Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,400 members, 7,954,581 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:38 PM

Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership (9067 Views)

2019; Kashamu, Adebutu In Cold War: Both May Head To APC / El Rufai May Have A Question To Answer In The Saraki CCT Trial!!! / CPC Presidential Candidate 2015: El-rufai May Replace Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by morgist(m): 10:38am On Jun 05, 2013
There are indications that the current National Chairman of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Alhaji Bisi Akande, and the former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mallam Nasiru el-Rufai, may be picked to serve as the interim chairman and national secretary respectively of the proposed All Progressives Congress (APC).

Ahead of Wednesday's meeting of the joint merger committees of the merging opposition parties, party leaders and the APC governors in Abuja, THISDAY gathered that both the ACN National Leader, Senator Bola Tinubu, and Congress of Progressive Change (CPC) leader, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, held last minute consultations on Monday in Kaduna.

The opposition coalition had proposed an interim national executive with the chairman to be nominated by the ACN while CPC and All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) are to fill the posts of national secretary and deputy national chairmanship slots respectively.

Forming of the interim party structure is a key requirement for the registration of a new party with the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

THISDAY learnt that the three parties are making last minute efforts to fine-tune their positions on the composition of the party structure as well as putting together the necessary documentation so that the group can file its application at INEC.

It was learnt that one of the major challenges facing the merging parties is the inability by INEC to be clear on what the law expects of them with regards to the registration of the merger.

One of the members of the merger committee told THISDAY that the coalition was frustrated when in reply to a letter seeking clarity on the registration requirements, INEC wrote back urging the committees to go and seek proper interpretation of the Electoral Act.

“You know party merger has never been carried out in Nigeria's political system before. INEC is not helping matters, we approached it to assist in providing clear guidelines on the requirements for the registration of APC, but the commission instead asked us to go and interpret the law on our own,” the committee member said.

A source told THISDAY Tuesday that while ACN may choose to retain Akande as chairman of the new party, CPC is considering a choice between el-Rufai and a Kano-born politician, Hamid Ali, for national secretary.

Ali is said to be in hot contention for the interim job based on his grassroots popularity in Kano State, which incidentally, has a high voter population.

However, the source said el-Rufai may have an upper hand, having won the hearts of the leadership of CPC as a very sound and articulate person.

The source said CPC has decided to allow Buhari and other Board of Trustees (BoT) members to make the final choice for the APC interim leadership structure.

Meanwhile, THISDAY gathered that both leaders of CPC and ACN, Buhari and Tinubu, met on Monday at the private residence of the former military head of state in Kaduna to tie-up outstanding issues on the merger, including the sharing of the interim national offices of the party.

A party source told THISDAY that the meeting was also meant to allay fears of any kind, especially against the background of the sudden emergence of campaign posters canvassing support for a Buhari presidential ticket on APC platform.

The source said the meeting between Buhari and Tinubu lasted till about 9 pm, following which the former Lagos State governor left for Lagos.

http://www.newswatch24.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=1133:akande-el-rufai-may-head-apc-interim-leadership&Itemid=581

1 Like

Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by flexeey: 10:50am On Jun 05, 2013
Good move
Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by usayab(m): 11:21am On Jun 05, 2013
APC 4 life!

1 Like

Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by touch4mony: 11:58am On Jun 05, 2013
why is ANPP and the faction of APGA not always represented in this APC meetings of late or are they not Among again.
Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by Garrithe1st: 1:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
El-Rufai has the brain power to pulverize the combination of Maku, Okukpe, AbaThief, Gulak and Shyte-Reno_Omokri....

cheesy cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 05, 2013
Which El Rufai?
The same El Rufai that speaks as if he sniffs some stuff?

Then APC already have leadership crises before it was formed.

10 Likes

Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by Garrithe1st: 5:12pm On Jun 05, 2013
noblezone: Which El Rufai?

^^

PDP folks shivering at the thought of El-Rufai's missiles shattering them to pieces...

cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by Bashirfuntua(m): 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2013
That's very nice idear for them, El rufa'i is good person and may contribute alot to the party

2 Likes

Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 05, 2013
That thief called el rufai has joined the amourned personal carrier apc,well am jst waiting to see hw buhari will become 4:0 off come 2015 and how the north will burn,i have foresee buhari boko naram's death coming soon.

6 Likes

Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by omiobo: 7:40pm On Jun 05, 2013
noblezone: Which El Rufai?

gringringrin
Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by Orikinla(m): 7:41pm On Jun 05, 2013
As the West meets the North.
Wither goes the East and South?
Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by mu2sa2: 7:42pm On Jun 05, 2013
A solid opposition is good for deepening democracy. Without a formidable alternative party nigeria risks becoming a one-party state.

1 Like

Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by Aderemi275(m): 7:53pm On Jun 05, 2013
I can b dere Secretary if dey lyk 2 HIRE me....
Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by Opey4luv(m): 7:55pm On Jun 05, 2013
Wow!!! I will like to apply for the post of P.R.O

1 Like

Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by changeagent(m): 7:56pm On Jun 05, 2013
why not Lai Mohammed the most mouth toothed secretary in Nigeria. Enemies of change beware because APC has come toa stay.
Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by executinal(m): 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2013
No wonder El-rufai decided to lay low for now grin grin

But on a serious note, are this APC serious at all, opposition party still struggling for registration.

