Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Jiayu G4!!!!!! - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Jiayu G4!!!!!! (17390 Views)

How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 / Jiayu F2 4G LTE Specifications / Jiayu F2,S2,S3,G4-G4s,G5-G5s,G6 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 1:40pm On Jul 06, 2013
@ Fiscalcliff
Lol @ the wallet super glue thing...couldn't agree more though grin cheesy
Have you considered the G6? I think it has some of those features you are looking for. Bad side is that it is yet to be released along with the Jiayu S1 angry angry angry Wicked people!
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by fiscalcliff: 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2013
Dr. Dre:
@ Fiscalcliff
Lol @ the wallet super glue thing...couldn't agree more though grin cheesy
Have you considered the G6? I think it has some of those features you are looking for. Bad side is that it is yet to be released along with the Jiayu S1 angry angry angry Wicked people!
I'm already doing my research on the G6 and S1 which thankfully I discovered through this thread
Even at that, one should refrain from been with the first 2-3 waves of people to adopt the new technology when they drop
This is due to the price you pay to get the latest and best
Also most of the bugs would have been discovered and fixed by then
A point in example is the S3 which cost 88k in Febuary but now 62-67 in most mobile phone shops (I no mention last year O!)
Yet its still one of the best phones to buy which gives great value even though S4 is now out
This latest and best thing is just outright silly for there is no quantum leap in design, spec sheets nor software so much so that this top Chinese brands may not YET be as cutting edge like an HTC,Sony,Apple,LG nor Samsung yet they give them a very good and close fight
That apart,one can wait for some months to tag on name brands as their price would have eroded
The Super glue thing is important O!
To think $2500 can get you a clean 2008 sedan or 2002-2003 jeep from Nigerian Customs automobile auction yet some one would invest that to buy roughly 3 top end latest and best phones is not wisdom
Even if na fixed deposit that money dey,e make more sense cool knowing that not too long a time ago the Nokia communicator and Blackberrys were the phones to flaunt
Where them dey now undecided undecided
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2013
i dnt understand u guys atall,have u considered the design atleast..that is why d htc one sells massively in canada and spain all for just one thing DESIGN.lets admit d fact .jaiyu products dnt have the best design atall..bt other features entails it..me personally am a fan of design ,cus thats what comes 1st in a product,b4 specification..jiayu is perfect no doubt,bt why we centering our view on just 2brand jiayu and zopo..theres thl theres also iocean(love th x7 design)..the s1 is great as its a snapdragon chipset..meaning d benchmark should be 20k above..actually to me..i just feel the jiayu brand are just moving too fast and overpowering their fone.a fone with 2gb ram on mtk 6589 on jellybean 4.1,gosh what d hell do u need a huge 2gb ram for on just 1.2ghz with 4000mahz ba3 Ha!.i feel they are combating their fone too much with specs without even looking @the design and structure of the fone..too much specs kills fone oh..the s4 is an example..theres been lots of bug on it,the hotness d ba3 draining and so on..mk dem cool down,no be rush
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by fiscalcliff: 4:01pm On Jul 06, 2013
mr.drizzy:
i dnt understand u guys atall,have u considered the design atleast..that is why d htc one sells massively in canada and spain all for just one thing DESIGN.lets admit d fact .jaiyu products dnt have the best design atall..bt other features entails it..me personally am a fan of design ,cus thats what comes 1st in a product,b4 specification..jiayu is perfect no doubt,bt why we centering our view on just 2brand jiayu and zopo..theres thl theres also iocean(love th x7 design)..the s1 is great as its a snapdragon chipset..meaning d benchmark should be 20k above..actually to me..i just feel the jiayu brand are just moving too fast and overpowering their fone.a fone with 2gb ram on mtk 6589 on jellybean 4.1,gosh what d hell do u need a huge 2gb ram for on just 1.2ghz with 4000mahz ba3 Ha!.i feel they are combating their fone too much with specs without even looking @the design and structure of the fone..too much specs kills fone oh..the s4 is an example..theres been lots of bug on it,the hotness d ba3 draining and so on..mk dem cool down,no be rush
I have to disagree with you on some things drizzy though I agree with some of you other points
Design wise at this moment in time,I doubt ANY phone can take on the HTC 1 pound for pound
That phone is EYE CANDY personified to say the least
Yet its price entry is VERY STEEP,VERY VERY
And to think the TOTAL S3 cost if production was $244 while the S2 was $241 only for them to retail at 6 figures when they first hit our shores
Yeah they (top phone brands) do R and D, have a huge marketing budget (esp Apple and Samsung), pay taxes etc
But they do have very high profit margins though not as killing as Apple who though bring very quality products out,OVERCHARGE for their innovativeness
And to think they tag it CAPITALISM sad sad

