Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

My System Hangs, Please What Could Be The Cause? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My System Hangs, Please What Could Be The Cause? (1182 Views)

System Hangs During Booting / System Hangs Shortly Afer Booting / Computer Hangs At "Verifying Dmi Pool Data" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My System Hangs, Please What Could Be The Cause? by UNLEASHED(m): 3:24pm On May 03, 2008
I just discovered about 2 days ago that my system now hangs, including the sound, Please what could be the cause?
Thanks!
Re: My System Hangs, Please What Could Be The Cause? by uspry1(f): 5:42pm On May 03, 2008
You have virus attack caused your system hangs!

Look like either you have as follow below:

[list]
[li]not install your best anti-virus protection! IT IS MUST!!! [/li]

[li]not download the update your anti-virus software downloaded lately. IT IS MUST ALWAYS UPDATE more often. There are 1 millions viruses out there without your anti-virus protection.[/li]

[li]not download your Windows Update with Service Pack 2. IT IS MUST!!! [/li]

[li]If your sound is not working on your system, then your sound driver is missing or corrupted. IT NEEDS TO DOWNLOAD a sound driver.[/li]
[/list]

Or you maybe got download from the strange link you never seen it before that contains a virus inside the link WITHOUT YOUR ANTI-VIRUS PROTECTION! Could be a link, pirated software, CD, Flash memory stick, or floppy disk you just download 2 days ago! You got virus attack on your system.
Re: My System Hangs, Please What Could Be The Cause? by UNLEASHED(m): 6:47pm On May 03, 2008
@uspry1
Thanks so much, My anti-virus is out of date, And since then it has been hanging and also the sound also hang and drags anytime i play using the window media player. Now i have updated it, now what will I do?
Hope to hear from you.
Re: My System Hangs, Please What Could Be The Cause? by uspry1(f): 6:55pm On May 03, 2008
UNLEASHED:

@uspry1
Thanks so much, My anti-virus is out of date, And since then it has been hanging and also the sound also hang and drags anytime i play using the window media player. Now i have updated it, now what will I do?
Hope to hear from you.

Is that correct you had completed updated your anti-virus? Right?

For your sound hang/drags problem, follow my existing post on the topic "Sound Device Problem" at below link provided:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-130123.0.html#msg2196942
Re: My System Hangs, Please What Could Be The Cause? by UNLEASHED(m): 8:13am On May 04, 2008
@ Uspry1
Thank so much for your concern, I have checked my sound driver and couldn't find a yellow icon on it, I don't think there is a problem with it, I thikn it is the virus but I am not sure, I just thought, All happened the day my antivirus was out of date. I have updated it now, what can i do?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks
Re: My System Hangs, Please What Could Be The Cause? by uspry1(f): 5:16pm On May 04, 2008
@UNLEASHED

After you had completed updated your anti-virus, then open your anti-virus by double-click of your anti-virus icon from the taskbar that will prompt you new opening window dialog to hit 'SCAN' button being scanning entire your computer.

It takes time to be scanned ENTIRELY roughly 1-3 hours depend on how much hard disk drive (HDD) space you used. DO NOT USE COMPUTER/ACCESS INTERNET while being scanning!!! If it is small HDD space, then it will take less than 1 hours; otherwise for largest HDD space, then it will take more hours to be scanned.

Once done anti-virus scanned completely- - -it will tell you if there is any virus detected is found or not, next step, if none of virus detected is found, then follow the steps at below:

1. click START button,

2. click ALL PROGRAM, to select ACCESSORIES

3. under ACCESSORIES, select SYSTEM TOOLS, then select DISK CLEANUP.

4. wait it calculates how much space you will be able to free space. Then it will prompt new opening windows of DISK CLEANUP for Drive C:.

5. You will see that tells you how much space disk on Drive C: to be free up. Be sure mark all CHECKS of files you wish to be cleaned up unnecessary/unwanted/useless files on your machine.

6. Hit "OK" button. Wait it prompt cleaning up all files. And hit "YES" to accept performing these actions.

7. Wait until it complete disk cleanup to be disappeared itself. THAT'S IT! grin

**** If you prompted virus detected is found after scanning, please write down what the name of viruses you have and let me know to give you step by step how to remove virus. Remember there are over one million viruses out there. ****

Good Luck @UNLEASHED!

