Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,637 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Desktop Or Online Application? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Desktop Or Online Application? (1128 Views)

School Management Online Application / Learn How To Build A Desktop Software Using PYTHON – Tutorial On Nairaland / Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desktop Or Online Application? by jboy01(m): 12:44pm On Jun 04, 2013
Pls, I need advice on which language to learn. Should I go for desktop application language or online application, and why?
Re: Desktop Or Online Application? by auxizain(m): 4:58pm On Jun 04, 2013
what applications do you u want make...

online..php,mysql,html,css,ajax,javascript...nd a whole lot
desktop...c++,python,java...etc
mobile.....platform specific..learn to code for andriod or iphone
Re: Desktop Or Online Application? by talk2hb1(m): 5:09pm On Jun 04, 2013
jboy01: Pls, I need advice on which language to learn. Should I go for desktop application language or online application, and why?
I can't believe that you asking for web or desktop at the beginning of this post-PC era. Go for mobile or web thats the present and the future.
Re: Desktop Or Online Application? by jboy01(m): 5:26pm On Jun 04, 2013
talk2hb1:
I can't believe that you asking for web or desktop at the beginning of this post-PC era. Go for mobile or web thats the present and the future.
Then which language should I go for? because am planning of going for vb.net (for now I program with vb6) and also planning to learn java.
Re: Desktop Or Online Application? by talk2hb1(m): 11:56pm On Jun 04, 2013
jboy01:
Then which language should I go for? because am planning of going for vb.net (for now I program with vb6) and also planning to learn java.
Since you understand vb6, then advance your skill to VB.NET so you will be able to program ASP.NET apps covering one aspect of web programming. Then move on to Java, but make sure you grind your teeth very well in the OOP aspect of VB.NET so that you will be able to grab Java easily.
Wishing you happy programming grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Desktop Or Online Application? by jboy01(m): 5:43am On Jun 05, 2013
talk2hb1:
Since you understand vb6, then advance your skill to VB.NET so you will be able to program ASP.NET apps covering one aspect of web programming. Then move on to Java, but make sure you grind your teeth very well in the OOP aspect of VB.NET so that you will be able to grab Java easily.
Wishing you happy programming grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Thank you verry much
Re: Desktop Or Online Application? by talk2hb1(m): 8:39am On Jun 05, 2013
jboy01:
Thank you verry much
You are welcome!!!

(1) (Reply)

How To Get The GPS Location Either As Latitude And Longitude Or Address In J2ME / You Dont Know Anything / How To Get Started With Github

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.