Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,856 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Nigerian Cities Absent From 120 Competitive Locations By 2025 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Cities Absent From 120 Competitive Locations By 2025 (635 Views)

Fulani Crisis: Buhari Meeting With Governors, See Who Is Absent / We’ll Build Resilient Nigerian Cities – President Buhari / Buhari Absent At APC Rally In London- Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Cities Absent From 120 Competitive Locations By 2025 by Garrithe1st: 2:06am On Jun 06, 2013
Nigerian cities absent from 120 competitive locations by 2025

BY MICHAEL EBOH

NIGERIA’s competitiveness and ability to attract attention in the global financial landscape was brought to question, Wenesday, as no Nigerian city was mentioned in the list of most competitive global cities in 2025.

According to a new Economist Intelligence Unit, EIU, research report, titled, “Hot Spots 2025: Benchmarking the Future Competitiveness of Cities,” commissioned by Citi, London, only Johannesburg and Cape Town, both South African cities, were mentioned.

The report said that overall, African cities are predicted to be less competitive than their global counterparts with Johannesburg and Cape Town, named the 66th and 77th most competitive cities by 2025.

Johannesburg and Cape Town, the report stated are recognized for their physical capital, particularly improving telecommunications infrastructure.  It added that both cities were recognised for their increased regional and global trade integration, cultural vibrancy, and attractiveness as tourist and conference destinations.

Globally, New York and London were rated the first and second most competitive cities in 2025, while Singapore, Hong Kong, and Tokyo retain their position as third, fourth, and fifth

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/nigerian-cities-absent-from-120-competitive-locations-by-2025/
Re: Nigerian Cities Absent From 120 Competitive Locations By 2025 by Nobody: 2:24am On Jun 06, 2013
Unbelievable! On behalf of Rossikky, I totally disagree with this report.

LOL!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Absent From 120 Competitive Locations By 2025 by gbanikiti(m): 2:35am On Jun 06, 2013
So lagos didn't make the list? Eko ile should have something to say to this. angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Absent From 120 Competitive Locations By 2025 by Horus(m): 3:04am On Jun 06, 2013
This is just a new challenge for Nigerian entrepreneurs; Nigerian Cities have to be more competitive before 2025, and if you want to be more competitive you should like challenges.
Re: Nigerian Cities Absent From 120 Competitive Locations By 2025 by cybersaurus(m): 4:35am On Jun 06, 2013
this is absolutely correct. Tell me what major infrastrustural and technological developments are going on in nigeria?... None
Re: Nigerian Cities Absent From 120 Competitive Locations By 2025 by OneNaira6: 4:51am On Jun 06, 2013
gbanikiti: So lagos didn't make the list? Eko ile should have something to say to this. angry angry

lagos that was attributed the 3rd worst city to live in and its going up in the list. it went from 5th to 3rd. why in the world would it be listed as a competitive city. e no compete now, how it go compete in 2025?
Re: Nigerian Cities Absent From 120 Competitive Locations By 2025 by Gbawe: 6:23am On Jun 06, 2013
cyber_saurus: this is absolutely correct. Tell me what major infrastrustural and technological developments are going on in nigeria?... None

Precisely what I argue here consistently. We have to realise that, in a competitive world, others are not standing still.
Re: Nigerian Cities Absent From 120 Competitive Locations By 2025 by Garrithe1st: 6:27am On Jun 06, 2013
payless: Unbelievable! On behalf of Rossikky, I totally disagree with this report.

LOL!!

This will definitely break his heart

cheesy
Re: Nigerian Cities Absent From 120 Competitive Locations By 2025 by Horus(m): 9:08am On Jun 06, 2013
Improving electricity production will help.
Re: Nigerian Cities Absent From 120 Competitive Locations By 2025 by anonimi: 9:30am On Jun 06, 2013
cyber_saurus: this is absolutely correct. Tell me what major infrastrustural and technological developments are going on in nigeria?... None
One_Naira:

lagos that was attributed the 3rd worst city to live in and its going up in the list. it went from 5th to 3rd. why in the world would it be listed as a competitive city. e no compete now, how it go compete in 2025?

You guys must be new comers to NL and have not been following the posts and fine pictures of suspended bridge, 50 lane roads, metro rail, urban renewal etc from Eko Ile and his other handles with other ACN propaganda team.
In short, the report cannot be correct. We will organise a protest in London, New York, Geneva, Paris even plus including Kabul sef. lipsrsealed shocked grin

But seriously, PHYSICAL infrastructure is not what makes a city competitive alone. Rather it is more the QUALITY of the HUMAN capital available ably supported by the infrastructure.
That is why I keep saying Fashola and the other ACN scammers are not getting it right by not focusing on free and compulsory education for our children while mphasisng quality vocational education with adequately MOTIVATED teachers.

Not forgetting pipeborne water and primary health care as well with feeder roads in good condition ALL over the place.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Absent From 120 Competitive Locations By 2025 by doncaster(m): 10:06am On Jun 06, 2013
Gbawe:

Precisely what I argue here consistently. We have to realise that, in a competitive world, others are not standing still.
That is to say nigerian cities are standing still including the acn cities.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Absent From 120 Competitive Locations By 2025 by cybersaurus(m): 11:37am On Jun 06, 2013
anonimi:

You guys must be new comers to NL and have not been following the posts and fine pictures of suspended bridge, 50 lane roads, metro rail, urban renewal etc from Eko Ile and his other handles with other ACN propaganda team.
In short, the report cannot be correct. We will organise a protest in London, New York, Geneva, Paris even plus including Kabul sef. lipsrsealed shocked grin

But seriously, PHYSICAL infrastructure is not what makes a city competitive alone. Rather it is more the QUALITY of the HUMAN capital available ably supported by the infrastructure.
That is why I keep saying Fashola and the other ACN scammers are not getting it right by not focusing on free and compulsory education for our children while mphasisng quality vocational education with adequately MOTIVATED teachers.

Not forgetting pipeborne water and primary health care as well with feeder roads in good condition ALL over the place.
that is exactly what i am saying, you cannot expect to be a global city without infrastructure and technological advancement. Besides look at lagos, it is small but yet overpopulated. With such population coupled with pollution and insecurity, lagos is not yet a city but a large town. all im trying to say is at the pace the nigerian government is working right now i dont see any major city emerging within nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

OMG What Happend To The Gov Of Abia State In Aba The Video Speaks For Itself / Trouble Erupts In Rivers State House Of Assembly As 5 Members Sack Speaker / Rivers Assembly Crisis: Lawmaker Battered With Mace Still In Critical Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.