Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,754 members, 7,851,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:39 PM

Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President (25524 Views)

House Of Reps Move To Ban Hiace Buses Over Bayelsa Auto Crash / Reps Move To Clip Dstv, Others’ Monopoly / Reps Move To Criminalise Late, Non-payment Of Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by Brilliance9000: 7:31pm On Jun 04, 2013
donigspain: Please sir, did you actually took time out to read, digest and comprehend the post because I don't see why the president should be worried over a MOVE FOR CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT other than a MOVE FOR IMPEACHMENT if he (GEJ) is following DUE PROCESS.

If you were intelligent and had sense of discernment, you have easily known that my post was humor-driven as opposed to factual. Fellow Retardeen compatriots!

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by aglomar: 7:36pm On Jun 04, 2013
This is only a piece of a puzzle. Perhaps PDP is preparing for failure in 2015.
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by donigspain(m): 7:36pm On Jun 04, 2013
Brilliance9000:

If you were intelligent and had sense of discernment, you have easily known that my post was humor-driven as opposed to factual. Fellow Retardeen compatriots!
Sorry, I thought I had a case with a normal, politically unbiased human being.
LAST BLOW:
Why would a supposed 'intellectual' make a humour out of an issue of national importance? Meanwhile, quit emboldening your characters because it draws attention to your intellectual shortcomings!wink
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by Vansnickers: 7:44pm On Jun 04, 2013
Brilliance9000: This is typical BAIT and SWITCH used by the National Assembly for years to get some money in circulation. Anyone who works or close to the National assembly, particularly the House, will tell you that MONEY IS SCARCE...very scarce now and some are struggling financially. Jonathan tightened all channels of funds to them. Most of them bemoan this government as being too tightfisted. Obasanjo was far better as third term money circulated heavily. To make things worse, many of them are afraid of usual extortion gimmick from Interest groups, corporations and lobbyists after Farouk Lawan saga, So they depend solely on OGA at the top...Jonathan and Tambuwal. This is to get Jonathan to shake is body and drop some change down....

Welcome to Nigeria.
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by drtwist(m): 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2013
valicious1:
the problem is that GEJ is too straight and clean for them so they re really seriously searching for loopholes to squeeze money out. The lawmakers don't like this.
pls how can i be first to comment on a trend?
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by mu2sa2: 7:54pm On Jun 04, 2013
valicious1:
the problem is that GEJ is too straight and clean for them so they re really seriously searching for loopholes to squeeze money out. The lawmakers don't like this.
Straight and clean ke. A typical politician concealing his wealth and telling the people to go to hell about it can't be straight and clean.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 04, 2013
Fresh Air Is About To Blow
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by donigspain(m): 7:57pm On Jun 04, 2013
aglomar: This is only a piece of a puzzle. Perhaps PDP is preparing for failure in 2015.
I love your 'out of the box' thinking.
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by Soso990240(m): 8:02pm On Jun 04, 2013
As we dey idle 4 nairaland posting rub.bish topics,na so them dey idle 4 house passing rub.bish bill.

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by Soso990240(m): 8:03pm On Jun 04, 2013
Policewoman: What of that of Governors?
e concern state house.
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by jazzystoresyah: 8:05pm On Jun 04, 2013
I pray to get to there the sit in a day because i can't tell my fellow nigeria what i will do but i promise to make my family happy first b4 anything that is hiw it works my people...lol
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2013
No more free flow of money to them.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin. make them come impeach na
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by alphaconde(m): 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2013
The procedures of recalling a legisture is most cumbersome. Me thinks they should start from that.

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2013
mu2sa2: Straight and clean ke. A typical politician concealing his wealth and telling the people to go to hell about it can't be straight and clean.

GEJ has declared his assets, visit the Code of Conduct Bureau and when has assets declaration stopped past politicians from stealing our money?
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 04, 2013
When law making rest with those who do wrong, who do we run to?
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by Stevecyes(m): 8:17pm On Jun 04, 2013
NOllYwood story...
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by chronique(m): 8:21pm On Jun 04, 2013
Smh. Nigeria is the biggest joke of the century.
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by gemini35(m): 8:22pm On Jun 04, 2013
Rabboni-X:
will this move 2 impeach presdo stop curruptn,or for their on interest,aka wadrop alawee

http://www.punchng.com/news/reps-move-to-simplify-impeachmen%E2%80%8Bt-of-president/
http://blogsinbrief..com/2013/06/house-of-reps-move-to-simplify.html

Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by charlieu(m): 8:22pm On Jun 04, 2013
anoda chop chop
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by Soso990240(m): 8:23pm On Jun 04, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: I support this motion!

If you read through the processes before a president can be impeached, you will understand what the reps are trying to do. The process of impeaching the president is tedious, making it almost impossible. Unlike the governor, where two-third of the state house of assembly can boot him out, the president's case requires same percentage from both the upper and lower houses. After this, the individual house of assembly of each state will still vote on his impeachment. Then if a certain percentage from each state assembly votes for him to be impeach, then shall he only be impeached.