Anyway, no opposition yet

[size=18pt]GEJ 2015 FRESH BREEZE TIN[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 05, 2013
touch4mony: why is ANPP and the faction of APGA not always represented in this APC meetings of late or are they not Among again.

B4 u start 2 insinuate mischievous motives into d sharing of positions in APC,I make bold to tell u dat each merging party wil get position on a Pro-Rata basis wc means according 2d strength of dia contribution to d alliance

ACN has 97 members in d National Assembly,CPC has 47,ANPP has 37,APGA has 8

So its normal 4 d party dat contributes d largest member to d pool to get d Chairmanship 4loed by CPC.

Grapevine says ANPP wil get d Treasurership of d party

1 Like

Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by tunapawizzy: 8:09pm On Jun 05, 2013
As much as i dislike GEJ PDP and earnestly yearn 4 change.....i would never associate myself or my vote with that intolerant, cunning, and n bitter El-rufai that never saw anything bad in PDP until he got sidelined n kicked out.....maybe if they give me a fashola presidency i can overlook that otherwise for me APC is DeadOnArrival (all becos of elrufai man)

8 Likes

Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 05, 2013
morgist: Meanwhile, THISDAY gathered that both leaders of CPC and ACN, Buhari and Tinubu, met on Monday at the PRIVATE RESIDENCE OF THE FORMER MILITARY HEAD OF STATE IN KADUNA
.........but i have been hearing since time immemorial dat buhari has just one residence his whole life?

2 Likes

Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by Akpan107(m): 8:20pm On Jun 05, 2013
flexeey: Good move
Good move indeed! They are only wasting their time on a dead party that can never see the light of the day.
Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by ojubi(m): 8:21pm On Jun 05, 2013
Good give ELRUFI a job so he can stay away from twiter,please Oger Tinibu is there any thing to keep Dino Milaya busy? Even if it is clark job? So he can leave face book?

1 Like

Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by Toktee(m): 8:34pm On Jun 05, 2013
tunapawizzy: As much as i dislike GEJ PDP and earnestly yearn 4 change.....i would never associate myself or my vote with that intolerant, cunning, and n bitter El-rufai that never saw anything bad in PDP until he got sidelined n kicked out.....maybe if they give me a fashola presidency i can overlook that otherwise for me APC is DeadOnArrival (all becos of elrufai man)
LONELY VOICE
Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by bigboss80s(m): 8:37pm On Jun 05, 2013
Garri the 1st:
^^

PDP folks shivering at the thought of El-Rufai's missiles shattering them to pieces...

cheesy
Dude don't deceive urself. APC isn't going anywhere. I used to be optimistic about APC being a strong and viable opposition for the erstwhile untouchable PDP but their leader Buhari's recent statements have made me realize that there is no hope for that party. PDP who should have been on their p's and q's can now relax and do as they please cos buhari has shown himself to be the monster he really is. Nigerians want an end to corruption alright(which is the major if not only thing buhari has going for him), but we would rather die than have another dictator and extremist take over the reins of leadership in this country.

4 Likes

Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by Akpan107(m): 8:38pm On Jun 05, 2013
mu2sa2: A solid opposition is good for deepening democracy. Without a formidable alternative party nigeria risks becoming a one-party state.
Nigeria is yet to have oppositional party.... APC members are noise-makers and regional religious group. To the best of my knowledge PDP remains the only National Party in Nigeria and no other party close to it. A regional political Party can never be a threat or oppositional Party to a National Party.

1 Like

Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by Itoroetti(m): 8:44pm On Jun 05, 2013
APC(armour personnel carrier) decieving themselves.religious and tribal bigot.
Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by Garrithe1st: 8:59pm On Jun 05, 2013
bigboss80s:
Dude don't deceive urself. APC isn't going anywhere. I used to be optimistic about APC being a strong and viable opposition for the erstwhile untouchable PDP but their leader Buhari's recent statements have made me realize that there is no hope for that party. PDP who should have been on their p's and q's can now relax and do as they please cos buhari has shown himself to be the monster he really is. Nigerians want an end to corruption alright(which is the major if not only thing buhari has going for him), but we would rather die than have another dictator and extremist take over the reins of leadership in this country.

Who says Buhari is going to be the presidential candidate??

1 Like

Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by tunapawizzy: 9:12pm On Jun 05, 2013
Toktee: LONELY VOICE
k
Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by gameboy727(m): 9:16pm On Jun 05, 2013
Politics is so dirty
Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by drealsirhid: 9:26pm On Jun 05, 2013
They've not even been registered, they are appointing interim leadership. Do they think they would be ever registered as a political party when the other APC is in Court Anyway, the drama continues****sips Alomo with power horse***
Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 05, 2013
tttttcccchhhheeewwwww.... NEXT
Re: Akande, El-rufai May Head APC Interim Leadership by naptu2: 9:34pm On Jun 05, 2013
El-Rufai has already denied it on twitter hours ago. I think there's a lot of very interesting propaganda, dispozanda and information management techniques being used (printing of "Amaechi posters", printing of "Buhari posters", etc).

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oduduwa Republic: Adeyinka Grandson Is A Fraud / Ekiti Has Been Liberated From Pdp’s Bondage – Aregbesola / Pictures From APC Rally In Wamako LGA, Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.