Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,843 members, 7,831,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. (7163 Views)

"I Will Accept Any Government Appointment From Buhari" – Jega / May God Forbid That Any Government Will Repeat What Gej's Did – Oby Ezekwesil / I'm A Friend To Any Government In Power-Asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by Crayola1: 3:46pm On Jun 04, 2013
iykology:

Name one Politician from other ethnic groups that is worthy to be president in a true standard democracy

None of them, even the cirrhosis of the neck Fashola people hype.
grin
Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by coogar: 3:48pm On Jun 04, 2013
Crayola1:
Lol I rather be in a country with safety nets than one without.

then remain in the safety net country and leave nigeria alone. you have proven you have no clue anyways so what's the point?

Not everyone lives in the projects and on public assistance, but your concern about those things sounds like a cry for help? Does western union wire food stamps? Maybe you can barter them for your weekly ration of garri?cheesy

i am fully aware not everyone lives on public welfare but i am 110% sure you do. you have added nothing meaningful to this discussion asides hollow sound-bites!

Did I say it adds anything or detracts? But thanks for letting us know you are still bitter the consulate denied your visacheesy

they did deny me & i am sad!
i have another interview next week, the 77th one if i may add, to get out of nigeria. however, it still doesn't alter the fact that you function on a single digit IQ!

1 Like

Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 04, 2013
Garri the 1st:

The War gets all the blame...

SMH

I didn't even see this one before I commented. I just left a thread where a aptly named forumite "one naira" was arguing that it was the civil war that allowed 9 of 21 richest people of yoruba origin to be there as against the multitude of business genuises from the east coast.

Sorry for the deviation, but the thinking process of the easterners just got clearer to me right about now; "if in doubt blame the civil war" cheesy
Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 04, 2013
achi4u: The day we supported Obj(a yorubaman)instead of our own Alex Ekwueme(if that is TRUE) is the day our political land sliding started and such an opportunity will only occur again after Gej second tenure in office.
Op the way you painted igbos one may think we're that weak and cannot define our future,smh you are right at the other hand ur'nt because are a force to be reckon with despite our lapses.

@mekaboy nawa for you o! lol we're not the only money bag in this country....yes we need that cash.grin

Bro there have been arguments that OBJ was actually fathered by an igbo man. Also, ijebu igbo (close to owu enough) is also a lost city of alaigbo, no harm in voting him.

I didn't make any of these up, if you search nairaland you'll see posts containing these info. grin
Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 04, 2013
The onus of the igbo debacle in Nigeria is; Igbo do things unilaterally without carrying others along ..........No concrete Alliance nor Negotiations .......

..........Take a look @ APC which is the first real political party in 4th republic other than Retired Generals and Commander-In-Chiefs created PDP nor other regional based parties .................Igbo were laughing saying Yoruba were licking Aboki's ass ....... Who can get power without Aboki ........and can Aboki get power without Yoruba .......therefore as far as Nigeria is concern we need one another to be relevant in real terms !!!

They say it is difficult to empower an Igboman with trust........he will carry only himself along and damn the others......... (Individualistic Approach) !!!

An Ijaw even have trust issues with them ..........it would be amazing if Ijaw return dis Goodwill to Igbo .......

I think Ijawman is tired of being used to clinch power .........
..........and Ijaw/ND has supported one Nigeria and Resource Control which is understandable ..............

Igbo should change this trust issues and not seen as persons whom when grabbed political powers would used it to terrorise the whole Nation !!!

I think the Political Orientation of Igboman which is unique in Africa(in that Igbo society lacks consensus Leader) ......Overambitious;self acclaimed superiority; oversmartness ;empty chest beating;arrogance and looking down on superior others as Inferior and powerless is the bane of Igbo political development !!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by Crayola1: 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2013
coogar:

then remain in the safety net country and leave nigeria alone. you have proven you have no clue anyways so what's the point?

i am fully aware not everyone lives on public welfare but i am 110% sure you do. you have added nothing meaningful to this discussion asides hollow bites!

they did deny me & i am sad!
i have another interview next week, the 77th one if i may add, to get out of nigeria. however, it still doesn't alter the fact that you function on a single digit IQ!

Which clue do you have?

You proved you are a sexist by writing off women from becoming president of Nigeria. Because why? The men have done a stellar job right?

What have you added?

... <- Nothing

Like I said, Im happily middle class and live a the average American life. Don't project dear your misfortunes on the rest of us dear.

Mr. Patriot is looking for the exit. I laugh, why not stay and fight the good fightcheesy

If I had a single digit IQ I doubt I could type. But you guys love that stale joke cheesy
Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 04, 2013
donroxy: ahahahahaa .....this is the image maker of Jonathan ...... I believe he has said what is possible in the corridor of power !!!