Zopo, Jiayu and co might not be up there with innovation but they offer many a person, readily available WELL MADE ALTERNATIVES
Something which the big brands do by giving you watered down versions of their flagships angry sad
That`s why you see an Apple gearing up to flood developing nations lower spec and cheaper Apple products soon
Recall this is what made Samsung so successful, different products for different economic strata of society
Yet I`d buy a Jiayu S1 or G6 over a blazing new Galaxy S4 mini knowing its specs blows the mini out of the water and its Antutu scores is not too far from the new shiny S4 and other flagships

I agree the power of today`s hardware can be better utilised by a better designed Andriod yet brand names started the making of such powerful gadgets
However from personal usage,2GB of ram is the MINIMUM you require to run Andriod JB
My LG Optimus 4X HD which came with ICS and 1GB RAM lags at times seeing I flashed it to the official JB 4.12 although the JB ROM brought tons of improvements
One must not however not forget many a official ROM contains bloatware unlike lean mean alternate ROMS led by Cyanomodgen etal
Ubuntu mobile seems an interesting development so let's see how it pans out
Yet I still do not get how embedded devices we use today are so resource hungry as 256MB ran a Windows XP system disabled of intense graphics not to talk of Linux from which Andriod was spawned embarassed
Non the less, I tend to opt for high end devices [even if alternates like Pipo, Jiayu, Zopo etc] due to Andriod's notorious fragmentation due to their continues lack of support for many models
Imagine HTC One X which launched on ICS stopping official support such that JB 4.2.2 is not coming to one of 2012's flagships
Is that not crazy
Thankfully, it should see custom ROMs which would help elongate its lifespan unlike if it was llike a Samsung Galaxy Star or even the S1 cool
Lest I forgot, the Jiayu's battery for its coming S1 and G6 are monstrous
Depending on usage that's 1-3 days usage which is great
Or don't you see too many smartphone users e.g. you too, tagging their chargers along this days? tongue tongue
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 5:45pm On Jul 06, 2013
gosh such a huge long post...i dnt think u really understand what am actually saying..i just want this companies(especially jiayu) to atleast look at design and nt focus on just specs..atleast dats what the zopo brand is dong.balancing it..i dnt knw what u actually use ur fone for thinkng a 1gb isnt enough or lags on ur fone..perhaps u dnt have much storage left of something..there have been many issues about the 2gb thingy..ppl say its too much for a mediatek 6589 chipset..and i tend to agree with that too..the likes of nokia and apple uses 512 and 1gb ran..and yes u myt say they use a different less constructive os..bt have never seen an apple fone lag one bit even on gaming..and dnt call an iphone quite a huge spending...apple are knwn to have the the easiest and less stessful os..very user friendly..even a kid of 6 can use it well..also the durability of an apple is just nice..i have a frnd that uses an iphone 4 for close to 2yrs now..theres been no problem whatsoever on the phone and his nice a heavy user..all am saying is..lets dese brand(jiayu) stop focusing on specs abit and focus on on design abit..there are reasons why the s3,grand note 1 etc dnt use a 2gb ram..i hope u understand me now.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 7:43pm On Jul 06, 2013
@ Fiscalcliff
Seems we have a lot in common. It just doesn't make sense to lose so much on new tech I'd get cheaper if I wait 3 - 6 months. Also, like u mentioned, that will give time for any little errors here & there to be fixed.

Although I'm eagerly waiting for the launch of the S1, I know very well that I won't be getting it soon. I just want it launched quickly so that I can start reading praises & bashings that will follow in reviews. Kindly share results of ur research on the G6 & S1 whenever is okay for u. I know the G6 will have the largest battery ever in a phone. The S1 is to use a 3000mAh if I'm right. Anyway, to make my waiting period easier, I ordered a Lumia 820 via ebay. That should keep me busy & distracted till towards end of the year when I may then order the S1. It would be nice to see the Ultra Z take a massive tumble by early next year too lol.
If u call ur own style 'super glue' then mine should qualify as industrial glue lol.

