Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability (2240 Views)

Man Smashes His £100,000 BMW M6 In Protest About Car’s Reliability / Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL / Reliability Of Mercedes Benz C240/c320 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by visionthek: 7:26am On Jun 04, 2013
I have been looking at Chrysler products for a while and I love the looks and style of the 300m, but my friends are there to discourage; no Toyota, Nissan or any other Japanese car no car. I tried some mechanics, here is what they have to say:
It is too complicated
It is mechanically ok but wiring faults
Don't buy at all
I just want something above or away from the normal (Camry, maxima, corolla, Altima and co)
What advice do you have and are there good mechanic you can recommend who specialize in Chrysler?
If you are driving one presently in Nigeria, what is it like?
Pls I need your help.
Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by CHIMCO(m): 8:32pm On Jun 04, 2013
My brother,chrysler looks elegant and style but i spent upto 2 months with a friend of mine at Alaoji at Aba Abia State to change new chrysler engine to a Toyota engine because of heavy OVERHEATING. After the conversion which looks untidy and costly. The car is moving well with the toyota engine now.
Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by Ikenna351(m): 9:41pm On Jun 04, 2013
CHIMCO: My brother,chrysler looks elegant and style but i spent upto 2 months with a friend of mine at Alaoji at Aba Abia State to change new chrysler engine to a Toyota engine because of heavy OVERHEATING. After the conversion which looks untidy and costly. The car is moving well with the toyota engine now.

This is the worst car repair i have ever read on Nairaland. So swapping in a Toyota engine in a Chrysler car simply because the Chrysler engine was overheating, was the solution to fixing an overheating issue in a car? So when the Toyota engine starts to overheat too, which brand of car engine would the mechanic swamp in now? Honda engine?

What is so difficult in troubleshooting an overheating issue? When they have abused the cooling system by removing the thermostat, bypassing factory fan connection to spin constantly, using only water and not bleeding the system after they have meted out their abuse on the system. Why wouldnt the engine overheat? Now whose fault it is? Chrysler?

Ikenna.

5 Likes

Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by visionthek: 10:43pm On Jun 04, 2013
I have also seen a dodge intrepid with a Toyota engine. It is so so ugly you would not want to drive.
I learnt the engine goes for #150,000.00. I think buying another engine will be better.
Both Dodge & Chrysler share the same platform.
Apart from the over heating are there any other issues withe the ride that is out of the normal?
And pls like I said earlier a good Chrysler mechanic is as well needed.
Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by CHIMCO(m): 12:46am On Jun 05, 2013
Ikenna351:

This is the worst car repair i have ever read on Nairaland. So swapping in a Toyota engine in a Chrysler car simply because the Chrysler engine was overheating, was the solution to fixing an overheating issue in a car? So when the Toyota engine starts to overheat too, which brand of car engine would the mechanic swamp in now? Honda engine?

What is so difficult in troubleshooting an overheating issue? When they have abused the cooling system by removing the thermostat, bypassing factory fan connection to spin constantly, using only water and not bleeding the system after they have meted out their abuse on the system. Why wouldnt the engine overheat? Now whose fault it is? Chrysler?

Ikenna.

What they did was conversion or construction. They put in Camery Toyota engine, which hardly overhit. It is now Chrysler car with Camery Toyota engine.
Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by visionthek: 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2013
According to a mechanic, he said the car is a very good car but the problem is that most mechanics want to do trial and error with every machine they lay their hands even if they do not have any clue as to how this things work. He further went on to say that; the parts are in market but not as much as Toyota or Nissan parts, but when you get to buy them you are rest assured that it will last cos the imitation is not much, with good mechanic I will enjoy the ride.
I tend to share his view cos our mechanics are in to destroy your ride if you allow them.
I also spoke to a former owner who said his mechanic destroyed the car for him by allowing it to overheat three times
and after that the engine was never the same. He describe the ride quality as amazing and that it handles like a sports car.
Naira Landers what is your opinion on this matter.
Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by CHIMCO(m): 9:36am On Jun 08, 2013
O Y O, the mechanic is saying all these to keep you permenently as his customer. Na today.
Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by visionthek: 10:58am On Jun 08, 2013
Chimco
Your experience with the car might not be satisfying. The thing there about what you expressed is a total experimental project, it's fine to do that provided u have the right tools. Instead of going through the rigors of constructing an engine seat and other modifications,why not buy another engine. Believe it or not your mechanic destroyed that engine due to lack of experience with that particular model or brand.
Or will you buy a Ferrari and give it to a Toyota mechanic or buy a Lincoln and let a Toyota mechanic service it, that is purely putting a sphere in a cube hole.
Not condemning your statements but the logic is not logical enough to prove any thing.

1 Like

Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by Ikenna351(m): 11:18am On Jun 08, 2013
CHIMCO: What they did was conversion or construction. They put in Camery Toyota engine, which hardly overhit. It is now Chrysler car with Camery Toyota engine.

Are you saying Toyota Camry engines hardly overheat? Seriously? So all the threads and posts in Car Talk about Toyota Camry overheating issues are what then?

Please, tell me something else i dont know about Toyota Camry engines. Hardly overheats indeed!

