Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,818 members, 7,956,085 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:17 AM

How Does This Name (junior) Affect People? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Does This Name (junior) Affect People? (489 Views)

Odd Love: What Does This Fine Girl Want With This Guy? / "IF Your Mother Never Does This To You(pix) When You Were Young Then am sorry 4u / I Love Ramsey Noah Junior,for The Past 5 Years Now What Can I Do To Let Him Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does This Name (junior) Affect People? by Kingclickmedia: 8:24pm On Jun 06, 2013
First of all do not mind my grammar, just understand the concept thats all.
Some Parents of this modern time call their kid(s) "junior" as a pet name but as time goes-on the (pet) name over-ride the child's real name.
No doubt this name is kinda sweet (especially the person that bears the name).
Why i'm saying this is that my friend still bears this name "junior" not minding that the guy is getting close to his "university or polytechnic" graduation. I myself still call him the name (cos i don't know his real name) and i don't know how he feels anytime I call him this name (especially in the public)
My question is;
Is this name has an after-effect ?
Any experience ?
Re: How Does This Name (junior) Affect People? by Afam4eva(m): 8:29pm On Jun 06, 2013
I'll like to know people's answer to this question cos my name is Junior too and that's what people at home call me. lol
Re: How Does This Name (junior) Affect People? by Kingclickmedia: 8:36pm On Jun 06, 2013
Afam4eva: I'll like to know people's answer to this question cos my name is Junior too and that's what people at home call me. lol
this is a tough question . I still dey figure ma answer
Re: How Does This Name (junior) Affect People? by uboma(m): 9:30pm On Jun 06, 2013
the word Junior is not a name but a title. i have a nephew who bears the same. instead of calling Junior alone, i call him his father's name with 'Junior' at the end. And i do same for my friends who bears the same title. the truth is, when you keep calling someone Junior, over time, the term Junior takes over his real name and that aint good.

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day / How Do You Over Come Depression? / 'knack Me Akpako' Versus 'oga At The Top'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.