Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? (5342 Views)

Braless Red Carpet Photos At AMVCA / Pls WAT Good Cream Can I Use To Lighten My Skin / Wat Do U Tink About slim Fitting Jeans 4 Males? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:00am On May 02, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin
the famous RED CARPET where great stars of hoolywood
and all parts of the world struggle to be the best in terms of
fashion and the likes grin grin grin grin grin

lets see the good and the bad
lets see the extent some are willing to
go just to be seen on the red carpet lipsrsealed

come see the glime and glamore kiss kiss

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:09pm On May 02, 2008
the best of them all grin

u see its a struggle shocked to be here lipsrsealed

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:38pm On May 02, 2008
and more again grin grin

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:50pm On May 02, 2008
but the sad part of this fun thing is that
some that this hollywood thing too extream undecided

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by babyx(f): 1:03pm On May 02, 2008
the craze in HOLLYWOOD is just out of this world. in as much as i envy their wardropes, so i dont envy all they have put themselves through just to meet my expectations. smiley
Celebrities, i doubt if they are happy in their solitude, sad
Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:46pm On May 02, 2008
i fee u jare grin

Is it my imagination or are we constantly bombarded by anorexic stars who consistently endorse the skinny body image. Christina Ricci, Mary-Kate Olsen, Ritchie-baby and her mate Lyndsay Lohen look more like lollipops with big heads than real people. Mary-Kate’s been in rehab, Lyndsay was recently rushed to hospital and Nicole looks headed in the same direction after recent scary pictures reveal her under 45kg body in a baggy bikini (is that even possible?) and goggley glasses.

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by EFOSAVAL(f): 3:04pm On May 02, 2008
But let’s not just talk about Hollywood. The impact of these famous cases are causing an increase in eating disorders at home. According to the South Island Eating Disorders Service, Nelson Girls has had the most cases of eating disorders and the school has had to involve parents by making them sign that their kid ate dinner. Even more disturbing are a group of Christchurch students recently interviewed by the Eating Disorders Service who admitted that group vomiting sessions were accepted or in some cases considered normal by teen bulimics. According to a recent Dominion Post article, the students drink milk and go behind the sheds in groups of 10 to throw up. Could they have been inspired by Nicole Ritchie and Lyndsay Lohen’s ‘skinny pact?

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by EFOSAVAL(f): 3:39pm On May 02, 2008
Hollywood skinny girls and models are not ‘normal’ women – most women do not look like that naturally; just look around you. Before Twiggy, (the British supermodel who came along in 1965) buxom was beautiful…curvy women like Marilyn were worshiped and she was no waif. And before that, artists have always glorified the voluptuous beauties with their real curves. So we can blame our distorted perceptions on Twiggy; that skinny @#$@$.

An eating disorder is a mental illness so it doesn’t often go away by itself. If you’re constantly thinking about eating or not eating, if you feel out of control around food, use it to fill an emotional need, or if you feel obsessive about body image and weight, you could be suffering from an eating disorder. Just because it is a mental illness, doesn’t mean you will always have it. But you need to get help from a professional.

Eating disorders often come on during teen years. Vulnerable teens are often perfectionists (both physically and academically), have low self esteem, high body dissatisfaction, have difficulty naming their emotions and have periods of depression.

The effects of an eating disorder can include the following:

1, Restricted brain function
2, affects senses
3, Irregular heartbeat
4, Stunts growth
5, Infertility
6, Weakening of bones
7, Kidney and hepatic function impaired
8, Dysfunctional bowel
9, Decaying teeth

Frequent vomiting causes the acid from your stomach to attach the enamel on your teeth which is why severe bulimics have badly decaying teeth. If you do vomit, it’s important not to brush your teeth straight afterwards as brushing can further damage the surface. The best option is to wash your mouth out with water and wait several hours before brushing.

Someone who suffers from an eating disorder will often deny they have a problem, so look for the signs. Encourage the person to seek help and offer to go with them. If you have a problem and can’t talk to your parents, it’s important to see your doctor or counselor.

Anorexia exists when a person severely cuts down on food and even when they lose weight and become skinny, the may still feel the need to lose more

Signs of Anorexia:

1, Abnormal weight loss.
2, Absent or irregular menstruation.
3, Distorted body image, claims to feel fat or believes one looks fat when one is not.
4, Excessive exercising.
5, No known illness accounts for the weight loss.
6, Periods of depression and extremely low self-worth.
7, Pre-occupation with (or avoidance of) food, also pre-occupation with feeding others.
8, Refusal to eat, except for tiny amounts.
9, Refusal to eat with family or others

Bulimia exists when a person eats heaps of food, then feels out of control so makes up for it by starving, exercising or vomiting.