The process is too rigorous and was designed to be impossible. Let them review it. At least, let the upper and lower houses only have a say.

My 2 cents.
guy go sit down.u want d faith of d nation to be decided by a group of self centerd individuals in d national assembly? Mtchwww.it is a national thing,and requires almost d whole nation 2 contribute.ar u in any way saying dat the senators and d house members speak d mind of the state house members and an average nigerian? HELL NØ.
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by lookmangiw(m): 8:30pm On Jun 04, 2013
And you would expect the president to give his precious assent to such bill. I laugh in swahili.
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by Soso990240(m): 8:32pm On Jun 04, 2013
donigspain: Please sir, did you actually took time out to read, digest and comprehend the post because I don't see why the president should be worried over a MOVE FOR CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT other than a MOVE FOR IMPEACHMENT if he (GEJ) is following DUE PROCESS.
due process my foot.northern house members alone and few others can vote Gej.out if they feel like doin so.dats why d bill is for their selfish interest.i bet u its a northern house member dat passd d bill 4 reading..
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by valicious1(m): 8:33pm On Jun 04, 2013
drtwist: pls how can i be first to comment on a trend?
'follow' every section especially the celebrity and politics section and comment on any new topic posted. When the mods push them to Fp you'll authomatically become the first to comment. BTW is any award given to 1st commentators? smh
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by dayokanu(m): 8:35pm On Jun 04, 2013
Good thinking

They need to hasten the removal of Retardeen and the whole PDP
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by Wisepriest: 8:35pm On Jun 04, 2013
Na laugh i dey laugh. Are they doing it for the interest of the nation, masses? Or they want a filled "Gana must go" withott legs to be on motion. Nija must b beta.Na laugh i dey laugh. Are they doing it for the interest of the nation, masses? Or they want a filled "Gana must go" withott legs to be on motion. Nija must b beta.Na laugh i dey laugh. Are they doing it for the interest of the nation, masses? Or they want a filled "Gana must go" withott legs to be on motion. Nija must b beta.
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by eldoradoxx: 8:36pm On Jun 04, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: I support this motion!

If you read through the processes before a president can be impeached, you will understand what the reps are trying to do. The process of impeaching the president is tedious, making it almost impossible. Unlike the governor, where two-third of the state house of assembly can boot him out, the president's case requires same percentage from both the upper and lower houses. After this, the individual house of assembly of each state will still vote on his impeachment. Then if a certain percentage from each state assembly votes for him to be impeach, then shall he only be impeached.

The process is too rigorous and was designed to be impossible. Let them review it. At least, let the upper and lower houses only have a say.

My 2 cents.
Hahahahahahaha. Pocket lawyer. Who thought u that 2/3 of State Assembly is required to impeach the president? Which constitution did u get that from.
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by dougivilla(m): 8:37pm On Jun 04, 2013
To tell you how these monsters headed by monster Tambuwal reason, you may wish to ask them to list all the bills they have passed since this democratic dispensation. How many concern the masses? With selfishly motivated intentions, the 36 Governors are fighting themselve over Chairmanship of NGF. Senators on the other hand are busy endorsing a six year single term for the president and governeors, while they enjoy unlimited terms, and the house of rep is trying to simplyfy the process of impeaching the president; nothing for recalling erring HOR members? Hypocrites!!. This is the same house that shouted down a member that proposed a bill seeking payment of stipends to unemployed and underemployed youths.

What bills have they passed on youth empowerment, power, agricultural development, unemployment, job creation, youth restiveness, boko haram, fuel subsidy, capacity building, road construction, urban development, NYSC, sports development, mother and child care, banking reforms etc etc, that concern the average Nigerian. The masses need a system of recalling these monsters either via a voice vote or a concensus on an online media platform.

These guys no send us at all at all!!!

3 Likes

Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by molasautos(m): 8:39pm On Jun 04, 2013
all of them r the same thing stupid set of rubbish rep
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by Kingspin(m): 8:43pm On Jun 04, 2013
They are simplifing impeachment process to the presidency and his deputy but fail to tackle their own bigger problem of making good laws.
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by molasautos(m): 8:43pm On Jun 04, 2013
i pray that GOD should help us in this country
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by valicious1(m): 8:46pm On Jun 04, 2013
mu2sa2: Straight and clean ke. A typical politician concealing his wealth and telling the people to go to hell about it can't be straight and clean.

he is definitely cleaner & 'straighter' than our previous administrators who constantly dished out ghana-must-go bags to the national assembly with their numerous 'formidable' misappropriation & embezzlement commandos
Re: Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President by molas02: 8:47pm On Jun 04, 2013
i beg make all dis lawmaker go sleep make dem let Ogbeni JANA kw what to do, person wey una no giv ret of mind since wey he don dey seat, na waitn una still won do. onijekuje, obayeje, stupid idiot, na waitn com next for Nigeria b day? after turning trust found bill for gradute away.l God and gods go deal with una

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules / WTO: Okonjo-iweala Testament Of Buhari's Passion For Integrity - Kalu / Clark To FG: Withdraw Naming Of Rail Stations After Jonathan, Awolowo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.