Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (198874 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 12:47am On Jun 08, 2013
this is an official thread for nissan & infiniti owners and admirers. Nissan and infiniti car problems would be discussed and solved here! smiley

NISSAN-a parent to infiniti, Nissan attempts to emphasize sportiness, with varying success smiley

INFINITI-founded in 1989, Nissan's luxury division has succeeded more than most newer luxury brands at competing with BMW.

kindly state all your nissan/infiniti problems, suggestions and information here smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by biggiyke(m): 8:04pm On Jun 08, 2013
2008 FX35 AWD. subscribing.......
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by yungboss(m): 10:52am On Jun 09, 2013
How is the 2006 infiniti G35, is it an expensive car to own? Saw one and i liked it. Thinking of adding one to my family...
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2013
spacebooked
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by xerotop(m): 3:22pm On Jun 09, 2013
am seriously considering PORTING from my childhood fantasies(BMW) to an infinity FX45.
probably a 2006 model. am being frustrated by my mechanic.
av been carrying out so much research abt the FX. av discovered so much abt them.
and i think am going to PORT very soon.
you hardly find the FX in garages lying fallow.
for the fuel aspect of the FX, i think God will take care of dat

infinity gurus in the house, kindly shed more light on the FX especially the 45 as am so interested in that beast of a crossover

2 Likes

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by yungboss(m): 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
xerotop: am seriously considering PORTING from my childhood fantasies(BMW) to an infinity FX45.
av been carrying out so much research abt the FX. av discovered so much abt them.

infinity gurus in the house, kindly shed more light on the FX especially the 45 as am so interested in that beast of a crossover
BMWs are great cars, i do not think i'm ready to "port"...i haven't driven the M3s, the 335i, the e39 540i and the 2001 740il (the list goes on...)
i test drove the infiniti G35 and it was cool, kind of liked it. I'm replacing the engine of my e46 323ci with a 330i...just wondering how the 330's 3.0l I6 215hp will match up with the G35's 3.5l V6 270hp...
What i know about the fx 45 is that it is very fast. 4.5s from 0-60mph, faster than the 4.4 v8 BMW X5.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by xerotop(m): 7:15pm On Jun 09, 2013
yungboss:
BMWs are great cars, i do not think i'm ready to "port"...i haven't driven the M3s, the 335i, the e39 540i and the 2001 740il (the list goes on...)
i test drove the infiniti G35 and it was cool, kind of liked it. I'm replacing the engine of my e46 323ci with a 330i...just wondering how the 330's 3.0l I6 215hp will match up with the G35's 3.5l V6 270hp...
What i know about the fx 45 is that it is very fast. 4.5s from 0-60mph, faster than the 4.4 v8 BMW X5.

av had great experience with d BMW brand. av had 6 BmWs of which r 5 diff models.
av also driven virtually all series execpt the M5, m6, x6 and x5m.
am not really a fan of SUVs but i think am in love with the FX45.
also considering wot am goin thru in d hands of my mechanic, for me d fx is way to go.
a very powerful V8 engine with 320hp for the '06 model? wow!
very lovely and serene interior? more luxurious than the X5.
20' wheel, rear camera, 10 way adjustable driver seat,
the power and the exhaust notes trips me, the chaether look is fascinating.
very reliable frm wot i heard frm a few folks dat owns 1.
the Fx45 is powerful and i bet a test drive will blow you away.

only down part is a small trunk and low gas mileage.

BMW is still my brand anyday, may be when i can afford to repair @ coscharis.

i need to always spend my weekends and holidays with my family and not @ my mechanics place
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 09, 2013
Anything to make your time with family inviolable. Port quick abeg. cheesy
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by biggiyke(m): 7:40pm On Jun 09, 2013
like i stated earlier, i drive 2008 fx35. its a very reliable suv. the only problem i hv wt d ride is the front linkages. mayb i havnt been buyin originals cos they go bad lik evry 4 months. dis car is a beast on the road. it MOVES!!! i must warn you though, if you r fuel conscious, did isnt d ride 4 u. & also, i wont advic any1 to have it as an only car. im actually plannin to support it wt a smaller car, maybe a babyboy.
overall, a good ride to own and show off on d highway.
xerotop: am seriously considering PORTING from my childhood fantasies(BMW) to an infinity FX45.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 09, 2013
yungboss:
What i know about the fx 45 is that it is very fast. 4.5s from 0-60m.
Not so fast. The Infiniti FX45 is 0-60 mph 6.2; while the Infiniti M45 Sport is 0-60 mph 5.8
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by yungboss(m): 11:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
Costee:
Not so fast. The Infiniti FX45 is 0-60 mph 6.2; while the Infiniti M45 Sport is 0-60 mph 5.8
thanks for the correction Costee, i think i adore the fx45 too...its V8 320bhp is awesome. I think the X5 is faster with a 4.8is 350 V8...though weightier...hopefully its a G35 for me...but how does that fair against the Camry V6 or the Honda V6?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by yungboss(m): 11:10pm On Jun 09, 2013
Costee:
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 09, 2013
yungboss:
thanks for the correction Costee, i think i adore the fx45 too...its V8 320bhp is awesome. I think the X5 is faster with a 4.8is 350 V8...though weightier...hopefully its a G35 for me...but how does that fair against the Camry V6 or the Honda V6?
Infiniti G35 Sedan is 0-60 mph 6.1; BMW X5 4.8i is 0-60 mph 6.0. Personally I don't reckon with Toyota and Honda as fast cars when the chips are down.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by icemann(m): 12:41am On Jun 10, 2013
Costee:
Infiniti G35 Sedan is 0-60 mph 6.1; BMW X5 4.8i is 0-60 mph 6.0. Personally I don't reckon with Toyota and Honda as fast cars when the chips are down.