He speculate GEJ would ride on Igbo in 2015 to clinch 2019 ........ Dump power for Northerners then Igbo would have to start licking Northerners to grap power in 2027 ahahaha and If northerners do not play it that way .....

This sincereNigeria is an eye openner thus he posited Igbo love Jonathan Unconditionally grin

Jehovah,May God Helep those who help themselves grin !!!
I'm a realist and my analysis are based on realistic calculations. I have stated the following on this platform:
- Igbos support for GEJ now and in 2015 is the RIGHT political decision.
- It is politically impossible for GEJ to hand over power to Igbos come 2019.
- Fashola's political career will reach a DEAD END in 2015
- APC will field someone from the north (far north) as its presidential candidate in 2015. Southwest will take the VP slot. Nothing for Igbos.
- GEJ will win both the PDP primary and general elections in 2015
- Igbos will, by unanimity, take the PDP VP slot in 2019. If the constitution is amended to give room for 6yrs single term, Igbos SHALL rule Nigeria in 2025. Otherwise, Igbos SHALL rule Nigeria in 2027
- If the APC wins in 2015 (but they cannot), Igbos MAY rule Nigeria in 2023 if the constitution remains the same.
- Buhari will NEVER rule Nigeria again

These are realistic expectations, provided Nigeria does not disintegrate (which is near impossible). God willing and keeping us alive, we shall see.

Meanwhile, I'm not really bothered about these speculations and calculations now. My concern now is in the Second Niger Bridge, better roads, better health care, fast trains, jobs and more jobs, stable power, sustenance of democracy, etc. These ESSENTIALS will be made possible by deliberate govt policies and programmes, not by the colour or language of the person in Aso Rock.
Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by funnyx(m): 4:09pm On Jun 04, 2013
Coogar and Crayola please sheath your swords wink bikonu let's enjoy the thread
Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by omonnakoda: 4:13pm On Jun 04, 2013
dozzybaba: When was the last time you met an Osu and was your quality of life better than his?
Tell us about your quality of life who knows..............,.
Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by Afam4eva(m): 4:13pm On Jun 04, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

That's all

Afam, what makes you think that GEJ wants to pass th baton to a southeast president? It's not HIS baton. The people decide who they want in power, after all.

The Southeast has not presented a well-groomed and able presidential campaign. And if GEJ is the one choosing a presidential candidate to succeed him, that's even more telling of the PC's character.

Well groomed you say? Pls tell us how Jonathan was well groomed.
Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by Afam4eva(m): 4:17pm On Jun 04, 2013
Any more insult from anyone will attract a ban. Let's respect everyone's opinion.
Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by Crayola1: 4:18pm On Jun 04, 2013
Jonathan in every sense of the word is a lucky bastard. The way he moved up has less to do with politics and more of it just being his luck.

Some people just have it like that grin
Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by OoduaDefence: 4:22pm On Jun 04, 2013
mekaboy: 1, We are not humble, everyone is a leader

2, We love money,

3, We r selfish, and out for our selfish interest.

4, Money is a measure for maturity.

You have said the truth but only a few Igbos will agree with you.

Jonathan has not FULFILLED any of the promises he made to Igbos ,yet they want to vote for him again.It is called the Nigger Syndrome,the inability to do what is best for one's self.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I'm a realist and my analysis are based on realistic calculations. I have stated the following on this platform:
- Igbos support for GEJ now and in 2015 is the RIGHT political decision.
- It is politically impossible for GEJ to hand over power to Igbos come 2019.
- Fashola's political career will reach a DEAD END in 2015
- APC will field someone from the north (far north) as its presidential candidate in 2015. Southwest will take the VP slot. Nothing for Igbos.
- GEJ will win both the PDP primary and general elections in 2015
- Igbos will, by unanimity, take the PDP VP slot in 2019. If the constitution is amended to give room for 6yrs single term, Igbos SHALL rule Nigeria in 2025. Otherwise, Igbos SHALL rule Nigeria in 2027
- If the APC wins in 2015 (but they cannot), Igbos MAY rule Nigeria in 2023 if the constitution remains the same.
- Buhari will NEVER rule Nigeria again

These are realistic expectations, provided Nigeria does not disintegrate (which is near impossible). God willing and keeping us alive, we shall see.

Meanwhile, I'm not really bothered about these speculations and calculations now. My concern now is in the Second Niger Bridge, better roads, better health care, fast trains, jobs and more jobs, stable power, sustenance of democracy, etc. These ESSENTIALS will be made possible by deliberate govt policies and programmes, not by the colour or language of the person in Aso Rock.
From your analysis igbo president is a probability even in 2019. Ndigbo open your eyes, don't let this lot fool us.
Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by OoduaDefence: 4:31pm On Jun 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
The Igbo model is the best model but in the Nigerian reality, it's not. We have to device a means to come together not necessarily by choosing a leader because no one will show him any atom of respect. We're egalitarian and republican in nature.

