Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars (22963 Views)

The Mixed Reactions Between Obj And Gej At The Handover Ceremony / APC Tasks Jonathan On Enugu’s Coal, 2nd Niger Bridge, Others / Horrible Accident At Nkpor Flyover On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Ikengawo: 4:04am On Jun 07, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by saintneo(m): 4:31am On Jun 07, 2013

Police car snatching thingz
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:51am On Jun 07, 2013
Ricky_Ross: 1. The Nigerian police are useless bunch of cowards, even if you give them Caterpillar they will wreck it under few months. For this I think the Nigerian police needs specially made cars/suvs like HUMMER JEEP. If they can wreck very strong vehicles like Toyota Hilux, I wonder what would become of these Kia cars within the next few months. Kia is not that strong as we all know.

2. I would have loved the governor to purchase locally made Innoson brand but its on record no other state governor patronizes The Innoson brand more than The Enugu State Government.

3. Innoson should stop relying on the government for patronage. His vehicles are good and he needs to start marketing/advertising his products to West Africans. This is just about the only company that does not do any kind of marketing or advertising at all. Most Nigerians do not even know this company exist, its only on Nairaland most people got to know about Innoson.

Number two isn't true; All the vehicles purchased by the Anambra state goverment is from Innoson motors. Infact,that Innoson motors is still functioning today is because of Anambra state patronize. This is a well known fact.
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by timilehing(m): 5:02am On Jun 07, 2013
JideJamez: Armed robber go soon dey snatch police cars............this cars cool no be small*GTA mind*
Just as I thought. D car will start missin very soon
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by passion007: 5:06am On Jun 07, 2013
Does Innoson have sedan models? I'm asking because I've seen his SUVs, Waste disposal trucks and Transit buses all over Enugu, but haven't ever seen an IVM sedan.
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by kalufelix(m): 5:40am On Jun 07, 2013
Ricky_Ross: 1. The Nigerian police are useless bunch of cowards, even if you give them Caterpillar they will wreck it under few months. For this I think the Nigerian police needs specially made cars/suvs like HUMMER JEEP. If they can wreck very strong vehicles like Toyota Hilux, I wonder what would become of these Kia cars within the next few months. Kia is not that strong as we all know.

2. I would have loved the governor to purchase locally made Innoson brand but its on record no other state governor patronizes The Innoson brand more than The Enugu State Government.

3. Innoson should stop relying on the government for patronage. His vehicles are good and he needs to start marketing/advertising his products to West Africans. This is just about the only company that does not do any kind of marketing or advertising at all. Most Nigerians do not even know this company exist, its only on Nairaland most people got to know about Innoson.
3/3...
Dats all

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by SuyaEater(m): 5:42am On Jun 07, 2013
Lagos needs to implement patrol cars like this instead of that stvpid trucks filled with police.....

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by samyng(m): 5:46am On Jun 07, 2013
[size=13pt]wounder what the mix reactions are for, when these cars make policing in the state more organised as these cars are parked at most corners in the state. Its more like what we see in the movies where police cars are parked around and prepared for emergency response as well as speed offenders

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by kalufelix(m): 5:48am On Jun 07, 2013
slim fit :
Good thing, now pay the police properly.
yeah and upgrade dem to rhyme wit the new patrol cars...no be to dress doti doti enta inside kia
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by akpanoka: 5:52am On Jun 07, 2013
Who go d fuel am? When d fuel inside finish, we go See whether d cars go d road gain
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Okijajuju: 5:53am On Jun 07, 2013
deols: I wonder why Nigerians think they don't deserve good things. This id good and I like it.

Not for the swags but for what they can achieve with it. Let them film a chase and then we'd see how effective it is.

How effective would a V4 KIA Rio be in a chase against a V6 vehicle? Very ineffective.
Against a V8 vehicle even worse.
The effectiveness of the police can never be measured by the car they use. Remember that the existing Hilux vans were also given to them brand new. The Hilux is a V8, 4wd drive car that is also all terrain. Yet they wrecked them. At some point, they were also given Prado SUVs which they also wrecked.
The Nigerian police would wreck these cars in no time. That's why we a re not so excited about this move.
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by joeluv: 6:21am On Jun 07, 2013
Nigerians sef, we too complain, is that we love seeing our police in ugly vans? The Kia cars are meant for Enugu town alone. The roads in the town Are good and am sure they wld want the car looking old. So I see no reason why the wrecking of the car comes in. They are mostly parked on street corners all day.
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Iykeponti(m): 6:22am On Jun 07, 2013
Well done mr enugu state gvnor
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 07, 2013
liberty300naira: What do you guys think? Should we tank Sullivan or crucify him?

All of the above..
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by eaglechild: 6:25am On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

How effective would a V4 KIA Rio be in a chase against a V6 vehicle? Very ineffective.
The effectiveness of the police can never be measured by the car they use. Remember that the existing Hilux vans were also given to them brand new. The Hilux is a V8, 4wd drive car that is also all terrain. Yet they wrecked them. At some point, they were also given Prado SUVs which they also wrecked.
The Nigerian police would wreck these cars in no time. That's why we a re not so excited about this move.
The newly purchased vehicles are geared towards community policing.
Each is labelled with a given location where it is stationed. They are not patrol vehicles.
They are also armed with radio to call for back up if need be.
Hilux vans are still in use.
A Hilux van cost 3 to 4x a Rio.
The aim of the purchase is to heavily increase police presence and deter crime.

