Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,820 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Grace ( The Gift Of God) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grace ( The Gift Of God) (1159 Views)

Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? / Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church / Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grace ( The Gift Of God) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

my brother go and study, you are missing a few things- verse 2 says

2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

who were the people of reputation in Jerusalem? read acts of apostle

what was the result of the conference in verse 6

6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's personsmiley for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me

Bidaaaammm
I Don't seem to get your point here. Paul actually reported privately to a revelation he got so as to know whether he was on track concerning the gospel of Jesus according to what you posted above. abi no be so? If i could remember what we are arguing about it is concerning why peter was rebuked abi? if you read down to verse 11 it shows that peter travelled to Antioch before he was rebuked by Paul and NOT at the council of Jerusalem in Acts 15. You are mixing it all up.
Re: Grace ( The Gift Of God) by shdemidemi(m): 7:20pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: I Don't seem to get your point here. Paul actually reported privately to a revelation he got so as to know whether he was on track concerning the gospel of Jesus according to what you posted above. abi no be so? If i could remember what we are arguing about it is concerning why peter was rebuked abi? if you read down to verse 11 it shows that peter travelled to Antioch before he was rebuked by Paul and NOT at the council of Jerusalem in Acts 15. You are mixing it all up.

Bro, i tire na, You are acting as if I am out to ridicle the word of God. In Acts 15 the Jews sent people to spy on what Paul was doing with the church. He went to Jerusalem to be sure they were speaking the same things but the man was disappointed that James, Cephas and John could not add anything to him. He went on to blame Paul for all that was happening.
Re: Grace ( The Gift Of God) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bro, i tire na, You are acting as if I am out to ridicle the word of God. In Acts 15 the Jews sent people to spy on what Paul was doing with the church. He went to Jerusalem to be sure they were speaking the same things but the man was disappointed that James, Cephas and John could not add anything to him. He went on to blame Paul for all that was happening.
I don't quite get the bolded. Did Peter really blame Paul pls show me where he did that.
Re: Grace ( The Gift Of God) by shdemidemi(m): 7:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: I don't quite get the bolded. Did Peter really blame Paul pls show me where he did that.
11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed

check this things sir
Re: Grace ( The Gift Of God) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 06, 2013
shdemidemi:
11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed

check this things sir
And that is why i said you are mixing up the narratives..Paul went to Jerusalem and was given a right hand of fellowship by Peter and the others.Acts 15 which agrees with the account of Paul in Galatians 2:1-10. Peter traveling to Antioch Galatians 2:11-15 was an entirely different matter and in no way related to Act 15.
Re: Grace ( The Gift Of God) by shdemidemi(m): 8:32pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: And that is why i said you are mixing up the narratives..Paul went to Jerusalem and was given a right hand of fellowship by Peter and the others.Acts 15 which agrees with the account of Paul in Galatians 2:1-10. Peter traveling to Antioch Galatians 2:11-15 was an entirely different matter and in no way related to Act 15.

Galatians 2:11-15 has something to do with Gal 2:4
4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage.

like you said he did not attack them in Acts 15 even after what was said in verse 29 of the same chapter which was part of the legalism problem Paul had with them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Independence Day Thread:say A Short Prayer For Nigeria. / Satan Ministry: God's Love Of Harlots. / Baby Born In Ibadan Clutching Holy Qur’an (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.