Noted the customs car auction thing & may take u up on that later wink

@ Mr. Drizzy
If u have to judge Jiayu based on their designs, I feel they've not done badly if u consider the age & size of the company. Do u remember what Samsung, HTC (and other big names') phones looked like 7 - 10years?

As regards moving too fast, they are fighting in a crazily fast market. This is an era where the Nokias, Blackberries, etc of this world are playing catch up. I wouldn't complain of having too much RAM on that kind of chipset 'cos it will make a difference in the next 1 to 2 years as regards running certain programs that will spell out minimum requirements. Plus if it was coming from the big names, they charge u higher so maybe its better value for money. I may admit I'm wrong though if I see a very geeky analysis on this. Allow me to remind u also that we are already hearing of 3gb - 4gb RAM on phones.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by biz2get(m): 7:51pm On Jul 06, 2013
na wa oh ... how do yuu guyz manage with this long write up undecided
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 7:57pm On Jul 06, 2013
Dr. Dre:
@ Fiscalcliff
Seems we have a lot in common. It just doesn't make sense to lose so much on new tech I'd get cheaper if I wait 3 - 6 months. Also, like u mentioned, that will give time for any little errors here & there to be fixed.

Although I'm eagerly waiting for the launch of the S1, I know very well that I won't be getting it soon. I just want it launched quickly so that I can start reading praises & bashings that will follow in reviews. Kindly share results of ur research on the G6 & S1 whenever is okay for u. I know the G6 will have the largest battery ever in a phone. The S1 is to use a 3000mAh if I'm right. Anyway, to make my waiting period easier, I ordered a Lumia 820 via ebay. That should keep me busy & distracted till towards end of the year when I may then order the S1. It would be nice to see the Ultra Z take a massive tumble by early next year too lol.
If u call ur own style 'super glue' then mine should qualify as industrial glue lol.

@ Mr. Drizzy
If u have to judge Jiayu based on their designs, I feel they've not done badly if u consider the age & size of the company. Do u remember what Samsung, HTC (and other big names') phones looked like 7 - 10years?

As regards moving too fast, they are fighting in a crazily fast market. This is an era where the Nokias, Blackberries, etc of this world are playing catch up. I wouldn't complain of having too much RAM on that kind of chipset 'cos it will make a difference in the next 1 to 2 years as regards running certain programs that will spell out minimum requirements. Plus if it was coming from the big names, they charge u higher so maybe its better value for money. I may admit I'm wrong though if I see a very geeky analysis on this. Allow me to remind u also that we are already hearing of 3gb - 4gb RAM on phones.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 7:58pm On Jul 06, 2013
Dr. Dre:
@ Fiscalcliff

@ Mr. Drizzy

Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by LordReed(m): 1:01pm On Jul 08, 2013
Jiayu S1 $320 Nice.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 1:04pm On Jul 08, 2013
Lord_Reed: Jiayu S1 $320 Nice.
yeah is it out yet
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
Lord_Reed: Jiayu S1 $320 Nice.

A source / link would be nice wink
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by LordReed(m): 2:27pm On Jul 08, 2013
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by hancock(m): 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2013
Lord_Reed:

www.chinacellulars.com/jiayu-s1-5-inch-1080p-screen-15ghz-qualcomm-apq8064-quadcore-cpu-android-phone-p-3923.html

no go buy chinko o. grin
technically the jiayu s1 is not available for sale NOW. you have to be cautious of any website that says otherwise.
here, you can follow this link , scroll down and read trough the comments from helpless customers waiting for the launch of jiayu s1 grin
http://www.jiayu-store.com/jiayu-s1-quad-core-5-inch-full-hd-screen-ram-2gb-unlocked-smart-phone-32gb.html
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 5:57pm On Jul 08, 2013
This is the 2nd or 3rd site I will see quoting $300 - $350 price range. It would be a steal if it actually sells for that at launch. It's quite dicey to believe they actually have the phone in stock so it's better to still keep watching.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by LordReed(m): 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2013
hancock:

no go buy chinko o. grin
technically the jiayu s1 is not available for sale NOW. you have to be cautious of any website that says otherwise.
here, you can follow this link , scroll down and read trough the comments from helpless customers waiting for the launch of jiayu s1 grin
http://www.jiayu-store.com/jiayu-s1-quad-core-5-inch-full-hd-screen-ram-2gb-unlocked-smart-phone-32gb.html

Omo its even cheaper on there! It's a real steal!
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 6:11pm On Jul 08, 2013
Chei! This will make it harder for me to wait for 3 months at least before I try & get one o!