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 07, 2013
Police deserve it BUT CAN THEY MAINTAIN IT?

have you ever ask why is it that police uniform for rank and file still remain like that?
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by deols(f): 6:46am On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

Thanks for the explanation. With this, how can I not join your 'camp'.
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by boladez(m): 7:10am On Jun 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I'm highly disappointed. Chime should have patronised the locally assembled patrol vans. These politicians just mouth high unemployment rate but do nothing about it. Shame!

Yes, spend more time on the issues of your state and less on Mr Fashola!

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Dejohnbull: 7:25am On Jun 07, 2013
:POkija u wil kill ur self backing amechi, go to akwa ibom & see for ur self how pdp gvnr is working, the kia in ph belong to john mbata, old tata buses belong to john mbata, hav u seen fashola buses terminal @ ojota? Hav u been to Enugu before? & u did not see marcopolo & ivm red buses, were is amechi bus garage location ph, u r blind from reality just beware of flood.
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Remmyode(m): 7:44am On Jun 07, 2013

Innosion products are not so good and I won't blame any govt that does not patronise them. I was more than excited when I had the opportunity to take innosion bus from Nigeria to Ghana (Cross Country) sometimes back because of the noise we've made about this brand.
On getting to Seme border the A/C stopped working and that was how we took it to Ghana. On my way coming it was another innosion bus and this time the A/C did not stop working but water was coming out of the vent opening to the extent that I had to use my face towel to cover my shoulder as the water was messing up my dress. The issue i had was not only with the A/C, almost all the reading light swicht control had fallen off. I ask the conductor the age of the car and he said its about 14 month old. My advice is innosion should step up their game. You can't keep producing that quality of vehicles and expect patronage.
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 07, 2013
I reserve this space to comment after 6months when I see pictures of the cars again undecided
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Ikology(m): 7:48am On Jun 07, 2013
mamiel: I lived in Enugu for sometimes -about when Sulivan was newly elected. Looking back now I can see it all adding up, and d answer is simple; he's got some 'share' in this Kia thing. It seem to be d states official car. I tot my friend was lucky to be a councillor when d governor bought all of them kia brand, but then, it seem to be his style cos LG chairmen, trad rulers drive thes exotic cars. Hmmm, I see other governors following suit jst like wen they purchased taxi cars in hundreds, now its police cars. Very sure they get good cuts 4 their pocket. But wat can I say, even though we put the cart before d horse in our mode of opertion in this country, i stil tink our police have a little rep at least. Nigeria will get there, jst a matter of time.
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by 2goodbobo(m): 7:48am On Jun 07, 2013
The question should be will they be able to maintain the cars? Because I know very well that we lack maintenance culture in this country.
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Ogbonnagba(m): 7:50am On Jun 07, 2013
liberty300: Someone just told me on bbm that these police guys always have there car windows up always n probably av the ac on full blast thus distracting them. undecided
its not true. The officers are ready looking for a little offense from anyone.
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Denn(m): 8:04am On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

How will you say hilux comes with a V8 engine?

Your statements are mere assumptions made by a mind biased against this initiative. Arm-chair deductions at its best.

Just because they have dilapidated cars that were once new doesn't mean they should not be funded again.

Tell me, if you were the governor, how would you have assisted the police?

Always get your facts right...
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Eifeh(m): 8:10am On Jun 07, 2013
Anything you do dey must talk yes dem must talk ooo na them get their mouth oyorima

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by ugoezeb(m): 8:20am On Jun 07, 2013
Eifeh: Anything you do dey must talk yes dem must talk ooo na them get their mouth oyorima

i dont care eh
i dont care eh

stil on d mata, d idea is a welcome, d street ppl of enugu are happy nd proud of sullivan. Kudos to his team. I guess dia is a maintenance of plan 4d those police cars.
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by basilo101: 8:28am On Jun 07, 2013
kunlekunle:

if na fasola, u'll be the first to nail him.
innoson did not position his vehicle for business model, its for naija govt.
got it? its 2 too expensive.
Did he spare sullivan?
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by andyanders: 8:35am On Jun 07, 2013
joeluv: Nigerians and poverty mentality, we need to step outta that shit menh... i love the cars....

My broda, you said the truth. Sophisticated and expensive cars are been used by security personnel in the discharge of their duties in developed worlds and Nigeria should not be an exception.
They should not talk of the cars been expensive, unless the prices of the cars were over inflected which should call for a probe.
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Willywilly4: 8:41am On Jun 07, 2013
The police car look nice
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Two4Two(m): 8:45am On Jun 07, 2013
An absolute waste of state funds. They should have just purchased the TOYOTA or PEUGEOT brands that are rugged instead of the Fiber and plastic KIA RIO brand.
I bet you the N
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by WarriPikin1: 8:49am On Jun 07, 2013
Nooooooooooooooooooo! Chime got this one wrong!

Wetin be this yeye car for Police?
Patrol vans which can carry many Policemen and even the apprehended criminals is the best!
Yes, abroad they use one car, one police officer, and the car CANNOT BE A FOREIGN CAR!
Since we can't meet any of those conditions, the rugged and durable open Police pickup trucks are the viable force multipliers for our environment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Northerners In NEPC Gang Up Against Segun Awolowo / Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen May Result In Civil War If Not Checked-huriwa / Fuel Scarcity Deliberate Attempt By Pres. Buhari To Impoverish Igbos – Ohaneze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.