Signs of Bulimia:

1, Excessive amounts of food eaten at one time.
2, Excessive food eaten but no apparent weight gain.
3, Frequent mood swings and periods of depression.
4, Grazes on knuckles from using fingers down throat to vomit (early stages of bulimia).
5, Lying about the amount of food eaten.
6, Pre-occupation with food, talking about food, and arranging next meal.
7, Regular trips to toilet to vomit, or disappearance to a secret place outside (garden), rubbish bin, to vomit into.
8, Restless after a meal, looking for an opportunity to get rid of food by vomiting.
9, Slow weight decrease for no apparent reason.
10,Swollen salivary glands on sides of face, almost like a ‘chipmunk’ appearance.

Reference www.eatingdisorders.org.nz
Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by EFOSAVAL(f): 4:09pm On May 02, 2008
let look at other sides of the red carpet grin

is this the same dress grin

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by enque(f): 4:26pm On May 02, 2008
wat d hell is this

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by enque(f): 4:27pm On May 02, 2008
take a peek at fergie ferg!

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by EFOSAVAL(f): 4:49pm On May 02, 2008
beautiful faces like mine grin wink

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by EFOSAVAL(f): 5:01pm On May 02, 2008
hummmmmm! cute

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by EFOSAVAL(f): 5:58pm On May 02, 2008
this girl makes others look very fat angry
but not me o! grin grin grin
i mean people like u cheesy grin lipsrsealed grin

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by motunrayo4(f): 3:56pm On May 03, 2008
IIILLLLL Paris Hilton is not beautiful,
Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by SeanT21(f): 4:15pm On May 03, 2008
Nicole Richie do not look like that anymore. She is healthy. Paris Hilton is not an ugly person.

Angelina jolie and Halle berry always rule the red carpet.

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:16am On May 05, 2008
yeeeees i agree !
but i thing halle berry is better in terms of style wink kiss
she just dose it well undecided

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by enque(f): 9:24am On May 05, 2008
here's halle again

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by enque(f): 9:41am On May 05, 2008
in d days of eric benet!!

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by enque(f): 9:45am On May 05, 2008
bey at dreamgirls premier grin cheesy

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by enque(f): 9:47am On May 05, 2008
love that gown on her

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by enque(f): 9:57am On May 05, 2008
celeb couples on d reddie

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by EFOSAVAL(f): 5:31pm On May 05, 2008
the droup dead look, ! grin chai

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by EFOSAVAL(f): 5:40pm On May 05, 2008
hummmmnnn! grin grin grin

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by Nobody: 1:51am On May 06, 2008
Wow more please!!!!! grin
Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by Gamine(f): 2:05am On May 06, 2008
Gosh gabrielle's pics are really Something!!!!
Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by enque(f): 8:20am On May 06, 2008
c, c
CHECK OUT HER YAMS!!!!!

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by enque(f): 8:33am On May 06, 2008
i love avril's gown n footwear

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by enque(f): 8:51am On May 06, 2008
RED CARPET FLOPS ACCORDING TO WWW.LA2DAY.COM
@ nicole - Huh Too many colors, so little time. The past few red carpets have not been kind to her. A beautiful girl in an ugly dress just doesn't make sense to me. Get it together Nicole!
@ solange - On top of living in the shadow of your superstar sister, Solange takes it a bit further and wears something suspect on the red carpet. Unfortunately, Beyonce's sister's fashion risk was a miss. Maybe it's the pink shoes that through me off.
@ d lady in cowboy boots - WTF! Cowboy boots?! Who in god's name let this girl walk onto the red carpet with cowboy boots

source- www.la2day.com/fashion

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by enque(f): 9:04am On May 06, 2008
top 5 best dressed at the AMA 2007
source- www.la2day.com/fashion

Re: Is It The Red Carpet Or War Carpet? Wat Do U Think? by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:29pm On May 07, 2008
bubilisious! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out These Lovely Ankara Gown / 2021 Best African #bridal #hairstyles - Most Elegant And Gorgeous #wedding Hair / Check Out This Hot Plus Size Mom's Perfect Curves In Her Fashion Style Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.