[size=15pt]How is the igbo model the best model? You guys can't even choose credible leaders to lead your states but you want to produce a President.The Yoruba leaders so far are the most progressive in Nigeria.The The whole of Eastern/Southern Nigeria receives more federal allocation that western Nigeria which has more population,yet western Nigeria has better infrastructure and VISIBLE development than eastern Nigeria.The only true test of our politics will come when we split Nigeria into 4 different countries.I know it will happen in a matter of years and i can't just wait because i know we Yorubas are a progressive tribe.[/size]
Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by OoduaDefence: 4:34pm On Jun 04, 2013
[size=15pt][b]Any smart Igbo man whose IQ is above 110 should ask himself this question:

What has JONATHAN done for IGBOLAND?

Please look deep into you heart and name one achievement of Jonathan's in IGBOLAND.If you can not name just one verifiable achievement then you know that you are a "mugu" for voting for Jonathan.

If you re-elect Jonathan in 2015 be rest assured that Sambo will be President in 2019.Your best bet now is for Igbos to align with APC and produce an Igbo candidate for President or Vice President.The easiest way for Igbo to get a President right now is to agree to a Hausa President and Igbo Vice President candidate via the APC.This will knock out Jonathan and his deputy while securing Igbo President for the near future.

Do you think sambo will just step aside and allow an igbo man to take his place,lol think again.This is politics! Rally behind APC now and convince them to at least select an Igbo vice president candidate,you will see that they will win and kick Jonathan of Aso rock.
[/b][/size]

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 04, 2013
The road to Aso rock for any aspiring Igbo is by building alliances with other major ethnic groups in Nigeria.
You cannot do it by blackmail or with one foot in Biafra and the other in Nigeria.
GEJ does not have the power to unilaterally hand over to anyone.
Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by coogar: 4:40pm On Jun 04, 2013
Afam4eva: Any more insult from anyone will attract a ban. Let's respect everyone's opinion.

you are not serious!
afam, if i ever meet you in lagos, i would break your left leg. you are too partial with your ban button!

1 Like

Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by ekoilee: 4:42pm On Jun 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
Well groomed you say? Pls tell us how Jonathan was well groomed.

GEJs remains a lucky victim of an unfortunate situation via his boss's death and in 2011, major ballot support from other regions and ethnic groups which no ibo processes or can cash on.

Again, sentiments and emotions can't get you anywhere....
Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by coogar: 4:45pm On Jun 04, 2013
eko ilee:
GEJs remains a lucky victim of an unfortunate situation via his boss's death and in 2011, major ballot support from other regions and ethnic groups which no ibo processes or can cash on.

Again, sentiments and emotions can't get you anywhere....

lucky victim?
OBJ was well-aware yaradua was a walking corpse. the doctors had already told OBJ yaradua had few years to live. there's nothing like coincidence in the transition - everything was well planned!
Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 04, 2013
Abagworo: Why did Obasanjo take Jonathan over Odili and Nnamani? As at 2007, it was almost like the Vice must be from South-South and when Odili was chosen, there were protests from South-south with regards to Odili's ethnicity. Odili is from Ndoni which is in Rivers but speaks Igbo. Instead of Ohaneze to fight for Odili, they remained mute. Today Amaechi who is also Igbo speaking and from South-South has little problems with Orubebe and the entire Ijaws are threatening him. Instead of Igbos to warn against anything happening to Amaechi, they joined in condemning him publicly. However Rochas is an exception. Today Rochas is a hopeful for VP or President in 2015 or 2019 and Igbos are fighting him. They did same to Orji Kalu until they rendered him politically irrelevant.

Calm down first.
The problem is not Rochas, d problem is Buhari who he might run with. Buhari cannot win elections in igboland even if he contests with Angel Gabriel. But, if Rochas emerges as APC final pres candidate, igbos wl vote him. But till den......

Amaechi isnt coming out as president but as VP to a northener( those who have sworn dat presidency must not go to d south again or else). What insolence......

1 Like

Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 04, 2013
*keeping my ears on the ground for any ethnic stray missile* cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 04, 2013
coogar:

lucky victim?
OBJ was well-aware yaradua was a walking corpse. the doctors had already told OBJ yaradua had few years to live. there's nothing like coincidence in the transition - everything was well planned!

Fibre! wch doctor said wat??
Obj said d exact opposite when he was reacting to the allegation posed by d northerners then. He had copied d results of Musa's renal function tests to some doctor who assured dat whoever has the tests can live a normal n long life

Besides, even if he were lying, there is still no proof for u to categorically write d doctors said such.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by coogar: 5:00pm On Jun 04, 2013
ngozievergreen:
Fibre! wch doctor said wat??
Obj said d exact opposite when he was reacting to the allegation posed by d northerners then. He had copied d results of Musa's renal function tests to some doctor who assured dat whoever has the tests can live a normal n long life

so you actually expect OBJ to say he deliberately shafted the northeners? yaradua had been told his ailment was terminal - OBJ also knew this and the transition was a set-up!

