Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,361 members, 7,829,918 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Is Gov. Amaechi Running From Pillar To Post? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Gov. Amaechi Running From Pillar To Post? (770 Views)

150 Drowned, Others Shot Dead While Running ‪from ‎boko Haram‬ In Yobe / Photos: Is Gov. Ameachi The Funniest Governor Nigeria Had Ever Had? / Abuja People Are Already Running From The City Because Of Elections? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Gov. Amaechi Running From Pillar To Post? by bishopclin(m): 7:21am On Jun 05, 2013
Amaechi sues Rivers Assembly over alleged
impeachment plan

•Insists on NGF’s chair
GOVERNOR Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers State
has asked a Port Harcourt High Court to
restrain 32 members of the State House of
Assembly from impeaching him
unconstitutionally.
Meanwhile, Governor Amaechi Tuesday vowed
that he would not step down as the elected
chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum
(NGF) just as he assured the NGF’s staff that
their jobs are secured.
Amaechi who was last week suspended by the
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for purported
anti-party activities, fears that there is a ploy to
use five lawmakers who are loyal to a serving
minister of Rivers State origin to impeach him.
In a suit filed at a court presided over by
Justice George Omereji, the governor who said
his tenure terminates in 2015, prayed the
court to restrain the lawmakers from using
illegal or unconstitutional method to remove
him from office.

SOURCE: ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=123651:amaechi-sues-rivers-assembly-over-alleged-impeachment-plan&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Is Gov. Amaechi Running From Pillar To Post? by ogb5(m): 7:31am On Jun 05, 2013
Its just a game of chess.
As long as Amaechi is forced into defense, he can not attack.
And if he does not defend well, he is a goner
Re: Is Gov. Amaechi Running From Pillar To Post? by bishopclin(m): 9:43am On Jun 05, 2013
I thought Gov. Amaechi was in total control of d state house of assembly. He shouldn't be afraid.
Re: Is Gov. Amaechi Running From Pillar To Post? by rooftech: 9:51am On Jun 05, 2013
planted political news,dont believe every news from corrupt nigerian journalist
Re: Is Gov. Amaechi Running From Pillar To Post? by saintzilex: 9:59am On Jun 05, 2013
ogb5: Its just a game of chess.
u r smart...high level of brilliance
Re: Is Gov. Amaechi Running From Pillar To Post? by Caesar1988(m): 11:41am On Jun 05, 2013
No....He is running from post to pillar....Amechi is a stubborn fly..yeah
Re: Is Gov. Amaechi Running From Pillar To Post? by IGBOSON1: 12:05pm On Jun 05, 2013

^^^Ah....chess! Love the game.

I remember when i finally beat my little 15 year old cousin in chess (the lovable little 'rogue' is a genius in the game and makes sure everyone knows about it angry grin)......i finally got my own back and bragged like hell (tickling him to get him even more pissed off! grin). He's been asking for a rematch ever since, and for some funny reason i've always been busy when he asks, with no spare time to play him again undecided wink......this was almost 8 months ago, and i'm gonna continue to blag my way out of playing him for as long as i can come up with bizarre excuses. grin
Re: Is Gov. Amaechi Running From Pillar To Post? by gramci: 2:35pm On Jun 05, 2013

What do you expect from politician employ ludo strategy in politics.

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Be Satisfied When No Nigerian Is Hungry —jonathan / Rivers State Crisis: IGP Summons Leading Pro-amaechi And Security Figures To Abu / National Unity: Prophet T.B. Joshua Honoured By Arewa Youth Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.