P.S. how often you should use DISK CLEANUP and SYSTEM SCAN (anti-virus), depend on how much you use computer access. If it is everyday computer use in 24 hours in 7 days, then it should be either every week or every two weeks.

If it is rarely computer use, then it should be every month or every 3 months.

It helps keeping your computer system performance cleaned and faster avoid being cluttered or slow down!!!
Re: My System Hangs, Please What Could Be The Cause? by kidgenious(m): 7:12pm On May 20, 2008
nice one uspry1,wat aspect of IT do u specialize in
Re: My System Hangs, Please What Could Be The Cause? by uspry1(f): 10:17pm On May 20, 2008
kidgenious:

nice one uspry1,what aspect of IT do u specialize in
@kidgenious

I am specialized in the combination of web development, graphic design, computer service/troubleshooting/upgrade, document conversion, office administration support, bookkeeping (small business accounting), inventory control management, web hosting/domain reselling,  website maintenance, and computer consulting.

Experiences: 15 years working in office admnistration support and 8 years web-graphic designing and development business working at home.

Bachelor Degrees: 1987 Computer Information Systems; 2004 Visual Communications

Certifications: 1999 Web Development; 1999 Web Accessibility; 1999 Hardware Computer Repair/Troubleshooting

My Computer Proficient are:

[list]
[li]Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint[/li]
[li]Adobe suite: Flash MX/CS3, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Acrobat[/li]
[li]Programming: PHP, XML, Actionscript, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, some CGI-Perl, come soon: Flex 3, can incorporate someone (programmers) coding in ASP and JAVA onto website [/li]
[li]Database: MySQL, MS Access[/li]
[li]Office Support: automated letter merge with multiple mailing lists, business correspondences, business publications such as flyer, business card, newsletter, newspaper, corporate presentation, visual storyboard, and other office procedures[/li]
[li]Web Host platform: Apache, Linux, Flash Media Server, AMFPHP, Flash Remoting Server, PHPmyAdmin[/li]
[li]Web Host CMS: H-sphere, Plesk, C-panel [/li]
[li]Other software: FlashDevelop 3, ACE-FTP, PC-FAX, eFax[/li]
[li]Peripherals: flat-bed scanner, color printer, graphic tablet with sensitive pen[/li]
[/list]

Read my existing post on the topic, "DO YOU LOVE COMPUTER?" at below link:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-120021.0.html#msg2059776

Nope, i did not take MSCE certification as I should have but no needed to do so!
Re: My System Hangs, Please What Could Be The Cause? by Wisdomxy(m): 5:14pm On Jun 30, 2008
my own system hp compaq nx6110 was also hanging and anytime i updated my antivirus Mcafee enterprise 8.5 the problem will go temporarily, but recently it will fail to boot and a system engineer told me to replace the motherboard or cannibalize it but it will suprise you that is the same system i'm browsing with now.Someone that knows his onions in system repair help me disable the USB PORTS and that was the solution for now.Any better solution is welcome for now
Re: My System Hangs, Please What Could Be The Cause? by kidgenious(m): 10:56pm On Nov 27, 2008
@wisdomxy,y not try repairing/re-installing ur OS.dat shuld resolve it cos it looks more of a software problem than hardware.gudluck,dere are lots of yeye engineers around be watchful

@uspry1,dats an impressive cv.wouldnt mind learning 1 or 2 tins from u if u are willing.lol
Re: My System Hangs, Please What Could Be The Cause? by UNLEASHED(m): 12:18pm On Nov 28, 2008
exhuming a post that was buried almost 9 months ago??!!
Re: My System Hangs, Please What Could Be The Cause? by kidgenious(m): 8:45pm On Nov 28, 2008
sorry just tot i shuld add my 2cents!!! wink grin though culd still be usefull for newbies
Re: My System Hangs, Please What Could Be The Cause? by UNLEASHED(m): 7:37pm On Nov 30, 2008
There you go bro!

(1) (Reply)

Deep-sea Internet Could Send Tsunami Warnings To Smartphones / Looking For 15k Laptop To Buy / U.S Clean Hp2000 Laptop 300gb, 4ram For Just 55k(pics)SOLD!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.