Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,457 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Cost Of Wiring A House. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Wiring A House. (34852 Views)

Cost Of Wiring 3 Bedroom Apartment. / Is It Possible To Estimate The Cost Of Electrical Wiring Of A Duplex / Cost Of Wiring 3bedroom Bungalow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Wiring A House. by youngchopper(m): 11:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
pls ma fellow nairalander. Pls am a john wen it comes to building. I am opportuned to be incharge of ma 5bed room flat. Just roofed the house and the next stage is electrifying it. I got a quotation from an electrical engr. And he said to electrify a house has 3stages. Pls money for materials alone for the ist stage its almost 300k which sounds tooooo expnsive to me. Pls wat is the best quotation i could get in terms of this.
Re: Cost Of Wiring A House. by jerryben12: 3:24am On Jun 06, 2013
youngchopper: pls ma fellow nairalander. Pls am a john wen it comes to building. I am opportuned to be incharge of ma 5bed room flat. Just roofed the house and the next stage is electrifying it. I got a quotation from an electrical engr. And he said to electrify a house has 3stages. Pls money for materials alone for the ist stage its almost 300k which sounds tooooo expnsive to me. Pls wat is the best quotation i could get in terms of this.

Obtain a breakdown of the materials from him and buy them yourself. Whatever he quotes, buy half of it and if he runs out, buy more.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Wiring A House. by topsy23: 7:23am On Jun 06, 2013
It depends on what u want to install, lighting, ceiling fan, socket, AC, water heater, telephone, Dstv, but u can still go ahead and get the breakdown of materials cost since it exclude the labour.
Re: Cost Of Wiring A House. by youngchopper(m): 4:17pm On Jun 06, 2013
25mm pvc pipe 40 pices., 20mm pvc pipe 70 pices, knockout box 100pices,male bush 20mm, male bush 25mm,three inches nail, u boxes 100 pices,y box 130 pices, through base 3 pices, stopend box 20 pices,one bag of cement, A&B,kitchen unit(mk prd) 300 each, this is for the 3 bed room flat, why for the 2 bed room flat this same item25mm pvc pipe 40 pices., 20mm pvc pipe 70 pices, knockout box 100pices,male bush 20mm, male bush 25mm,three inches nail, u boxes 100 pices,y box 130 pices, through base 3 pices, stopend box 20 pices,one bag of cement, A&B,kitchen unit(mk prd). My fellow nairalanders are this things not much?
Re: Cost Of Wiring A House. by topsy23: 4:59pm On Jun 06, 2013
youngchopper: 25mm pvc pipe 40 pices., 20mm pvc pipe 70 pices, knockout box 100pices,male bush 20mm, male bush 25mm,three inches nail, u boxes 100 pices,y box 130 pices, through base 3 pices, stopend box 20 pices,one bag of cement, A&B,kitchen unit(mk prd) 300 each, this is for the 3 bed room flat, why for the 2 bed room flat this same item25mm pvc pipe 40 pices., 20mm pvc pipe 70 pices, knockout box 100pices,male bush 20mm, male bush 25mm,three inches nail, u boxes 100 pices,y box 130 pices, through base 3 pices, stopend box 20 pices,one bag of cement, A&B,kitchen unit(mk prd). My fellow nairalanders are this things not much?

Sorry the cost of materials is a bit cost if that's the list he gave u. What did he mean with A&B box? Does he mean 6x6 cooker control unit box? What of distribution board for the two apartment? As an Electrical Engr, u can give him money to by bundles of pipe as against the pcs and packet of male bush, coupler, u-box, 4-way box, end box,
Re: Cost Of Wiring A House. by youngchopper(m): 6:37pm On Jun 06, 2013
ma broda if it will be costly would just stick to surface wiring with square pipe.
Re: Cost Of Wiring A House. by topsy23: 6:40pm On Jun 06, 2013
youngchopper: ma broda if it will be costly would just stick to surface wiring with square pipe.

Surface wiring won't be good for this modern design and installations. Try n go for the latest installation. God will provide for u

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Wiring A House. by Halexmahum(m): 10:36am On Mar 31, 2015
If its actually for the first stage, I'd say its too much. Dunno if Labour is added tho.
Re: Cost Of Wiring A House. by mank1234(m): 10:15pm On Apr 14, 2015
How many pieces makes a packet of the u-box, t-box and stop end box? How many pieces is a bundle of pipe?

topsy23:

Sorry the cost of materials is a bit cost if that's the list he gave u. What did he mean with A&B box? Does he mean 6x6 cooker control unit box? What of distribution board for the two apartment? As an Electrical Engr, u can give him money to by bundles of pipe as against the pcs and packet of male bush, coupler, u-box, 4-way box, end box,

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Wiring A House. by Nobody: 2:20am On Apr 15, 2015
topsy23:

Surface wiring won't be good for this modern design and installations. Try n go for the latest installation. God will provide for u

It's personal preference.

I'm going for external conduit in my modern build by design.

1 Share

Re: Cost Of Wiring A House. by topsy23: 10:42am On Apr 15, 2015
CityNG:

It's personal preference.

I'm going for external conduit in my modern build by design.

Ok sir.

(1) (Reply)

Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) / High Quality Gates And Other Steel Works - Pictures Included / Reliable Supplier Of Building Materials Such As: Gravel, Granite, Cement &sands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.