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 08, 2013
What arrant nonsense

CHIMCO: My brother,chrysler looks elegant and style but i spent upto 2 months with a friend of mine at Alaoji at Aba Abia State to change new chrysler engine to a Toyota engine because of heavy OVERHEATING. After the conversion which looks untidy and costly. The car is moving well with the toyota engine now.

1 Like

Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by visionthek: 4:11pm On Jun 08, 2013
We be Nija we over hype every thing, now Toyota Camry theft is another issue what discussing. In Abeokuta, between 25th Dec 2012 - 5th January 2013 there were 13 reports of stolen vehicles all Toyota Camry be it any form.
Did I hear u say it's because its reliable, no its because our mechanics dictate what we drive.
I use to think we are fashionable, but not when it comes to ride, we all want to sleep and face a particular spot.
Explore pls.

1 Like

Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by CHIMCO(m): 7:29am On Jun 09, 2013
visionthek: Chimco
Your experience with the car might not be satisfying. The thing there about what you expressed is a total experimental project, it's fine to do that provided u have the right tools. Instead of going through the rigors of constructing an engine seat and other modifications,why not buy another engine. Believe it or not your mechanic destroyed that engine due to lack of experience with that particular model or brand.
Or will you buy a Ferrari and give it to a Toyota mechanic or buy a Lincoln and let a Toyota mechanic service it, that is purely putting a sphere in a cube hole.
Not condemning your statements but the logic is not logical enough to prove any thing.
you want me to tell you what you want to hear. As i am writing, we have up to six fairly used chrysler for sale, problems overheating. Go ahead and satisfy your mind. We expect your testimony.
Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 09, 2013
CHIMCO: you want me to tell you what you want to hear. As i am writing, we have up to six fairly used chrysler for sale, problems overheating. Go ahead and satisfy your mind. We expect your testimony.
Show me the Chryslers.
Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by Ikenna351(m): 6:48pm On Jun 09, 2013
Find reviews in the link below:

http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/chrysler/300m/

Ikenna.
Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by KA24DETT(m): 8:30pm On Jun 09, 2013
Why is is whenever a car gets to naija , it starts to overheat. People drive cars 20-25yrs here and it does not overheat but when it gets to naija, it overheats.

Stop putting ordinary water as coolant. Stop bypassing the radiator fan and please stop removing the thermostat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by Ikenna351(m): 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2013
KA24DETT: Why is is whenever a car gets to naija , it starts to overheat. People drive cars 20-25yrs here and it does not overheat but when it gets to naija, it overheats.

Stop putting ordinary water as coolant. Stop bypassing the radiator fan and please stop removing the thermostat.

Period.

Ikenna
Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by Ikenna351(m): 8:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
Now, from the link of review of 300m i provided above, i didnt read anywhere in those reviews where it was stated the car overheated, yet some of them had done more than 100k miles. Now, who was saying the Chrysler 300m are known for overheating?

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 09, 2013
@chimco show me the Chryslers overheating Mr Chimco!
Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 09, 2013
Am not talking about reviews. Rather am referring to the six Chryslers he has put up for sale due to overheating problems.

Ikenna351: Chrysler

Ikenna.
Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by visionthek: 5:18pm On Jun 10, 2013
Chimco,what I don't understand what is if you just totally hate the brand or there is more to it.
Like I said your method for resolving issues is indeed awful, its like cutting off ones head because of head ache. Tell me, was the mechanic who serviced your Chrysler a Chrysler mechanic? Certainly the answer is no, he does not know about the system and he wants to service it, he will only end up salvaging the car. Town & country, caravan, neon, intrepid, 300c, 300m, Aspen, Pacifica, which ones do you have with the overheating problems?
Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by visionthek: 5:29pm On Jun 10, 2013
This is a direct lift from one of the forums.
Car Talk / Re: Honda Baby Boy Vs Camry Tiny Light by visionthek:
Both cars are reliable, though the baby boy looks better than the Camry.
But, there is a reason why we all go for either of these cars and that is because our mechanics dictate what we drive.
We have the money to buy other brands of vehicle but due to the bland and unwilling nature of most of our mechanics to acquire more knowledge about car technology we are stock.
I was chatting with a mechanic about chrysler 300m, he said the ride is not reliable that presently he has one in his work shop and the transmission will not go past the second gear. You could imagine his own idea of fixing that kind of problem, simply because there is ABS warning on the dash he thought the ABS was affecting it.
From the research I made, the gear will go into limp mode once there is fault. The reason mostly for this is a faulty computer on the transmission body or a faulty transmission body valve and another computer on the inside of the transmission.
Our mechanics only do trial and error even with their own life. Toyota Camry, Honda baby boy are simple engineering and little fun compared to the likes of Mercedes, BMW, chrysler, Audi and some other better handling rides.
Right now am in Jos. They like Honda products like .....
But for commercial transport they value Opel more while in Lagos mechanics will tell you Opel is no good.
Please explore enjoy and don't be limited to what you see everyday.
Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 10, 2013
Chimco am waiting
Re: Chrysler 300m 2000 - 2004 Reliability by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:56pm On Jan 23, 2017
Chrysler are something else

we once had Chrysler PT Cruiser after doing headgasket, waterpump thermostat etc the would still overheat, went online and we found that it was common problem on this model of Chrysler more like the common problem of rover 75 and freelander

(1) (Reply)

How Close Is Too Close To The Steering Wheel? / When Is This Car Due For Servicing / Photo: Meet The Fastest Car In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.