*goes off to find some industrial glue*
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by LordReed(m): 6:17pm On Jul 08, 2013
Men all these guys are really spoiling me now o! How can I buy a BlackBerry now? I haven't craved devices like this in a while. I feel a literal hunger!
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by hancock(m): 7:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
Honestly thats why I ve ordered for a nokia lumia 920 off ebay. Just cant stand the argony of waiting for a device you cant predict its availability. I ill probably just kill the tension with another phone experience in windows 8 along with my aged galaxy s2 grin
Waiting from now to august-october when these phones will readily be available is going to be a cold one.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2013
hancock: Honestly thats why I ve ordered for a nokia lumia 920 off ebay. Just cant stand the argony of waiting for a device you cant predict its availability. I ill probably just kill the tension with another phone experience in windows 8 along with my aged galaxy s2 grin
Waiting from now to august-october when these phones will readily be available is going to be a cold one.

I'm suspecting you o! Have you been spying on me / reading my mind? I almost thought I posted your reply while 'sleep-walking' on nairaland. Only the Lumia 920 & S2 part made me confirm it was another person that posted that. Hope we'd be able to rub minds on the WP8 when your 920 arrives. USPS still tossing my 820 around

Lord_Reed: Men all these guys are really spoiling me now o! How can I buy a BlackBerry now? I haven't craved devices like this in a while. I feel a literal hunger!
Blackberry? Dropped the Z10 last minute. In case you don't have one yet, allow me recommend that you get a WP8 phone instead. It will be more interesting as you'd be having a completely new experience with it
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by biz2get(m): 10:53pm On Jul 08, 2013
Jaigu s1 specs is dead jor
Android 4.1 w/o update a beg
But wait o
2GB ram 32GB rom omo .320$ lol
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by LordReed(m): 2:06am On Jul 10, 2013
Dr. Dre:

Blackberry? Dropped the Z10 last minute. In case you don't have one yet, allow me recommend that you get a WP8 phone instead. It will be more interesting as you'd be having a completely new experience with it

Not really interested in WP8. I had a WinMo6.5 and I didn't enjoy the experience so I don't trust MS yet. Besides I have played with a Lumia 920 nothing special in there. As for BlackBerry I just want them to release bbm for Android so I can say goodbye to it.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by LordReed(m): 2:08am On Jul 10, 2013
biz2get: Jaigu s1 specs is dead jor
But wait o

Oga where did you say that S1 is 4.1?
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 4:22am On Jul 10, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Not really interested in WP8. I had a WinMo6.5 and I didn't enjoy the experience so I don't trust MS yet. Besides I have played with a Lumia 920 nothing special in there. As for BlackBerry I just want them to release bbm for Android so I can say goodbye to it.

Oh ok. Sorry about that...but I just meant something to fill the space while the main 'food' is ready. U know when u are so hungry and the smell of the food being cooked is so nice but the food has to be heated for a while more. Sometimes u just find something to calm ur salivating tongue & rumbling stomach.

I'm new to the WP platform so I'm hoping before my interest wanes, I'd be able to get the S1 or any other nice android phone.

Tons of people are waiting for the cross-platform BBM version. I stopped subscribing months ago already & just use wifi.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 10:11am On Jul 10, 2013
biz2get: Jaigu s1 specs is dead jor
But wait o
oga are u mistaking 4.2.1 to 4.1
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 10:26am On Jul 10, 2013
Lord_Reed:

lol boss mehn i still respect the blackberry though..there was dis vid on youtube cnet dogfight z10 vs iphone 5..lols u guys knw d result..iphone killed it..though there are still somethings that z10 has over the i5,the keypad.the display and some of it..lets nt drag-out bb yet..they are jst coming up into the touchscreen industry..also its nice to have a new os on board nt d all traffic android.which is getting very wierd and disgusting a little bit..firefox os out.ubuntu should be out too dis yr or next,its a welcome development..personally i like the new windows 8 interface am jst abit pissed that windows arent really focusing on app development atall..dey seem to be too quiet.also lets nt get too carried away by the over 600k apps on playstore.most of dem a are similar or does the same features..eg screenshot app is over 5 in playstore..and its still d same work it does.broswer over 10 sef..and it still gets u to d same address.to me i thnk wp8 is really growing and making sales..a good start and thinking frm nokia..rather than following the drag for the android NUMERO UNO they tend to follow a different part.which some ppl dnt see.dey tend to make more sales than the htc family(if i got my calculation ryt)..
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by biz2get(m): 11:55am On Jul 10, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Oga where did you say that S1 is 4.1?