Besides, even if he were lying, there is still no proof for u to categorically write d doctors said such.

they did!
i have proof they did but it's not something i am willing to share with you.
Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by solomon111(m): 5:03pm On Jun 04, 2013
This thread is very funny.
Frauds claiming igbo ethnicity.
Lol.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 04, 2013
OoduaDefence: [size=15pt][b]Any smart Igbo man whose IQ is above 110 should ask himself this question:

Please look deep into you heart and name one achievement of Jonathan's in IGBOLAND.If you can not name just one verifiable achievement then you know that you are a "mugu" for voting for Jonathan.

If you re-elect Jonathan in 2015 be rest assured that Sambo will be President in 2019.Your best bet now is for Igbos to align with APC and produce an Igbo candidate for President or Vice President.The easiest way for Igbo to get a President right now is to agree to a Hausa President and Igbo Vice President candidate via the APC.This will knock out Jonathan and his deputy while securing Igbo President for the near future.

Do you think sambo will just step aside and allow an igbo man to take his place,lol think again.This is politics! Rally behind APC now and convince them to at least select an Igbo vice president candidate,you will see that they will win and kick Jonathan of Aso rock.
[/b][/size]
This guy thinks Igbos will be better off aligning with the unregistered APC. Joke of the century.

By the way, are you not aware that the presidential and VP slot of the unregistered APC have been zoned to the north and southwest respectively?

Let me even descend to the arena of ethnic sentiments, which most of you have been displaying on this forum. Under GEJ, the minister of finance, who is in charge of the federal purse and coordinator of the economy ('prime minister'), is Igbo. The Chief of Army Staff, the number one defender of the nation, is Igbo. The minister of aviation, power, health, etc are all Igbos. These are very powerful portfolios. To cap it all, the secretary to govt of the federation is Igbo. From all indications, GEJ is the head but Igbos are running the show. So if we go the SENTIMENTS line, Igbos are running the show and are better off with GEJ.

But like I said earlier, these are not the important things. The important things as far as I'm concerned are good roads, fast trains, stable power, job creation, better education, health, etc.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by oilyngbati3(m): 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2013
Aigbofa: The road to Aso rock for any aspiring Igbo is by building alliances with other major ethnic groups in Nigeria.
You cannot do it by blackmail or with one foot in Biafra and the other in Nigeria.
GEJ does not have the power to unilaterally hand over to anyone.
Can you also remind us on how Yorubas didn't blackmail us all when MKO was killed by having one foot in Odua and the other in nigeria? You must also remember that for the 1st time in nigeria's history, nigeria had two contestants from thesame ethnic stock...so speak the truth and shame the devil.
Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by ekoilee: 5:13pm On Jun 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Under GEJ, the minister of finance, who is in charge of the federal purse, is Igbo. The Chief of Army Staff, the number one defender of the nation, is Igbo. The minister of aviation, power, health, etc are all Igbos. These are very powerful portfolios. To cap it all, the secretary to govt of the federation is Igbo. From all indications, GEJ is the head but Igbos are running the show. So if we go the SENTIMENTS line, Igbos are running the show and are better off with GEJ.

And of what relevance are these positions to day to day realities on the ground? How many projects and social services have they delivered or commissioned?

You enjoy fooling and getting ahead of yourself sha..

1 Like

Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by solomon111(m): 5:14pm On Jun 04, 2013
oily-Yoruba:
Can you also remind us on how Yorubas didn't blackmail us all when MKO was killed by having one foot in Odua and the other in nigeria? You must also remember that for the 1st time in nigeria's history, nigeria had two contestants from thesame ethnic stock...so speak the truth and shame the devil.
knock out punch.
Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 04, 2013
OoduaDefence: [size=15pt][b]Any smart Igbo man whose IQ is above 110 should ask himself this question:

[/b][/size]

Typing in headache-inducing large fonts won't make you the best poster in here...you are shouting on top of your voice, did anybody steal your bowl of amala? . oh i forgot, you are from the other side...the land of the "educated" noisy ones. grin
Re: Why Do We ( The Igbos) Always Pander To Any Government In Power. by oilyngbati3(m): 5:15pm On Jun 04, 2013
This is the most useless thread by a useless OP, whom I'd rather tag a battyman. Ndigbo are better off voting a fellow Easterner called GEJ. If any of you clowns don't like our choice, then vote your choice and let's see who wins, bunch of battymen and batty gals grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sijuade, Akure : Massive Roar When Result Announced / Lagos Must Be Free! The 2023 Slogan for Lagos / Oyetola Releases ₦1.2 Billion For Pension Arears In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.