Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri (19319 Views)

Boko Haram Fuel Dump Discovered In Maiduguri (Photos) / Jonathan’s Campaign Team Trapped In Maiduguri / Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by IjeomaObasi: 4:23pm On Jun 05, 2013
A major recruiter for Boko Haram was arrested in Maiduguri, the military said.
The Nigerian military said on Wednesday that it has dislodged all the terrorist camps operated by the Boko Haram in some areas of Yobe State and arrested 49 members of the sect in various operations in the state.
The military also said many Boko Haram members were fleeing to neighbouring Niger Republic through Nigeria’s porous borders.
The interior ministry had said in May that Nigeria had about 1,500 illegal borders that are poorly manned.
In a statement by the Director of Defence Information, Chris Olukolade, the military said the suspects were arrested in various locations in the state by the Joint Task Force following a tip off by some locals.
Various weapons including AK 47rifles, locally made pistols, and ammunition were recovered by the troops during the operation in Rugan Fulani, Arikime, Afghanistan and Ngandu villages.
The JTF team led by B.E. Inyang said all terrorist camps had been dislodged while some of the terrorists fled towards Niger Republic.
It, however, said some criminals still terrorise the state under the guise of Boko Haram.
“The DHQ team was also informed of a trend whereby some particular crimes have now taken the place of terrorism as the criminals now resort to brigandage, robbery and attempted assassination of business rivals,” Mr. Olukolade said
Mr. Olukolade assured residents of Yobe of safety of lives and property and encouraged citizens with vital information to provide the soldiers with them as they rid the state of the insurgents.
Success in Borno too
Mr. Olukolade also said a key terrorist who specializes in recruiting young men into the Boko Haram has been apprehended by troops in Maiduguri following a tip off.
He said the suspect, who allegedly also watches over the insurgents’ armoury, was arrested in one of the cordon and search operations by the Special Forces.
The soldiers also arrested another group of 5 insurgents, all from Niger Republic. They were arrested when troops stormed their hideout at Mallam Fatori as they attempted to escape in two Toyota Cruiser Jeeps, Mr. Olukolade said.
He said the soldiers have continued to patrol the notorious Sambisa forest and are also cordoning the Alou forest and Gwoza Hills.
“More abandoned vehicles, weapons and other items are being recovered in the camps of the insurgents,” he said.
He listed some of the recovered arms as rifles, double barrel guns, various charms and amulets, machine guns, as well as pairs of camouflage uniforms, bows and quiver and assorted rifle magazine. Others are handset, walkie talkie, car number plates and some food items.
“Abandoned vehicles recovered include a Golf Car, a Honda, Customs Pickup Van, Honda (2003 Model) and a Volkswagen Monte Carlo,” the military spokesman said.
Mr. Olukolade said police stations are now being reopened in some parts of Borno State.
“At Kirenowa, detachments of Police Anti-Terrorist unit have been deployed to complement security in the area,” he said.
The spokesman said the defence headquarters had organised a tour of the operational areas of the JTF for selected local and foreign Journalists. He said the tour is to ensure that “the media have a first-hand information on the situation in the operational areas.”
The federal government officially declared the Boko Haram as terrorists on Tuesday.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/137706-boko-haram-members-flee-to-niger-as-nigerian-military-arrest-55-terrorists-in-yobe-borno.html

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by remarkD(m): 4:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
Wow! Is this me? Again?!
I didnt prepare any speech shaa... but shout out to my homies hussling real hard back in Naija, the Lord is your strenght...He who has made it possible for me, will make it possible for you too!

Peace out, make i hit "submit" now before this award go slip from ma hand...
Ijeoma Obasi: A major recruiter for Boko Haram was arrested in Maiduguri, the military said.
The Nigerian military said on Wednesday that it has dislodged all the terrorist camps operated by the Boko Haram in some areas of Yobe State and arrested 49 members of the sect in various operations in the state.
The military also said many Boko Haram members were fleeing to neighbouring Niger Republic through Nigeria’s porous borders.
The interior ministry had said in May that Nigeria had about 1,500 illegal borders that are poorly manned.
In a statement by the Director of Defence Information, Chris Olukolade, the military said the suspects were arrested in various locations in the state by the Joint Task Force following a tip off by some locals.
Various weapons including AK 47rifles, locally made pistols, and ammunition were recovered by the troops during the operation in Rugan Fulani, Arikime, Afghanistan and Ngandu villages.
The JTF team led by B.E. Inyang said all terrorist camps had been dislodged while some of the terrorists fled towards Niger Republic.
It, however, said some criminals still terrorise the state under the guise of Boko Haram.
“The DHQ team was also informed of a trend whereby some particular crimes have now taken the place of terrorism as the criminals now resort to brigandage, robbery and attempted assassination of business rivals,” Mr. Olukolade said
Mr. Olukolade assured residents of Yobe of safety of lives and property and encouraged citizens with vital information to provide the soldiers with them as they rid the state of the insurgents.
Success in Borno too
Mr. Olukolade also said a key terrorist who specializes in recruiting young men into the Boko Haram has been apprehended by troops in Maiduguri following a tip off.
He said the suspect, who allegedly also watches over the insurgents’ armoury, was arrested in one of the cordon and search operations by the Special Forces.
The soldiers also arrested another group of 5 insurgents, all from Niger Republic. They were arrested when troops stormed their hideout at Mallam Fatori as they attempted to escape in two Toyota Cruiser Jeeps, Mr. Olukolade said.
He said the soldiers have continued to patrol the notorious Sambisa forest and are also cordoning the Alou forest and Gwoza Hills.
“More abandoned vehicles, weapons and other items are being recovered in the camps of the insurgents,” he said.
He listed some of the recovered arms as rifles, double barrel guns, various charms and amulets, machine guns, as well as pairs of camouflage uniforms, bows and quiver and assorted rifle magazine. Others are handset, walkie talkie, car number plates and some food items.
“Abandoned vehicles recovered include a Golf Car, a Honda, Customs Pickup Van, Honda (2003 Model) and a Volkswagen Monte Carlo,” the military spokesman said.
Mr. Olukolade said police stations are now being reopened in some parts of Borno State.
“At Kirenowa, detachments of Police Anti-Terrorist unit have been deployed to complement security in the area,” he said.
The spokesman said the defence headquarters had organised a tour of the operational areas of the JTF for selected local and foreign Journalists. He said the tour is to ensure that “the media have a first-hand information on the situation in the operational areas.”
The federal government officially declared the Boko Haram as terrorists on Tuesday.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/137706-boko-haram-members-flee-to-niger-as-nigerian-military-arrest-55-terrorists-in-yobe-borno.html

