Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,704 members, 7,831,203 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer (10545 Views)

Supreme Court Upholds Delta, Oyo And Yobe Governorship Elections / Idahosa Who Killed Ibrahim Momodu, Sentenced To Life Imprisonment / Naval Officer Who Died While Fighting Boko Haram Insurgents Buried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by ikweremilitant: 11:45am On Jun 08, 2013
overdrive: Justice well served.
don't mind d coward.na civilian body him they get power,tomorrow hm go kneel down befor a junior officer dey scram hm mama name
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by stagger: 11:58am On Jun 08, 2013
Justice well served. Supreme court has spoken well. How can a Naval officer who should have reserved his bullets for Boko Haram bastards kill an innocent okada man just because he scratched his car? Let him go to where he will be analized daily by savages in Kiri Kiri. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 08, 2013
That's not manslaughter. it's murder. stoopid officer. That should be a warning to other military and non military personnel.

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by zolajpower: 12:17pm On Jun 08, 2013
AM SURE CHARLY BOY AND THE FAMILY OF THE DECEASED WILL BE THE HAPPIEST IN THIS JUDGEMENT
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by addicted268(f): 12:19pm On Jun 08, 2013
I'm happy for the family of the victim.they finally got justice.the naval officer was very mean.imagine shooting someone cos of a scratched car!was he high on something?Gosh!!!
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by Emmyk(m): 12:30pm On Jun 08, 2013
Who knows how many innocent people he has taken down?
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by azpekuliar: 12:34pm On Jun 08, 2013
2005? How time flies! I remember the incident like yesterday. Justice has been well served. Infact he should have been sentenced to solitary confinement for the rest of his life!
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by andyanders: 12:38pm On Jun 08, 2013
shaqoloye: same thing should happen to dat Edo DPO that shot a student last week.

Thank you. The lady police should also be murdered same way she shot the young man and tagged him a thief. Her children and her generation must die in violence.

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by Z8(m): 1:02pm On Jun 08, 2013
Men that officer should get a death penalty. upon the fact that he knelt down to beg? haba
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by bonna4u(m): 1:17pm On Jun 08, 2013
Justice well served, athough I would have prefered if this animal had had his barbaric ass sent to jail a long time ago. Finally, it is high time all our security services started conducting extensive tests before new recruits are absorbed into the system to avoid such killings.
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by fortune1968: 2:15pm On Jun 08, 2013
yoruba will say : a bad tempered man need not work at all cause no matter how long he might have worked : all the gains will be thrown away by him in a moment of unbridled anger . CAN ODUNLAMI NOW RIDE HIS BEAUTIFUL CAR ?
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by Gbawe: 2:19pm On Jun 08, 2013
I remember this case. I hope life means life in this case. They should throw in hard labour as well till the day he dies in prison.
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by barroymails: 2:38pm On Jun 08, 2013
Why life imprisonment? Justice would have been better served by sentencing the murderous officer to death by hanging. All that he will do now is to bribe his way to get recommended for pardon and consequent release after a few years in prison.
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by ishmael(m): 2:43pm On Jun 08, 2013
When will govt also jail boko haram members that ve killed hundreds? It's a pity Odunlami, u're the scape goat. Give ur life to Christ life will have a meaning to u, even in prison. May God help u.
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by creativemusic: 2:47pm On Jun 08, 2013
The heart is full of wickedness sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by numericalguy(m): 4:15pm On Jun 08, 2013
I wonder why he got manslaughter for what he did, case looks like murder to me. All the same, he got punished for what he did. Under a military regime, he would probably have been promoted for killing innocent civilians.

I hope this serves as a warning to other bad eggs in the military that killing innocent civilians is not what they were trained to do.
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by hrykanu231(m): 4:20pm On Jun 08, 2013
NO Judge(s) don't send him 2 jail, the govt is thinking on decongesting it. Just send him to ALUU and the rest will be history. Silly Officer
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by funnyx(m): 4:27pm On Jun 08, 2013
Justice well served!
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by Azedplus(m): 4:29pm On Jun 08, 2013
lucky for him, his crime is worth a death sentence
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 08, 2013
I wonder the effect of a motorcycle hitting a car bumper from behind. No damage. Pride kills our men in uniform. Wow!
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by Toosure70: 4:43pm On Jun 08, 2013
if na aboki, he for jump by pass the judgement
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by mufutau55(m): 8:48pm On Jun 08, 2013
Where is his beautiful car now? Stupid Officer.
We need an enforced death penalty in Nigeria.
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by gudlook(m): 10:14pm On Jun 08, 2013
U09ce:

http://weeklytrust.com.ng/index.php/new-news/12877-supreme-court-upholds-life-imprisonment-for-naval-chief
I was in this traffic this faithful day (Still very fresh in my memory). That was along Obafemi Awolowo way by Oregun Road junction traffic light, Ikeja. May God protect our going out and our coming in daily.
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by mboma(m): 11:21pm On Jun 08, 2013
after how many year
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 08, 2013
Why charge him for manslaughter when he intentionally shot the man in the mouth ? That dude should have been hanged a long time ago since he was court-martialled to serve as a lesson to those other ones in the service who forgot that the days of dictatorship where the military reign are over.
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by Lagbaja425(m): 1:28am On Jun 09, 2013
Death Penalty...
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by Lanjohnus: 9:33am On Jun 09, 2013
Life imprisonment my feet...he deserv to be stoned to death broad day light...
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by josite: 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
it is a true story and a very sad story. This guy is just coming out of the nda and has one of the most prettiest girlfriend in the world .yet his anger ,his ego, his love for vanity. Let all of us with anger problem now deals with it.this guy is really in a hellish condition. Value your freedom. Learn to react appropriately to offence,no matter the offence.im really sad about this young guy plight. he is barely 30years of age.
Re: Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer by KrisJay(f): 5:16pm On Jun 09, 2013
Life imprisonment is ok for him but they could have added some clauses like,... Hard labour.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Insurgents Dressed As Soldiers Kill 4 In Kano / A Comparison Between The Benin People And The Igbo People Based On Nigerias Hist / PDP Convention Is A Big Joke: Sheriff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.