Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,933 members, 7,838,332 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested (8802 Views)

Planned Attack On Jonathan's Home Busted, 5 Arrested / One Dead, 11 Injured In APC Campaign Auto Crash In Edo / Police, MASSOB Clash In Onitsha Leaves One Person Dead, Several Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by Malawian(m): 12:49pm On Jun 05, 2013
chuksme: I advise all Massob members to handle guns. Time has reached. no more peaceful demonstration. useless Nigeria police is using you people to show that they are working. Can they try these to Niger Delta guys or Boko boys. Because those guys are using gun and force.

Nigeria police hate peaceful movements and cannot stand violent guys. being peaceful will surely put you guys massob in danger. Please, my advice to you guys is to embrace gun.
we just dont do roforofo fight. once we decide to arm ourselves, we tend to use it as well.
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by ACM10: 12:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Did they clash with policemen ?

They were threatening and intimidating the law-abiding citizens of Nigeria. They don't necessarily have to clash with the police to trigger police action. By the way, police clashed with MASSOB and not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by fineworker(m): 12:57pm On Jun 05, 2013
akthedream: Well,MASSOAP are more matured terrorist(though the weakest) and need to be dealt with for their act of cowardice.
MASSAB is the most useless group i have ever seen on earth. follow the footsteps of boko haram or MEND to make federal government and Nigerians give you people your due respect or continue with your peaceful rally and die like chickens.
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by Emytexboy(m): 12:59pm On Jun 05, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Jonathan should extend the statement of emergency to Anambra before this hoodlums get out of control !
you must be very stupid i gues. by making such malisious comment of yours
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by ACM10: 1:15pm On Jun 05, 2013
oluamid: According to the constitution, It is a treasonable offence to want to divide the country whether by peaceful or forceful means, and because the Police is powerless against the Boko Haram, Ombatse, ND militants and other groups does not mean it should turn a blind eye.

The constitution gives everyone the right of association but it also give instances where this right won't be guaranteed. I subscribe to what someone posted above that 'Biafra' need not be a 'physical' entity. It could be what is used to unite the Igbo nation and ensured they have a unity of purpose in the Nigerian polity.

Nigeria is made up of different peoples and tribes and everyone of them feel aggrieved and marginalised. If anyone feels he dosent want to belong to 'Nigeria', there are lawful ways to make yourselves heard. Protests and demonstrations won't give you what you want, rather, it would unite the rest of the country against you.

IMHO, I think you should hold your House of Assembly representatives, Governors, and others in the corridors of power responsible. They ought to be the ones who ensure that the constitution is ammended to allow any part of the country to leave if they so wish. In this one thing they have failed woefully.

I disagree with you. Nigeria is a signatory to the United Nations convention that guarantees right to self-determination. Insisting on locking in unhappy groups in the union will lead to a very violent breakup.

The way the Nigerian national assembly is structured is hostile to the separatist aspirations, but friendly to corruption. So don't put the blame on the political representatives.
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by Paulonminyi: 1:17pm On Jun 05, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Is massob helping or harming Igbos? I have been asking myself this question for years and have come to the conclusion that they are harming us more than they are helping us. We need something that unites us, not a divisive, extortionist organisation that is barking without biting.

This group raised the hopes of all Igbos when it was formed. When Uwazuruike was arrested, the nation of Igboland stood up as one and protested and he was released. But over the years, apart from raising flags, releasing nonsense statements, disturbing peaceful fellow kinsmen and generally serving as shooting practice targets for nigerian armed forces, they have not done a single useful thing for Igboland.

It's time I stopped feeling sorry for them.
na ur type lik money pass ursef. U fit kil bcoz of money
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by coputa(m): 1:22pm On Jun 05, 2013
There is no need to extend the state of emergency to Anambra or any eastern state for that matter ,because the FG knows already that massob is a barking dog that seldom bite...it is a sit at home rally to drive home their grieviances...igbo land is peaceful..they are hospitable people......
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by nikkytruth(f): 1:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
Emytex boy: i do not know what this massob leadetr is still waiting for!! lets declare war on them emmediately
mumu, if †ђξ war start now ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ will be the 1st to run.
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by Garrithe1st: 1:29pm On Jun 05, 2013
These terrorists should be give the boko haram treatment

2 Likes

Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by killuminati(m): 1:42pm On Jun 05, 2013
Kill em all
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by malc619(m): 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
MASSOB should be disbanded
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by gbanikiti(m): 2:05pm On Jun 05, 2013
Garri the 1st: These terrorists should be give the boko haram treatment
and how are they terrorists? what crime did they commit for them to be treated like boko haram?