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by Makzylopez: 4:31pm On Jun 05, 2013
what a welcome development, this is wonderful. may God bless and reward abundantly those military operatives toiling day and night for the country.

10 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by remarkD(m): 4:32pm On Jun 05, 2013
These BH sure have had lots of cash... i am sure those cars are brand new cars... anyone know what the JTF will do with those cars? is there a umm... what's the word... a... ummm ... protocol? procedure? for handling such recovered items?

[quote
author=remark D]Wow! Is this me? Again?!
I didnt prepare any speech shaa... but shout out to my homies hussling real hard back in Naija, the Lord is your strenght...He who has made it possible for me, will make it possible for you too!

Peace out, make i hit "submit" now before this award go slip from ma hand...
[/quote]
Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by Zet72(m): 4:39pm On Jun 05, 2013
Go guys..no retreat no surrender,kill them all useless virgin hunters

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by momodub: 7:22pm On Jun 05, 2013
Na wa oo
Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by mysticgal(f): 7:25pm On Jun 05, 2013
Does this mean we can sleep with our two eyelids closed without fear of death
Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by Greatken007(m): 7:26pm On Jun 05, 2013
THANK GOD WE CAN NOW SLEEP WITH OUR TWO EYES CLOSED...

8 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by Uwakuwak(f): 7:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
Kudos to the govt effort,
Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by ebamma3: 7:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
kill all the aboki na rams we are behind u jtf
Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by CUIzundu(m): 7:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
They shud should suffer d same fate they were arrested for... Plz let's clear these twats off d phase off this planet....G.E.J set examples
Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by condralbede(m): 7:29pm On Jun 05, 2013
If this news is true,then my boys are seriously winning this game!forward match boys...the God is our strength.
Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 05, 2013
This Boko Haram organisation seems very organized.
They have a production department, finance department, human resource department, marketing department and labour department.
I'm quite impressed.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:35pm On Jun 05, 2013
Nothing wey we no go hear abt dz agents of death.
Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by Goddex: 7:39pm On Jun 05, 2013
Eyaaa, Gen Buhari, your boys are being picked up one by one.
Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 05, 2013
Recruite fire, bokoharam una no they reason 4 once, cows come get common sense pass u guyz becoz if cow smell death he dey run onlike harams,... Abeg make ar go chop akpu with Esan soup waooo
Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 05, 2013
I pray this bokoharam matter ends soonest!

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by executinal(m): 7:45pm On Jun 05, 2013
Keep it up JTF. Enemy of peace must die.

Spare no one kill them all

cool cool
Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by curtain: 7:45pm On Jun 05, 2013
Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by curtain: 7:46pm On Jun 05, 2013
these same recruiter would have flown with a private plane to abuja and be given ministerial position by buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by Kiaso(m): 8:09pm On Jun 05, 2013
Zet72: Go guys..no retreat no surrender,kill them all useless virgin hunters
hahahahahahahahahahaha lwkm.....virgin hunters! Nice one
Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by onyeguy: 8:16pm On Jun 05, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Greatken007: THANK GOD WE CAN NOW SLEEP WITH OUR TWO EYES CLOSED...
Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by otijah(m): 8:33pm On Jun 05, 2013
u never see anytin so better shine dat eyes
Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by Akpan107(m): 8:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
Yeah, two eyes closed and a opened mouth!

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by free2ryhme: 8:58pm On Jun 05, 2013
kill them all
Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by Rexyl(m): 9:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
The labour of our military personnel for peace to reign in the country by putting the end to terrorists‘ menace shall be timely productive,I pray in Jesus Name.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by RealMccoy2(m): 9:10pm On Jun 05, 2013
Not a good look for ACN/APC. Nigerian government should send every Lebanese national in Northern Nigeria to a concentration camp ( give them the Hitler treatment).

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by instinctg(m): 9:13pm On Jun 05, 2013
Oga Jona, u try dis time around but there's still one major question, are we forgetting their sponsors ?

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 05, 2013
The Army DSSC should be completed on time.I can't wait to be in the battle field.my target would be minimum of 5boko haram per day.its acheivable with God on my side
Re: Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri by sublimes: 9:16pm On Jun 05, 2013
My Concern is on our Porous borders! I hope the Nig Immigration service and the govt addresses this issue urgently.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? / NNPC: Refineries Gulped ₦81.41 Billion, Refined Zero Crude For 8 Months / 2023: Vote Only Tinubu - South-West Muslims (MUSWEN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.