Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,751 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:19 AM

Koscielny: I Will Leave Arsenal If Trophy Drought Continues - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Koscielny: I Will Leave Arsenal If Trophy Drought Continues (494 Views)

Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / Emenike Denies Taking Rituals To End Goal drought / Vieira Reveals Wenger Weakness & Talks Up Trophy Drought (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Koscielny: I Will Leave Arsenal If Trophy Drought Continues by fortuneprince(m): 4:33pm On Jun 04, 2013
The defender is ready to exit the Emirates Stadium this summer unless the Gunners are ready to show the ambition to fight for their first piece of silverware in over eight years

Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny says he may be forced to leave the Premier League outfit if the Gunners do not start winning silverware soon.

Arsene Wenger's side last won a trophy over eight years ago - the FA Cup in 2005 - a spell that has seen the club sell a string of top players like Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri and Robin van Persie, often to league rivals.

Now the 27-year-old, who has been linked with a move to Bayern Munich, hopes the north London outfit are ready to prove their ambition in the league next season, otherwise he will look for a new challenge elsewhere.

"I feel good at Arsenal, if we have ambition to fight against the other teams of course I want to stay here," Koscielny told Eurosport.

"It's hard psychologically. We are constantly pressured because if Arsenal is not in the Champions League it would be a catastrophe.

"I have to see if I have clubs interested in me. I will not go to any club. I want to may be discover another league. Paris [Saint-Germain]? There has been no contact yet.

"It is hard to not win titles year after year. We are competitors, professionals, we want to win. I want to add to my list of achievements. If Arsenal cannot allow me that, I'll seek a move elsewhere."

(1) (Reply)

Confed Cup: Eagles Won’t Miss Yobo — Fuludu / Spain Wins European Under-21 Championship / Former Nottingham Forest Defender Karlton Watson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.