1 Like

Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by Garrithe1st: 2:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
gbanikiti: and how are they terrorists? what crime did they commit for them to be treated like boko haram?

T R E A S O N....
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by InvertedHammer: 2:57pm On Jun 05, 2013
Only a fool does the same thing over and over again... And expect a different result.

This MASSOB drama is becoming increasingly embarrassing as the years go by.

It is either they speak the Nigerian language or forever shut up.

The few like Ombatse, OPC, BH that speak the Nigeria language go scot-free every time even though they
come with the greatest level of provocation.

Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by Kebilo: 2:57pm On Jun 05, 2013
This animals tribalist igbos want another biafra war abi
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by DuduNegro: 3:36pm On Jun 05, 2013
.......again ?
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by DerideGull(m): 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2013
oluamid: According to the constitution, It is a treasonable offence to want to divide the country whether by peaceful or forceful means, and because the Police is powerless against the Boko Haram, Ombatse, ND militants and other groups does not mean it should turn a blind eye.

The constitution gives everyone the right of association but it also give instances where this right won't be guaranteed. I subscribe to what someone posted above that 'Biafra' need not be a 'physical' entity. It could be what is used to unite the Igbo nation and ensured they have a unity of purpose in the Nigerian polity.

Nigeria is made up of different peoples and tribes and everyone of them feel aggrieved and marginalised. If anyone feels he dosent want to belong to 'Nigeria', there are lawful ways to make yourselves heard. Protests and demonstrations won't give you what you want, rather, it would unite the rest of the country against you.

IMHO, I think you should hold your House of Assembly representatives, Governors, and others in the corridors of power responsible. They ought to be the ones who ensure that the constitution is ammended to allow any part of the country to leave if they so wish. In this one thing they have failed woefully.

For the sake of posterity, I should appreciate if you could state the section of Nigerian constitution that gave rise to the post above.
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by Chibuhealth(f): 6:08pm On Jun 05, 2013
So awka-etiti abago na udiri news a? Nawaooo.....mana ihe nke a dikwa egwu oo...... God punish those jobless police men. I will deal with them.
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by igboboy1(m): 8:35pm On Jun 05, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Jonathan should extend the statement of emergency to Anambra before this hoodlums get out of control !
was about to say *** then i saw it is an ofe mmanu commenting here...make i drink beer
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by Abrakhan: 9:40pm On Jun 05, 2013
Oga @ d top another State that deserve state of emergency.
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by igboboy1(m): 10:36pm On Jun 05, 2013
you type "ofe mmanu" (as one word), NAIRALAND auto corrects it as yoruba
you type "yo roba" (as one word).NAIRALAND auto corrects is as yoruba...

WELL why don;t NAIRALAND autocorrects ibo to IGBO each time it is mispelt by some certain cretins?

#DOUBLE STANDARD
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by lastpage: 2:30am On Jun 06, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Is massob helping or harming Igbos? I have been asking myself this question for years and have come to the conclusion that they are harming us more than they are helping us. We need something that unites us, not a divisive, extortionist organisation that is barking without biting.

This group raised the hopes of all Igbos when it was formed. When Uwazuruike was arrested, the nation of Igboland stood up as one and protested and he was released. But over the years, apart from raising flags, releasing nonsense statements, disturbing peaceful fellow kinsmen and generally serving as shooting practice targets for nigerian armed forces, they have not done a single useful thing for Igboland.

At the risk of offending my Igbo friends, l have observed (and maybe the honest ones have done so too?) from the standpoint of an "outsider" (I mean Non-Igbo) that the biggest obstacle to Igbo emancipation has always been an Igbo Son!

When Igbo was supposed to stand as a Presidential candidate, one Igbo son would "chop" and settle for Vee-Pee!
It is always an Igbo son that is "backing' a Northerner for presidency (nothing against a Northerner, mind you)... against another Igbo!
if it is not Chukwumerije, it is that 'perpetual Senator' that backed IBB all the way (cant remember his name now).