You both might be right if you specified the years. What year are there cars?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by yungboss(m): 3:14am On Jun 10, 2013
icemann:

bmw X5= 2008, infiniti G35= 2005/6...
The camry V6 is damn fast. With a 2007/8, quarter mile will be accomplished at mid 14secs or less. Same as the accord and the G35. But the G is RWD so i guess it'll be the best handler among these
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by yungboss(m): 3:27am On Jun 10, 2013
icemann:

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by jodeci(m): 6:48am On Jun 10, 2013
@ BIGGIYKE,HOW IS YOUR BEAST DOING? ANYONE WHO COULD AFFORD AN INFINITI SUV SHOULDNT BOTHER ABOUT FUELLING IT.SERIOUSLY MAKING PLANS TO ADD ONE OF FX SERIES TO MY GARAGE.

THE PATHY AINT BAD AFTERALL,HAVE DRIVEN FOR ONE YEAR NOW WITHOUT ANY ISSUES AT ALL,ALOT MORE RUGGED THAN I READ ONLINE.THE ONLY DOWN SIDE IS LACK OF "FLYING SPEED".

WHO NO GO NO KNOW.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by jodeci(m): 6:57am On Jun 10, 2013
@ BIGGIYKE,HOW IS YOUR BEAST DOING? ANYONE WHO COuLD AFFORD AN INFINITI SUV SHOULDNT BOTHER ABOUT FUELLING IT.SERIOUSLY MAKING PLANS TO ADD ONE OF FX SERIES TO MY GARAGE.

THE PATHY AINT BAD AFTERALL,HAVE DRIVEN FOR ONE YEAR NOW WITHOUT ANY ISSUES AT ALL,ALOT MORE RUGGED THAN I READ ONLINE.THE ONLY DOWN SIDE IS LACK OF "FLYING SPEED".

WHO NO GO NO KNOW.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 10, 2013
yungboss: How is the 2006 infiniti G35, is it an expensive car to own? Saw one and i liked it. Thinking of adding one to my family...

yeah, its a nice ride! Hmmm I don't think its an expensive car to own,...its quite ok, fuel economy is just ok too
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 10, 2013
yungboss: How is the 2006 infiniti G35, is it an expensive car to own? Saw one and i liked it. Thinking of adding one to my family...

Timing belt is rubber, it cuts and you park inside the bush.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 10, 2013
Costee:

For your mind, Honda Ivtec 2008 isnt a fast car. The fastest cars on Nigerian roads are Merscedes, BMW and Honda(Ivtec), the last being the commonest. If you are rich, try Hyundai (Genesis). Am a road user(long haul).
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Ikenna351(m): 10:37am On Jun 10, 2013
Please, we are beginning to derail and mess this thread up. Its a Nissan and Infinity thread,not a thread to compare cars or compare Nissan with other brands.

Ikenna.

3 Likes

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by yungboss(m): 10:15pm On Jun 10, 2013
Ikenna351: Please, we are beginning to derail and mess this thread up. Its a Nissan and Infinity thread,not a thread to compare cars or compare Nissan with other brands.

Ikenna.
i think the discussion is still on track. It's all for the good of the thread, we can still compare infiniti with other cars as part of the topic...for those who seek to know the difference between infiniti and the other cars...just saying

2 Likes

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 10, 2013
yungboss:
i think the discussion is still on track. It's all for the good of the thread, we can still compare infiniti with other cars as part of the topic...for those who seek to know the difference between infiniti and the other cars...just saying
Well said.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Ikenna351(m): 10:58pm On Jun 10, 2013
@ Youngboss & Costee,

You dont discuss Toyota in BMW thread, likewise discuss Honda in Benz or Peugeot thread. Those threads were created to specifically discuss those brands. Bringing in another brand into those thread will defeat the purpose of creating those threads with the distractions and confusion it will bring, which will eventually kill such threads.