Lord_Reed:

www.chinacellulars.com/jiayu-s1-5-inch-1080p-screen-15ghz-qualcomm-apq8064-quadcore-cpu-android-phone-p-3923.html

On the link you posted...

mr.drizzy:
oga are u mistaking 4.2.1 to 4.1

Check the link bro I saw 4.1
Not 4.2
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by LordReed(m): 12:33pm On Jul 10, 2013
biz2get:

On the link you posted...

Check the link bro I saw 4.1
Not 4.2

It's an over sight. The S1 has 4.2 not 4.1
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by LordReed(m): 2:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
Image of Xiaomi Mi3 leaks, 5.5-inch 1080p display in tow
We've been seeing rumors about the third-generation Xiaomi smartphone for some time now and we
even got a glimpse of it thanks to a few leaked images. Now, another image of the Xiaomi Mi3 has been leaked. The source that leaked the images of the Xiaomi Mi3 prototype suggests a 5.5-inch display with a
resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, which is a nice upgrade over the previous edition of the Xiaomi that sported a 4.3-inch 720p display. If the rumors are to be trusted, the Xiaomi Mi3 will feature 3 GB of RAM, which will put in on par with
upcoming flagship from top-tier manufacturers. Furthermore, the upcoming smartphone is said to come
out with a 13 megapixel camera at the back, 5 megapixel front facing camera, built-in NFC, HIFI quality
stereo and a 3,600mAh battery. The Xiaomi Mi3 is rumored to be launched on 16 August, but there is no official confirmation of an event
for now.

Omo see wahala o!

Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2013
@ Mr. Drizzy

I like the fact that they launched a new OS. As much as promising as it is, I feel they woke up too late. They should have done what they are doing now 2 to 3 years ago at least. I just want a break from them for now. I'd try & wait for their next full touchscreen if I can fight off the temptation of the Z10 long enough before they do.

As for the Firefox OS, we will not be seeing it on a high-end device anytime soon so that's a turn-off for me already. Looking forward to what Ubuntu has to offer. Also, the guys that left Nokia to develop an OS Nokia rejected have something in the making & it looks promising too. Sometimes I just wonder how we arrived at this point where the so many options can almost drive a person nuts.

I get your drift about the android thing. Obviously, duplications are helping them in the number of apps war with IOS. Nokia has to do more no doubt but many developers (I think) are just too neck deep in the android-IOS sphere. I'm hoping Nokia won't fall for the android bait eventually.

@ Lord Reed

These Xiaomi guys are wicked o! Just when I thought I've had enough torture from Jiayu, they confirmed my fear. I've been reading speculations about this phone for some time. This sounds better than the Jiayu G6 & S1 put together. Now the question would be the price. I doubt they'd be able to launch this with the $300 - $320 price range going by what's loaded in it. If they pull that off, then Jiayu & the rest can kiss loads of customers goodbye. I'd even wait 6 months to get me one. Only snag is the resellers that shoot up prices crazily.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 11:04pm On Jul 10, 2013
lols@dr dre was dat post directed to lord reed or i..cus i dnt get,anyway xiomi is one blockbuster company..they seem to stand out frm the rest which i very much like..my issues is ..d cost is almost or should i say same with flagship fones.and i dnt think theres anything like protection glass added to it(anoda flush)..bt i do love their design
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 12:10am On Jul 11, 2013
mr.drizzy:
lols@dr dre was dat post directed to lord reed or i..cus i dnt get,anyway xiomi is one blockbuster company..they seem to stand out frm the rest which i very much like..my issues is ..d cost is almost or should i say same with flagship fones.and i dnt think theres anything like protection glass added to it(anoda flush)..bt i do love their design

Ha! Just noticed it. Well you know it was you wink. Hmm...didn't think about the glass protection part. I'd take it like that if I have the chance without a flinch. It's not as if I'd be using the device as a skateboard lol. The specs is too nice to worry about that for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Get Airtel 600 Mb For Just # 100 / My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! / Airtel BB Subscription Slashed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.