abuja, blablabla...

I need proofs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Do Women Gain By Exposing Their Bodies? / Girls Uses Indomie To Style Hair!! [pic] / Where Can I Get Training On How To Make Ankara Shoes And Bags?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.