French cars have different technology, so is Benz or Toyota. If you want to understand Toyota technology better, its peculiar issues, how best to troubleshoot them and fix them, you visit Toyota thread.

We can always start a new thread to compare cars, as title will indicate.

Lets allow Infinity and Nissan users, admirers, lovers, friends and experts to discuss issues, post queries and offer solutions on how best to keep their cars on the road. This thread is not different from Peugeot, Benz, Honda and Audi threads. Lets allow them please.

Ikenna

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
Ikenna351: @ Youngboss & Costee,

You dont discuss Toyota in BMW thread, likewise discuss Honda in Benz or Peugeot thread. Those threads were created to specifically discuss those brands. Bringing in another brand into those thread will defeat the purpose of creating those threads with the distractions and confusion it will cause, which will eventually kill such threads.

French cars have different technology, so is Benz and Toyota. If you want to understand Toyota technology better, its peculiar issues, how best to trouble better and fix them, you visit Toyota thread.

We can always start a new thread to compare cars, as title will indicate.

Lets allow Infinity and Nissan users, admirers and experts to discuss issues, post queries and offer solutions on how best to keep their cars on the road. This thread is not different from Peugeot, Benz, Honda and Audi threads. Lets allow them please.

Ikenna
I'm afraid you're the one now giving undue importance to these other brands here. All we had done was to make passing references to these other models in order to appreciate better our Nissans. A thread will die a natural death once it ceases to be important, no need pleading for it.

2 Likes

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by yungboss(m): 6:04am On Jun 11, 2013
Costee:
I'm afraid you're the one now giving undue importance to these other brands here. All we had done was to make passing references to these other models in order to appreciate better our Nissans. A thread will die a natural death once it ceases to be important, no need pleading for it.
that's true Costee. I thought the thread was for discussing the brand and not only issues with it. When issues arise it's sure going to get responses from experts...e.g, i always liked fast cars (even though no roads in Nigeria), hence my questioning about it's power and speed (not that i'm going to be really drivng fast). They were constructive comparison, highlighting the strength of the brand not to bring other marques down. So in my opinion, it shouldn't be all about solving problems on every post/comment, but to also seeother sides. I have just learnt that it operates using a timing belt, and a model isn't as fast as i thought it was....

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 11, 2013
Timing belt? The G35 has a VQ engine. I want to believe it's timing chain. Hope to find out soon. My 6th Gen Max with the same VQ engine certainly has a timing chain, and so does my M45 with a VK engine.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by yungboss(m): 8:28am On Jun 11, 2013
Costee: Timing belt? The G35 has a VQ engine. I want to believe it's timing chain. Hope to find out soon. My 6th Gen Max with the same VQ engine certainly has a timing chain, and so does my M45 with a VK engine.
Okpara Ugo stated it has timing belt, since i do not know about these cars...if the cars you stated above have the chain, then the G wont be any different.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ikenna351: Please, we are beginning to derail and mess this thread up. Its a Nissan and Infinity thread,not a thread to compare cars or compare Nissan with other brands.

Ikenna.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
Uhm. Would it be that the OP does not know to which make the VQ is associated?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by KA24DETT(m): 7:28pm On Jun 11, 2013
yungboss:
Okpara Ugo stated it has timing belt, since i do not know about these cars...if the cars you stated above have the chain, then the G wont be any different.

Nissan VQ uses timing chains. Nissan does not use belt anymore. Their chains are "lifetime chains" no need replacing.
okpara ugo:

For your mind, Honda Ivtec 2008 isnt a fast car. The fastest cars on Nigerian roads are Merscedes, BMW and Honda(Ivtec), the last being the commonest. If you are rich, try Hyundai (Genesis). Am a road user(long haul).

I eat Honda VTEC for launch. VQ are so powerful they would murder any Honda VTec engine . Same displacement. U need to go look at the torque curve.
U don't know anything about Nissan engines, why else would you think VQ uses belt. Nissan has VTEC in their engines just called "VVEL". "Variable valve event and lift".
Every car automaker uses a version of valve timing .
BMW has VANOS, Honda VTEC, Toyota VVT-i.
Honda was the FIRST developer of VTEC .
BMW VANOS is very advanced compared to Honda system.
Yep yep. No biggie. Everyone got it .

6 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (87) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.