Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

What Am I Hearing? Whither Imo Concord? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Am I Hearing? Whither Imo Concord? (794 Views)

Amazing Pictures Of Concord Hotel Renovated By Gov Okorocha / Her Come The Global Concord / Who Bought (abiola, S) Concord Newspaper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Am I Hearing? Whither Imo Concord? by Onyegecha(f): 5:29pm On Jun 05, 2013
What is happening to Imo Concord Hotel? There are strong indications that the hotel has hit the rocks after several months of neglect and abuse. A guest who lodged in the hotel had to call relatives outside to get him water for a bath. He also requested for some candles because for days now, the hotel is at the mercy of the merciless PHCN. Though the immediate neighbours of Concord are happy to be spared the unbearable noise of those monstrous generators, but one cannot help wondering how the mighty have fallen in the rescue mission state.
Re: What Am I Hearing? Whither Imo Concord? by stkelly(m): 12:05am On Jun 06, 2013
We shouldn't be surprised, when the govnr has opened his own hotel chain, the fall of concord only meanz more guestz @ his own hotel, anyways between painting evrywhr white, using men wit wheelbarrow to work on major roadz, converting peoples land, and removing his deputy, and neglecting the industrial layout, how weel he have tym to fix up the place..I wasted my vote!!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Am I Hearing? Whither Imo Concord? by gbanikiti(m): 12:29am On Jun 06, 2013
Imo Concorde Hotel should be privatised.its long overdue! But Op,where is your source? Can't believe the shyte you just wrote.
Re: What Am I Hearing? Whither Imo Concord? by Abagworo(m): 12:52am On Jun 06, 2013
gbanikiti: Imo Concorde Hotel should be privatised.its long overdue! But Op,where is your source? Can't believe the shyte you just wrote.

The OP is not far from the truth but it has not reached the level he alleged. I lodged at Concorde 2weeks ago and it has really fallen. I was mad that the pool wasn't even treated for use by guests. I made enquiries and found out that Government has withdrawn subsidy previously paid to sustain it and it is no longer used as official hotel for Government functions but Rockview and one other hotel claimed to be owned by Rochas.

On one hand I see nothing wrong with it as Government is not meant to subsidize hotel instead of more important things. On the other hand, Concorde was a monument and pride for most us that had some part of our early life in Owerri and shouldn't be allowed to die.
Re: What Am I Hearing? Whither Imo Concord? by gbanikiti(m): 1:04am On Jun 06, 2013
Abagworo:

The OP is not far from the truth but it has not reached the level he alleged. I lodged at Concorde 2weeks ago and it has really fallen. I was mad that the pool wasn't even treated for use by guests. I made enquiries and found out that Government has withdrawn subsidy previously paid to sustain it and it is no longer used as official hotel for Government functions but Rockview and one other hotel claimed to be owned by Rochas.

On one hand I see nothing wrong with it as Government is not meant to subsidize hotel instead of more important things. On the other hand, Concorde was a monument and pride for most us that had some part of our early life in Owerri and shouldn't be allowed to die.
this is so sad! With hotels found in every nook and cranny of imo state,one need to wonder why concorde hotel is left to rot away.Do government still own hotels in Nigeria? The only solution is to privatize it to bring back its lost glory.the last time I went to the hotel was when I went for a musical video shoot 4 years ago.
Re: What Am I Hearing? Whither Imo Concord? by mensdept: 1:08am On Jun 06, 2013
All those hotels, yet not one is even world class. What happened to Ohakim's Oguta Resort? Wasn't money approved for that project?
Re: What Am I Hearing? Whither Imo Concord? by otokx(m): 4:44am On Jun 06, 2013
Imo concorde is actually one of the landmarks of Owerri but alas it has gone to the dogs and its largely due to non existence of public electricity yet the 40 man laptop dogs will tell us things are getting better in the power sector.
Re: What Am I Hearing? Whither Imo Concord? by stkelly(m): 10:34pm On Jun 06, 2013
No gud amusement park, no cinemas, no malls, no industries,poor road netwrks,substandrd infrastructure by Roche grp, no lyt in most places, no jobs, no feasible future plans, dirty environment, erosion stricken town..abandond projects..failed promises,unproductive policies,insecurity.. my home town imo..this must be the proverbial darkst hour b4 dawn!! Buh I hear hez heading to abuja to vie for aso Rock..I laugh!!!
Re: What Am I Hearing? Whither Imo Concord? by gramci: 12:07am On Jun 07, 2013
otokx: Imo concorde is actually one of the landmarks of Owerri but alas it has gone to the dogs and its largely due to non existence of public electricity yet the 40 man laptop dogs will tell us things are getting better in the power sector.

See this petty clown, are you not aware that your so called progressive governor owns Lamonde Hotel so it will make business sense for him to let Concord Hotel to decay.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We Can Make Peace In Rivers - Orji Kalu / SS,SE Vs Boko Haram Sympathizers / Letter To President Jonathan, By Al- Mustapha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.