Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 (11358 Views)

Do Me Vs Kukere - Which Was The Bigger HIT In Nigeria & Across Africa? / Iyanya Ft D’banj – Kukere Remix / Iyanya - Kukere [video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by Tgirl4real(f): 9:45am On Jun 07, 2013
A few days ago, I got a link from a friend asking me to watch a video on you tube. After clicking on it, I couldn't watch it immediately due to poor internet connection. Some days later, I was lucky enough to watch the video and it ended up being a video of two white chicks performing a dance routine to the popular Kukere song by Iyanya.

I was particularly intrigued by this video. It is funny seeing people other than Nigerians (and may be Africans) do a dance that is traditional to your part of the world. When black-Americans do it, it is kind of acceptable, but when you see white chicks do the dance and not just do it, but do it perfectly, it makes me proud of where I am from - Africa.

The Etighi dance (Nigerian traditional Efik dance) is vast becoming popular like Azonto... http://mumitanisplace..com/2013/06/inyanyas-kurukere-queen-competition.html

This particular entry nailed it for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buIBVuAkw5s

Unfortunately, Iyanya gave it to entry 12, I guess cos of the reasons they gave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3lV5awB_PI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCb4017hWBQ

1 Like

Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by scientology(m): 4:03pm On Jun 08, 2013
Rubbish
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by spoofproof: 4:05pm On Jun 08, 2013
As usual, copying Fuse Dog's Antenna competition......only this shyt is wack undecided
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by WIZGUY69(m): 4:09pm On Jun 08, 2013
undecidedam tayad of hearing d word KUKERE jawe! Rememeber kukere is the name of a song o
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by HARDEYLEKE(m): 4:10pm On Jun 08, 2013
so? i wonder why it makes d fp
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by Gwekzy: 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2013
BeinG rational I tink dis is NONSENSE
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by Desloaaa(f): 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2013
Kukere abi ikpeKere?...mtchewww
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by Goldienana(f): 4:17pm On Jun 08, 2013
Did I see (.)Continue::::
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 08, 2013
spoofproof: As usual, copying Fuse Dog's Antenna competition......only this shyt is wack undecided
and who is fuse dog?

3 Likes

Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 08, 2013
That's nice. I can't even dance that way. But I guess it's not a matter of skin colour. If you can, you can. If you can't you can't !!!!
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by abduldope(m): 4:42pm On Jun 08, 2013
d song kukere is owtdated... #ShiKena#
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by martyns303(m): 4:43pm On Jun 08, 2013
spoofproof: As usual, copying Fuse Dog's Antenna competition......only this shyt is wack undecided
D'banj did it in Oliver Twist long b4 Antenna.

2 Likes

Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 08, 2013
Lydias getting good. kiss

Yay for Germans! grin
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 08, 2013
Poor Africans, always seeking validity of the West. What's special in entry 8 except their skin color?
We dance to their music so what's the hype if they dance to ours?

7 Likes

Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 08, 2013
Hmm I watched entry 12. They were good.

Make I show you snipers etigi grin
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by deskossy(m): 5:11pm On Jun 08, 2013
Abeg na who be fuse dog,I wan knw...hw many song him don sing?na d guy wey sing satelite?

2 Likes

Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by AbuMikey(m): 5:31pm On Jun 08, 2013
Just laughing at iT!!!
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by SaintChukz(m): 5:55pm On Jun 08, 2013
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by ichommy(m): 5:56pm On Jun 08, 2013
Ada Nri1: That's nice. I can't even dance that way. But I guess it's not a matter of skin colour. If you can, you can. If you can't you can't !!!!
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by SaintChukz(m): 6:04pm On Jun 08, 2013
scientology: Rubbish
Seconded
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by naUgotire: 6:13pm On Jun 08, 2013
A typical Nigerian inferiority complex. Why would you be surprised that white girls are dancing to Iyanya's music? We dance to their music every freaking day, and they are never surprised seeing us doing that. Why must their case be different from your perspective? Mtcheeeew! angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 08, 2013

Dude, your comments are always pretty off... what has organizing a dance competition got to do with copying fuse? Was he the first Afrcan artist to organize a dance competition
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 08, 2013
na U go tire:
A typical Nigerian inferiority complex. Why would you be surprised that white girls are dancing to Iyanya's music? We dance to their music every freaking day, and they are never surprised seeing us doing that. Why must their case be different from your perspective? Mtcheeeew! angry angry angry angry

Such competitions are organized for fun/other things. I don't see what's wrong with that...
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by naUgotire: 7:02pm On Jun 08, 2013
ekwah:

Such competitions are organized for fun/other things. I don't see what's wrong with that...

There's nothing wrong with that, I know. My issue is that OP seems very surprised and highly elated that Oyibo girls could dance to Kukere music. We dance to their brand of music every day and nobody gives a damn.

2 Likes

Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by babadem2much(m): 7:15pm On Jun 08, 2013
deskossy: Abeg na who be fuse dog,I wan knw...hw many song him don sing?na d guy wey sing satelite?

na d 1 wey sing aerial n dstv. u get sense die joor
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by alienware(m): 8:01pm On Jun 08, 2013
What is so special abt white chicks dancing to kukere by inyanya ? Though i heard their Kitty-Cat is so sweet, a friend told me, it taste like roasted corn.
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by Joshcoli(m): 9:08pm On Jun 08, 2013
Can't believe I just wasted 30mb watching this megtophrobic nonsense
Mtscheeww
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by Nobody: 3:34am On Jun 09, 2013
Iyanya should come and shake that waist for me......... all I want is your waist baby kiss
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by tutu1: 4:18am On Jun 09, 2013
YOU JUST A HATER
Prof Corruption: Poor Africans, always seeking validity of the West. What's special in entry 8 except their skin color?
We dance to their music so what's the hype if they dance to ours?
Re: Iyanya Kukere Queen Competition - Entry 8 by dasparrow: 4:29am On Jun 09, 2013
tutu1: YOU JUST A HATER

Do you even know the meaning of the word 'hater' or did you just discover the word and feel compelled to use it? I guess you are one of those caucasian-worshipping Negros and feel elevated that they even give a darn about our music.

@Post

I don't see the big deal.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Official Video - The Mavins - Dorobucci / Pictures From The Headies 2012 / D'banj - "As I Dey Go" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.