Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

My Fiance Took Away My Shame-Tiwa Savage - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Fiance Took Away My Shame-Tiwa Savage (2562 Views)

Toolz And Her Fiance, Tunde Step Out In Coordinating Outfits In Canada (Photos) / What A Shame!!! Tiwa Savage Exposes Her Pr*vates On Stage / My Fiance Has Covered My Shame - Comedian Princess Is Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiance Took Away My Shame-Tiwa Savage by aburo7: 7:31am On Jun 08, 2013
In an interview with Showtime weekly,Mavin Records First lady, Tiwa Savage, opened up about how she started her career in Nigeria and also her relationship with Tunji Balogun.
Here is an Excerpt from the interview:

Looking back to when you stormed the nation’s music industry a few years ago,how do you feel today?
Like you said, a lot of people tried to discourage me from coming home. They told me that people who came before me were not really welcomed home, and that it is even worse for a female singer. They even said there was no way I could be on the same stage with the likes of Tuface, Wizkid and many others. I got discouraged somehow. As a matter of fact, after I dropped Kele-Kele, I moved back to Los Angeles. Then, I dropped Love Me Love Me and it grew even bigger. So, I decided to move back to Nigeria because people around me encouraged me that I could make it if I’m consistent in what I’m doing. That was how I was encouraged to do more. I thank God for where I am today.

Is there any track dedicated to Tunji in your album?
Yes, there’s this track Written All Over Your Face. I dedicated the song to him for the role he played in my life. I met him at a time when no one was ready to help because I’m a female artiste. And whenever I wanted to give up and cry sometimes, he always encouraged me to be strong and move on. He’s my back bone. I love him because he’s been there for me. He wiped my shame away when he put a ring on my finger.

Why did you say he took your shame away.Were you ashamed of being single?
(Laughs). You know in Nigeria when a lady isn’t married and is just focused on her career, people think there’s something wrong with her. But he understood my journey. He was able to push me career-wise and encourage me. So, I just had to do a song for him.
Read more: http://www.toniaodili.com/2013/06/my-fiance-wiped-away-my-shame-tiwa.html?m=0

Re: My Fiance Took Away My Shame-Tiwa Savage by slymm(f): 7:40am On Jun 08, 2013
Another I.d.I.o.t bites the dust. That is why African women will continue to drown in ignorance, how can an educated woman open her mouth to say a man took away her shame. Stop tasking men with the burden of being shame removers, its too much work. If you see his putting a ring on your finger as taking away your shame and not because you fell in love and wanted to get married. Kpele.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Took Away My Shame-Tiwa Savage by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 08, 2013
slymm: Another I.d.I.o.t bites the dust. That is why African women will continue to drown in ignorance, how can an educated woman open her mouth to say a man took away her shame. Stop tasking men with the burden of being shame removers, its too much work. If you see his putting a ring on your finger as taking away your shame and not because you fell in love and wanted to get married. Kpele.

sour grapes
Re: My Fiance Took Away My Shame-Tiwa Savage by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 08, 2013
slymm: Another I.d.I.o.t bites the dust. That is why African women will continue to drown in ignorance, how can an educated woman open her mouth to say a man took away her shame. Stop tasking men with the burden of being shame removers, its too much work. If you see his putting a ring on your finger as taking away your shame and not because you fell in love and wanted to get married. Kpele.
exactly.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Took Away My Shame-Tiwa Savage by Fussbot: 11:40am On Jun 08, 2013

I prophesy in2 ur life..dat man u've been waiting for dat will take away ur shame will locate u dis month in d name of JESUS!

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Took Away My Shame-Tiwa Savage by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 08, 2013
Fussbot:

I prophesy in2 ur life..dat man u've been waiting for dat will take away ur shame will locate u dis month in d name of JESUS!

grin grin grin angry
You are not serious....

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Took Away My Shame-Tiwa Savage by slymm(f): 2:20pm On Jun 08, 2013
No need for any prophecies @Fussboat. I know you mean well, but I have no shame laying about for any man to take away, I will not burden a fellow human being with such task. I am complete and happy first as myself and luckily I have found a man who is now my fiance to share that happiness with. I completely understand the African mentality behind such a ludacris statement, but in this day and age ,it is sad to know that some people still think like that. That's the problem with so many young women, getting married so the man covers their shame, jumping into marriage just for the sake of being married and being calleld Mrs somebody.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Took Away My Shame-Tiwa Savage by angelTI(f): 2:28pm On Jun 08, 2013
so in tiwa's book, its shameful to be single n enjoy life?

I dont understand d way some people reason sha. The fat commedian that got married d other time said same. Shior on u two
Re: My Fiance Took Away My Shame-Tiwa Savage by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 08, 2013
Fussbot:

She likes being shameless.
Re: My Fiance Took Away My Shame-Tiwa Savage by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 08, 2013
Tiwa.....we know, you love him, but is this love one-sided? why na only you dey yarn?
Re: My Fiance Took Away My Shame-Tiwa Savage by angelTI(f): 3:33pm On Jun 08, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Tiwa.....we know, you love him, but is this love one-sided? why na only you dey yarn?

guess d guy is lov shy......
Re: My Fiance Took Away My Shame-Tiwa Savage by Fussbot: 4:50pm On Jun 08, 2013
angel TI: so in tiwa's book, its shameful to be single n enjoy life?

I dont understand d way some people reason sha. The fat commedian that got married d other time said same. Shior on u two

it's not shameful 2 be single and enjoy life,but it is shameful if u are 33+single and u claim 2 be enjoying life..like wat life wil u enjoy @ dat age without a husband?
Re: My Fiance Took Away My Shame-Tiwa Savage by slymm(f): 5:13pm On Jun 08, 2013
And a husband makes you less shameless? Its a hopeless situation.
Re: My Fiance Took Away My Shame-Tiwa Savage by stevecantrell: 6:27pm On Jun 08, 2013
Her folks have been giving her a hard time, no doubt about that. She 33 yrs old and its beginning to show.
Re: My Fiance Took Away My Shame-Tiwa Savage by kokoA(m): 7:03pm On Jun 08, 2013
eyah. Your miracle is on the way. God wey do am for Tiwa go surely do am for you.
Re: My Fiance Took Away My Shame-Tiwa Savage by Midastorch(m): 7:26pm On Jun 08, 2013
Girls can so hate on each other...Rejoice for others so tha ppl will rejoice with you.I prophesy too that your miracle is on the way.
Re: My Fiance Took Away My Shame-Tiwa Savage by Midastorch(m): 7:32pm On Jun 08, 2013
Fussbot: it's not shameful 2 be single and enjoy life,but it is shameful if u are 33+single and u
claim 2 be enjoying life..like wat life wil u enjoy @ dat age without a husband?

I guess the enjoyment of candles and vibrators,cuddling teddybears and sharing their thoughts on facebook is enough for some women @ that age.dunno why they're hating on the poor girl
Re: My Fiance Took Away My Shame-Tiwa Savage by tpia5: 3:11am On Jun 09, 2013
the issue is if someone like tiwa, who has beauty, looks, is attractive, has a stunning figure, is one of the top female nigerian artists, from a good background, is a top performer, with impressive credentials, feted everywhere, if she can be talking of shame, then what is the average nigerian female like you and I(most of whom do not possess these attributes) supposed to say?

maybe she's telling people about the value of humility?

i dont get it.

Which shame is she referring to? Most guys are even hoping the fiance will release her for them.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Getting Married In The Next 10 Years - Wizkid / Timaya And Kcee Settle Rift Between Wizkid And Davido / REVEALED: Davido Graduated Without Writing Any Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.