The 'others' seems quite adept at using one Igbo, against another!
But cant blame the 'others', ..."if you settle for peanuts, you're calling yourself a monkey!" (figuratively speaking)

Igbo must unite, stand by their choice and dont settle for less. It may not yield immediately but it will surely yield in no time.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Lastpage!
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:37am On Jun 06, 2013
igbo boy: you type "ofe mmanu" (as one word), NAIRALAND auto corrects it as yoruba

WELL why don;t NAIRALAND autocorrects ibo to IGBO each time it is mispelt by some certain cretins?

#DOUBLE STANDARD

Because when the bolded are typed, they know exactly who and what they are.
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by DuduNegro: 7:24am On Jun 06, 2013
igbo boy: you type "ofe mmanu" (as one word), NAIRALAND auto corrects it as yoruba

#DOUBLE STANDARD

I dont like calling you ibo or igbo, i love to call you yan.mi.ri. now, type that in and see what happens.
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by igboboy1(m): 5:08pm On Jun 06, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Because when the bolded are typed, they know exactly who and what they are.

hmmm i neveer thought of it that way....makes sense yoruba are indeed ofe mmanu and yo roba and olodowa hence the auto correction....

I drop my case
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by igboboy1(m): 5:09pm On Jun 06, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

I dont like calling you ibo or igbo, i love to call you yan.mi.ri. now, type that in and see what happens.

yan.mi.ri does not auto correct to igbo so that once concern you, e no concern me ..

type ofe mmanu (as one word) or yo roba (as one word) and see it translates to yoruba because thats what you all are .. o so so ofe manu juru ishi gi..
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by oluamid(m): 7:36pm On Jun 06, 2013
ACM10:

I disagree with you. Nigeria is a signatory to the United Nations convention that guarantees right to self-determination. Insisting on locking in unhappy groups in the union will lead to a very violent breakup.

The way the Nigerian national assembly is structured is hostile to the separatist aspirations, but friendly to corruption. So don't put the blame on the political representatives.
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by oluamid(m): 7:40pm On Jun 06, 2013
ACM10:

Self-determination through unlawful means? If you want self-determination, do it within the ambits of the law. Ask your Reps to insist on a plebiscite. Besides, how are we to judge that the majority of Igbo actually want to leave Nigeria? Because some certain individuals said so?
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by ACM10: 7:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
^^

Depends on your interpretation of "unlawful means". Can you expatiate on that term?
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by biafranqueen: 7:58pm On Jun 06, 2013
Please stop feeling sorry for them what have they done for Igbo people and the infrastructure or development of Igboland

Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by biafranqueen: 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2013
That is my exact thoughts my brother how can we split from 9ja what will we accomplish. Even though I was not born or even thought of during the war Biafra too me is an ideology as you stated

What it means to me is that we should come together and protect our land and the people to progress and build upon what our Grandfathers accomplished.

We must create jobs and industry so that youth don't have to migrate out of the east..Speaking for my own town Nnewi the same infrastructure that was built in the 70's and 60's is still being utilized today. What we have done is to build big mansions here and there and import cars that are driven once we are now trying to grow Kainte Tree's (Shea Butter Tree). Please let us pray and work hard for this type of progress for Biafra/Igboland. People praying for war and separation should really sit down and think of something progressive.

mekaboy: Since they are jobless and have nothing to do with their life, let the police arrest them and shot them.

Bunch of touts, embarrassing ndi igbo in the name of MASSOB. What have they done to develop infrastructure in the east? So when the biafra is actualized what role will these touts play? "Governors, presidents or minister" ?.

These are the same people that will terrorize the citizens who have achieved something from Nigeria.

To me, I prefer BIAFRA as an ideology rather than a physical country. It should be a mentality that brings igbos together to help one another and develop the region.

A jobless person in Nigeria will still be jobless in biafra country. A broke person in Nigeria will be broke in biafra so what are they fighting for?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari: Four Days In Office, Achievements So Far / FOI: Buhari’s State House Among Most Non-Transparent Govt Institutions – Survey / Saraki: PDP Will Shock Nigerians In 2023 Despite Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.